从幼儿园到八年级
from kindergarten to eighth grade.
玛雅想让弗兰妮上天主教学校
Maya wanted Franny to go to Catholic school,
但我坚决反对
but I put my foot down.
这可能是个好主意
That’s probably a good idea
如果你不想让她厌倦教堂
if you want her not to hate the church.
我只是 不讨厌
I’m just, I don’t hate it.
我想知道弗兰你在哪里
I wonder where Franny is?
你好
Hello.
你好
Hello.
我赢了吗
Did I win?
我妈妈帮了你
Did my mom help you?
不
No.
给你几分钟时间
Just gonna give you a few minutes
去了解彼此
to get to know each other.
我真的不能呆太久
I actually can’t stay long.
好的
Okay.
黛娜告诉我关于你的好多事情
Dana told me lots of nice things about you.
黛娜来了吗
Is Dana coming?
不 他怀孕了就搬走了 记得吗
No, she moved when she had her baby, remember?
但她是我最好的朋友
But she’s my best friend,
她认为我和你
and she thought that you and I
会相处的很好
would get along really well.
你好 弗朗西斯 不 我不认识弗朗西斯
Hello, Frances, no, I don’t know any Frances.
不 我不认为这里有弗朗西斯 对吗
No, I don’t, I don’t think there’s a Frances here, is there?
让我试试 弗朗西斯
Let me try, Frances!
弗兰妮 你有一个很重要的电♥话♥
Franny, you have a very important call.
我甚至不确定她现在能不能理解我
I’m not even sure she can understand me right now.
来 你想和她谈谈吗
Here, do you wanna try to talk to her?
好的 这是弗朗西斯
Okay, here’s Frances.
明白我的意思了吗
You see what I mean?
我们结束了
We’re done.
我不会接受的
I’m not gonna get it.
为什么
Why?
因为我很诚实
Because I was honest.
我应该撒谎说我爱孩子
Should’ve just lied and said that I love kids,
我有心肺复苏证明
and I’m CPR certified.
噢 我的天呐
Oh, my God.
什么
What?
纸尿裤开始管用了
The pee-pee teepee worked,
现在你不能喷♥尿♥了
and now you can’t spray pee-pee
当着妈妈的面 你可以吗
into mommy’s face anymore, can you?
你碰到西边的人了吗
Did you run into any Northwestern people?
不 问这个干什么
No, why?
准备好 附近到处都是
Be ready, that neighborhood’s crawling
和我们一起上学的人
with people we went to school with.
是你们一起上学
You went to school with.
你也在那里呆了一年
You were there for a year.
这不算数
It doesn’t count.
噢 我的天呐
Oh, my God!
什么
What?
他只是笑了笑
He just smiled.
不可思议 你可以微笑
It couldn’t be gas, but can you smile.
你能对妈妈和布里吉特微笑吗
Can you smile for momma and Bridget?
我看不到他
I can’t see him.
我把它录下来
Let me get it on video.
噢 以后再拍吧
Oh, film it later.
我不知道他还会不会笑了
I don’t know if he’ll do it again.
他真的笑过吗
Ever?
我要走了
I gotta go.
在人生35的阶段应该做些什么 毫无头绪
对不起
Sorry.
嗨 布里吉特 我是玛雅·罗德里格斯
Hi, Bridget, this is Maya Rodriguez.
嗯 安妮和我都在想
Um, Annie and I were wondering
你是否可以做暑期工
if you might still be available for the summer position?
你去哪
Where you going?
你绝对是我的救命恩人
You’re an absolute lifesaver.
现在 我们雇佣这位女士有着丰富的经验
Now, the woman we hired came with tons of experience,
但是她年纪大了 而且非常固执
and recommendations, but she was older and very rigid,
她很难跟上弗兰妮的想法
and she had trouble keeping up with Franny,
弗兰妮回家的时候更伤心
and Franny was coming home even more wound up,
所以我和一个六岁的孩子在一起
and so I was left with a wild six year old,
还有一个不停啼哭的婴儿 直到八点安妮回家
and a screaming baby till Annie got home at eight,
我以为我会失去理智
and I thought I was gonna lose my mind
如果我再像这样生活一个星期
if I had to go another week like that.
所以啊 我们让她走了
So ah, we let her go.
好吧 安妮做到了
Well, Annie did.
我做不到
I couldn’t do it.
这是沃利
This is Wally?
啊 华♥莱♥士♥·弗朗西斯·罗德里格斯·鲍尔森
Ah, Wallace Francisco Rodriguez Paulsen.
哇
Wow.
我知道 等他长大后 会给他起另一个名字
I know and he’ll get another name when he’s confirmed.
好的 我们得走了
Okay, we gotta go.
干得好 是的
Good job, yeah.
你很快就学会爬了 是的
You’re gonna crawl soon, yeah.
我得趁他睡眼惺忪的时候下手
I gotta do it when he’s nice and sleepy.
噢 我 我啊 我的钥匙在这里的某个地方
Oh, I, I ah, my keys are here somewhere.
好的 嗯 你能帮我照看一下沃利吗
Okay, um, would you mind watching Wally for me?
当然
Sure.
嘿
Hey.
嗯 找到它们了
Uh, found them.
弗兰妮在哪
Where’s Franny?
很安静
It’s quiet.
我道歉
I apologize.
你知道怎么去公园吗
Do you know how to get to the park?
我不相信弗兰妮能指引你
I don’t trust Franny to guide you.
我道歉
I apologize.
我可以用手♥机♥查一下
I can look it up on my phone.
噢 零食 不加糖
Ah, for snacks, no sugar.
拜拜 妈妈
Bye, Mommy.
我是布里吉特 你还记得我吗
I’m Bridget, remember me?
嘿 嘿
Hey, hey!
你知道怎么打开这个吗
Do you know how to open this?
我可以走路
I can walk.
你妈妈想让我们带上它
Your mom wanted us to bring it.
这是给孩子的
It’s for the baby.
把它放在门廊上
Leave it on the porch.
我不想让任何人偷走它
I don’t want anyone to steal it.
别担心 这里的犯罪率很低
They won’t, crime rate’s really low here.
嘿
Hey!
所以 你最喜欢什么颜色
So, what’s your favorite color?
嘿 慢下来
Hey, slow down.
你多大了
How old are you?
你以为我多大了
How old do you think I am?
52.
你为什么这么想
Why do you think that?
因为琳达就是这么大
Because that’s how old Linda was,
她和你一样傻
and she was as slow as you.
我34岁
I’m 34.
你有孩子吗
Do you have kids?
没有
No.
你结婚了吗
Are you married?
没有
No.
你有男朋友吗
Do you have a boyfriend?
没有
No.
女朋友呢
A girlfriend?
没有 你有男朋友或者女朋友吗
No, do you have a boyfriend or a girlfriend?
没有
No.
那我们就有共同点了
Then we have something in common.
我很累
I’m tired.
我们刚开始走
We just started walking.
你会背我吗
Will you carry me?