They showed up. I put them in David’s office.
我母亲来了吗?
Is my mother in yet?
我侄子也是这样 我给他大办公室
I got the same thing with a nephew. I gave him a huge office.
他也不上班 我们用来当午餐室
He’s never there either, so we use it for lunches.
这些是请帖
These are the invitations.
我们用环保纸
We thought we’d use recycled paper.
看起来脏兮兮的
Why does it always look dirty?
莫德
Oh, Maude.
你喜欢哪种 灰褐色还是浅黄色?
Now, which do you like, the taupe or the buff?
有什么问题?
What’s the problem, Patrick?
我这边没问题
No problem from our point of view.
我感觉就象… 那个词怎么说来着
I feel like a… what’s that word?
有很多男人跟在你后面
When a lot of guys are after you.
婊♥子♥
Whore.
我是指淑女
I was thinking more “debutante.”
别人也想要泰森电子公♥司♥
Somebody else wants to be in bed with Tyson Electronics.
你知道中天集团吗?
You know Intermedia?
知道
Mm-hmm.
他们的条件很好
Impressive proposal.
现金加股权
Cash, stock…
也不插手管理
and they don’t want to tell me how to run the business.
他们对你真好
Well, how flattering for you, Patrick.
那你怎么处理的?
So, how did you leave it?
我说我们就快结为亲家
I told them we’re practically family, you and I.
暂时不会考虑其他买♥♥主
I couldn’t possibly entertain their offer at this time.
很好
Good.
不过伊莉莎白昨晚回家
But Elizabeth came home last night.
她打电♥话♥给大卫
She called David.
-我们觉得 -你 是你觉得
– We got the impression… – You. You got the impression.
我觉得他好像不着急
I got the impression that he wasn’t as anxious as he should be…
见她
to see her.
他六神无主 帕特里克
But he’s not himself, Patrick.
他受了伤
He’s been injured.
他正在服药
He’s on very heavy medication.
他不想让她看到他生病的样子
He wants to be perfect before he sees her again.
我也是这么想
That’s what I thought.
喂?
Hello?
-早安 -莱纳斯
– Good morning. – Linus.
你能再来城里一趟吗?
Listen, would you mind another trip into the city?
我有点事想跟你谈谈
I’ve got some business that I’d like to discuss with you.
-有事? -对
– Business? – Yeah.
我想请你下午来办公室
I was wondering if you could meet me here this afternoon.
不晓得 我有点事要办
I don’t know. There’s something I ought to do.
你能来我会很感激
It would mean a great deal to me if you could.
那老妖怪只是虚张声势
That little leprechaun was making a veiled threat.
他不是虚张声势
There was no veil.
要想办法应付吗?
Should we do something?
我能应付
It’s under control.
我明天要去巴黎
I’m going to Paris tomorrow.
什么?
What?
几句话说不清
It’s a long story.
那就慢慢说
I like long stories.
这故事你不会喜欢
You won’t like this one.
说来听听
Try me.
我和莎宾娜有进展
Things have been progressing with Sabrina.
我们心意相通
We’ve bonded.
我们互诉心曲
We’ve been confiding in each other.
昨晚吃晚餐的时候
Last night, over a handful of chicken…
我告诉她我的生活需要变化
I told her I thought my life was in need of some radical changes.
我说我想离开
I told her I was thinking about getting away…
我想搬到巴黎
moving to Paris.
她觉得很好
She thought that was a great idea.
-她相信你的话? -不止相信
– And she believed you? – More than that.
我觉得她想跟我去
I think she’ll want to go with me.
你怎么知道?
How do you know?
就像我知道光纤会取代电缆一样
The same way I knew fiber optics would replace coaxial cable…
英代尔会改革电脑业
that Intel’s chip would change the industry…
还有仙迪克罗会演电影
that Cindy Crawford’s House of Style would be a big hit.
我就是知道
I just know.
我的盘算是
So here’s the way it’ll play out.
莎宾娜到巴黎
Sabrina will go to Paris with me.
聪明的大卫如期结婚
A wiser David will return to Elizabeth.
我会从巴黎赶回来签定合同
I’ll come back from Paris to sign the papers.
完成合并
The merger will close.
我们会赚一大笔钱
We’ll make a very large sum of money…
然后你可以到意大利买♥♥♥房♥♥子
and you can buy a house in Tuscany.
我在意大利有房♥子
I have a house in Tuscany.
那莎宾娜呢?
What happens to Sabrina?
她会认清现实
She grows up.
你打算甩掉她
You’re going to ditch her?
天啊!
My goodness.
你以为还能怎样?
How did you think this was going to happen, Mother?
难道有两全其美的方法?
Did you think there was some sweet way to do it? Some sweet way?
我不晓得
I don’t know what I thought.
-我只是不想让莎宾娜… -怎样?
– I just don’t want Sabrina to be… – What?
不快乐?
Unhappy?
这些年来你都没见过我们的
In all these years, you’ve never once seen the face of somebody…
手下败将的脸长什么样
the day after we’ve taken over their business. Haven’t you?
你只顾着庆祝
You’re at the hairdresser or celebrating.
我大概是老了
I think I’m getting old.
我好难受
I feel terrible.
吃药吧
Take a pill.
讲话小心点 我还是你母亲
Watch it. I’m still your mother.
我会的 都是你教的
And you taught me everything I know.
我没教你这么无情
I didn’t teach you this.
我走了 得回几个电♥话♥
Excuse me. I have some calls to return.
紧密联♥系♥起来
Closer together
费小姐 他以为你会早些到的
Miss Fairchild. He was expecting you much earlier.
我会通知他你到了
I’ll let him know that you’re here.
请别告诉他 不要告诉他我来了
Maybe this isn’t such a good idea. Don’t tell him I’m here.
但他是我老板 莎宾娜到了
But he pays me to tell him. Sabrina Fairchild.
我开始担心了
I was beginning to worry.
为什么?
Why?
你很爱问为什么
That’s a favorite question of yours.
你不想来?
Didn’t you want to come?
是我先问的
I asked you first.
我也在问你
I asked you second.
我…
I’ve been…
整个下午都在城里想
I’ve been wandering around Manhattan all afternoon.
想着… 也许…
It’s something to do… with maybe…
以后不再见你了
never seeing you again.
这挺可笑的 因为我们并不…
That’s ridiculous, because we don’t…
并不是非得见面
we don’t have to…
除非不期而遇
Well, except by accident, and…
这根本不是问题
How could that be a problem?
如果两人…
If two people…
我先问你的
I asked you first.
那…
Well…
既然你刚才说了…
what you said… whatever it is…
我要说的就是…
makes what I was gonna say…
没有必要
obsolete, I think.
没有必要?
Obsolete?
毫无意义
Irrelevant.
好 我喜欢无意义
Okay. I like irrelevant.
是吗?
Do you?
谁帮你剪头发?
Who cuts your hair?
汤尼
Tony.
汤尼?
Tony?
是 怎么了? 我是不是应该去你的理发店?
Yeah. Why? You think I should go to your barber?
不是 只是…
No, but…
汤尼是我爸爸的理发师