当且仅当两端的分子
If, and only if, both sides of the numerator is divisible by
都能被这两个未知变量的平方根的倒数整除时
the inverse of the square root of the two unassigned variables.
很好 除了当X轴上的坐标值
Good. Except when the value of the “X” Coordinate…
小于等于1的时候
is equal to or less than the value of one.
怎么了 Isaac – 那道题怎么了
Yes, Isaac? – What about that problem?
哦 那个啊 不用去想那题 “M”是
Oh, that? Don’t worry about that. “M” Is
等等 为什么
Wait. Why?
我就写着玩的
I just put that up as a joke.
那大概是全世界最难的几何方程式了
That’s probably the hardest geometry equation in the world.
解出来能得多少额外学分呢
How much extra credit is it worth?
这个嘛 鉴于我还没见任何人答对过
Well, considering I’ve never seen anyone get it right…
包括我在麻省理工的导师 Leaky博士
including my mentor, Dr. Leaky at M.I.T….
在座任何一位能解答出来的人
I guess if anyone here can solve that problem.
我敢肯定
I’d see to it that
余生都不需要再学数学了
none of you ever have to open another math book again for the rest of your lives.
Max
Max?
你想试试吗
Care to try it?
抱歉 是有人叫了我的名字吗
I’m sorry. Did someone say my name?
你解出来了
You got it.
Fischer Fischer Fischer Fischer Fischer
Fischer! Fischer! Fischer! Fischer! Fischer!
谢谢
Thank you.
你们拥有的一切都来得轻而易举
You guys have it real easy.
我不曾拥有这样的成长环境
I never had it like this where I grew up.
但我把我的孩子送到这里
But I send my kids here because, the fact is…
因为这里是全国最好的学校之一
you go to one of the best schools in the country:
拉什莫尔
Rushmore.
对于你们中的某些人来说
Now, for some of you,
这并不重要
it doesn’t matter.
你们含着金汤匙出生 将世代富有
You were born rich, and you’re going to stay rich.
但对于另外一部分人 我的建议是
But here’s my advice to the rest of you:
死死瞄准这些富家少爷
Take dead aim on the rich boys.
盯着准星里的每个人
Get them in the crosshairs,
拿下他们
and take them down.
记住
Just remember:
他们虽然在物质上富有一切 但永远买♥♥不到骨气
They can buy anything, but they can’t buy backbone.
时刻提醒他们这一点
Don’t let them forget that.
谢谢
Thank you.
有空来毕业典礼吗 Herman 你可以做个返场演讲
Free for graduation, Herman? Perhaps you could give us an encore.
Nicholas Copernicus – 我才不在乎
Nicholas! Copernicus! – I don’t give a shit.
老子出钱建了整个游泳馆
I paid for the whole damn natatorium.
这帮小崽子至少得听我把话说完吧
The least these little pricks can do is hear me out.
您好 Guggenheim教授 – 你好 Max
Hi, Dr. Guggenheim. – Hello, Max.
您好 我是Max Fischer
Hello. I’m Max Fischer.
我只想跟您说 我非常赞同您对拉什莫尔的观点
I just wanted to say that I strongly agree with your views concerning Rushmore.
还有 您的演讲非常精彩
Um… your speech was excellent.
谢谢 – 谢谢您
Thank you. – Thank you.
谢谢 – 您好
Thank you. – Hello.
噢 Blume先生 他是我的教友 Dirk Calloway
Oh, Mr. Blume, this is my chapel partner, Dirk Calloway.
教友 学院中高年级学生和低年级学生组成的
一同进行祷告颂诗的伙伴关系
幸会 Dirk
Nice to meet you, Dirk.
谢谢
Well, thanks.
那个
You know…
我觉得关于拉什莫尔您讲的太对了
I really think you’re right about Rushmore.
走吧 Drik
Come on, Dirk.
他叫什么来着 – Max Fischer
What’s his name again? – Max Fischer.
很机灵的小鬼
Sharp little guy.
他是我们这儿最麻烦的学生之一
He’s one of the worst students we’ve got.
你 出局
You! You’re out!
我们将把你列入”紧急留校察看”名单
We’re putting you on what we call “Sudden death academic probation.”
那是什么意思呢
And what does that entail?
意思就是 要是你再挂一门课 就会被勒令退学
It entails that if you fail another class you’ll be asked to leave Rushmore.
换句话说 就是我会被开除
In other words, I’ll be expelled.
说对了
That’s correct.
我能看看相关的文字档案吗
Could I see some documentation on that, please?
社团活动太多 学习时间太少
Too many extracurricular activities, Max. Not enough studying.
嗯
Mm-hmm.
Guggenheim教授 不是我对您的工作指手画脚
Dr. Guggenheim, I don’t want to tell you how to do your job…
但事实是 无论我多努力学习 还是很可能再挂掉一门课
but the fact is, no matter how hard I try I still might flunk another class.
如果那意味着留级一年 悉听尊便
If that means I have to stay on for a postgraduate year, then so be it,
但是 – 我们并没有留级制度
But… – We don’t offer a postgraduate year.
只是此前没有而已
Well… we don’t offer it yet.
努把力提高成绩吧
Just bring up the grades.
您还记得我是怎么进入这所学校的吗
Do you remember how I got into this school?
记得 你写了一出话剧
Yes. You wrote a play.
是的 二年级的时候
That’s right. Second grade.
我写了一出关于”水门事件”的独幕剧
A little one-act about Watergate.
水门事件 1972年总统大选中尼克松的竞选团队
在水门大厦安装窃听器并偷♥拍♥机密文件时当场被捕
我妈妈看了之后觉得我应该去拉什莫尔读书
And my mother read it and felt I should go to Rushmore.
然后您读了剧本 还给了我奖学金 不是吗
And you read it, and you gave me a scholarship, didn’t you?
是的
Mm-hmm.
您后悔吗 – 不 我不后悔
Do you regret it? – No, I don’t regret it.
但我仍然可能不得不开除你
But I still might have to expel you.
可不可以 可不可以睁一只眼闭一只眼呢
Couldn’t Couldn’t we just let me float by?
看在往日的情分上
For old time’s sake?
不可以 Max
Can’t do it, Max.
他们想踢我出去 – 不是吧 又来
They want to kick me out. – Oh, no. Not again.
你打算怎么办 – 我想我唯一能做的
What are you gonna do? – The only thing I can do:
就是争取抱上教务处的大腿
try and pull some strings with the administration, I guess.
你听说了下学期要开日语课吗
Did you hear they’re teaching Japanese next year?
只是传闻而已
That’s the rumor.
还要取消拉丁语课 – 什么
And they’re canceling Latin. – What?
我为了取消拉丁语课摇旗呐喊了5年
I tried to get Latin canceled for five years.
“这是一门死去的语言” 我一直这样说
“It’s a dead language,” I’d always say.
我猜他们总算听到了你的心声吧
Well, I guess they finally heard you.
失陪一下
Excuse me.
我可不可以看一下
Could I please see a list of all the people
去年借阅这本书的人的名单
who’ve checked out this book in the past year?
为什么
Why?
看这儿
Look at that.
嗯
Hmm.
“我见的恶徒和愚人都多不胜数
“I have seen wicked men and fools, a great many of both;
我坚信他们最后都将付出代价
and I believe they both get paid in the end.
但愚人会先付出代价
But the fools first.
第十五章 带银色纽扣的少年”
Chapter 15. The Lad with the Silver Button.”
十分钟后拐角见 – 你要去哪
Meet me on the corner in 1 0 minutes. – Where are you going?
到巡逻车里再说
I’ll tell you in the squad car.
哦 还有 Willie
Oh, and, Willie…
关于Enrique Sanchez的案子你弄错了
you were wrong about Enrique Sanchez.
他是在睡梦里死去的
He died in his sleep.
精彩 真是精彩
Excellent. That was excellent.
太棒了 太棒了
That was great. That was great.
Irving 麻烦你给大家买♥♥点根汁汽水吧
Um, Irving. Could you get some root beers for anybody who wants one?
我就不要了 – 好的
I don’t want one, okay? – Okay.
好了 下一幕
All right. Next scene.
Frank 你拿一袋可♥卡♥因♥上台
Frank, you enter stage right with a bag of cocaine.
那天我还跟Calloway先生说
I was just telling Mr.Calloway the other day
有你关照Drik 我们真的很省心
how fortunate we are to have someone like you looking out for Dirk.
噢 您太客气了
Oh, don’t be silly.
Drik本身就是好孩子
Dirk’s a great kid,
我只是再传授一些经验 锦上添花而已
and I’m just trying to impart some of the experiences I’ve accrued to help him.
这上面有我的号♥码
This has my number on it,
无论是Drik还是任何需要帮忙的的事情 都可以打电♥话♥找我
if you need to call me or need help with Dirk or anything like that.
非常感谢你
Well, thank you very much.
哈喽 Drik – 嗨 妈妈
Hello, Dirk. – Hi, Mom.
怎么样 宝贝 – 我很好
How are you, honey? – Fine.
再见 – 再见 很高兴再次见到你
Bye. – Bye. It was so nice to see you again.
嘿 Drik 数学测试考得怎么样啊
Hey, Dirk. How’d your math test go?
什么数学测试
What math test?
我还以为你昨天有数学测试呢
I thought you had a math test today.
没有 你那篇写柏林空运的论文交了吗
No. Did you turn in your paper on the Berlin Airlift?