The minute you do that, you kill what’s good about this.
你这么想的时候,就扼杀了赛车的精髓
You kill the sport.
扼杀了运动的精髓
James!
詹姆斯!
James!
詹姆斯!
I’ve got to go.
我得走了
Careful in this thing.
开飞机当心点
James.
詹姆斯
In hospital, the toughest part of my treatment was the vacuum.
在医院的时候,最痛苦的治疗就是清肺
Pumping the shit out of my lungs.
把肺里的脏东西都抽出来
It was hell.
炼狱一般
And while doing it, I was watching television.
治疗的时候,我正看着电视
You winning all my points. Your points?
看着你把我的分数都赢走 你的分数?
“That bastard, Hunt,” I’d say. “I hate that guy.”
“那个混账亨特,”我说,“我真是恨他。”
And one day, the doctor came and said,
然后有一天,医生过来对我说
“Mr. Lauda, may I offer a piece of advice?”
“劳达先生,我能提个建议吗?”
“Stop thinking of it as a curse to have been given
“不要把生命中的宿敌
an enemy in life.”
认为是个诅咒”
“It can be blessing too.”
“它也可以是恩赐”
“A wise man gets more from his enemies
“聪明人从敌人那里学到的东西”
than a fool from his friends.”
“比笨蛋从朋友那里学到的还要多”
And you know what? He was right.
你知道吗?他说得没错
Look at us.
看看我们吧
We were both a pair of kids when we met.
我们认识的时候,都还只是孩子
Hot-headed jerks in Formula 3.
F3赛场的热血愣头青
Disowned by our families. Headed nowhere.
家里人不认我们,也没处去
And now we’re both champions of the world.
而现在,我们都是世界冠军了
It was not bad.
这也不太坏嘛
No, it’s not bad.
嗯,是不坏
So don’t let me down now.
所以别让我失望了
I need you busting my balls.
我需要你把我逼到疯
Get back to work. I will, Niki, I will.
回去工作去 我会的,尼基
But I intend to enjoy myself first.
但我还是想先享受享受
Some of life needs to be for pleasure.
有些人生是需要享乐的
What’s the point of having a million cups, medals and planes
就算有了一百万个冠军,和飞机
if you don’t have any fun?
如果无法享乐,又有什么意义呢?
How is that winning?
那又怎么算是赢呢?
James! We’re gonna leave without you!
詹姆斯! 我们不等你了先走了哦!
James!
詹姆斯!
I’ll see you on race day, champ.
我们比赛时候见吧,冠军
You will…
会见到的…
champ.
冠军
You look good, Niki.
你看上去很不错,尼基
The only guy to have burnt his face and it be an improvement.
唯一一个烧伤了反倒美容了的人嘛
Of course he didn’t listen to me.
他当然没听我的话
For James, one world title was enough.
对詹姆斯来说,一个世界冠军头衔就足够了
He had proved what he needed to prove,
他已经证明了他所需要证明的
to himself and anyone who doubted him.
给他自己,也给所有质疑他的人
And two years later he retired.
两年之后,他退役了
When I saw him next in London seven years later,
当七年后我再一次在伦敦见到他时
me as champion again,
我又成为了世界冠军
him as broadcaster,
他是广播播报员
he was barefoot on a bicycle, with a flat tyre.
光脚骑着自行车,车胎还是扁的
Still living each day like his last.
仍旧把每天都当做人生的最后一天过着
When I heard he’d died aged 45, of a heart attack,
当我听说他45岁时因心脏病去世
I wasn’t surprised.
我并不吃惊
I was just sad.
只感到悲伤
People always think of us as rivals,
人们总认为我们俩是对手
but he was among the very few I liked
但他是我喜欢的很少数的人之一
and even fewer that I respected.
更是极少我尊重的人之一
He remains the only person I envied.
更是我唯一嫉妒过的人

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!