l did love Norman once, long ago,
但我不该嫁给他
but l never should’ve married him.
那你为什么嫁呢?
So why did you?
我如果拒绝他的求婚 他威胁要自杀,我不想害死人
He threatened to kill himself if l turned down his proposal. l’m not a murderer.
我不是好太太、好母亲
l’ve failed as a wife and a mother.
没错
Yes, you have.
荻翠
But Deirdre,
你不能和一个不懂欣赏 你的才华的男人在一起
you can’t stay with a man who doesn’t see your gift.
你是个极为优秀的诗人
You are a brilliant, brilliant poet.
贾斯登,对于父母的婚姻状况
Augusten, have you any questions to ask me
你有问题要问我吗?
concerning the state of your parents’ marriage?
我有一个问题
l do have one question.
那扇门后面有什么?
What’s behind that door?
那个?
That?
通往隔壁的房♥间
That leads to an adjacent room
我在里面自♥慰♥
where l masturbate.
范奇医师
Dr. Finch…
虽然我非常进化,但我还是人
As evolved as l may indeed be, l’m still a human being, Deirdre.
一个男人
A male human being.
还是个十足的男人
l am still very much a man.
想参观吗?
Would you like a tour?
你在干嘛,小荷?
What is this, Hope?
天啊,爸,吓死我了
Jesus Christ, Dad! You scared the shit out of me.
你不能来这里,这是我的自♥慰♥室
Hope, you’ve no business being in here! This is my masturbatorium!
-你还盖我的毯子 -我只是打个盹
-And you’re using my blanket. -l was just taking a nap.
这里不是打盹的地方
Nap? This is not the place for naps!
去接听电♥话♥,煮咖啡
Go mind the telephone. Make fresh coffee.
好好做你的工作
Do yourjob, like a responsible woman.
(范奇医师,荻翠贝罗)
他要走了
He’s leaving.
现在我可以专心写作了
Now l can focus on my writing.
这里真棒
This is nice.
也许我会成为医生
Maybe l’ll become a doctor.
就在前面,右手边
lt’s just down here, on the right.
不是这里
That’s not it.
是吗?
ls it?
不可能
lt can’t be.
就是这里,这是范奇医师的家
This is it, Augusten. This is Dr. Finch’s house.
没有医生住在这里
No doctor lives here.
你好,爱妮
Hello, Agnes.
荻翠,请进
Hello, Deirdre. Come in.
佛洛依德
Oh, Freud.
你一定是贾斯登,对吧?
Well, you must be Augusten, isn’t that right?
我是爱妮,范奇医师的太太
Yes, well, l’m Agnes. l’m Dr. Finch’s wife.
别拘束,我去叫医生
Well, make yourselves at home. l’ll go get the doctor.
我到车上等
l’ll wait in the car.
不能在车上等,那要等很久,也没礼貌
No, no, you will not wait in the car. lt’ll be hours and it’s rude.
待在这里跟范家的孩子聊聊
You just stay here. Get along with the Finch children.
荻翠,在上面
Up here, Deirdre.
丫头
Abigail,
你来做什么?
what are you doing here?
(黑暗阴影)
(狗食)
想吃一点吗?
Would you like to try some?
不要
No.
谢谢
Thanks.
大家何必这么大惊小怪?
Why does everybody make such a fuss?
只是一点狗食而已
lt’s just a little kibble.
这东西不干净
That stuff’s not clean.
是给狗吃的
lt’s for dogs.
你应该害怕尝试新东西吧
Well, l guess you’re afraid to try new things, Augusten.
真可悲
Sad.
现在过圣诞太早了吧?
lsn’t it a little early for Christmas?
是太迟了
You mean late.
已经摆两年了
lt’s been up for two years.
我刚才便便
l just pooped.
真厉害,屎小孩
Oh, way to go, kiddie-poo.
嘿
Hey.
我是娜塔丽,另一个女儿
l’m Natalie. The other daughter.
-贾斯登 -我知道
-Augusten. -l know.
干嘛穿这么正式?要上教堂吗?
What’s with the clothes, choir boy? Are you going to church?
我刚才便便
l just pooped.
约翰摩西是我爸病人的小孩
John Moses is the kid of one of my dad’s patients.
我们有时候要照顾他
We watch him sometimes.
来,我应该让你有事做
Come on, l’m supposed to keep you occupied.
-这是什么? -电疗器
-What is it? -lt’s an electroshock therapy machine.
我爸以前常用来治疗病人
My dad used to use it on patients all the time.
直到警♥察♥上门为止
Until the police came.
会有精采的爆破,帮我搬
Come on, it’ll be a wicked blast. Help me move it.
范奇医师现在为何在家看诊?
So why is Dr. Finch seeing patients in his house now?
卡特总统逼大家 开车40哩去买♥♥汽油
Well, you know how President Carter makes us drive 40 miles out of our way to buy gas?
因为我们面临…
Because we’re in…
能源危机?
An energy crisis?
对
Right.
因此人们没闲钱做心理治疗
Well, that means people don’t have extra money for luxuries like mental health,
他流失了很多病人,要缩减开销
so he’s lost a lot of patients. He’s downsizing.
准备好了吗?
Are you ready?
准备什么?
For what?
你是智障吗?
Are you retarded?
扮医生
To play doctor.
好,我当医生,你当护士
Okay. Well, l’ll be the doctor and you can be the nurse.
我才不要当什么鬼护士
l’m not gonna be some cunt-licking nurse.
我当我爸,你当你妈
l’ll be my father and you be your mother.
好
Okay.
荻翠,今天感觉怎样?
How are we feeling today, Deirdre?
头昏昏的
l’m blocked, Dr. Finch.
我无法触及潜意识
l can’t tap into my subconscious.
我觉得我会创作出经典
l feel l do have a classic in me.
我还差一座普立兹奖
l feel l am owed a Pulitzer Prize,
即使我只自费出过一本书
even though l’ve only published one book l paid for myself.
在我看来情况很清楚
lt’s very clear to me now.
只有一种疗法能重振你的创作精神
There’s only one treatment available that could resurrect your creative spirit.
电疗,从一千伏特开始
Electroshock therapy. We’ll start with 1 000 volts.
会痛吗?
ls this gonna hurt?
或许你昏过去就不必上学了
Well, maybe if you pass out you won’t have to go to school.
戴上护齿套
Put in the mouth guard.
你们在做什么?
What are you guys doing?
他在压抑记忆,我们必须深入他的潜意识
He’s repressing a memory. We need to go deep into his subconscious mind.
很好,能不能晚点做?爸叫贾斯登到厨房♥
Awesome. But can you do it later? Dad wants to see Augusten in the kitchen.
我们要带你到一个你有感受的地方
We have to get you in a place where you will feel.
感到温暖,感到…
Feel warm and you will feel…
孩子,坐
Take a seat, son.
你妈陷入危机
Augusten, your mother is in a state of crisis.
这么说还算保留
That’s an understatement.
你妈跟你♥爸♥有问题
Your mother is in trouble with your father.
你♥爸♥可能想谋杀你妈
Your father may want to murder your mother.
谋杀?
Murder?
你♥爸♥病得非常严重
Your father is a very, very sick man.
你妈需要保护
Your mother needs to be protected.
该怎么办?
What do we do?
我带你妈到汽车旅馆去,你待在这里
Well, l’m gonna take your mother to a motel and you’re gonna stay here.
可是…
But…
我不想待在这里
l don’t wanna stay here.
荻翠,跟你儿子谈谈
Deirdre, talk to your son.
谈完之后我在车上
When you’re finished, l’ll be in the car.
妈,怎么回事?
Mom, what’s going on?
你♥爸♥对于生活的转变
Your father has a lot of anger
充满了怒气
about how his life turned out.
他把愤怒投射在我身上
He’s projecting it onto me.
范奇医师在精神上十分进化
Dr. Finch is spiritually evolved.
我们跟他在一起很安全
We’ll be safe with him.
我不能一起去汽车旅馆吗?
Can’t l come to the motel too?