可怜的浑蛋,你太过压抑
You poor bastard! You’re so repressed that you…
误把创作热情当成歇斯底里 你看不出来吗?
You mistake creative passion for hysteria! Don’t you see?
你就这样扼杀我
This is how you’re killing me.
没有人想扼杀你
Nobody is trying to kill you, Deirdre.
你自己做得非常完美
You’re doing a perfectly good job of it yourself.
希望你死在地狱里,我真后悔嫁给你
l wish you’d rot in hell. l regret the day l ever married you.
你们两个别吵了好吗?
Will you two stop fighting?
这是我和你♥爸♥之间的事,是他…
This is between me and your father! Your father is the one…
我也住在这里
Well, l live here too, you know!
看看你,瞧你这张脸 整整比实际年龄大两倍
Look at you. Look at your damn face. You got the face of a man twice your age.
45岁却像90岁
Forty-five going on 90!
给我闭嘴
Will you just shut up?
他不动了
He’s not moving!
他只是在玩另一个操控别人的烂游戏
No, he’s just playing another one of his horribly manipulative games.
诺曼,起来
Get up, Norman!
诺曼,起来
Get up, Norman.
闹够了吧
Enough of your pranks.
求你不要杀她
Please don’t kill her.
他不会杀我
He’s not gonna kill me.
他宁可用压♥迫♥人的控制欲,让我喘不过气
He’d rather suffocate me with his horribly oppressive manipulation
然后等我割喉自我了断
and then wait for me to cut my own throat.
贾斯登,上♥床♥睡觉
Go to bed. Go to bed, Augusten.
明天早上还要上学
You’ve got school in the morning.
我不要上学
l don’t want to go to school.
一定要上学
You’ve got to go, Augusten!
你不能一直缺课,否则我会被捕
You can’t keep skipping or l’ll get arrested.
我们为什么不是正常家庭?
Why can’t we just be a normal family?
谢天谢地
Oh, thank God.
你好
Hello there.
请进
Please come in.
我等你等到快发狂了
l’ve just been a frantic wreck waiting for you to get here.
贝罗太太,现在没事了
lt’s okay now, Mrs. Burroughs.
请叫我荻翠就好
Oh, no, please. Call me Deirdre.
诺曼呢?
Where’s Norman, dear?
他醉得昏睡过去了
Oh, he’s passed out drunk.
-喔 -今晚我差点没命
-l see. -l was afraid for my life tonight.
我以为他会杀了我,就在今晚动手
l thought for sure he was gonna kill me, that this would finally be the night.
喝杯无因咖啡吧?
Would you like a Sanka?
我要几片香肠配辣根
l’d like some slices of bologna with a side of horseradish.
孩子,麻烦一下
Do you mind, son?
别担心你♥爸♥妈,牛仔,我们会把事情解决
Don’t you worry about your parents, buckaroo. We’ll get this all sorted out.
祝你好运
Good luck.
我向上天祈祷诺曼不要抓狂
l just pray to God Norman doesn’t snap.
总有一天他会抓狂杀了我们
One of these days he’s gonna snap and kill us all.
够了
Enough!
在儿子面前不能说这种话
That’s not the way to talk around your son.
你得安慰他,不是吓坏他
You need to comfort him, not frighten him.
没错,我知道
That’s right. l know.
对不起,贾斯登,我现在心情很不好
l’m sorry, Augusten. l’m just very upset right now.
坐下,荻翠
Sit down, Deirdre.
晚安,贾斯登
Good night, Augusten.
现在
Now.
如果可以的话,我要问你几个问题
l’m gonna ask you a number of questions if that’s all right with you.
可能是很私人的问题 也许你会觉得无关紧要
They may seem rather personal. ln fact, you may not see the relevance.
但我想那是由身为医生的我来决定
But l believe that’s up to me, as the doctor, to decide.
那么
So,
你的
your
焦虑程度
anxiety level.
你会怎么形容?
How would you describe it?
我就是暴怒
Well, l’m just frantic.
心情非常不好,很焦虑
l’m very, very upset. l’m very anxious.
觉得情绪很紧张
l feel very emotionally charged.
好像快要不行了
And l feel like l’m at the end of my rope.
谈谈你的排便
Tell me about your bowel movements.
有没有注意到在规律性…
Have you noticed any changes either in regularity,
或是形状和软硬上有变化?
or the shape and density of the bowel matter itself?
真的…
ls that really…
我们非得…
l mean… Do we have to…
我指的是便秘,实际上和下意识的便秘
What l’m getting at is constipation. Both literal and subconscious.
你有便秘吗,荻翠?
Are you constipated in your life, Deirdre?
排不出来?
Stuck?
没错
l am.
我便秘
l am stuck.
我知道你常写作,写作时精神好吗?暴怒?
l understand you write a lot. Are you energetic when you write? Frantic?
这个嘛
Well…
我是靠潜意识写作或尽量那样写
When l write l’m writing from my unconscious. Or l’m trying to.
你和老公有性生活吗?
Do you have sex with your husband?
-有 -满意吗?
-Yes. -Do you enjoy it?
先回到焦虑的话题上
Back to your anxiety for a moment.
有自杀的念头吗?
You have thoughts of suicide, Deirdre?
你有自杀的念头吗?
Do you have suicidal thoughts?
你曾经想过自杀吗?
Do you ever think of killing yourself?
你多久会出现自杀的念头?
And how often would you say you have these thoughts of suicide?
和我老公上♥床♥之后
Right after l have sex with my husband.
那是什么?
What are those?
烦宁
Valium.
安定神经的药
To quiet the nerves.
他是合格医生吗?
ls he an MD doctor?
对,我说过一百次了 他在耶鲁大学拿到学位
Yes, and as l’ve told you 1 00 times, he got his MD at Yale.
你从哪听说这家伙?
And you heard about this guy from where?
纽波医师
Dr. Nupal.
贾斯登的过敏医师
Augusten’s allergist.
你要是有点担当,多关心儿子 就会知道他是谁
lf you were more of a man and involved in your son’s life, you’d know who that was.
我闻到粪肥的味道
l smell manure.
我没闻到
l don’t smell anything.
我闻到了,从你耳朵传出来的
l do, l smell manure. lt’s coming out of your ears.
贱女人
Fucking bitch.
我不快乐
l’m unhappy.
我不快乐
诺曼,如果你不快乐,为什么还不离婚?
Norman, if you’re so unhappy, why stay in this marriage?
我不知道
l don’t know why.
我儿子
My son.
我想那不是原因,我想是因为你太舒服了
l don’t think that’s why you stay, Norman. l think you stay because it’s comfortable.
跟你的认知有关
lt’s what you know.
小时候你的母亲太强势
You were trapped in your childhood by a castrating mother,
成年后你在寻找相同的女性原型
and as an adult male you have sought the same female archetype.
真知灼见,也是事实
Well, that’s just brilliant. And very true.
荻翠,抽烟在我的诊所是极大的特权
Deirdre, smoking is a great privilege in my sanctuary.
我容许你拥有这项特权
But for you, l will allow it.
谢谢
Thank you.
你是说我们应该分手?
So you’re saying we should split up?
如果要做出结论
ln order to reach that conclusion, Norman,
我需要定期见你和荻翠
l would need to see both you and Deirdre on a regular and disciplined basis.
一天五小时
For five hours a day.
范奇医师,我没问题
l’m available, Dr. Finch.
一天五小时?不行,我要上班
Five hours a day? l can’t do that. l have to work!
范奇医师,我说吧,我嫁给一个自恋狂
See, Dr. Finch, l told you. l’m married to a narcissist.
诺曼,如果我愿意腾出时间 拯救你的婚姻你却不愿意
Norman, if l’m willing to clear my schedule to save your marriage but you’re not,
那就出去
then get out.
离开这间办公室,回家去
Leave this office, go home,
开始整理你的书和唱片
and start dividing your books and your record albums.
这是狗屁
This is bullshit.
真是他妈的狗屁
This is really fucking bullshit.
你在写什么?
What are you writing?
“诺曼贝罗有杀人倾向 他是个不肯认错的酒鬼”
“Norman Burroughs is homicidal. He is an unapologetic alcoholic.
“他很危险,对自己、老婆和孩子形成威胁”
“He is dangerous, a threat to himself, his wife and his child.”
终于有人看出来了
Finally, somebody sees.
荻翠,大胆地表达出来
Deirdre, express yourself. Let it out.
跟贾斯登和我说你为什么哭
Tell Augusten and l why you are crying.
因为…
‘Cause l…
我的确爱过诺曼,很久以前