l needed to get away.
我爸对你很不满
My father’s very upset with you.
他觉得你在帮你妈说话,而他需要你的支持
He feels like you’re taking your mother’s side in this and he needs your support
因为他希望她长♥期♥住院
because he wants to have her committed for good to a hospital.
我觉得她不必住院
l don’t think she needs to be committed.
(他在哪里?)
-你在哪里?我们去接你 -好
-Look, where are you? We’ll come get you. -Okay.
有笔吗?
Do you have a pen?
有
Yeah.
说你在哪里
Okay, tell me where you are.
我告诉你明天中午我在哪里
l’ll tell you where l’ll be tomorrow at noon.
公车站
The bus station.
我要去纽约
l’m going to New York.
你跟我一起去
You’re coming with me.
我们要离开他们
We gotta get away from them, Nat.
离开你家人、我妈
Your family, my mother.
只有这样我们才能过正常生活
lt’s the only way that we can have a normal life.
怎么回事?
What’s going on?
我们到纽约要做什么?
What are we gonna do in New York, Augusten?
我们只会管束精神病患
Our only skills are restraining psychotics.
我写作
l’ll write.
我找个工作,让你去上学
And l’ll get a job so you can go to school.
我负责赚钱
l’ll support us.
我会怕,贾斯登
l’m afraid, Augusten.
我也会
Me, too.
但我们办得到
But we can do this.
非做不可
We have to.
有个女人单独进来这里吗?
Did a woman come in here by herself?
要点餐吗?
Can l take your order?
我要辣肉酱
Yes, l’d like a TaB
一片香甜莱姆派
and a slice of key lime pie.
我不用,谢谢
Oh, nothing for me, thanks.
你不饿吗?你好瘦
Aren’t you hungry? You look skinny.
真的该吃点东西
You really should eat something.
妈,少跟我来母爱那一套
Don’t pull that maternal crap with me now, Mom.
已经来不及了
lt’s too late for that.
不,还来得及
No, it’s not too late.
我们找间房♥子一起写作
We can find a house together where we both can write.
我们重新开始
We can start over.
是我要重新开始
l am starting over.
在纽约
ln New York.
是吗?你要怎么做到?
Really? Well, how are you gonna make that work, Augusten?
你没有接受正常教育
You’ve no formal education,
没钱、没家具、没朋友
no money, no furniture, no friends.
对,可能更惨
Yeah, well, could be worse.
可能像去参加毕业舞会
Could be going to a prom.
那你来做什么?
Why did you come here then?
跟你道别
To say goodbye to you.
保暖衣物带够了吗?
Did you pack enough warm clothes?
够
Yeah.
我不会有事的
l’m gonna be okay.
娜塔丽不去了
Natalie’s not coming.
我跟她说我来跟你谈
l told her l’d deal with you.
休想阻止我,爱妮
Don’t try to stop me, Agnes.
我要去
l’m going.
我会想你的
l’m gonna miss you.
我也会想你
l’ll miss you, too.
你是世界上最棒的儿子
You’re the best son a mom could ever want.
你要知道这一点
You need to know that.
我的天啊
Oh, my God.
爱妮,这里有好多钱
Agnes, there’s a lot of money in here.
都是些零钱
Penny here, a dime there.
凑合着用
lt adds up.
当然,医生不知道我有没有人知道
The doctor doesn’t know l have it, of course. No one does.
早上国税局又来了
You know, this morning the lRS came again
我差点给了他们
and l almost gave it to them.
后来我想,不行
And then l thought, no.
我这辈子至少要明智地投资一次
For once in my life l’m going to invest wisely.
出书的时候寄一本给我
When you write a book, you send me a copy.
再见,乖孩子
Goodbye, my sweet boy.
爱妮
Agnes?
现在你要怎么办?
What are you gonna do now?
不知道
l don’t know.
也许砍倒圣诞树
Maybe l’ll take down the Christmas tree.
美国医学协会判决…
范奇医师保险诈欺有罪之后
他被吊销了医师执照
他在2000年因心脏病去世
爱妮离开那间房♥子
在疗养院找到一份工作
娜塔丽从大学毕业
取得心理学学位
小荷继续为父亲工作到他过世
她始终未婚
诺曼贝罗再度与儿子联络
再婚生活幸福愉快
2005年因肝硬化过世
荻翠一人独居
新UPS并继续写诗
发表在一些小型期刊上
她没有和贾斯登同住
尼尔布曼后来不曾有消息
贾斯登贝罗搬到纽约市
而且出了一本书