All I wanted was that we would be together.
我只想让我们在一起
We should have left Danny with my mother.
我应该把丹尼扔给我妈妈的
We never should have had Harry. Stop it.
我们都不该有哈利 闭嘴
I can’t, Arthur.Look what we’re doing to these kids.
我不能这样 阿瑟 看看我们对孩子都做了些什么
They’ve been running their whole lives like criminals.
他们一辈子都像罪犯一样在逃亡
And they didn’t do anything!
他们什么都没做
It isn’t fair.
这不公平
I know it isn’t goddamned fair.
我知道这他妈的不公平
They’ve taken some bumps, but it’s not going to help anything to beat yourself up.
他们经过了一些冲击 但是你这样逼自己于事无补
Look at them, for God’s sake.
看看他们 看在上帝的份上
Look at those kids. They’re magnificent.
看看这些孩子 他们多么优秀
They’re beautiful.
他们很美
And bright. Caring.
很聪明很体贴
How badly could we have done?
我们能做得多坏呢
We should turn ourselves in.
我们应该自首
So we can sit in prison for the next 15 years
然后接下来15年都呆在监狱里
and look at the kids through bars?
从铁窗里看我们的孩子们
You can only get through this one day, one hour at a time.
每次还只能看一个小时
That’s what I’m doing.
我就准备这么做
And Danny’s all grown up.
丹尼已经长大了
We have to let him go.
我们该放他走了
This tooth is killing me.
这颗牙疼死我了
I think I lost a filling. Better go see Jonah.
我觉得补的东西掉了 该去看看乔纳
I’ll take a bus.
我会坐公交车
I always worry when you go into the city. Why?
你去市内的时候我总是担心 为什么
Because that’s where they get everyone.
因为在那他们谁都能看见
It’s been quiet.
很安静
Sometimes it gets too quiet.
有时候太安静了
Remember what you used to say when the kids were small?
你还记得孩子小时候你常说的话么
“Don’t worry unless you don’t hear anything. ”
“别着急 除非你什么都听不见了 ”
Be careful, all right?
小心点 好不好
I don’t see anything. And there’s nothing on the x-ray.
我什么都没看见 X光片里也什么都没有
I’m not complaining.
我没在抱怨
You need anything else?
还需要什么吗
No, thanks. We’re okay. I’m working for a GP.
不 谢谢 我们很好 我在为一个全科医生工作
How about cash?
现金可以吗
Okay.
可以
If you’d give me some notice, I could arrange to have more.
如果你提前告诉我 我可以安排更多的
No. This is great. Thanks.
不 很好了 谢谢
You always make me feel so guilty. Why?
你总是让我觉得这么愧疚 为什么
You’re living it.
这就是你的生活方式
Yeah, I guess I am.
是啊 我猜我是
Jonah, I need youabcto make a phone call for me.
乔纳 我需要你帮我打个电♥话♥
Of course.
当然可以
Madame?
夫人
Hi, Dad.
嗨 爸爸
I asked Jonah to set this up.
我让乔纳做的这个
You can call the cops if you want to.
如果你想 可以叫警♥察♥
I’m sorry.
对不起
This is hard for me, too.
这对我也很难
Will madame have a drink? No, thank you.
夫人要点什么饮料 不 谢谢
I wonder if you’ll ever know what it’s like
我想知道14年不见你的孩子
not to see your child for 14 years.
是什么感觉
Not knowing whether she’s living or dead.
连他是死是活都不知道
Not knowing whether that child
不知道这孩子是不是
is responsible for the death and mutilation of other human beings.
要对别人的死亡或者伤残负责
Whether to hold yourself responsible
要不要让你自己
for that death and mutilation
为那死亡或伤残负责任
because it is your child who is pulling the triggers, setting the bombs.
因为扣动扳机 引爆♥炸♥弹的是你的孩子
I didn’t kill anybody.
我没杀任何人
I didn’t come here to defend myself or to talk politics.
我不是来为自己辩护或是谈政♥治♥的
If you don’t believe by now that what I did was an act of conscience to stop the war
如果你不相信我当时那么做是出于良心要结束战争
then there’s nothing I can say to you that’s going to make you understand.
那我说什么你都不会明白
A man was blinded and paralyzed.
一个人失明 还残疾了
He wasn’t supposed to be there.
他本不该在那的
Don’t you think there have been times
你不觉得 有些时候
that I would have blinded and paralyzed myself to take that back?
我宁愿让自己失明 让自己残疾 来挽回这一切么
It’s all Arthur’s influence.
那都是阿瑟的影响
No, Dad, it isn’t.
不 爸爸 不是
It was my idea.
是我的主意
I’m living with the consequences of my own choice.
我活在我自己的选择带来的后果中
I don’t believe it. Well, that’s your problem.
我不信 那是你的问题
Your mother and me
你妈妈和我
Do you think about us?
你为我们考虑过么
Do you really have to ask that? Yes.
你非得这么问么 对
The last thing I remember you saying to me
上一次我记得你对我说
was that I was an imperialist pig
我是个帝♥国♥主♥义♥的蠢猪
personally responsible for the war, the spread of poverty, racism.
一个人为了战争 贫穷和种族主义承担责任
I was young. Yes.
我还年轻 是
You were young.
你还年轻
And talented.
有才华
And beautiful.
美丽
And so full of love.
那么充满了爱
My God, Annie.Why did you throw it all away?
上帝啊 安妮 你为什么把它们都抛弃了
Your mother misses you terribly. And Danny.
你妈妈很想你 还有丹尼
Will you take him, Dad?
你会收留他么 爸爸
He wants to study music.
他想学音乐
He’s good.
他很好
They want him at Juilliard.
他们想让他去朱利亚德
Just like they wanted you.
就像他们当时想让你一样
Do you still have that practice board?
你还有那个用来练习的板
So far. Danny learned to play piano on it.
一直到现在 丹尼就是在那上面学会弹琴
So you taught him?
你教他的
There’s some irony in this, don’t you think?
不觉得这有点讽刺么
Here you are
你现在在这
asking me to take Danny
求我把丹尼带到
into a life that you ran from like a shot out of hell.
你曾经唯恐避之不及的人生里
Is this what he wants?
他真的想要么
I think so.
我觉得是
He got himself an audition without telling me.
他没告诉我就自己去了面试
He’ll need money, and people to care for him.
他会需要钱和照顾他的人
Don’t you think this is too much to ask?
你不觉得你要的太多了么
I hardly know the boy.
我几乎不认识这男孩
If we take him
如果我们收留了他
there’d be FBl agents following us everywhere we go.
那我们去哪都会有联邦调查局的人跟着
You’d never be able to see him.
你就再也见不到他
We’re too old for this.
我们太老了 不能这么做了
Yeah, I think it’s too much to ask.
嗯 我觉得我要的太多了
I have another son.
我还有一个儿子
He’s 10. Harry.
他十岁 叫哈利
I heard about it on the news.
我在新闻上听说了
I plan to turn myself in
我打算
when he doesn’t need me anymore.When he’s old enough.
在他再也不需要我的时候就去自首 在他足够大的时候
And Arthur?
阿瑟呢
I can’t speak for him.
我不能为他说话
Please think about this.
请你考虑考虑
I should go.
我该走了
Annie.
安妮
He can come to us.
他可以来我们家
Please, tell Mom that I love her.
请您告诉妈妈 我爱她
And I’ve thought about you both so often.
我经常想你俩
I’ve called out to you.
我把你叫出来
I’m sorry that I’ve caused you so much pain.
对不起我给你们带来这么多痛苦
I guess I’m about to see what it feels like.
我猜我要知道这是什么感觉了
I love you, Dad.
我爱你 爸爸
I saw my father.
我去见了我父亲
You what?
你什么
I saw Donald.
我见了唐纳德
You just walked into his office and sat down at his desk?
你就那么走进他办公室坐在他桌边
No.
没有

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!