I like that one.
我喜欢她
She’s full of beans.
她很活泼
You really like her, don’t you?
你真心喜欢她 不是么
The smart ones are always the best.
聪明的人总是最好的
Are you sleeping with her?
你和她睡了么
Yeah. Okay.
嗯 好
Go ahead, hit the sack.You got school tomorrow.
快去 睡觉去 明天还要上学
How long have you been playing violin
你在停止专业钢琴之后
after you stopped playing seriously piano?
演奏了多久小提琴
About five years.
大概五年
When did you come to the States?
什么时候来美国的
In 1980.
1980年
All right. Thank you very much.
好的 非常感谢
Mr. Manfield. We’re ready for you now.
曼菲尔德先生 我们准备好面试你了
Who did you say you studied with?
你说你和谁学的
Edward Phillips.
爱德华·菲利普斯
Where was this? Waterford.
在哪 沃特福德
New Jersey? That’s right.
新泽西 对
We seem not to have all your school records.
我们好像没有你的学校档案
There was a school fire at my old school, and the records were lost.
我以前的学校有 但是丢了
We only moved to New Jersey this year.
今年我们刚搬到新泽西
So you’ve only studied with Mr. Phillipsfor a short time.
所以你和菲利普斯先生只学了很短时间
Yes, ma’am.
是的 太太
Who else have you worked with?
你还和谁学过
A lot of different people.No one important.
很多不同的 但没有一个这么重要
We move a lot.
我们经常搬家
You’ll have to supply us with SAT scores and
你必须给我们你的SAT成绩 还有
we’ll have to have those records.
我们必须要那些档案
Mr. Manfield.
曼菲尔德先生
Oh, sorry.
哦 对不起
You are very talented, you know.
你很有才华 你知道
Thank you, ma’am.
谢谢 太太
A cheese pizza for Mrs. Patterson.
给帕特森太太的芝士比萨
I don’t think Mrs. Patterson ordered a pizza.
帕特森太太没订比萨
Is this Murray Hill 68434?
这是莫里山68434号♥么?
Yes. Someone ordered it.
是 那有人定了比萨
You ordered one.
你订了一个
I didn’t.
我没有
Will you have to pay for it?
那你得付钱么
No, I’ll have to eat it.
不 我得吃
I really don’t care. Hold on.Could you knock next time?
我真的不在乎 等等 你下次不能敲门么
I’m sorry. Listen, I have to go. Yeah. Bye.
对不起 听着 我得走了 嗯 拜拜
I was wondering if Michael had ever mentioned anything to you
我在想麦克有没有和你提到
about his old school.
他以前的学校
Not much. Why?
不多 怎么问这个
They never sent his records.
都没把他的档案寄来
So?
然后呢
I called the school.They have no record of him.
我打电♥话♥给学校 说没有他的档案
They probably got eaten by a computer or something.
有可能是电脑删掉了 或者什么的
They don’t have a computer in Blue Hill, Kentucky.
在肯塔基州的蓝山 没有电脑的
What are you on his case for?
你研究他做什么
We know nothing about him. So, he’s an axe murderer.
我们对他一无所知 嗯 他以前是个杀人犯
I mean, come on! I thought he was the best music student you ever had.
我说 拜托 我以为他是你教过的音乐最好的学生
He is, but that doesn’t explain his missing records.
他是 但这解释不了他档案丢失的问题
If you want to know who he is, why don’t you talk to him?
如果你想知道他究竟是谁 为什么不直接找他谈
He’s a person!
他是个人
He’s not a computer printout!
他不是电脑里的数据
Would you please close the door?
能不能把门关上
Mrs. Manfield? Yes.
曼菲尔德太太 是
Thank you for coming. How do you do?
谢谢你能来 您好
Would you like some coffee? No, thanks.
要不要来点咖啡 不 谢谢
I want to talk to you about Michael.
我想和您聊聊麦克
I didn’t want to meet at school because he doesn’t know we’re talking.
我不想在学校见 这样他就不知道我们谈过
But he’s been upset lately, and nervous.
但是他最近很失落也很紧张
I thought maybe there was something at home.
我以为可能是家里出了点事
No.
没有
I know these things are private. I just thought maybe I could help, if I knew.
我知道这是私人事情 我只是觉得如果我知道的话 我能帮得上忙
But there isn’t anything. Really.
但是真的什么事都没有
Maybe he’s worried about Juilliard.
也许他担心朱利亚德
Juilliard?
朱利亚德
You know about his plans?
您知道他的计划
Yeah, sure. And you don’t object?
是啊 当然 您不反对
No.
不反对
They were very impressed with his audition.
他们对他的面试印象深刻
They’re prepared to take him, just as soon as they get his records.
他们打算一拿到他的档案就录取他
He’ll have to go then, won’t he?
那时候他就得去了 是不是
Is there a financial problem?
是不是经济困难
We’re not the Rockefellers.
我们可不像洛克菲勒家族那么有钱
He could be worried about that.
他可能会担心钱的问题
We always manage.
我们还过得下去
There are scholarships. He could get one.
有奖学金的 他可以拿
He’s very talented.
他很有才华
We may not have a lot, but we care about our kids.
我们也许不富裕 但我们关心孩子
I’m sure you do.
我当然知道您关心
I was just wondering has he ever had a serious teacher?
我只是想知道他有过专业的老师么
How has he gotten this far?
他是怎样达到这个水平的
I don’t know.
我不知道
He’s picked up a little here and there.We move around a lot. Why?
他在这学一点 那学一点 我们经常搬家 为什么问这个
I called Blue Hill and they have no record of Michael Manfield.
我给蓝山打了电♥话♥ 没有麦克·曼菲尔德的档案
That’s because he wasn’t registered there under Manfield.
那是因为他在那注册的时候没有用曼菲尔德这个名字
See, I was married before and Paul adopted him.
你看 我以前结过婚 保罗收养了他
But it took until just this year to adopt his name legally.
但是直到今年才能合法地跟他的姓
He’s under my old husband’s name at Blue Hill.
在蓝山 他跟的是我前夫的姓
He can’t finish his application without those records.
没有这些档案 他不能完成申请
I’ll get them.
我会拿到的
You’ll have to, because they won’t release them to anyone but a parent-
你必须得拿 因为他们只把档案给家长
I said, I’ll get them. All right?
我说了 我会拿到的 行了么
Now, if you’ll excuse me. Yeah, sure.
现在 我得走了 好的 当然
What’s wrong, Mom?
怎么了 妈妈
Nothing.
没什么
I just love you.
我爱你
I’ve got to pick up your father.
我要去接你♥爸♥爸
Do you like it? I traded the van in for it.Thought it’d be more practical.
喜欢么 我把货车卖♥♥了 买♥♥了这个 我觉得这样更实际一点
Besides, it keeps them guessing.
而且 这让他们一直猜测
What’s up, Sam?
怎么了 山姆
Don’t call me that.
别那么叫我
Okay.
好吧
Danny’s applied to college.
丹尼去申请大学了
Where?
在哪
Juilliard.
朱利亚德
How do you know?
你怎么知道的
Phillips. He wants him to go.
菲利普斯 他想让他去
Why doesn’t he keep his goddamn nose out of our business?
他为什么不离咱们家的事远点
Because he thinks he’s talented.
因为他觉得他很有才华
Has Danny told you about any of this?
丹尼告诉你这些了么
No.
没有
What are we going to do?
我们要怎么做
Shit.
妈的
Goddamn fucking shit!
去他妈的
Why can’t he go?
他为什么不能去上大学
Because we’ll never see him again if he does.
因为如果他去了 我们就再也见不到他了
Why? We could arrange to meet him.
为什么不能 我们可以安排和他见面
Is that what you want?
你想这样
Ten minutes at an airport lounge, and the FBl all over his ass the rest of the time?
在机场休息室见十分钟 然后联邦调查局一辈子跟在他屁♥股♥后面
You want him standing in phone booths and Laundromats like my parents
你想让他像我父母一样站在电♥话♥亭 洗衣房♥
only connecting with us through the network? I don’t think so.
只能通过通信网络和我们联♥系♥ 我不想这样
If he goes we’re never going to see him again
如果他去了 我们就再也见不到他了
and that is unacceptable to me.
我不能接受
I never even let myself think about this.
我连想都不会想
I was so stupid.
我真傻