and you just do that.
就这么做
That’s neat. Let me try.
很干净 我试试
No, no. I’m a vegetarian. I don’t want pieces of tiny little fingers in my stew.
不 不 我是个素食者 我可不想你把你的小手指头切到菜里去
Here. You stir.
这 你来搅拌
Were you expecting someone?
你在等谁吗
Hi.

I’m Lorna.
我是罗娜
Michael invited me.
麦克邀请了我
Well, come in.
好吧 进来吧
Your friend’s here.
你朋友在这
Hi.

Hi. Can I help?
嗨 我可以帮忙么
No. No, it’s okay. Thank you.
不用 不用 没关系 谢谢
You cut your finger.
你切到手指了
Yeah.
是啊
Is this your girlfriend?
这是你女朋友
Hi, I’m Stephen.
嗨 我是史蒂芬
That was delicious, babe.You outdid yourself.
真好吃 宝贝 完全超出你的水平
This pilgrim food for my very own WASP.
为我自己的安格鲁-撒克逊教♥徒♥准备的朝圣食物
But you must forgive me, my darling.
但是你得原谅我 亲爱的
I couldn’t get myself to make one of those Jell-O molds.
我没法做出这种果冻模具
You’re forgiven this time.
这次就原谅你了
And now, for the pie de ristance.
现在 (法语)
Let me, Dad. You’re under arrest.
我来 爸爸 你被逮捕了
Look at this.You got it all over your bellybutton.
看看 你弄得肚脐那到处都是
Look at that.
看看
Oh, God. I’m old enough to set the house on fire.
哦天哪 我老得都能把这房♥子弄着火
I’m sorry, I thought your mother’s name was Cynthia.
抱歉 我以为你妈妈叫辛西娅
On birthdays, we’re all Sam.
过生日的时候我们都叫山姆
It’s a little family tradition
这是我们家小小的传统
resulting from a particularly good LSD trip I took in 1968.
是因为我1968年那次超棒的用迷幻剂的经历
More wine?
再来点酒
Would you give me a break? In Europe, kids drink wine.
你能让我歇会么 在欧洲 小孩子就能喝酒
Get your mother her present before I call Alcoholics Anonymous.
在我给”匿名酗酒者(美国一家帮助戒酒的机构)”打电♥话♥(指喝醉)之前 把给你妈妈的礼物拿来
Thanks.
谢谢
It’s just what I wanted.
这就是我想要的
Really? Absolutely.
真的 千真万确
What is that, a butterfly?
那是什么 蝴蝶
No, it’s a whale of a present.
不是 是个鲸鱼 当做礼物了
Thanks. I’ll play it for you sometime.
谢谢 我会弹奏它的
This is from Lorna.
这是罗娜的礼物
That’s beautiful.
真美
Thank you, Lorna.
谢谢你 罗娜
Mine, you get later.
我的礼物 等会给你
You bet.
你保证
On your feet!
没问题
Let me help.
我来帮忙
I like her.
我喜欢她
Yeah?

I like her, too. I know.
我也喜欢她 我知道
You sure this is the Phillips’ kid?
你确定这是菲利普斯家的孩子
They didn’t switch you at the hospital or anything, did they?
你在医院没被掉包吧 嗯
You know, I can’t believe how incredible they are.
你知道 我不敢想象他们有多不可理喻
Do you know what my mother would do if I gave her a shell for her birthday?
你知道如果我给我妈妈一个贝壳当做生日礼物 她会怎么做
They’re okay.
没关系吧
That’s you all over afraid to commit yourself.
那就是你 害怕承认自己
I thought it was just me.
我以为这就是我
I’m very happy with you.
和你在一起我很开心
I’m very happy with you, too.
我也是
It’s okay, I want to.
没关系 我想这样
You weren’t in cooking. You noticed.
你没去上厨艺课 你注意到了
Where were you? I cut.
你去哪了 我翘课了
Why? I didn’t want to see you.
为什么 我不想见你
Manfield, could I talk to you for a minute?
曼菲尔德 我能和你说几句话么
You don’t have to look so anxious.If you’ve done something wrong
你没必要这么紧张 就算你做了错事
I don’t know about it. I just want to talk to you about your college plans.
我也不知道 我只是想知道你对大学的计划
I was thinking of taking a year off, maybe traveling to Europe, listening to music.
我想休息一年 也许去欧洲旅行 听听音乐
I can’t tell you what to do, but I think you ought to make an application, anyway.
我不能要求你做什么 但是我觉得你应该申请大学
You can always postpone entry.
你可以推迟入学的
I’d like you to consider applying to Juilliard.
我想让你考虑考虑申请朱利亚德(纽约一所艺术学院)
Early admission.
提前录取
I looked at your academic records.You should have no trouble getting in.
我看了你成绩的档案 被录取应该没问题
Where’s the rest of it, by the way?
不过 剩下的呢
There’s nothing in your file from your old school.
你的档案里没有原先的学校的
It was lost when we moved.
我们搬家的时候弄丢了
When it comes through, I’d like to see it.
找回来的时候 我想看看
In the meantime, you look at that.
同时 你看看这个
I’d be happy to write you a letter of recommendation.
我会乐意给你写推荐信的
Thank you.
谢谢
Get back to me when you’ve looked at it.
看完之后还给我
You wouldn’t talk to me.
你不和我说话
Now, get up.
现在 起床
Go down the stairs and out the back door.
下楼 从后门出去
Be quiet.
悄悄的
I’ll be right behind you.
我就在你后面
I’m barefoot.
我光着脚呢
Sit down.
坐下
What am I doing?
我在干嘛
I just wanted to talk to you.
我就是想和你说话
You wouldn’t listen, the other day at school.
你那天在学校不听我讲
I couldn’t stay with you that night. Not because I didn’t want to.
我那天晚上没和你在一起 不是因为我不想
If you want to go back, it’s fine with me.
如果你想回去 对我来说没什么
You’re a bully. No.
你是个笨蛋 不
I’m a liar.
我说了谎
My name isn’t Michael.
我真名不是麦克
It’s Danny.
是丹尼
My parents are Arthur and Annie Pope.
我父母是阿瑟和安妮·波普
They’re in trouble with the FBl for blowing up a napalm lab in 1971.
1971年他们因为让汽油弹实验室爆♥炸♥ 和联邦调查局惹上了麻烦
There was a man who was almost killed.
有一个人差点就死了
A janitor abcwho wasn’t supposed to be there.
那是个看门人 当时不该在那的
We put “Sam” on the birthday cakes, on all the birthday cakes
我们在所有生日蛋糕上都写”山姆”
because we change our names every time we move.
是因为每到一个地方 我们就换新名字
I’ve been doing this since I was two.
从我两岁起 就一直这样了
I don’t know any other way.
我不知道别的办法
I just wanted to tell you that I was sorry.
我只是想告诉你我很抱歉
I wanted to explain why I can’t talk about a lot of things.
我想解释我为什么说不了太多事
Like college. I can’t go to college.I can’t leave them.
比如大学 我不能去上大学 我不能离开他们
And I wanted to tell you
我还想告诉你
why I couldn’t be with you.
我为什么不能和你在一起
Not without your knowing.I didn’t want to lie to you.
不能让你不知道 我不想对你说谎
Now, I have no right in telling this to you.
现在我没权利和你说这些的
It’s dangerous for you and it’s dangerous for them.
对你 对他们 都很危险
I’m sorry. I just couldn’t stop myself.
对不起 我只是控制不住自己
You can do what you want to. You can tell your dad anything. I don’t care.
你想做什么都可以做 你可以告诉你♥爸♥爸 我不介意
I just needed you to know.
我只是想要你知道
I don’t know what I’m doing.
我不知道我在做什么
And I love you.
我爱你
I love you.
我爱你
What do I call you?
那我要叫你什么
Michael. Nothing changes.
麦克 什么都不用变
They really don’t want you to go to school, huh?
他们真的不想让你上大学么
We haven’t talked about it.
我们还没有谈
I can’t ask them. Why not?
我不能问他们 为什么不
It would mean breaking up the family not seeing them again.
那就意味着拆散整个家庭 我再也见不到他们
They don’t have anything else.
他们除了我们 什么都没有
I can’t believe that they’d want you to give up your whole life to stay with them.
我不能相信他们会要求你耗费自己的生命去陪着他们
Talk to them. They’ll understand.
和他们谈 他们会理解的
You have a lot of secrets, don’t you?
你有很多秘密 不是么
Now you have another one.
现在你又多了一个
Been to see Lorna?
去和罗娜约会了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!