mounted on the roof of the embassy? – Uh, yes.
摄影机是用来监察
Are they designed to observe and record…
并记录外面的活动 是不是
activities in the public spaces outside the embassy?
是 – 录影带呢
Yes. – Where are the tapes?
据我所知 使♥馆♥曾经遭受搜掠
Uh, it’s my understanding the embassy was looted.
或者摄影机已经损毁
Maybe the cameras were destroyed.
这帧照片是证物D 请法庭留意
This is a photograph. It is exhibit “D” for the court.
照片上是使♥馆♥屋顶的摄影机
It’s a picture of a camera on the embassy roof.
摄影机看来有没有损毁
Does it appear to be damaged?
没有
No.
录影带呢 – 不知道
Where are the tapes? – I don’t know.
丘上校为国服务三十年
Don’t you think the United States owes it…
政♥府♥有没有道义
to Colonel Childers for 30 years of service…
交出录影带来
to find that tape and produce it here?
反对 不知有没有带
Objection. We don’t know anything about any tapes.
纯粹揣测 – 反对有效
This is pure speculation. – Sustained.
证物零是运货清单
This is a shipping manifest. It’s exhibit “O”.
列明撤离使♥馆♥时
It is a list of items removed from the embassy during the evacuation…
运回国♥务♥院♥的所有物件
and shipped to the State Department.
麻烦你读出第六行
Will you read line six, please?
保安摄影机录影带
Videotape from security camera, VHS, one.
你没空看录影带 抑或懒得看
You too busy to look at those tapes or you just didn’t care?
反对 他在问难国♥家♥安♥全♥顾问
Objection. He’s badgering the national security advisor.
反对有效 辩方律师请小心提问
Sustained. Counsel, please proceed carefully.
录影带呢 – 反对 已经答过
Where are those tapes? – Objection! Asked and answered.
对 影带可为被告洗脱控罪
Oh. Yes, right. Right. Don’t you think it’s funny…
却失踪 好不好笑
that a tape that could exonerate my client is missing?
我一点都不觉得好笑
I don’t think it’s funny at all.
苏先生 隐瞒证据是严重罪行啊
Withholding evidence is a very serious crime.
反对 – 有效 请重组问题
Objection. – Sustained. Counsel, rephrase.
隐瞒证物以陷害美国♥军♥人
Withholding evidence to frame a United States Marine…
与诬告谋杀同样恶毒
is no less evil than charging my client with murder.
影带呢
Where are those tapes?
上校 我手上证物已全交给
Colonel, I turned over all materials in my possession…
毕斯
to Major Biggs.
假如拍摄到的是和平示♥威♥
If those tapes showed a happy crowd of peaceful demonstrators,
我们早就看到录影带 对不对
we’d be looking at ’em.
反对 鄙视证人
Objection, Your Honor. This is contempt.
上校 本庭最后警告你
Colonel, this is your last warning.
保安系统是簇新的
It was a new security system.
摄影机朝向人群
The cameras were pointed down at the crowd.
录影带送了去国♥务♥院♥
Tapes were recorded, and those tapes were sent to the State Department.
为什么没有呈堂
Why are those tapes not here?
反对 我没有见过影带
Objection, Your Honor. I’ve seen no such tapes.
问完
No further questions.
你有没有示♥威♥者开枪影带
There are no tapes showing the crowd firing weapons?
据我所知 没有
None that I’m aware of.
政♥府♥交出了所有证物
And the government has turned over all of its evidence?
当然
Of course.
贺上校要你读报告
Colonel Hodges has gone to some length…
为了证明也门经常出现暴♥力♥ 对吗
to have you read security reports illustrating violence in Yemen.
对 – 这份是今日的华♥盛♥顿♥邮♥报♥
Yes, he has. – Here is today’s Washington Post.
划了底线的本地新闻
Will you read these headlines that I’ve underlined…
请读出来
from today’s Metro section?
为救肉参 警方击毙绑匪
Agent, kidnapper killed in rescue of businessman’s son.
炸♥弹♥惊魂 博物馆疏散
Bomb threat evacuates Museum of Natural History.
警员追捕司机 连开三十八枪
Officer chases truckdriver, fires 38 times.
夫先杀妻 后当街自杀
Husband shoots wife, himselfin street.
不幸的新闻俯拾即是
Mr. Sokal, does this random, unfortunate news mean we should…
是否代表上校可带兵到处蛮干
allow Colonel Childers and his troops loose in Washington, D.C.?
不用回答 谢谢你 苏先生
Don’t answer that. Thankyou, Mr. Sokal.
扛枪
Present arms!
挺枪
Order arms!
深呼吸 你快走了 镇定点
Take deep breaths, sir! You’re almost out of here. Stay calm.
希望你懂得折叠国旗
I hope you know how to fold it, sir.
谢谢你 上校 我永远不会忘记
Thank you, Colonel. I’ll never forget this.
贾思域中枪
Krasevitch is hit!
救护员
Corpsman!
救护员
Corpsman! Shit!
岂有此理
Goddamn it!
朝敌人开火
Engage hostile targets as they appear!
杀掉那班贱♥人♥
Waste the motherfuckers!
停火 停火
Cease fire! Cease fire!
停火
Cease fire!
挺枪
Order arms!
我的部队纪律严明
I was proud of my marines.
我引以为荣
They showed remarkable discipline.
为什么不射狙击手
Why didn’t you fire at the snipers in the buildings…
而射人群
instead of at the crowd below?
因为人群对我们构成更大危险
Because I believed we were in greater danger from the crowd.
人群向你们开枪 – 是
Was that crowd firing at you? – Yes.
除了狙击手 前面示♥威♥者
The demonstrators in front of the building were firing at you…
也向你们开枪 – 是
in addition to the snipers? – Yes.
为什么没有人看见示♥威♥者开枪
Why didn’t anybody else see that crowd firing?
我的部属在楼顶伏低
My men were under cover on the roof,
贾思域负责放哨 他看见
except for Krasevitch who was on an observation post.
他为什么今日不出庭作证
And why isn’t he here testifying on your behalf today?
因为阵亡 死在我怀里
Because he was killed in action. He died in my arms.
那么看到人群的 只剩下你
So you were the only man left in a position to observe that crowd?

Yes.
上校 你在哪里作过战
Where else have you been in combat, Colonel?
越南 贝鲁特
Vietnam, Beirut,
巴拿马 波斯湾
Panama, Persian Gulf.
你制♥服♥上蓝白色的是什么勋带 – 海军十字勋带
Can you identify that blue and white ribbon on your uniform? – It’s the Navy Cross.
嘉奖你什么 记不记得
Do you remember the citation that accompanied that medal?
虽身处险境 然勇气过人
For conspicuous gallantry in the face of great personal danger,
为个人
reflecting great credit upon himself,
美国海军陆战队 为海军 带来骄人荣誉
“the United States Marine Corps and the Naval Service”.
到你发问
Your witness.
上校
Colonel,
你射死了超过八十人
you gunned down more than 80 people.
射伤了大约一百人
You wounded another hundred or so.
会不会是为了报复
Could this have been motivated by a desire for retaliation?
我为了保护部属
I was protecting my men.
贾思域队长在离你不远处中枪
Sergeant Richard Krasevitch was shot only a few feet away from you.
是吗 – 对
Is that correct? – Yes.
贾队长一死
And right after Sergeant Krasevitch died,
你下令向人群开枪
you ordered open fire on the crowd?
是不是 – 我这是反击
Is that also correct? – I was taking fire.
有示♥威♥者向我们射击
There were weapons in that crowd.
你不会杀戮手无寸铁的人
Well, you wouldn’t shoot unarmed people, would you?
不会
No, I would not.
即使在战场上 你不会杀戮手无寸铁的人
Even in the heat of battle, you wouldn’t shoot an unarmed person?
不会
No.
证物F这份文件
This is exhibit “F”.
请你为陪审员读出来
Will you please read the following to the panel?
市区交战守则
Rules of engagement governing ground conflict in urban areas.
一 尽可能警告敌方
One. If possible, the enemy will be warned first,
要求敌方投降
then asked to surrender.
上校 你有没有警告敌方
Colonel, did you warn the enemy?
我们抵达后 在屋顶布署
We arrived in helicopters. We were standing on that roof armed.
有没有发出警告 向天开枪 或用播音筒
Did you warn them, either with shots into the air or by a loudspeaker?
有否叫他们投降
Did you ask them to surrender?
没有
No.
你没有警告示♥威♥人群
I’m sorry, no, you did not warn the crowd?
我没有警告示♥威♥人群
Yes. No, I did not warn the crowd.
背下去 你似乎滚瓜烂熟
Continue, Colonel. You seem to know them by heart.
别无他法 才使用武力
Deadly force is the last resort.
继续 – 三
Go on. – Three.
我方攻击前 尽可能
When possible, try to arrange for the evacuation of civilians…
疏散平民

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!