No. They picked up everything that was left. No weapons.
嘿
Hey!
别 听着 等等
No, look. Now, wait. Wait a minute.
不要动粗
Wait a minute, fellas.
嘿
Hey. Hey!
你叫什么
Hi. What’s your name?
懂英语吗
Do you speak English?
你好漂亮啊
You’re a very pretty girl.
卡蒂
Katchi!
是你的名字吗 卡蒂
Is that your name? “Katchi”?
有何贵干 – 是的
May I help you? – Yeah.
请问她出了什么事
I was wondering what happened to her?
断了腿 你是什么人
She lost her leg. Who are you?
我是美国海军陆战队律师
I’m a lawyer with the United States Marine Corps. What happened?
海军陆战队律师 – 是的
A marine lawyer? – Yeah.
请跟我来
Follow me, please.
全市到处有这类医院
There are hospitals like this all over the city.
这里大部份人都会死
Most of the people here will die.
要不要喝什么
Sir? Do you want something to drink?
再来一瓶
Give me another one!
开门
Open the goddamn door!
什么事
What’s wrong with you?
另聘律师吧 衰人 你骗我
Get yourself a new lawyer, you son of a bitch. You lied to me.
我连一个证人
I could not find one goddamn witness.
一丝证据都找不到
I couldn’t find one goddamn shred of evidence!
完全没有有利证据
Not for our side anyway!
很明显你向他们开枪
You clearly opened up on those people. What were they?
你射杀阿♥拉♥伯包头佬
Rag heads, camel jockeys or fucking gooks?
你说完了没有 – 是的
You through? – Yeah.
起来
Get up.
快起来
Come on. Get up. Come on.
你去也门找证据
Look at you. You went all the way to Yemen.
结果只找到自己是酒鬼的证据
All you proved is you’re still a drunk.
你比不上父亲 所以郁郁不得志
You know what your problem is? You never measured up to your old man.
但我爱莫能助
But I can’t help you with that.
不要再动手 拳脚无情
Stop this shit before somebody gets hurt.
在西麓我的部下死清死光
I lost every one of my men at Ca Lu.
我大难不死 觉得怎样
And I’ll tell you the first thing I felt.
觉得快乐
Joy.
庆幸 庆幸活命
Elation. Gladto be alive.
庆幸死的不是自己 因为觉得庆幸 我痛恨自己
I was glad it wasn’t me, and I fucking hate myself for that.
错不在你
That wasn’t your fault.
你我今次大镬
We’re in deep shit, bud.
全无胜算
It’s fourth and 40, Hodge.
除非有奇迹
I need a Hail Mary.
怎么办
How?
叫他进来
Send him in.
我只想跟你有个默契
I just want to make sure we’re on the same page here.
不做记录 – 当然
Off the record. – Of course, Bill.
你没见到示♥威♥者开枪 对不对
Now, you didn’t see any weapons in that crowd, did you?
嗯
Well…
有人开枪 但是
There was some shooting, but I…
我不肯定枪手在哪里
couldn’t be sure exactly where it was coming from.
我们出庭作供
Now, see, that’s gonna be a problem,
一定要明确 不能支支吾吾
because we can’t get on the stand and waffle about the charges.
支支吾吾
Waffle, Bill?
丘达士总得负责 对不对
In your mind, Childers was responsible, wasn’t he?
当时我并不在场 已经撤走
I wasn’t exactly there. I had already evacuated.
他救了我一家三口的性命
You have to remember he saved my life and my family.
这都发生在
This all happened after…
难道这就要
Does that mean the United States…
美国替他顶罪
is gonna have to take the fall for what he did?
我不明白
I don’t understand.
调查员在人堆里找不到武器
The investigating team didn’t find any weapons in the crowd.
那是因为他第二日才到达
That’s because they weren’t there until the following day.
也门政♥府♥已经清理完现场
The Yemeni government cleaned up the scene,
可惜我们不能证明什么
but unfortunately that’s not something we can prove.
我也不能够 开枪前我已经离开
Nor can I testify about it. It all happened afterward.
但你可以在庭上说明
Yeah, but you can testify about Childers’ frame of mind,
丘达士当时的心态 行为
his behavior while you were there.
他对我有救命之恩
He saved my life.
那录影带必定可以澄清一切
Surely this will all come down to what the tape shows.
录影带并不足够
The tape’s inconclusive.
当然 贺捷索取录影带
Hodges subpoenaed it, of course, but, uh…
但录影带坏了
it was a faulty recording.
我明白 – 真的明白
I see. – Do you?
总得有人承担责任 丘达士不承担
If Childers isn’t held totally responsible,
美国就要承担
then the United States will be.
这一来
And just guess…
你不妨猜猜
where the finger…
最终谁会成为罪人
is eventually gonna point.
我 – 还有谁
Me? – Where else?
你有责任防范于未然
You should’ve known this was gonna erupt.
否则 就是失职
And if you didn’t, you were asleep at the wheel.
无论怎样 你难辞其咎
Either way, your conduct was inexcusable.
国会一旦举♥行♥听证会
Now, do you want to face a congressional inquiry over this,
你的前途就岌岌可危
put your career at risk?
你要想清想楚
Think about it.
谢谢你
Thank you, Bill.
起立
All rise.
坐
Be seated.
各位仔细看看这帧照片
Look closely at this picture.
为什么一队训练有素的军人
Why did a well-trained fighting unit…
屠♥杀♥手无寸铁的老百姓
have to slaughter unarmed men, women and children…
而他们接到的命令是
when their orders were simply to protect…
保护以至撤走使♥馆♥的人
and if necessary, evacuate the embassy?
答案是 他们没有屠♥杀♥
The answer is, they didn’t.
他们奉命屠♥杀♥ 只因有人下令
They were ordered to open fire, and that order came from one man…
他就是丘达士上校
Colonel Terry Childers,
今日他出庭受审
who stands trial here today,
我们身为美国人
a day of sadness,
今日以沉重的心情
a day when America has to accept responsibility…
去检讨我们的错失
for its failures and its mistakes as well as its glories.
我们会从被告的心态 行为 证实被告
We will show you that the accused, through his mind-set and actions,
漠视交战守则
ignored the rules of engagement…
严重越权
and went far beyond the scope of his authority…
蓄意屠♥杀♥
to intentionally order the murder…
八十三名无辜平民
of 83 innocent people.
我是最后出庭的人 因为我迟到
I was the last one to enter the courtroom this morning. I was late.
我迟到 因为我上了洗手间
I was late because I was in the head.
我上洗手间 因为我呕吐
And I was in the head because… I was throwing up.
我呕吐是因我没把握
And I was throwing up because I don’t know if I’m…
处理本案
able to handle this job.
我相信丘达士上校无罪
I believe that Colonel Childers is innocent of these charges.
我只是不知怎样替他辩护
I just don’t know if I have what it takes to make his case for him.
作为律师 我远远及不上
I’m simply not on the same page as Major Briggs, uh…
这位毕斯少校
Major Biggs here, as a lawyer.
众所周知
We all know that.
那么我为什么承办本案
So why did I take this job?
我承办 因为丘达士告诉我
I took this case because Terry Childers told me…
假如换了我 我也会做他所做的事
I would have done the same thing he did if I’d been in his shoes.
我认识丘达士 他言行一致
I took the case because I know Terry Childers. His word is his bond.
他当时职责所在 别无选择
He told me he did what he had to do.
我们应该替他主持公道
Now, I hope I don’t let him down.
我们派丘达士去执行艰巨任务
We sent Terry Childers out on a very tough mission.
任务出了岔子
And when it went bad,
他极力营救部属
and he did everything he could to save the lives of his marines,
极力营救使♥馆♥的人
save the lives of the embassy people,
现在反过来 要承担一切过失
you turn around now and want to blame the whole mess on him,
要他坐监 可能要他终老牢狱
send him to prison possibly for the rest of his life.
在情在理