We need a couple of canteens up here.
整装待发 – 你可以走
Party incoming! – You can go.
你可以走 走
You can go, goddamn it! Go on! Dee dee!
趁我未改变主意 走
Get the fuck out of here before I change my mind!
你今日命不该绝
Looks like you’re going back to the world, baby.
医生 – 左边20米开外
Doc! – Twenty meters out. Left!
就在那边 – 还有没有人活著
Right there. – Anybody else?
我抓到你了
I got you now!
嘿 老友 – 妈
Hey, buddy! – Hi, Mom.
他气色真好
He looks fabulous.
结婚周年快乐 – 谢谢 真高兴见到你
Happy anniversary, Mom. – Oh, thank you. So good to see you.
正在担心你赶不及来呢
I wasn’t sure you’d make it.
精神好啊 – 谢谢
You look wonderful. – Thank you.
退休生活习惯吗 – 闷得发慌
How’s it feel to be retired? – Um, crazy.
你真结实
Good. Oh, you look great.
谢谢 – 来 见见爸爸
Thank you. – Well, come see Dad…
他在那边 – 一家都在
There he is. … – and all the family.
爸爸
Hello, sir.
很高兴你来到 – 是的
Glad you could make it. – Yes, sir.
幸会 – 日子过得怎样
Good to see you, Hayes. – How are you doing?
嘿 小鬼 记得我吗
Hey, kid. Hey, you. Remember me?
那个长得像你的老头 – 似曾相识
The old guy who looks like you. – Do I know you?
是的 – 声音好熟
Yeah. – Your voice sounds really familiar.
给你提示吧 我娶过你妈妈一阵
Here’s a clue. I was married to your mom for about five minutes.
你肯定 因为我不大 – 是的
Really? You sure? ‘Cause I don’t… – Yeah.
他有罪吗 – 谁
Well, is he guilty? – Sir?
你的朋友丘达士上校
Your friend Colonel Childers.
有什么罪 – 别装傻了
Guilty of what, sir? – Come on, Hayes.
你是他的战友 一定知道 他真的是见人就咬的疯狗
You served with him. Is he the rabid dog we’ve all been hearing about?
我不应该发表意见
I don’t think I should comment, sir.
一家人嘛 爸 何必那样拘谨
Come on, Dad. This is family. You can lighten up a little.
我们海军学院这样说
You know what we said at the naval academy.
一旦出错 凡在场的人
Even if you thought you weren’t responsible,
都责无旁贷
it went wrong and you were there.
你几时开始不发表意见
Since when have you not had a comment?
自从丘达士请我替他辩护
Since Childers asked me to defend him.
不
No. Oh, Hayes.
什么 – 你说什么
What? – Excuse me.
你说笑吧 – 没有
Are you kidding me? – No.
为什么替他辩护
Why would you do that? Huh!
因为他叫到 因为他有恩于我 – 太好了
Because he asked me, and I owe him. – That’s great.
他是军方的害群之马啊
That represents everything that’s wrong with the military.
我们贺家唯一未当过兵的人
Wisdom from the one person in this family…
一语道破
who has not elected to serve his country.
作战中 军人有时会失常
Childers must have snapped. It happens in combat.
我见得多 你必定也见过
I’ve seen it. I’m sure you have too.
谢谢各位提点
Thank you for reminding me…
美国司法假设被告无罪
why we have the presumption of innocence in America.
怎可以用假设做挡箭牌
What are you, Abraham Lincoln? You can’t hide behind that.
他屠♥杀♥妇孺啊
The guy murdered innocent women and children.
你怎知道 看电视 – 我读报
You hear that on television? – And newspapers.
铺天盖地 – 今天是爸妈结婚周年
It’s all over the place. – It’s Mom and Dad’s anniversary.
不要接办这宗官司
Don’t take this case, son.
他令海军陆战队蒙羞
This man has trashed the reputation of the Corps.
破坏人♥民♥对我们的信赖
He’s put us back 20 years.
你应该珍惜羽毛
Is this how you want to be remembered?
我拒绝不得 他是我救命恩人
I don’t see how I can turn him down. He saved my life.
我明白
Well, I understand that as well as anyone.
你只会白白牺牲 却报答不到他
But you don’t repay him by falling senselessly on a grenade.
我认为 他应该找个
The way I see it, this man should find himself…
最能干的律师 – 比我更能干的
the best laywer in the country. – Somebody better than me?
爸 他一生从军
The guy’s a real marine, Dad.
假如军方对他不顾道义
I mean, if they can do this to him…
对其他人也可以不顾道义
just hang him out to dry… they can do it to anybody.
无论他是不是我的朋友
Forget that he’s my friend. They can do it to anybody.
即是说 汗马功劳有屁用
That means your medals and your citations…
有需要 谁也可以成为祭品
won’t mean jack shit when they come afte ryou.
他至少有两名部下
At least two of his own guys are gonna testify…
不赞成开火
that he didn’t have to open fire, sir.
谁也没见过人群中有枪手
Nobody reports seeing any weapons among the demonstrators.
心理评估报告对他极度不利 – 使♥馆♥有没有拍摄到当时情形
His psych eval was a disaster. – What about embassy footage?
相机 胶卷 录影带 家庭录像之类
Cameras, film, videotape, home movies, shit like that?
没有 能找的都找了 使♥馆♥弹痕累累
No, I’ve subpoenaed everything. The embassy got hit pretty good.
证物大多受到破坏
Most of it was destroyed.
丘达士 陈立做我的助手
Terry, you know Tom Chandler. He’s gonna help us prepare your case.
丘上校 很高兴再见到你
Colonel Childers, good to see you again, sir. Um, all right.
我们取得调查员 国♥务♥院♥
First, we’ve subpoenaed all the Article 32 investigator’s notes,
关于本案的纪录
the State Department’s notes on Yemen.
控方的心理医生检查过你
Major Biggs has already had your head checked by their doctor.
我们的心理医生也会检查你
I’ve got you an appointment with ours.
不用 – 为什么
No. – What?
我不愿意再回答是非题
No more multiple choice questions about self-esteem.
不用了 他接受过作战能力测试
We got the combat fitness reports. He can forget the psych eval here.
不做心理检查是错的
That’s a mistake, Colonel.
听著 我十八岁就从军
Listen, when I turned 18 I joined the Marine Corps.
自愿做步兵
I asked to be in the infantry.
自愿打越战 – 泰瑞
I asked to go to Vietnam. – Terry.
我最大心愿就是当指挥官
I live for the privilege of commanding troops.
当指挥官是我的无上光荣
I think it’s the greatest honor an American can have.
你只在军事学院玩打仗
You know how many birthdays and Christmases I missed,
而我在森林 沙漠渡过了
spent rotting in jungles or in the desert,
不知多少生日 多少圣诞
just so you could play war at ROTC?
丘达士 我劝你作好思想准备
Childers! You gotta keep your shit together here, man.
军事法庭成员
Your court-martial board is gonna be made up of people…
都没有实战经验
who might’ve spent one day in Grenada, maybe two days in Kuwait.
都只在战场外掠门而过
They’re gonna be beach boys who’ve never been anywhere near combat.
都是陈立那类人
They’re gonna be people like Tom Chandler…
到时候审问你
sitting right here in front of you.
你要向那种人辩护
That’s who you’re making your case to.
我们找不到你的证人
We don’t have anybody to back up your case.
那是因为我的证人统统死光
That’s because all my witnesses are dead.
丘达士为什么下令开枪 – 因为发了狂 乱了性
Okay. So what happened? – He lost it. He snapped.
我们可以在庭上刺♥激♥他再发狂
That’s good. We can snap him on the stand.
他必定有前科
This doesn’t happen in a vacuum.
我们要发掘丘达士的历史
Let’s get a complete history of Colonel Childers.
访问他以前的同袍
Talk to every marine he ever served with.
这种事以前可能发生过
My guess is this has happened before.
非慎重处理不可
We have to be careful here.
他战绩彪炳
This guy is the warrior’s warrior.
因为作战临危不乱 获颁一枚海军十字 两枚银星
A Navy Cross, two Silver Stars for composure in battle.
无妻无儿 一生戎马
He has no wife, no kids, just the Corps.
是优秀军人 所以才派他去
He was our best. That’s why he was sent.
他受审不是因为尽忠报国
He’s not on trial for the good service he gave the country,
而是因为使♥馆♥墙外的事
but for what he did on the wallin Yemen, period.
大家心照不宣的是
Major, nobody wants to say it,
这次审讯是个样板
but it occurs to me we’re trying to set an example here.
目的是向世人展示我们大公无私
So let’s set it and show the world we mean business.
第一项控罪可以是死罪 我建议给他死刑
The first charge supports the death penalty, and I say we go for it.
不要死刑
No more death.
我不要把一个一生为国的人处死
I’ll see that he never gets another command and I’ll put him in jail,
革职 坐监就够
but I will not seek death for a man who served his country honorably.
死刑以后不准再提
I don’t want it brought up again.
要证实丘达士
We gotta show Childers’ state of mind.
当时蓄意杀戮
We gotta prove he went out with intent to kill,
并不容易
and that is not going to be easy.
凶手与英雄的区别
Whether a man is charged with murder or hailed as a hero…
有时只是一线之差
is sometimes a very thin line.
我们要证实案情是这样
Our case is this. Childers receives orders that a regularly scheduled,
使♥馆♥外的示♥威♥ 本来是和平的 后来失了控
I awful protest outside our embassy in Yemen is unruly.
丘达士奉命前往保护或撤走职员
He is to secure or evacuate the premises.
他到达前 暴♥力♥未出现