Have you looked at these? I mean, I’m just assuming you have,
因为全球报纸都头版刊载
since they’re on the front page of every newspaper in the world.
即使没有人指责我们
It’s not that the rest of the world wants to hold us responsible,
我们也要负责
we are responsible!
绝不可以被人怀疑卸责
We can’t even have the appearance of a cover-up.
苏先生 命令是我们下的
That does not excuse us from our duty, Mr. Sokal.
丘上校执行任务 结果一塌糊涂
We sent Colonel Childers in there, and the mission went to shit.
我们不可以弃车保帅
We can’t go after the man who carried out his orders…
要执行命令的人负责
and ignore the people who issued those orders.
丘达士下令
Childers ordered the slaughter…
屠♥杀♥无辜妇孺 这一点要搞清楚
of innocent women and children. Get that straight right now.
要搞清楚的是
I’ll tell you what we ought to get straight.
我们死掉三名士兵
We lost three United States Marines.
他们死掉八十三个人
They lost 83!
难道我们因此跟也门开战
Now, are we gonna go to war with Yemen over it?
将军 我们在中东成为过街老鼠
We’re covering our ass all over the Middle East right now, General.
只因为一个人出位
Because of your man’s hot headed miscalculation,
我们随时要关闭在沙地 约旦 埃及的使♥馆♥
we are in danger of losing embassies in Saudi, Jordan and Egypt.
我们随时丧失
We’re in danger of losing our presence…
在中东温和派国家的影响力
with every moderate in the region.
万一愈闹愈大
Now they’re gonna scream “cover up”.
我们要再派海军陆战队去
The screaming will get so loud we’ll be sending Marines back over there,
到时 美军伤亡 一定远远超过三个
and the body count of American dead is gonna be higher than three.
我明白你的用意 苏先生
I see where you’re going with this, Mr. Sokal.
今日你还用不用得著我
Will you be needing me anymore today?
不用了
No.
不用了 将军 谢谢
No, that’s fine, General. Thankyou.
再见 苏先生
Good day to you, sir.
你想把录影带拿走
Where do you think you’re going with that?
你既然不想看 – 谁也不准看
You don’t want to look at it. – Nobody’s lookin’ at it.
一个人的行为
Why should the United States be held responsible…
为什么要全国负责
for the actions of one man?
假如人群有枪呢
What if the crowd had weapons?
假如影带证实人群先开枪呢
What if this shows they did fire first?
丘达士那饭捅怎不向天开枪
He could have fired over their heads, this moron!
难道不知道自己在中东
Didn’t he know where he was? The Middle East!
为什么不仅仅对付狙击手
He could have isolated on the snipers.
本来可以避免冲突
He could have avoided confrontation.
办法多得很
He could have done 50 fuckin’ things!
他偏要火上加油 累死部属
Instead, he destroyed a fragile trust, put his own men in danger…
他死他贱 录影带算了
Fuck this guy! Forget this tape.
我不想看 也不想交出去
I don’t want to watch it. I don’t want to testify about it.
甚至不想给任何人知道
I don’t want it to exist.
早晨 上校
Good morning, sir.
早晨 上校
Good morning, sir.
是 长官
Aye, aye, sir.
等待时机
As soon as it’s time.
将军 丘达士上校报到
General, Colonel Childers reporting as ordered, sir.
你出去一下 – 遵命
Give us a minute, Skip. – Yes, sir.
上校 我有责任通知你 你遭受检控
Colonel, it’s my duty to inform you that you’ve been charged with…
你知道程序是怎样
You know the drill.
这是军法第32条的调查
This is the Article 32 investigation.
你要上军事法庭
You’re facing a general court-martial…
你被控起码三条罪
and charged with violation of at least three articles…
破坏和平 行为失当
everything from “breach of peace” to “conduct unbecoming”.
但最严重是触犯第118条八三次 谋杀
But the bottom line… 83 counts, violation of Article 118, murder.
你非法下令部属
You issued an illegal order to have your marines…
向一群无辜平民开枪
fire into a group of innocent civilians.
谋杀
Murder, sir?
我负责召开军事法庭 公事公办
I’m the convening authority, so I’ve gotta get this B.S. out of the way.
这里签名 这里简签
Sign here, initial here.
你不会逃走 所以审讯前你不用遭受扣留
You’re not a flight risk, so there won’t be any pretrial confinement.
总司令直接下令
This court-martial convenes in eight days…
八日后开庭
by direct order of the national command authority.
你想聘用名牌大状抑或
Do you want me to call Bob Bennett or one of those guys,
军方律师
or do you want to go with base legal?
丘达士 你我相识二十年
Terry, goddamn it, we’ve been friends for20years.
告诉我吧 究竟是什么回事
You want to tell me exactly what the hell happened out there?
我死了士兵 示♥威♥者群情汹涌 他们向我们开枪
I lost marines. The crowd was hostile. They fired on us.
他们先开枪
They fired first, sir.
我尽了人事
I want you to know I did everything in the world…
避免开庭
to keep this from happening.
现在我已经作不得主
It’s just out of my hands now.
非常多谢
Thanks a lot.
你几时钓到过鱼
When’s the last time you actually caught something here?
两年前
Two years.
我好需要你帮忙 – 即管说
I really need your help. – I’ll help. Anything you need.
我愿意上庭 证实你的人格
You want me to take the stand? I’ll be a character witness.
我不要你作证
No, you don’t understand what I’m asking.
我要你替我辩护
I want you to be my lawyer.
你需要个比我能干的律师
I’m a good enough lawyer to know you need a better lawyer than me.
我实力不够
‘Sides that, I’m short.
不堪一击
Two-nine plus one wake-up, and I’m gone.
你需要位名牌大状
You need one of those Washington cats.
我不要未打过仗的优皮大状
I don’t want some Starbucks drinker who’s never seen combat.
我要挂过彩的军人 – 我确实挂过彩
I need somebody who’s been shot at. – Yeah, I’ve been shot at.
一个挂过彩的海军陆战队队员
That’s what I am… a shot-up marine.
除了挂过彩外 我一无是处
As a matter of fact, that’s all the hell I am.
我只是个平庸的律师
No, wait a minute. I’m also a weak lawyer.
碌碌无能的律师
I’m a very weak lawyer…
而政♥府♥会倾尽全力 煮死你
and the government is gonna come at you with everything they’ve got.
少校 我是苏高 幸会 进来
Major, Bill Sokal. It’s a pleasure to meet you. Come on in.
我来介绍
Let me introduce you.
各位 这位毕斯少校
Gentlemen, this is Major Mark Biggs.
担任丘达士案的主控官
He’ll be prosecuting the Childers court-martial.
军方保荐他去史丹福大学修法律
The marines put the major through Stanford Law,
因此他要为军方服务几年才执业
and he owes them a couple of years before he takes over the world.
少校 这位是鲁理将军
You know General Lowry.
我来介绍 联席参谋长
I’d like you to meet the general of the Joint Chiefs of Staff,
韦斯将军 国防部长华逸先生
General West, and the secretary of Defense, Mr. Wyatt.
请坐 不用客气
Have a seat. Make yourself comfortable.
国♥家♥安♥全♥顾问苏高先生说 军事法庭
What I gather from our esteemed NSC advisor and secretary of state…
两星期后开审
is that we’ve got a trial in two weeks.
很快啊 – 我相信大家都同意
Seems awfully damned fast. – Everyone in this room will agree…
为了国家著想 最好快刀斩乱麻
it’s in the national interest that this trial be moved along quickly.
军法第开二条的调查已经完成
The Article 32 investigation was complete and comprehensive.
似乎可以下定论
It all seems to point in one direction.
他聘了律师没有
Has he got a lawyer yet?
他自己选了一位军方律师
He’s requested a military attorney, Colonel Hayes Hodges.
海军陆战队二师的贺捷上校
Second Marine Division, Lejeune.
贺将军的亲属
Any relation to General H. Lawrence Hodges?
是儿子
His son.
贺将军大名顶顶
Larry Hodges was one of this country’s most distinguished officers.
贺上校有什么来历
What do we know about Colonel Hayes Hodges?
他打过越战 负伤回国
He’s a guy who got blown apart in Vietnam,
修读法律 变得愤世嫉俗
then went to Georgetown Law and became a cynic.
说得对不对 少校
Is that about right, Major?
他在法律学院考第六十七名
He was 67th in his class at Georgetown, sir.
甚少打官司 更少打赢
He doesn’t take too many cases, doesn’t win too many.
与太太决裂离婚 酒瘾大
He apparently went through an ugly divorce, had a drinking problem,
两个星期后就退休 – 那么 丘达士插翼难飞了
retiring in two weeks. – Can we guarantee we get this guy?
苏先生 我有句话想说
Sir, if I may say something?
我接办这宗案件
I am not a hired gun.
不是为名利
I accepted this assignment…
而是因为认同政♥府♥的立场
’cause I believe in the merits ofthe government’s case.
我不会不择手段
I am not gonna stack the deck against this guy.
只会采用真凭实据
I will try this case on good evidence only.
我很欣赏你的态度
I’m glad to hear it.
停火
Hold your fire.
把武器放旁边
Set that weapon down over here.
我们需要水壶

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!