对你来说小菜一碟
you’d pick it up like that.
-我告诉过他了 -他不喜欢别人叫他天才
– I’ve been telling him that. – He doesn’t like that word.
你希望谁来演查理
Who’d you wanna play Charlie?
-那是个难题 对吧 -是啊
I mean, that’s the question, right? – Yeah.
你应该找个时间来跟我谈谈
You should come and talk to me about it sometime.
现在 亚当和曼迪来和我们
Now, Adam and Mandi come
分享他们拍纪录片的经历了
in with experience from documentary films.
对啊
Yeah.
他们接触的一切都很逼真
Everything they touch is authentic.
他们把它拍得很真实
They make it real.
基于事实
Grounded in reality and
我们对待故事也是这种态度
we treat narrative the exact same way.
你看过他们拍的那个婴儿纪录片了吗
You saw the baby documentary they did.
看过
Yes.
好啦 天才
Okay. Genius.
看得我都想要个孩子了
Made me wanna have a kid.
你都不知道有多少个人这样说过了
You have no idea how many people told us the same thing.
-好吧 确实如此 -能等我一下吗
– Well, it’s true. – Can you hold this just for a second?
-不好意思 我马上回来 -没问题
– No, sorry, I’ll be right back. – Yeah, absolutely.
-非常高兴能和你聊天 -我也是
– Great to talk to you. – Okay.
-一会儿再和你聊 -好的
– Talk to you in a bit. – Okay.
-一会儿见 -好的
– See you later. Yeah, great. – Okay.
借过 不好意思
Excuse me. Sorry.
-卡尔 -莱拉
– Cal. – Lila.
我还以为你在纽约呢
I thought you were in New York.
当然不是了 兰登在帮我出版小说呢
Uh, no, Landgon’s helping me publish my novel.
你的小说写完了
You finished your novel.
是啊 很惊讶吧
I know, it’s a big surprise, the,
半吊子居然还写完了一本书 对吧
uh… The dilettante finished something, right?
我可没那样说
I never said that.
-你呢 还在写作吗 -当然了
– What about you? Are you writing? – Sure.
太好了
Good. Great.
我听说你有女朋友了
I hear you’re seeing someone?
是啊 她也来了
Yeah. She’s here.
借过
Excuse me.
-她是作家吗 -不是
– Is she a writer? – No.
不是 是个画家
No, a painter.
那真是太棒了 这样不会对你构成威胁
That’s great. It’s very, um, unthreatening.
你觉得你对我构成威胁了吗
You think I was threatened by you?
没有 卡尔 怎么会呢 你是天才
No, Cal, why would you be? You’re a genius.
喜欢我的游泳池吗
You like my pool?
-我认识你吗 -应该不认识
– Do I know you? – I don’t think so.
你为什么来我的派对
What are you doing at my party?
你说呢
You tell me.
你和别人一起来的吗
You come with someone?
和卡尔文·维尔-菲尔兹
Calvin Weir-Fields.
那个神童
Ah, the boy wonder.
所以你是那种专门和名作家约会的姑娘咯
So are you one of those girls who only dates famous writers?
为什么这么说 你是名作家吗
Why? Are you a famous writer?
你就没有名字吗
Do you happen to have a name?
-茹比 -茹比
– Ruby. – Ruby.
你是做什么工作的 茹比
And what do you do, Ruby?
无业游民
Nothing.
真新鲜 那你业余时间都干什么
How refreshing. What do you do in your spare time?
什么也不干
Not much.
你知道吗 我刚才正在想
You know, I was thinking, I was just thinking
今晚最适合游泳了
tonight would be perfect for a swim.
我没带泳衣
I don’t have a suit.
那还是个问题吗
Is that a problem?
别介意 我也不知道为什么
Never mind. I don’t know
我觉得你会为我高兴
why I thought maybe you’d be happy for me.
你怎么就偏偏觉得我不支持你
How was I anything but supportive?
我读遍了所有草稿 让你加入我的圈子
I read every draft. I took you into my group.
-把你介绍给兰登 -非常不情愿地
– I introduced you to Langdon. – Begrudgingly.
-什么 我真的没听见 -你很不情愿
– What? I literally can’t hear you. – Begrudgingly.
你对我一点也不好奇 从来不好奇
You weren’t curious about me. You never were.
你对我持有偏见
You just had this image of who I was.
我所做的一切试图打破你的偏见的事
And anything that I did that contradicted it,
你都视而不见
you just ignored.
什么偏见 我一过气就立刻离开我吗
What image? Where you left me as soon as I wasn’t successful?
你以为我在乎你有没有名气吗
You think I gave a shit if you were famous?
我想要的 只是你能关心关心我
All that I wanted was for you, I don’t know, to care about me.
关心你 我爸才去世没多久你就离开了
Care about you? You left weeks after my father died.
-你还想跟我谈关心吗 -天啊
– Do you wanna talk about caring? – Oh, God.
你知道人们都怎么说吗
Do you know what people say?
你真是难以理解
You were impenetrable.
“你怎么会爱上那种人”
“How’d you love that person?”
我尽力了
I tried to help.
你拒绝让我进入你的内心
You refused to let me in.
我只能说 我他妈的也不知道
And I say, “I have no fucking clue!”
你唯一想要的恋爱对象
The only person that you
就是你自己而已
wanted to be in a relationship with was you.
所以我成全你
So I let you do that.
你真是把自己撇的一干二净
You really let yourself off the hook, don’t you?
-再见了 卡尔 -再见
– Goodbye, Cal. – Goodbye.
祝你有个美好的人生
Have a great life.
来吧 这里真是温暖宜人 游过来吧
Come on. It’s nice and warm. Swim to me.
你可以穿着内衣 要是你想的话
You can keep your underwear on if you like.
下来吧
Come on in.
别偷看
No peeking.
好吧 我保证 不偷看
All right, I promise, I won’t peek.
好吧
All right.
真不错
Oh, boy.
写作是靠感官的 它…
Writing is sensual. It’s, uh….
你应该看看我写作时候的样子
You should see me when I write.
就像奥林匹克山神一样
I’m like an Olympian.
-是吗 -挥舞着我的笔
Oh, really? – I wield my pen
-你的笔 -就像挥舞光剑一样
– Your pen? – like a lightsaber.
-这儿是怎么回事 -卡尔文
– What’s going on here? – Calvin.
我们…想游游泳
We, uh… we thought we’d take a dip.
想加入吗
Care to join us?
-刚才是怎么回事 -你在说什么
– What was that? – What was what?
-你知道的 -成熟点
– You know what. – Grow up.
斯科蒂
Scotty.
你弄疼我了
Hey! You’re hurting me.
说说你刚才在干嘛
Explain what you were doing.
你把我扔在那个谁也不认识的派对上
You left me alone at a party where I didn’t know anyone.
-我找个人一起聊天 -穿着内衣聊吗
– I found someone to talk to. – In your underwear.
要是我穿着比基尼的话你还会生气吗
Would you have been mad if I had been in my bikini?
你穿的可不是比基尼
You weren’t wearing your bikini.
你知道这样看起来像什么吗
Do you know what it looked like?
我的代理商在这儿 我的前女友也在这儿
My agent was there. My ex was there.
莱拉在这儿 你怎么不告诉我
Lila was there? Why didn’t you tell me?
我在忙着让你赶紧穿上衣服
I was too busy getting you to put your clothes back on.
-你应该是我的女友 -我是你的女友
– You’re supposed to be my girlfriend. – I am your girlfriend.
那就有个女友的样子
So act like it.
真抱歉 我没有表现出
I’m sorry I wasn’t acting
你理想中的女友的样子
like the platonic ideal of your girlfriend.
天啊 你真是个该死的管事婆
Jesus, you can be such a fucking prude.
就因为我不想你和男人们裸泳
Why, because I don’t want you skinny- dipping with men?
因为你什么都不想让我♥干♥
Because you don’t want me doing anything!
你有一堆规矩 却从来不告诉我是什么
You have all these rules and you don’t tell me what they are
直到我不小心违背了某一条
until, whoops, I’ve broken one.
然后你就开始对我失望了吗
And then you get to be disappointed with me?
好吧 你想知道我的规矩吗
Okay. Uh, do you wanna know my rules?
不许跟其他男人上♥床♥
Don’t fuck other men.
别让他们满脑子想的都是怎么上你
Don’t let them think about fucking you.
现在我又要对别人的想法负责了吗
Now I’m responsible for what people think?
对 就是你的责任
Yes, you are responsible.
当你做出某些行为的时候
When you act a certain way,