我的耳朵能够辨别一根琴弦上的错乱的节奏
And here have I the daintiness of ear to hear time broke
却听不出我的地位和时间
in a disordered string But in the concord of my state
已经整个失去了谐和
and time I had not an ear to hear my true time broke
我曾经消耗时间,现在时间却在消耗着我
I wasted time, and now doth time waste me
这音乐使我发疯,不要再奏下去吧
This music mads me. Let it sound no more
可是祝福那为我奏乐的人!因为这总是好意的表示
Yet blessing on his heart that gives it me, for ’tis a sign of love
在这充满着敌意的世上,好意对于理查是一件珍奇的宝物
And love to Richard is a strange brooch in this all-hating world
祝福,庄严的君王!
Hail, royal prince
谢谢,尊贵的卿士,我们中间最微贱的人,也会高抬他自己的身价
Thanks, noble peer. The cheapest of us is ten groats too dear
你是什么人?
What art thou?
这儿除了给我送食物来、延长我的不幸的生命的那个可恶的家伙以外
And how comest thou hither where no man ever comes but
从来不曾有人来过,你是怎么来的,汉子?
that sad dog that brings me food to make misfortune live?
王爷,从前您还是一个国王的时候,我是你的御厩里的一个卑微的马夫
I was a poor groom of thy stable, king,
这次我因为到约克去,路过这里
when thou wert king, who, travelling towards York with
好容易向他们千求万告
much ado, at length have gotten leave to look upon my
总算见到我的旧日的王爷一面
sometimes royal master’s face
啊!那天波林勃洛克加冕的日子
O, how it yearned my heart when I beheld in London streets,
我在伦敦街道上看见他骑着那匹斑色的巴巴里马
that coronation-day when Bolingbroke rode on roan Barbary
我想起您从前常常骑着它,我替它梳刷的时候,也总是特别用心
That horse that thou so often had bestrid,
现在马儿已经换了主人,看着它我的心就痛了
that horse that I so carefully have dressed
他骑着巴巴里马吗?告诉我,好朋友,它载着波林勃洛克怎么走?
Rode he on Barbary? Tell me, gentle friend, how went he under him?
高视阔步,就像它瞧不起脚下的土地一般
So proudly as if he had disdained the ground
它是因为波林勃洛克在它的背上而这样骄傲的!
So proud that Bolingbroke was on his back?
那畜生曾经从我的尊贵的手里吃过面包
That jade hath eat bread from my royal hand,
它曾经享受过御手抚拍的光荣
that hand hath made him proud with clapping him
它不会颠踬吗?
Would he not stumble?
骄傲必然会遭到倾覆,它不会失足倒地
Would he not fall down, since pride must have a fall and
跌断那霸占着它的身体的骄傲的家伙的头颈吗?
break the neck of that proud man that did usurp his back?
恕我,马儿!你是造下来受制于人
Forgiveness, horse. Why do I rail on thee,
天生供人坐骑的东西,为什么我要把你责骂呢?
since thou, created to be awed by man, wast born to bear?
我并不是一匹马,却像驴子一般背负着重担
I was not made a horse, and yet I bear a burden like an ass
被波林勃洛克鞭策得遍体鳞伤
Spur-galled and tired by jauncing Bolingbroke
汉子,走开,你不能再留在这儿了
Fellow, give place. Here is no longer stay
要是你爱我,现在你可以去了
If thou love me, ’tis time thou wert away
我的舌头所不敢说的话,我的心将要代替它诉说
What my tongue dares not, that my heart shall say
王爷,请用餐吧
My lord, will it please you to fall to?
按照平日的规矩,你应该先尝一口再给我
Taste of it first, as thou wert wont to do
王爷,我不敢
My lord, I dare not.
艾克斯顿的皮厄斯爵士新近从王上那里来,吩咐我不准尝食
There lately came one from the king, commands the contrary
魔鬼把亨利·兰开斯特和你一起抓了去!
The devil take Henry Bolingbroke and thee!
我再也忍♥耐不住了
Patience is stale, and I am weary of it
呀!这一场杀气腾腾的进攻是什么意思?
How now? What means death in this rude assault?
恶人,让你自己手里的武器结果你自己的生命
Villain, thine own hand yields thy death’s instrument.
你也到地狱去吧!
Go thou, and fill another room in hell
啊!!!
Aaahhh!!!
那击倒我的手
That hand shall burn in never-quenching fire that
将要在永远不熄的烈火中焚烧
staggers thus my person
你的凶暴的手已经用国王的血
Thy fierce hand
玷污了国王自己的土地
hath with the king’s blood stained the king’s own land
升上去,升上去,我的灵魂!你的位置是在高高的天上
Mount, mount, my soul, thy seat is up on high,
我的污浊的肉体却在这儿死去,它将要向地下沉埋
whilst my gross flesh sinks downward, here to die
他满身都是勇气,正像他满身都是高贵的血液一样
As full of valour as of royal blood.
我已经溅洒他的血液,毁灭他的勇气
Both have I spilled.
啊!但愿这是一件好事,因为那夸奖我♥干♥得不错的魔鬼
O, would the deed were good For now the devil that told
现在却对我说这件行为已经记载在地狱的黑册之中
me I did well says that this deed is chronicled in hell
好约克叔父,我们最近听到的消息
Kind uncle York, the latest news we hear is that the
是叛徒们已经纵火焚烧
rebels have consumed with fire our town of
我们葛罗斯特郡的西斯特镇
Cicester in Gloucestershire, but whether they be
可是他们有没有被擒被杀,却还没有听到下文
ta’en or slain we hear not
欢迎,贤卿,有什么消息没有?
Welcome, my lords. What is the news?
第一,我要向陛下恭祝万福
First, to thy sacred state wish I all happiness
第二,我要报告我已经把萨立斯伯雷、斯宾塞、勃伦特和肯特
The next news is, I have to London sent the heads of
这些人的首级送到伦敦去了
Salisbury, Spencer, Blunt, and Kent
他们怎样被捕的情形
The manner of their taking may at large appear
这一封书信上写得很详细
discoursed in this paper here
谢谢你的勤劳,善良的潘西
We thank thee, gentle Percy, for thy pains,
我一定要重重奖赏你的大功
and to thy worth will add right worthy gains
陛下,我已经把勃洛卡斯和班纳特·西利爵士的首级
My lord, I have from Oxford sent to London the heads of
从牛津送到伦敦去了
Brocas and Sir Bennet Seely
费兹华特,你的辛劳是不会被我忘却的
Thy pains, my good lord, shall not be forgot.
我知道你这次立功不小
Right noble is thy merit, well I wot
谋逆的主犯威司敏斯特长老因为忧愧交集
The grand conspirator, Abbot of Westminster,
已经得病身亡
hath yielded up his body to the grave
可是这儿还有活着的卡莱尔
But here is Carlisle living, to abide thy kingly doom
等候你的纶音宣判,惩戒他不法的狂妄
and sentence of his pride
卡莱尔,这是我给你的判决
Carlisle, this is your doom
找一处僻静的所在,打扫一间清净庄严的精舍
Choose out some secret place, some reverend room,
在那儿度你的逍遥自在的生涯
more than thou hast, and with it joy thy life
平平安安地活着,无牵无挂地死去
So as thou livest in peace, die free from strife
因为虽然你一向是我的敌人
For though mine enemy thou hast ever been,
我却可以从你身上看到忠义正直的光辉
high sparks of honour in thee have I seen
伟大的君王
Great king!
在这一棺之内,我向您呈献您的埋葬了的恐惧
Within this coffin I present thy buried fear
这儿气息全无地躺着您的最大的敌人
Herein all breathless lies the greatest of thy mighty enemies
波尔多的理查,他已经被我带来了
Richard of Bordeaux, by me hither brought
艾克斯顿,我不能感谢你的好意
I thank thee not
因为你已经用你的毒手干下一件毁坏我的荣誉
For thou hast wrought a deed of slaughter with thy fatal
玷辱我们整个国土的恶事了
hand upon my head and all this famous land
陛下,我是因为听了您亲口所说的话,才去干这件事的
From your own mouth, my lord, did I this deed
需要毒药的人,并不喜爱毒药,我对你也是这样
They love not poison that do poison need, nor do I thee
虽然我希望他死,乐意看到他被杀
Though I did wish him dead, I hate the murderer,
我却痛恨杀死他的凶手
love him murdered
你把一颗负罪的良心拿去作为你的辛劳的报酬吧
The guilt of conscience take thou for thy labour,
可是你不能得到我的嘉许和眷宠
but neither my good word nor princely favour
愿你跟着该隐在暮夜的黑影中徘徊
With Cain go wander through shades of night,
再不要在光天化日之下显露你的容颜
and never show thy head by day nor light
各位贤卿,我郑重声明
Lords, I protest, my soul is full of woe,
凭着鲜血浇溉成我今日的地位
that blood should sprinkle me to make me grow
我还要参诣圣地
I’ll make a voyage to the Holy Land,
洗去我这罪恶的手上的血迹
To wash this blood from off from my guilty hand:

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!