要是这样的话,我们两人就要相对流泪,使彼此的悲哀合而为一了
So two, together weeping, make one woe
去,用叹息计算你的路程,我将用痛苦的呻♥吟♥计算我的路程
Go, count thy ways with sighs, I mine with groans
那么最长的路程将要听到最长的呻♥吟♥
So longest way shall have the longest moans
让一个吻堵住我们两人的嘴,然后默默地分别
One kiss shall stop our mouths, and dumbly part:
凭着这一个吻,我把我的心给了你,也把你的心取了来了
thus give I mine, and thus take I thy heart
把我的心还我
Give me mine own again.
你不应该把你的心交给我保管,因为它将会在我的悲哀之中憔悴而死
‘Twere no good part to take on me to keep and kill thy heart
现在我已经得到我自己的心
So, now I have mine own again, be gone,
去吧,我要竭力用一声惨叫把它杀死
that I may strive to kill it with a groan
我们这样痴心的留恋,简直是在玩弄着痛苦
We make woe wanton with this fond delay.
再会吧,让悲哀代替我们诉说一切不尽的余言
Once more, adieu. The rest let sorrow say
夫君
My lord,
嗯?
Huh?
您刚才正要告诉我我们那两位侄子到伦敦来的情形
you told me you would tell the rest,
可是您讲了一半就哭了起来
when weeping made you break the story off –
没有把这段话说下去
of our two cousins coming into London
我讲到什么地方?
Where did I leave?
您刚说到那些粗暴而无礼的手
At that sad stop, my lord, where rude misgoverned
从窗口里把泥土和秽物丢到理查王的头上
hands from windows’ tops threw dust and rubbish
说到这里,悲哀就使您停住了
on King Richard’s head
我已经说过,那时候那位公爵,伟大的波林勃洛克
Then, as I said, the duke, great Bolingbroke,
骑着一匹勇猛的骏马,它似乎认识它的雄心勃勃的骑士
mounted upon a hot and fiery steed with slow but stately
用缓慢而庄严的步伐徐徐前进,所有的人们都齐声高呼
pace kept on his course, while all tongues cried
“上帝保佑你,波林勃洛克!”
‘God save thee, Bolingbroke!’
你会觉得窗子都在开口说话
You would have thought the very windows spake so many
那么多的青年和老人的贪婪的眼光
greedy looks of young and old through casements
从窗口里向他的脸上投射他们热烈的瞥视
darted their desiring eyes
他呢,一会儿向着这边,一会儿向着那边
Whilst he, from one side to the other turning, bareheaded,
对两旁的人们脱帽点首,他的头垂得比他那骄傲的马的颈项更低,他向他们这样说
lower than his proud steed’s neck bespake them thus:
“谢谢你们,各位同胞”
‘I thank you, countrymen’,
这样一路上打着招呼过去
and thus still doing, thus he passed along
唉,可怜的理查!
Alas, poor Richard!
这时候他骑着马在什么地方呢?
Where rides he the whilst?
正像在一座戏院里,当一个红角下场以后
As in a theatre, the eyes of men,
观众用冷淡的眼光注视着后来的伶人
after a well-graced actor leaves the stage are idly
觉得他的饶舌十分可厌一般
bent on him that enters next, thinking his prattle to be
人们的眼睛也正是这样
tedious Even so, or with much more contempt,
或者用更大的轻蔑向理查怒视
men’s eyes did scowl on Richard.
没有人高呼“上帝保佑他”
No man cried ‘God save him’
只有泥土掷在他的神圣的头上
But dust was thrown upon his sacred head
他是那样柔和而凄惋地把它们轻轻挥去
Which with such gentle sorrow he shook off,
他的眼睛里噙着泪,他的嘴角含着微笑,表示出他的悲哀和忍♥耐
his face still combating with tears and smiles
倘不是上帝为了某种特殊的目
That had not God, for some strong purpose,
使人们的心变得那样冷酷,谁见了他都不能不深深感动
steeled the hearts of men they must perforce have
最野蛮的人也会同情于他
melted and barbarism itself have pitied him
可是这些事情都有上天作主
But heaven hath a hand in these events,
我们必须俯首顺从它的崇高的意旨
to whose high will we bound our calm contents
现在我们是向波林勃洛克宣誓尽忠的臣子了
To Bolingbroke are we sworn subjects now,
他的尊严和荣誉将要永远被我所护拥
whose state and honour I for aye allow
啊! -我的儿子奥墨尔来了
Ah! – Here comes my son Aumerle
他过去是奥墨尔,可是因为他是理查的党羽,已经失去他原来的爵号♥
Aumerle that was But that is lost for being Richard’s
夫人,你现在必须称他为鲁特兰了
friend and, madam, you must call him Rutland now
欢迎,我儿
Welcome, my son.
新的春天来到了
Who are the violets now that strew the green
哪些人是现在当令的鲜花?
lap of the new come spring?
母亲,我不知道,我也懒得关心
Madam, I know not, nor I greatly care not.
上帝知道我羞于和他们为伍
God knows I had as lief be none as one
在这新的春天,你得格外注意你的行动
Well, bear you well in this new spring of time,
免得还没有到开花结实的时候,你就给人剪去了枝叶
lest you be cropped before you come to prime
牛津有什么消息?他们还在那里举♥行♥着各种比武和竞赛吗?
What news from Oxford? Do these jousts and triumphs hold?
照我所知道的,父亲,这些仍旧在照常举♥行♥
For aught I know, my lord, they do
我知道你要到那里去
You will be there, I know
要是上帝允许我,我是准备着去的
If God prevent not, I purpose so
那在你的胸前露出的是一封什么书信?
What seal is that, that hangs without thy bosom?
哦,你的脸色变了吗?让我瞧瞧上面写着些什么话
Yea, lookest thou pale? Let me see the writing
父亲,那没有什么
My lord, ’tis nothing
那么就让人家瞧瞧也不妨
No matter, then, who sees it – I will be satisfied.
我一定要知道它的内容,给我看写着些什么
Let me see the writing –
求大人千万原谅我
I do beseech your grace to pardon me
那不过是一件无关重要的小事
It is a matter of small consequence,
为了种种理由,我不愿让人家瞧见
which for some reasons I would not have seen
为了种种理由,小子,我一定要瞧瞧,我怕,我怕——
Which for some reasons, sir, I mean to see. I fear, I fear–
您怕些什么?那看来不过是因为他想要在比武的日子穿几件华丽的服装
What should you fear? Tis nothing but some bond that
欠下人家一些款项的借据罢了
he is entered into for gay apparel against the triumph
哼,借据!他借了人家的钱,会自己拿着借据吗?
Bound to himself? What doth he with a bond that
妻子,你真傻
he is bound to? Wife, thou art a fool.
孩子,让我瞧瞧上面写着些什么话
Boy, let me see the writing
请您原谅,我不能给您看
I do beseech your Grace, you pardon me. I may not show it
我非看不可,来,给我
I will be satisfied. Let me see it, I say
反了!反了!
Treason, foul treason!
混♥蛋♥!奸贼!奴才!
Villain, traitor, slave!
什么事,我的主?
What’s the matter, my lord?
喂!里边有人吗?
Ho! Who’s within there? Saddle my horse!
替我备马,慈悲的上帝!这是什么叛逆的阴谋!
God for his mercy, what treachery is here
嗳哟,什么事,我的主!
Why, what is it, my lord?
喂,把我的靴子给我,替我备马
Give me my boots, I say, saddle my horse
嘿,凭着我的荣誉、我的生命、我的良心起誓
Now, by my honour, my life, my troth,
我要告发这奸贼去
I will appeach the villain
究竟是怎么一回事呀?
What is the matter?
闭嘴,愚蠢的妇人
Peace, foolish woman
我偏不闭嘴,什么事,奥墨尔?
I will not peace. What is the matter, son?
好妈妈,您安心吧
Good mother, be content.
没有什么事,反正拚着我这一条命就是了
It is no more than my poor life must answer
拚着你那一条命!
Thy life answer?
把我的靴子拿来,我要见国王去
Bring me my boots. I will unto the king
打他,奥墨尔,可怜的孩子,你全然吓呆了
Strike him, Aumerle. Poor boy, thou art amazed
滚出去,狗才!
Hence, villain!
再也不要走近我的面前
Never more come in my sight
喂,把我的靴子给我
Give me my boots, I say!
唉,约克,你要怎样呢?
Why, York, what wilt thou do?
难道你自己的儿子犯了一点过失,你都不肯替他遮盖吗?
Wilt thou not hide the trespass of thine own?
我们还有别的儿子,或者还会生下一男半女吗?
Have we more sons? Or are we like to have?
我现在年纪老了,只有这一个好儿子,你却要生生把我们拆开
害我连一个快乐的母亲的头衔都不能保全吗?
And wilt thou pluck my fair son from mine age?
你这痴心的疯狂的妇人,你想把这黑暗的阴谋隐匿起来吗?
Thou fond mad woman, wilt thou conceal this dark conspiracy?
这儿写着
A dozen of them here have ta’en the sacrament and
他们有十来个同党已经互相结盟
interchangeably set down their hands,
要在牛津刺杀国王
to kill the king at Oxford
他一定不去参加,我们叫他待在家里就是了
He shall be none. We’ll keep him here.
那不是和他不相干了吗?
Then what is that to him?
走开,痴心的妇人!
Away, fond woman!
即使他跟我有二十重的父子关系,我也要告发他
Were he twenty times my son, I would appeach him
要是你也像我一样曾经为他呻♥吟♥床席
Hadst thou groaned for him as I have done thou
你就会仁慈一些的
wouldst be more pitiful
可是现在我明白你的意思了
But now I know thy mind: thou dost suspect that I have
你一定疑心我曾经对你不贞
been disloyal to thy bed
以为他是一个私生的野种,不是你的儿子
and that he is a bastard, not thy son
让开,放肆的妇人!
Make way, unruly woman!
追上去,奥墨尔!骑上他的马,加鞭疾驰
After, Aumerle! Mount thee upon his horse
赶在他的前头去见国王
Spur post, and get before him to the king,
趁他没有控诉你以前,先向国王请求宽恕你的过失
and beg thy pardon ere he do accuse thee
我立刻就会来的
I’ll not be long behind.
虽然老了,我相信我骑起马来,还可以像约克一样快
Though I be old, I doubt not but to ride as fast as York
我要跪在地上不再起来
And never will I rise up from the ground
直到波林勃洛克宽恕了你,去吧!
till Bolingbroke have pardoned thee. Away, begone!
谁也不知道我那放荡的儿子的下落吗?
Can no man tell of my unthrifty son?
自从我上次看见他一面以后,到现在足足三个月了
‘Tis full three months since I did see him last
他是我的唯一的祸根
If any plague hang over us, ’tis he.
各位贤卿,我巴不得把他找到才好
I would to God, my lords, he might be found
到伦敦各家酒店里访问访问
Enquire at London, amongst the taverns there
因为人家说他每天

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!