把我的广大的王国换一座小小的坟墓
And my large kingdom for a little grave,
一座小小的小小的坟墓,一座荒僻的坟墓
a little little grave, an obscure grave Or I’ll be
或者我愿意埋葬在国王的大道之中,商旅来往频繁的所在
buried in the king’s highway Some way of common trade,
让人♥民♥的脚每小时践踏在他们君王的头上
where subjects’ feet may hourly trample on their
因为当我现在活着的时候
sovereign’s head For on my heart they tread now whilst I
他们尚且在蹂躏着我的心,那么我一旦埋骨地下,为什么不可以践踏我的头呢?
live, and buried once, why not upon my head?
奥墨尔,你在流泪了,我的软心肠的兄弟!
Aumerle, thou weepest, my tender-hearted cousin
让我们用可憎的眼泪和叹息造成一场狂风暴雨
We’ll make foul weather with despised tears
摧折那盛夏的谷物
Our sighs and they shall lodge the summer corn,
使这叛变的国土之内到处饥荒
and make a dearth in this revolting land
或者我们要不要玩弄我们的悲哀
Or shall we play the wantons with our woes,
把流泪作为我们的游戏?
and make some pretty match with shedding tears?
我们可以让我们的眼泪尽流在同一的地面之上
As thus, to drop them still upon one place, till
直到它们替我们冲成了一对墓穴
they have fretted us a pair of graves within the earth
上面再刻着这样的文字:“这儿长眠着两个亲人
And, therein laid: there lies two kinsmen digged their
他们用泪眼掘成他们的坟墓”
graves with weeping eyes
这不也是苦中求乐吗?
Would not this ill do well?

Well,

well, I see
我知道我不过在说些无聊的废话,你们都在笑我了
I talk but idly, and you mock at me
最尊严的君侯,我的诺森伯兰大人
Most mighty prince, my Lord Northumberland,
波林勃洛克王怎么说?
what says King Bolingbroke? Will his majesty
他允许让理查活命,直到理查寿命告终的一天吗?
give Richard leave to live till Richard die?
你只要弯一弯腿,波林勃洛克就会点头答应的
You make a leg, and Bolingbroke says ‘ay’
陛下,他在阶下恭候着您
My lord, in the base court he doth attend to speak with you.
请您下来吧
May it please you to come down?
下来,下来,我来了,就像驾驭日轮的腓通
Down, down I come, like glistering Phaethon,
因为他的马儿不受羁勒,从云端翻身坠落一般
wanting the manage of unruly jades
在阶下?阶下,那正在堕落了的国王奉着叛徒的呼召
In the base court? Base court where kings grow base,
颠倒向他致敬的所在
to come at traitors’ calls and do them grace
在阶下?下来?
In the base court, come down.
下来吧,国王!因为冲天的云雀的歌♥鸣
Down court, down king, for night-owls shriek where
已经被夜枭的叫声所代替了
mounting larks should sing
王上怎么说?
What says his majesty?
悲哀和忧伤使他言语痴迷
Sorrow and grief of heart makes him speak fondly,
像一个疯子一般,可是他来了
like a frantic man Yet he is come
大家站开些,向王上敬礼
Stand all apart, and show fair duty to his majesty
我的仁慈的陛下——
My gracious lord
贤弟,你这样未免有屈你的贵膝
Fair cousin, you debase your princely knee
使卑贱的泥土因为吻着它而自傲了
to make the base earth proud with kissing it
我宁愿我的心感到你的温情
Me rather had my heart might feel your love
我的眼睛却并不乐于看见你的敬礼
than my unpleased eye see your courtesy
起来,兄弟,起来
Up, cousin, up!
虽然你低屈着你的膝
Your heart is up, I know, thus high at least,
我知道你有一颗奋起的雄心,至少奋起到——这儿
although your knee be low
陛下,我不过是来要求我自己的权利
My gracious lord, I come but for mine own
你自己的一切是属于你的,我也是属于你的,一切全都是属于你的
Your own is yours, and I am yours, and all
我的最尊严的陛下,但愿我的微诚能够辱邀眷注
So far be mine, my most redoubted lord,
一切都是出于陛下的恩赐
as my true service shall deserve your love
你尽可以受之无愧
Well you deserve.
谁要是知道用最有力而最可靠的手段取得他所需要的事物
They well deserve to have, that know the strongest and
他就有充分享受它的权利
surest way to get
叔父,把你的手给我
Uncle, give me your hands.
不,揩干♥你♥的眼睛
Nay, dry your eyes.
眼泪虽然可以表示善意的同情,却不能挽回已成的事实
Tears show their love, but want their remedies
兄弟,我太年轻了,不配做你的父亲
Cousin, I am too young to be your father,
虽然按照年龄,你很有资格做我的后嗣
though you are old enough to be my heir
你要什么我都愿意心悦诚服地送给你
What you will have, I’ll give, and willing too,
因为我们必须顺从环境压力的支配
for do we must what force will have us do
现在我们要向伦敦进发,贤弟,是不是?
Set on towards London, cousin, is it so?
正是,陛下
Yea, my good lord
那么我就不能说一个不字
Then I must not say no
我们在这儿园子里面
What sport shall we devise here in this garden,
应该想出些什么游戏来排遣我们的忧思?
to drive away the heavy thought of care?
娘娘,我们来滚木球玩吧
Madam, we’ll play at bowls
它会使我想起这是一个障碍重重的世界
‘Twill make me think the world is full of rubs,
我的命运已经逸出了它的正轨
and that my fortune runs against the bias
娘娘,我们来跳舞吧
Madam, we’ll dance
我的可怜的心头充满了无限的哀愁
My legs can keep no measure in delight when my poor heart no
我的脚下再也跳不出快乐的节奏,所以不要跳舞,姑娘
measure keeps in grief Therefore, no dancing, girl,
想些别的玩意儿吧
some other sport
娘娘,那么我们来讲故事好不好?
Madam, we’ll tell tales
悲哀的还是快乐的?
Of sorrow or of joy?
娘娘,悲哀的也要讲,快乐的也要讲
Of- either, madam
悲哀的我也不要听,快乐的我也不要听
Of neither, girl
因为假如是快乐的故事
For if of joy, being altogether wanting,
我是一个全然没有快乐的人
it doth remember me the more of sorrow
它会格外引起我的悲哀
Or if of grief, being altogether had,
假如是悲哀的故事,我的悲哀已经太多了,它会使我在悲哀之上再加悲哀
it adds more sorrow to my want of joy
娘娘,让我唱支歌♥儿给您听听
Madam, I’ll sing
你要是有那样的兴致
‘Tis well that thou hast cause,
那也很好,可是我倒宁愿你对我哭泣
but thou shouldst please me better, wouldst thou weep
娘娘,要是哭泣可以给您安慰,我也会哭一下的
I could weep, madam, would it do you good
要是哭泣可以给我安慰,我也早就会唱起歌♥来
And I could sing, would weeping do me good,
用不着告借你的眼泪了
and never borrow any tear of thee
可是且慢,园丁们来了
But stay, here come the gardeners.
让我们走进这些树木的阴影里去
Let’s step into the shadow of these trees
我可以打赌,他们一定会谈到国家大事
My wretchedness unto a row of pins they’ll talk of state,
因为每次政局发生变化的时候,谁都会对国事发一些议论
for everyone doth so against a change.
在值得慨叹的日子来到之前,先慨叹一番
Woe is forerun with woe
去,你把那边垂下来的杏子扎起来
Go bind thou up yond dangling apricocks
它们像顽劣的子女一般
Which, like unruly children, make their sire stoop with
使它们的老父因为不胜重负而弯腰屈背
oppression of their prodigal weight
那些弯曲的树枝你要把它们支撑住了
Give some supportance to the bending twigs
你去做一个刽子手
Go then, and like an executioner cut off the
斩下那些长得太快的小枝的头
heads of too fast-growing sprays,
它们在咱们的共和国里太显得高傲了
that look too lofty in our commonwealth
咱们国里一切都应该平等的
All must be even in our government
我们何必在这小小的围墙之内保持着法纪、秩序和有条不紊的布置
Why should we in the compass of a pale keep law and form
夸耀我们雏型的治绩
and due proportion when our sea-walled garden,
你看我们那座以大海为围墙的花♥园♥,我们整个的国土,不是莠草蔓生
the whole land, is full of weeds
她的最美的鲜花全都窒息而死
Her fairest flowers are choked up,
她的果树无人修剪
her fruit-trees all unpruned, her hedges ruined
她的篱笆东倒西歪
Her knots disordered and her wholesome herbs
她的花池凌乱无序,她的佳卉异草,被虫儿蛀得枝叶雕残吗?
swarming with caterpillars
不要胡说
Hold thy peace
那容忍♥着这样一个凌乱无序的春天的人
He that hath suffered this disordered spring hath now
自己已经遭到落叶飘零的命运
himself met with the fall of leaf
那些托庇于他的广布的枝叶之下
The weeds that his broad-spreading leaves did
名为拥护他,实则在吮吸他的精♥液♥的莠草
shelter, that seemed in eating him to hold him up are
全都被波林勃洛克连根拔起了
pulled up root and all by Bolingbroke:
我的意思是说威尔特郡伯爵和布希、格林那些人们
I mean the Earl of Wiltshire, Bushy, Green
什么!他们死了吗?
What, are they dead?
他们都死了
They are.
波林勃洛克已经捉住那个浪荡的国王
And Bolingbroke hath seized the wasteful king
啊!可惜他不曾像我们治理这座花♥园♥一般
O, what pity is it that he had not so trimmed and dressed his
治理他的国土!
land as we this garden
对于多余的旁枝,我们总是毫不吝惜地把它们剪去
Superfluous branches we lop away,
让那结果的干枝繁荣滋长
that bearing boughs may live
要是他也能够采取这样的办法
Had he done so, himself had borne the crown,
他就可以保全他的王冠,不致于在嬉戏游乐之中把它轻轻断送了
which waste and idle hours hath quite thrown down
呀!那么你想国王将要被他们废黜吗?
What, think you the king shall be deposed?
他现在已经被人压倒
Depressed he is already, and deposed
说不定他们会把他废黜的
’tis doubted he will be
啊!我再不说话就要闷死了
O, I am pressed to death through want of speaking!
你这地上的亚当,你是来治理这座花♥园♥的
Thou, old Adam’s likeness, set to dress this garden how
怎么敢掉弄你的粗鲁放肆的舌头,说出这些不愉快的消息?
dares thy harsh rude tongue sound this unpleasing news?
哪一个夏娃,哪一条蛇,引诱着你
What Eve, what serpent, hath suggested thee to make a
想造成被咒诅的人类第二次的堕落?
second fall of cursed man?
为什么你要说理查王被人废黜?
Why dost thou say King Richard is deposed?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!