with less remorse than Pyrrhus bleeding sword. Priam.
“去 去 娼妇般的命运”
Out… out thou strumpet Fortune,
“诸神明啊 削除了她的力量吧”
all you gods, in general Synod take away her power,
“莫让她僭窃神明宝座 拆毁她的车轮”
break all the spokes and fellies from her wheel,
“把它滚下神山 直到地狱的深渊”
and bowl the round nave down the hill of Heaven, as low as to the fiends.
这段太长了
This is too long.
像你的胡须 该叫理发师剪一剪
It shall to the barber’s, with your beard.
请继续念吧 他只听闹剧或秽剧 不然就打瞌睡
Prithee say on: he’s for a speech, or a tale of bawdry, or he sleeps.
念吧 西古芭那段
Say on, come to Hecuba.
“可怜啊 谁见到了那蒙面皇后”
But who, O who, had seen the mobled Queen…
“蒙面皇后”? 好啊 “蒙面皇后”好
– The mobled Queen? – That’s good, mobled Queen is good.
有意思
This is interesting.
那也好
‘Tis well.
我们改天再把它念完吧
I’ll have thee speak out the rest of this soon.
好先生 能否安顿好这班伶人? 听着
Good, my lord, will you see the players well bestowed? Do you hear?
不可怠慢他们 他们是这个时代的缩影
Let them be well used, for they are the abstract and brief chronicles of the time.
我们宁可死后落个恶名 也别生前招他们讥讽
After your death you were better have a bad epitaph than their ill report while you live.
殿下 我会按应得的名分对他们
My lord, I will use them according to their desert.
天啊 朋友 那可不够客气
God’s bodkin, man, much better!
都照应得名分 谁逃得了一顿鞭子?
Use every man after his desert, and who shall scape whipping?
照你自己的名誉地位待他们
Use them after your own honour and dignity.
他们越不配 越显得你谦虚有礼
The less they deserve, the more merit is in your bounty.
领他们进去 来 各位
– Take them in. – Come sirs.
跟他去 朋友们 明天我们听另一出戏
Follow him, friends: we’ll hear a play tomorrow.
你们会演”贡扎古遇刺”吗?
Can you play the “Murder of Gonzago”?
会的 殿下
Ay, my lord.
我们明晚就听这出
We’ll have it tomorrow night.
若有必要 我会写一段十几行词 能排好插♥进♥去吗?
You could for a need study a speech of some 12 or 16 lines which I would set down and insert in it.
你们随那位去吧 可别取笑他
Follow that lord and look you mock him not.
两位朋友 我们晚上再见 欢迎来到艾西诺
My good friends, I’ll leave you till night. You are welcome in Elsinore.
好的 殿下
Good, my lord.
你们赶上来了
So you’ve caught up.
还没呢 先生
Not yet, sir.
舌头当心 不然我割了它
Now mind your tongue, or we’ll have it out and
把你扔出去 像罗马宴席上的夜莺
throw the rest of you away like a nightingale at a Roman feast.
我正想说 叫你没话说
– Took the words out of my mouth. – You’d be lost for words.
张口结舌 像哑巴念独白
– You’d be tongue tied. – Like a mute in a monologue.
像…罗马宴席上的夜莺
Like a nightingale at a Roman feast.
你们甩了我们 对 半道上
– You left us. – Yes… on the road.
你们不懂这种耻辱
You don’t understand the humiliation of it… to be tricked out of the single assumption
被抽掉我们存在的唯一前提 假设有人在观看
that makes our existence bearable. That somebody is watching.
我们是戏子 必须在人前出现
We are actors, we are the opposite of people.
所以呢? 得有观众
– So? – We need an audience.
我们跟人有约 这倒不假
– We had an appointment. – That is true.
你们知道来干什么
You know why you’re here.
我们只听到别人解释 还不一定是实话
We only know what we’re told and for all we know it isn’t even true.
人依假定行动 你假定什么?
One acts on assumptions. What do you assume?
哈姆雷特身心皆有异样 我们得查明他的心病
Hamlet is not himself outside or in. We have to glean what afflicts him.
他忧郁 忧郁?
– He’s melancholy. – Melancholy?
疯了 有多疯?
– Mad. – How is he mad?
有多疯?
How’s he mad?
也许悒愤多于疯狂
More morose than mad perhaps.
忧郁 愁闷
– Melancholy. – Moody.
闹情绪 悒愤吗?
– He had moods. – Of moroseness?
早晚要疯 没错
– Madness and yet. – Quite.
举例
For instance.
他自言自语 这近乎疯狂
He talks to himself which might be madness.
却说得有条有理 又证明截然相反
– If he didn’t talk sense, which he does. – Which suggests the opposite.
相反什么? 我明白了
– Of what? – I think I have it.
有条理地自言自语的人
A man talking sense to himself…
其疯狂不超过对别人胡言乱语的人
is no madder than a man talking nonsense not to himself.
或者一样疯 或者一样疯
– Or just as mad. – Or just as mad.
他都占了 你看吧
– And he does both. – So there you are.
既疯又不疯 为什么?
– Start raving sane. – Why?
啊 为什么? 到底是的
– Ah. Why? – Exactly.
到底什么?
Exactly what?
到底为什么 到底什么为什么?
– Exactly why? – Exactly why what?
什么? 为什么?
– What? – Why?
什么为什么? 为什么他发疯?
– Why what, exactly? – Why is he mad?
我不知道
I don’t know!
那老头以为他爱上了他的女儿
The old man thinks he’s in love with his daughter.
天 这可乱大发了
We’re out of our depth here!
不 不 他没有女儿
No, no, no, he hasn’t got a daughter,
那老头以为他爱上了他的女儿
the old man thinks he’s in love with his daughter.
是那老头?
The old man is?
哈姆雷特 爱上了 老头的女儿
Hamlet. In love. Man’s daughter.
老头这么以为
The old man thinks.
这就说通了 单相思
It’s beginning to make sense! Unrequited passion!
你们去哪?
Where are you going?
我来去自♥由♥
I can come and go as I please.
你熟悉环境 我来过这里
– You know your way around. – I’ve been here before.
我们还无处下脚
We’re still finding our feet.
我建议你们小心昏头
I should concentrate on not losing your heads.
鉴于你对这的了解? 鉴于先例
– Do you speak from knowledge? – Precedent.
你来过这里
You’ve been here before.
我知道风往那边吹
And I know which way the wind is blowing.
等等 回去
Wait! Back!
这里简直是疯人院
This place is a mad house.
留神背后
Behind ye!
这出戏你熟吗? 不熟
– Are you familiar with this play? – No.
大开杀戒 总共八具尸体
A slaughterhouse, eight corpses all told.
六具 八具
– Six. – Eight.
他们怎么了?
What are they?
他们死了
They’re dead.
戏子 你们懂什么死亡? 廉价煽情剧 廉价煽情剧
– Actor! What do you know about death? The mechanics of cheap melodrama! – Cheap melodrama.
丝毫诠释不了死亡 诠释不了
– It doesn’t bring death home to anyone! – lt’s not at home to anyone!
闭嘴 闭嘴
– Shut up! – Shut up!
你们演不了死亡
You can’t do death!
正相反 这是我们拿手好戏
On the contrary, it’s what we do best.
一切天分都要利用 我们的天分就是死亡
We have to exploit whatever talent is given to us and our talent is for dying.
我们能死得壮烈 滑稽 讽刺 悲哀 突然 缓慢
We can die heroically, comically, ironically, sadly, suddenly, slowly…
恶心 迷人 或者居高临下
disgustingly charmingly or from a great height.
观众就盼这个 他们准备好了照单全收
Audiences know what to expect, and that is all they are prepared to believe in.
下一场
Next…
你们不能婉转探问 查出他为何神魂颠倒吗?
And can you by no drift of conference get from him why he puts on his confusion?
他承认他心神恍惚
He does confess he feels himself distracted.
可绝口不提缘故
But from what cause he will by no means speak.
生存还是毁灭
(To be or not to be…)
这是个问题
that is the question.
他待你们客气吗?
Did he receive you well?
很有礼貌
Most like a gentleman.
可是不大自然
But with much forcing of his disposition.
自己不说 可我们提问 他答得毫无拘束
Niggard of question but of our demands, most free in his reply.
有没有劝他找些消遣?
Did you assay him to any pastime?
夫人 我们来时赶过了一班伶人
Madam, it so fell out that certain players we o’er-raught on the way
我们告诉他时 他好像很高兴
of these we told him, and there did seem in him a kind of joy to hear of it.
他们已在宫中 今夜将为他演出
They are here about the court, this night to play before him.
正是
‘Tis most true,
他还托我请二位陛下一同去观剧
and he beseeched me to entreat your Majesties to here and see the matter.
先生们
Good gentlemen,
请多把他的心思转移到这种娱乐上来
give him a further edge and drive his purpose into these delights.
是 陛下
We shall, my lord.
亲爱的葛楚 你也先离开
Sweet Gertrude, leave us too…
我们已暗中唤来哈姆莱特
For we have closely sent for Hamlet hither,
让他意外撞见奥菲利娅
that he, as ’twere by accident may here affront Ophelia.
你想没想过你已经死了 正关在箱子里 盖着盖子?
Do you ever think of yourself as actually dead lying in a box with a lid on it?
没有
No.
我也没有
Nor do I really.
为这种事难过挺傻的
It’s silly to be depressed by it.
我是说 人总想着被关在箱子里
I mean, one thinks of it like being alive in a box,
却总忘了考虑自己已经死了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!