My, I can’t wait to tell Laura-Louise.
请你暂时不要告诉其他人
please don’t tell anyone else, not right away.
她说得对 有很多时间
No, she’s right. There’s plenty of time.
为健康孩子干杯
Now, to a fine, healthy baby.
干杯 – 干杯
Hear, hear! – Hear!
安迪
Andy?
或苏珊
Or Susan?
苏珊
Susan!
请你不要看参考书
Please don’t read books.
真正怀孕并不像书本中的介绍
No pregnancy was ever exactly like the ones described in the books.
不要听你朋友的意见
And don’t listen to your friends either.
每次怀孕都是与别不同的
No two pregnancies are ever alike.
希尔医生给我维他命丸 – 不准吃维他命丸
Dr. Hill prescribed vitamin pills. – No pills.
美妮有一个草药园
Minnie Castevet has a herbarium.
我会叫她每天弄一杯药汁
I’m gonna have her make a daily drink for you that’ll be fresher, safer…
比任何维他命丸都新鲜和安全
and more vitamin-rich than any pills on the market.
有任何问题请找我
Any questions you have, call me night or day.
记住有问题便打电♥话♥给我
Call me, not your Aunt Fanny. That’s what I’m here for.
喝吧 – 里面有什么?
Here. – What’s in it?
沙锥 蜗牛和小狗尾巴
Snips and snails and puppy dogs’ tails.
如果我们想要女儿怎样?
That’s fine, but what if we want a girl?
你想要吗?
Do you?
如果第一个是儿子会很不错 – 行了
It’d be nice if the first one were a boy. – Well, there you are.
里面有什么?- 生蛋 骨胶 草药
No, really, what is in it? – A raw egg, gelatin, herbs…
坦尼斯根?
Tannis root?
还有其他东西
Some of that, along with some other things.
别那么暴♥力♥
Don’t be so violent, Harry.
若你想以不愚蠢的方式去愚蠢
If you want to be stupid, be nonviolent stupid.
我不爱任何人 尤其不是你的胖太太
I’m in love with no one, especially not your fat wife.
我是个无可救药的跛子
I’m a hopeless cripple…
那是怎么回事?
What’s that?
我去了沙宣发型屋
I’ve been to Vidal Sassoon.
别告诉我你要付钱
Don’t tell me you paid for that.
盖伊 我很痛
Guy, I have a pain.
哪里?- 这里
Where? – In here.
现在才开始吗?- 周一开始 刺痛
Just now? – Since Monday. A sharp pain.
你有没有看医生?- 我周三去见他
Did you see Sapirstein? – I’m seeing him on Wednesday.
荒谬 快点去见他
This is ridiculous! Why didn’t you see Sapirstein?
你为什么不告诉他?- 我定期周三去见他
I mean, why didn’t you say anything? – I see him Wednesday, regular.
盆骨自然膨胀
An entirely natural expansion of the pelvis.
吃点阿斯匹灵就行
You can fight it with ordinary aspirin.
我害怕会是子♥宫♥外孕
I was afraid it might be an ectopic pregnancy.
我以为你不会看那些书的
“Ectopic”? I thought you weren’t gonna read books, Rosemary.
我在药房♥看到的 – 它们只会令你担心
It was staring at me in the drugstore. – And all it did was worry you.
丢掉它 痛楚几天后会退
Will you go home and throw it away, please?
我会的 我保证 – 疼痛会再持续两天
I will. I promise. – The pains will be gone in two days.
子♥宫♥外孕
Ectopic pregnancy!
我的样子很难看
I look awful.
你在说什么?你看来容光焕发
What are you talking about? You look great.
只是那个发型难看
It’s that haircut that looks awful.
坦白说那是你做过最错的事
If you want the truth, honey, that’s the worst mistake you ever made.
我的天
My God!
是沙宣发型 很时髦的
It’s Vidal Sassoon. It’s very “in.”
你怎么了?
What’s wrong with you?
真的那么糟吗?- 真心糟糕
Do I look that bad? – Terrible!
你不是在减肥吧?
You’re not on one of those Zen diets, are you?
不是 – 那么是怎么回事?
No. – Then what is it?
你见过医生了吗?
Have you seen a doctor?
我怀孕了
Hutch, I might as well tell you. I’m pregnant.
胡说
Oh, rubbish!
怀孕会增重 不会变瘦的
Pregnant women gain weight, they don’t lose it.
我睡得不好
I don’t sleep well.
关节僵硬疼痛
I have stiff joints or something, so I get a pain.
不是很严重
Nothing serious.
恭喜你 你一定很高兴
Well, congratulations. You must be very happy.
我们都是
Oh, I am. We both are.
谁是你的产科医生?- 艾比沙皮坦
Who’s your obstetrician? – Abraham Sapirstein.
我两个女儿都是由他接生的
Oh! He delivered two of my daughter’s babies.
他是其中一个最棒的 – 你什么时候见过他?
He’s one of the best in the city. – When did you see him last?
昨天 – 怎样?
Um, yesterday. – And?
他说这是很普遍的
And he says it’s fairly common.
你瘦了多少?
How much weight have you lost?
三磅
About, uh, three pounds.
你好像瘦了很多
Oh, nonsense. You’ve lost far more than that.
怀孕初期瘦一点是很正常的
It’s perfectly normal to lose a little at first.
稍后我会增重
Later on I’ll be gaining.
沙皮坦医生知道他在做什么
we must assume Dr. Sapirstein knows whereof he speaks.
他该知道 他收费很不公平
He should. He charges enough.
我们获得减价 我们的邻居是他的朋友
We’re getting bargain rates. Our neighbors are close friends of his.
我去应门
I’ll go.
别动 我走动时没有那么痛
No, no. Stay where you are. Hurts less when I move around.
我们刚才说起你
Oh, I was just talking about you.
希望是好的东西 你需要什么吗?
Favorably, I hope. Do you need anything from outside?
不用了 谢谢 – 盖伊已经回家了吗?
No. Thank you for asking. – Is Guy home already?
他要六点才回来 – 哦
No, he won’t be home till 6:00. – Oh.
我们一位朋友来了
A friend of ours is here.
你想和他见面吗?
Would you… Would you like to meet him?
我不会打扰你们吧?- 不会 请进
Well, if I won’t be intruding. – No, no. Please come in.
赫斯 这是罗曼卡斯维
Hutch, this is Roman Castevet.
爱德华赫斯 – 你好吗?
Edward Hutchins. – How do you do?
幸会 – 我正告诉赫斯
How are you, sir? – I was just telling Hutch…
你介绍沙皮坦医生给我
it was you and Minnie who sent me to Dr. Sapirstein.
罗斯玛丽把好消息告诉你吗
So Rosemary has told you the good news?
有 – 她一定要好好休息
Yes, she has. – We must see she gets plenty of rest.
我被她的外表吓了一跳
I was a bit alarmed by her appearance.
她体重减轻了 但那是很正常的
Well, she has lost some weight, but that’s quite normal for the early months.
她之后会增重的
Later on, she’ll gain… probably far too much.
我想是吧 – 请坐下
So I gather. – Please sit down.
卡斯维太太每天弄一杯 草药饮料给我
Mrs. Castevet makes a vitamin drink for me every day from fresh herbs she grows.
全部根据沙皮坦医生的指示
Yes, all according to Dr. Sapirstein’s directions, of course.
他不信任那些维他命丸
He’s inclined to be suspicious of commercially prepared vitamin pills.
但他们在安全的情况下
Is he indeed? Why, surely they’re manufactured…
生产的
under every imaginable safeguard.
但那些药丸
That’s quite true, but commercial pills…
或已摆放了许久
can sit for months on a druggist’s shelf…
失去了原有的营养
and lose a great deal of their original potency.
我没有想过这一点
I hadn’t thought of that.
我喜欢天然的东西
I like the idea of having everything fresh and natural.
怀孕母亲在吃维他命丸前
I’ll bet expectant mothers chewed bits of tannis root…
要咀嚼坦尼斯根
when nobody’d even heard of vitamin pills.
坦尼斯根?- 那是饮料中的一种草药
Tannis root? – It’s one of the herbs she puts in the drink.
那是草药吗?草根算是草药吗?
Or is it an herb? Can a root be an herb?
你是不是指茴芹或鸢尾根?
You sure you don’t mean anise or orris root?
不是 是坦尼斯根 – 嗯
No, tannis. – Hmm.
你看
Look.
会同时带来好运的
It’s good luck too.
看来不像草根
It doesn’t look like root matter.
比较像霉菌或真菌那些东西
More like mold or fungus of some kind.
它有没有其他名字?- 据我所知没有
Is it ever called by any other name? – Not to my knowledge, no.
坦尼斯 我要查看百科全书
“Tannis”…I must look it up in the encyclopedia.
很漂亮的吊饰
What a pretty holder or charm or whatever it is.
卡斯维夫妇送给我的
The Castevets gave it to me.
你们比罗斯玛丽的父母 还要细心照顾她
You and your wife seem to be taking better care of Rosemary than her own parents.
我们很喜欢她和盖伊
We’re very fond of her, and of Guy too.
失陪 我要走了
Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’ll have to go.
我太太在等我 – 很高兴见到你
My wife is waiting for me. – It’s a pleasure to have met you.
不用了 我们会再见的
Don’t bother, Rosemary.
不用了 我们会再见的
We’ll meet again, I’m sure.
我刚留意到他有耳洞
I’ve just noticed he has pierced ears.
还有锐利目光
Pierced ears and piercing eyes.
她是怎样的?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!