It had a wonderful authenticity to it. – Come on, now.
我是认真的
No, no. I mean it.
父亲是舞台剧监制
My father was a theatrical producer…
我早年在剧团里度过
and my early years were spent in the company…
菲兹太太的福比罗拔逊
of Mrs. Fiske, Forbes-Robertson, Modjeska.
盖伊?- 是
Guy? – Oh, yes, please.
你很有气质
You have a most interesting inner quality, Guy.
你在电视上也表现到 你很有前途
It appears in your television work too. It should take you a long way indeed…
只要你能取得突破
provided, of course, that you get those initial breaks.
你在为演出准备吗?
Are you preparing for a show now?
我在为几个角色试镜
Um, well, I’m up for a couple parts.
我相信你一定会成功 – 我会的
Well, I can’t believe that you won’t get them. – Well, I can.
我想有一个香料花♥园♥
I’d like to have a spice garden someday.
我心底里还是个村姑
I guess I’m a country girl at heart.
你来自大家庭吗?- 我有三兄二姊
You come from a big family? – Mm-hmm. Three brothers and two sisters.
你的姊姊结婚了吗?
Your sisters married?
她们有孩子吗?-一个有两个 另一个有四个
They have children? – One has two. The other has four.
你也会有很多孩子
Well, there’s a chance you’ll have lots of children too.
我们没有生育问题
Oh, we’re fertile, all right.
我有16个侄儿
I’ve got 16 nieces and nephews.
我的天
My goodness!
你想我洗碗 你抹碗吗?
Would you like me to wash, and you can wipe for a while?
不用
Oh, no. This is fine, dear.
罗曼 不要烦着盖伊
Now, Roman, will you stop bending Guy’s ears with your Modjeska stories?
他听你说只因为他有礼貌
He’s only listening ’cause he’s polite.
不 他的故事很有趣
No, no, no, no. It’s very interesting, Mrs. Castevet.
你知道?- 我是美妮 他是罗曼
You see? – Minnie. I’m Minnie, he’s Roman. Okay?
很棒
Okay. Terrific. Just terrific.
再见… – 非常感谢
Good-bye, darlin’. Good-bye. – Thank you for having us.
真可爱 – 美妮
Yeah, it was lovely. Bless you. – Minnie!
你这个大孩子
Minnie! Ya great kid, ya!
那块牛排怎样?
Whoo! About that steak, huh?
你怎能吃得下两块蛋糕?
Oh, my God! And the cake! How did you eat two pieces?
这件事很奇怪 – 出于礼貌
It was weird! – Out of politeness.
完全是基于礼貌
That’s how I ate two pieces… out of politeness.
只有三只盘子是相配的
Only three dinner plates that match…
还有那些漂亮银器
And all that beautiful, beautiful silver.
或许他们会遗下给我们
We’ll be nice. Maybe they’ll will it to us.
你猜他们的浴室里有什么?- 坐浴盆
Guess what they have in their bathroom. – A bidet.
坐厕旁放着厕所笑话 – 不
Jokes for the John. – No.
坐厕旁放着厕所笑话
A book on a hook, right next to the toilet.
罗曼的故事很有趣
Roman’s stories are pretty damned interesting, though.
我从来没听过福比罗拔逊
Never even heard of Forbes-Robertson before.
我明晚会再去听
I’m gonna go over there again tomorrow night and hear some more.
真的?- 他邀请我去
You are? – Yeah. He asked me.
为我去吧
Here, do this damn thing for me, will you?
我以为我们会见到钟和迪克
I thought we were gonna do something with Joan and Dick Jellico.
我们已相约好吗?- 没有
Was that definite? – Well, it wasn’t definite.
我们可以下周见他们
We’ll see them next week.
如果你不想去 你可以留下
You don’t have to come along if you don’t want to, you know.
你可以留下
You can stay here.
我会
I think I will stay here.
他认识亨利欧文 真的很有趣
He knew Henry Irving too. I mean, really interesting, huh?
他们为什么拿下照片?
Why did they take their pictures down?
什么意思?- 他们拿下了照片
What do you mean? – Their pictures… they took them down.
有钩子在墙上
There are hooks in the wall and clean spaces…
有一幅照片大小不适合
and the one picture that is there doesn’t fit.
我没有察觉到
I didn’t notice that.
我们没有打扰到你吧?
Hi, dear. We’re not botherin’ ya, are we?
这是我的朋友罗拉露丝 她住在12楼
This is my dear friend Laura-Louise McBurney. Lives up on 12.
这是罗斯玛丽 盖伊的太太
Laura-Louise, this is Guy’s wife, Rosemary.
你好
Hello, Rosemary. Welcome to the Bram.
罗拉露丝刚见到盖伊
Laura-Louise just met Guy. She wanted to meet you too.
我们可以进来吗?- 请进
Could we come in? – Uh, of… of course. Please do.
进去吧
Well, there you are. Go ahead.
你看到他们的家具吗?
Look at the…
很漂亮
Isn’t that beautiful?
今早送来的 – 你没事吧?你看来很疲倦
It came this morning. – Are you all right, dear? You look worn.
我没事 今天经期来了
Oh, no. I’m fine. It’s the first day of my period.
你竟然没事?
And you’re up and around? On my first day…
我来经第一天什么都做不了
I experienced such pain, I couldn’t move, eat, or anything.
丹给我喝杜松子酒
Dan used to give me gin through a straw to kill the pain.
现在的女孩子能从容应付事情
Girls today take things much more in their stride.
她们比我们健康
They’re much healthier than we were…
她们服食很多♥维♥他命
Thanks to vitamins, better medical care…
那些是什么?
What are those things over there? Seat covers?
窗台的座垫
Um, cushions for the window seats.

Oh, yeah.
这是我
Oh, before I forget…
和罗曼送给你的
this is for you, from Roman and me.
送给我的?
For me?
这是欢迎礼
It’s just a little present, is all. For movin’ in.
我不能… – 这个东西已有三百年历史
There’s no reason… – It’s real old. It’s over 300 years.
很漂亮
It’s lovely.
里面是坦尼斯根
Yeah. The green inside is called tannis root.
会带来好运
That’s for good luck.
它很漂亮但我不能接受
It’s lovely, but I can’t accept it.
你已经收下了 戴上它 – 好吧
You already have. Put it on. – Yeah.
你会习惯那个气味
You’ll get used to the smell before you know it.
戴上吧
Yeah, go on.
对了
Ah, yeah.
他今晚的故事比昨晚有趣吗?
Were his stories as interesting as last night?
对 你们玩得高兴吗?
Yes. Did you have a good time?
还可以 我收到礼物
All right. I got a present.
原本属于特里萨的 – 不是吧?
It was Terry’s. – No kidding.
很漂亮
Kind of pretty, though.
你不会戴吧?- 它很臭
Aren’t you gonna wear it? – Mm-mm. It smells.
里面的东西叫坦尼斯根
There’s stuff in it called tannis root from her greenhouse.
不是太糟
Not too bad, though.
要坦尼斯吗?- 如果你收下
Tannis, anyone? – Well, if you took it…
你要戴上它
you ought to wear it.
我是
Hello?
是的 就是他
Yes. This is he.
天 不是吧
Oh. God, no.
他真可怜
Oh, the poor guy.
他们不知道原因是什么吗?
And, uh, they don’t have any idea what’s causing it?
不 不知道 – 我的天 真糟糕
No, not yet. – My God, that’s awful. That’s just awful.
我们想知道你是不是有兴趣…
We’d like to know if you’d be interested…
我会接受
Yes, I would.
我的意思是我会
I mean, yes, I am.
我不想这样子得到 但…
I hate to get it that way, but…
你要和我的经理人讨论一下
Well, you’d have to speak to my agent about that end of it.
艾伦史东
Allan Stone.
我肯定不会有问题
I’m sure there won’t be any problem, Mr. Weiss, not as far as we’re concerned.
威斯先生 谢谢你
Thank you, Mr. Weiss.
盖伊?
Guy?
什么事?
What is it?
唐劳保加失明了
Donald Baumgart… he’s gone blind.
他昨天醒来便看不见东西
He woke up yesterday, and he can’t see.
不 – 我得到那个角色
Oh, no. – Oh, I’ve got the part.
这样取得角色很不光釆
Well, it’s a hell of a way to get it.
我要去散步
Listen, uh, I have to get out and walk around.
我明白 你去吧
Yeah, I understand. Go ahead.
唐劳保加
Baumgart. Donald Baumgart.
那是很棒的角色 他会备受注意
It’s a fascinating part. He’ll really be noticed this time.
他也获得一个电视剧集的主角
He also has an offer for a lead in a television series: Miami Beach.
他突然变得炙手可热
He’s suddenly very hot.
现在我明白你为什么那么高兴
Mm, now I understand why you’re so overjoyed.
现在是他接受挑战的时候
Well, it’s a difficult period in his life.
挑战
A challenge.
原来如此

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!