So I do thank you. Roman does too. Roman’s my hubby.
我很高兴我能帮忙
You’re welcome. I’m glad I could help.
她昨天被火化
Yeah. Well, she was cremated yesterday.
我们要继续生活
Now we gotta forget and go on.
我们没有孩子 你呢?
It won’t be easy. We don’t have children of our own. You have any?
没有 – 就是了
No, we don’t. – No? Well, there you…
你把桌子放置得很棒
Look how you put the table! Isn’t that interesting?
我在杂♥志♥里看到的
I saw it in a magazine.
很棒的油漆
Nice paint job. Oh.
那是什么?电视房♥?
Oh. Oh, that’s nice. What is that? That’s the TV room?
只是暂时性 将会是育婴室
Well, only temporarily. It’s going to be a nursery.
你怀孕了吗?- 还没有
Oh, you pregnant? – No, not yet.
我们希望安顿好后尽快生孩子 – 真棒
I hope to be as soon as we’re settled. – Wonderful.
你还年轻 应该生很多孩子
Well, you’re young and healthy. You ought to have lots of children.
我们打算生三个
We plan to have three.
我很想参观公♥寓♥
Dying to see what you did to this apartment.
这里以前的租客是我的朋友
The woman who had it before was a dear friend of mine.
特里萨告诉了我 – 是吗?
I know. Terry told me. – Oh, did she?
你们在洗衣房♥详谈了很多次 – 只有一次
You two had some long talks together in the laundry room, huh? – Only one.
我的天
Oh, my goodness!
看来光亮了很多
Ah, it looks so much brighter.
这样的椅子要多少钱?
What do you pay for a chair like that?
我不肯定
Uh… Oh, I’m not sure, really.
大约二百元
I think about $200.
你的丈夫做什么?
What does your hubby do?
他是演员
He’s an actor.
我早就知道
I knew it! I said it to Roman yesterday.
他很英俊 他演过什么电影?
He’s so good-Iookin’. What movies was he in?
没有 两部叫路德和
No movies. He was in two plays…
没有人喜欢信天翁的舞台剧
called Luther and Nobody Loves An Albatross…
还有很多电视和广播剧
and a lot of television and radio.
罗斯玛丽 我在
Listen, Rosemary, I got a two-inch-thick sirloin steak…
解冻一块牛排
sittin’ defrostin’ this minute.
你和盖伊一起来吃晚饭好吗?你认为怎样?
Why don’t you and Guy come over and have supper with us tonight? What do you say?
我们不能够 – 为什么?
Oh, no, we couldn’t. – Why not?
你们人很好 但… – 今天是首夜
No. Really, that’s very kind of you, but… – It would be a real help to us.
只有我们两个…
First night we’ll be alone since…
你肯定不会打扰你们吗?
Are you sure it wouldn’t be too much trouble for you?
如果会打扰 我就不会请你们
Honey, if it was trouble, I wouldn’t ask you.
好吧 我会问盖伊
All right. You go ahead and count on us. I’ll have to check with Guy, though.
你告诉他我不要被拒绝
Listen, you tell him I won’t take no for an answer.
你的邮件 是广♥告♥
Oh, here’s your mail. Nah, ads.
谢谢
Thank you
唐劳保加取得角色
Donald Baumgart got that part.
反正那舞台剧不好
It’s a bad play anyway.
就算舞台剧不成功 那种角色也会获到注意
Even if it folds out of town, it’s the kind of part that gets noticed.
卡斯维太太来感谢
Mrs. Castevet was here…
我的安慰
to thank me for what I said about Terry.
她是我见过最好管间事的人
She is the nosiest person I’ve ever seen.
她竟然问东西的价钱
You know she actually asked the prices of things?
不是吧
No kidding.
她邀请我们今晚去吃晚饭
She invited us to have dinner with them tonight.
我说会问你 应该没问题
I told her I’d have to check with you but that it’d probably be okay.
我们不用去吧?
Oh, Jesus. We don’t have to do that, do we, honey?
他们好像很寂寞
I think they’re Ionely.
和他们成为朋友后 就很难摆脱他们
We get friendly with an old couple like that, we’ll never get rid of them.
他们就在墙后面
They’re right across the wall.
我告诉过她可以依靠我们
I told her she could count on us.
你不用生气 – 我没生气
You don’t have to sulk about it. – I’m not sulking.
我没有 我明白你的意思
I see exactly what you mean.
我们会去 – 不 为什么?
Hell, we’ll go. – No, no. What for?
我们会去 – 如果你不想 我们不用去
We’ll go! – No, we don’t have to if you don’t want to.
听来很虚伪
That sounds so phony, but I really mean it.
但我是认真的
Really, I do.
日行一善
Be my good deed for today.
好吧 如果你想去
Okay, but only if you want to.
我们会声明只此一次
And we’ll make it clear it’s just for this one night…
而不是所谓的开始声明
and not the beginning of anything, right?
时间刚好 进来吧
Ah, perfect timing! Come on in.
罗曼在倒伏特加
Roman’s fixing some vodka blushes.
盖伊 我很高兴你能来
My, I’m glad you could come, Guy.
我会告诉大家我认识你
I’m fixin’ to tell everybody that I knew you when.
晚饭还没准备好 大家先坐下
Look, dinner isn’t ready just yet, but sit down there anywhere, love.
坐在沙发上
Take a seat on the couch. You’re gonna find yourself very…
我看来倒了太多
I seem to have overfilled the glasses.
不 不要起来
No, no, no. Don’t get up.
我通常都倒得很好
Generally I pour these out precisely as a bartender. Don’t I, Minnie?
小心地毯 – 但我弄得太多
Just watch the carpet. – But this evening I made a little too much…
坐下
Ah, there we are. No, no, no. Sit down, please.
伍豪斯太太 – 谢谢
Now, Mrs. Woodhouse. – Thank you.
伍豪斯先生 伏特加?
Mr. Woodhouse, uh, vodka blush?
好 谢谢 – 你喝过吗?
Yes, thanks. – Have you ever tasted one?
没有 – 看来很美味
No, no, I haven’t. – It looks delicious.
它们在澳洲很受欢迎
Minnie. They’re very popular in Australia.
欢迎来到我们的家
Now, to our guests. Welcome to our home.
你听 – 干杯
Hear, hear. – Cheers.
地毯
The carpet!
糟了 – 这是新地毯
Oh, dear. – Brand-new carpet.
他真是笨死了
This man’s so clumsy!
你来自澳洲吗?- 不
Do you come from Australia? – Oh, no, no.
纽约 我到过那里
I’m from right here in New York City. I’ve been there, though.
我到过所有地方
I’ve been everywhere, literally.
只要你说出一个地名 我一定到过
You name a place, and I’ve been there.
来吧 说个看看 – 阿♥拉♥斯加 费尔班克斯
Go ahead. Name a place. – Fairbanks, Alaska.
我到过整个阿♥拉♥斯加
I’ve been there. Been all over Alaska.
费尔班克斯 珠尼奥 安哥拉治等
Yes, Fairbanks, Juneau, Anchorage…
我在1938年到过那里 – 你们来自哪里?
I spent four months there in ’38. – Where are you folks from?
我… – 我
Well… – Well, I…
我来自奥马哈 盖伊来自巴尔的摩
I’m from Omaha. Guy’s from Baltimore.
很不错的城市
Omaha’s a good city. Baltimore is too.
你因为工干而外游吗?- 两者都是
Do you travel for business? – Well, business and pleasure both.
我79岁 我从十岁起就到处游历
I’m 79, and I’ve been going one place or another since I was ten.
我到过所有地方
You name a place, I’ve been there.
牛排准备好了 不用急着喝
Ah! Steak’s ready. Don’t rush your drinks, now.
罗曼 吃药丸
Roman, take your pill.
教宗不会探访一座报纸罢♥工♥的城市
No pope ever visits a city where the newspapers are on strike.
听说他会等待罢♥工♥结束
I heard he’s gonna postpone and wait till it’s over.
那只是演戏
Well, that’s showbiz.

That’s exactly what it is.
所有服装 仪式
All the costumes, the rituals… all religions.
我们开罪了罗斯玛丽
Oh, oh, I think we’re offendin’ Rosemary.
不是… – 你信教吗?
No. No. – You’re not religious, my dear, are you?
我自小信奉天主教
Well, I-I was brought up a Catholic. Now I don’t know.
你看来很不自然 – 他是教宗
Yeah. You looked uncomfortable. – Well, he is the pope.
你不用因为他假装神圣
Well, now, you don’t need to have respect for him…
而尊敬他
because he pretends that he’s holy.
说得好
Now, that’s a good point.
他们花很多钱在圣袍和珠宝上
When I think what they spend on robes and jewels!
在路德里 有组织宗教
A good picture of the hypocrisy behind organized religion…
背后的虚伪
was given, I thought, in Luther.
你能够清楚表达你演出的角色吗?
Did you ever get to play that leading part, Guy?
我?不
Me? No.
你不是艾尔拔芬尼的 候补演员吗?
Well, weren’t you Albert Finney’s understudy?
不是 – 真奇怪
No. – Well, that’s strange.
我记得看过你的一个手势
I remember being struck by a gesture you made…
然后查看你是谁
and checking in the program to see who you were.
谢谢 – 是什么手势?
Thank you. – Um, what gesture was that?
我不肯定 那是一个反应
Well, I’m not sure now. It was a reaction, uh…
路德生气时我的手臂会这样放
I did a thing with my arms when Luther was having a fit.
那是反射动作 – 就是那个
It was a kind of involuntary reaching. – That’s it. That’s it.
很有创意 – 不是吧

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!