Thanks, boys. Have one on the baby. – Thank you very much.
那用来做什么?- 这是我的医院
What’s that for? – It’s my hospital suitcase.
你还有三周
Honey, you got three weeks.
找谁?
Yes?
卡迪太太 你好
Hello, Mrs. Cardiff.
不
No.
我的天
Oh, my God.
我的天
Oh, my God!
我当然会
Yes, of course I will.
赫斯死了
Hutch is dead.
我很内疚 我最近完全没有想起他
I feel awful. All this time, I didn’t even think of him.
医生 稍后见
Doctor, good-bye. Doris, we’ll see you later.
再见 – 对不起
Good-bye. – I beg your pardon.
我是伍豪斯太太 我认识你的父亲
I’m Mrs. Woodhouse. I knew your father.
你是罗斯玛丽吗?- 我很遗憾
Oh, so you’re Rosemary. – I’m terribly sorry.
谢谢你 这是我的妹妹
Thank you. This is my sister, Edna.
你好 – 这是我的丈夫
How do you do? – And my husband.
你好 – 抱歉我迟到
How do you do? – I’m sorry to be late.
抱歉 – 什么?
Excuse me. – Yes?
我是葛丽斯卡迪 – 我希望会见到你
I’m Grace Cardiff. – Oh, I was hoping to meet you.
谢谢你给我打电♥话♥
Thank you for calling me.
我原本打算寄这个给你
I was going to mail this, but then I thought you would be here.
这是什么?-一本书
What is it? – A book.
赫斯恢复知觉
Hutch regained consciousness at the end…
他以为是第二天早上
and he thought it was the next morning.
和你约会那一天?- 对
You know, when you had the appointment? – Oh, yes.
我不在场 但他叫医生
I wasn’t there, but he told the doctor to make sure…
把书给你 – 谢谢
that you got the book on his desk. – Thank you.
我要告诉你名字是变位词 (指变换字母顺序构成的新词)
Oh, and I’m to tell you: The name is an anagram.
书名?- 很明显是
The name of the book? – Apparently.
他精神错乱 所以很难肯定
He was delirious, so it’s hard to be sure.
我听到你进门 你很快回来
I heard you come in. It certainly wasn’t very long.
我迟到 找不到计程车 – 真可惜
I was late. I couldn’t get a taxi. – Ah, what a shame.
你收到信吗?
Oh, you got mail already?
有人给我的
Somebody gave it to me.
我帮你拿着
Here. I’ll hold it.
是书吗?
Book?
我知道那间房♥子 吉摩一家人曾经住在那里
Oh, I know that house. The Gilmores used to live there.
我到过那里很多次
Oh, I’ve been there lots of times.
葛丽斯是我喜欢的名字之一
“Grace”…that’s one of my favorite names.
是 – 你需要什么东西吗?
It is? – Yeah. You need anything?
不用 谢谢你 – 睡一会吧
Nothing, thank you. – Take a nap, why don’t you?
我会 – 再见
I’m going to. – Yeah. Good-bye.
1846年在格拉斯哥出生
“Born in Glasgow in 1846…
然后他被带到纽约去
he was soon after brought to New York.
他住了数年
He resided for several years in the United St…
然后他在布拉福外面 被暴徒袭击
He was attacked by a mob outside the Bram…”
在外面 不是在大堂
Outside. Not in the lobby.
没有巫师的
There are no witches. Not really.
名字是变位词
“The name is an anagram.”
一点都说不通
Now, that really makes sense.
可怜的赫斯
Poor Hutch.
为什么上锁?
What’s with the chain?
什么事?
What’s the matter?
你有没有事?- 我很好
Are you all right? – I’m fine.
谢谢
Oh, thank you.
葬礼怎样?- 不错
How was the funeral? – Okay.
我买♥♥到纽约人汗衣
I got the shirt that was in The New Yorker.
我买♥♥到纽约人汗衣
I got that shirt that was in The New Yorker.
很好 你知道罗曼是什么人吗
That’s nice. Do you know who Roman really is?
你是什么意思?- 他是阿德里马卡托的儿子
What do you mean, honey? – He’s Adrian Marcato’s son.
什么?- 过来
What? – Come here.
我要给你看一些东西
I’m gonna show you something.
罗曼卡斯维是 史蒂芬马卡托的变位字
“Roman Castevet” is “Steven Marcato” rearranged.
赫斯给我的
It’s from Hutch.
你看
Look.
这是他13岁时的样子
And look here. There he is when he was 13.
你看到他的眼睛吗?
See the eyes?
是巧合 – 在相同的房♥子里?
A coincidence. – In the same house?
你看
And look. Look here.
他的儿子史蒂芬
“Soon after that, in August 1886…
在1886年8月出生
his son Steven was born.”
即是他现在79岁
1886. Got it? That makes him 79 now.
那不是巧合
No coincidence.
不会吧
No, I guess not.
他原来是史蒂芬马卡托
He’s Steven Marcato, all right.
他有那么疯狂的父亲
Poor old geezer. With a crazy father like that…
难怪他要改名字
no wonder he switched his name around.
你不认为他是一样吗?
You… You don’t think he’s the same?
你是什么意思?巫师?
What do you mean? A witch?
罗斯 你在说笑吧?
Ro, are you kidding? Oh, Ro, honey.
他的父亲是殉道者
His father was a martyr to it.
你知道他是怎样死去吗?- 现在是1966年
Do you know how he died? – Honey, it’s 1966.
这本书在1933年出版 当时欧洲有巫师聚会
This was published in 1933.
那是他们的名字
There were covens in Europe… that’s what they’re called…
和聚会
the, uh… the congregation…
欧洲 美国 澳洲都有聚会
covens in Europe, in America, and in Australia, and they have one right here.
他们唱歌♥ 吹长笛和诵经
That whole bunch… the parties with the singing and the flute and the chanting…
那些是安息日
those are esbats or sabbaths or whatever they’re called.
别激动
Honey, don’t get excited.
他们在仪式中用血的
Read what they do, Guy! They use blood in their rituals…
最强的是婴儿的血
and the blood that has the most power is baby’s blood.
他们也有用肉
And they don’t just use the blood. They use the flesh too.
我的天
Rosemary, for God sakes!
他们不能再进来
They’re not setting foot in this apartment ever again.
或接近婴儿
And they’re not coming within 50 feet of the baby.
他们是老朋友
They’re old people. They have a bunch of old friends.
尚德医生在播放录音带
Dr. Shand happens to play the recorder.
我不会冒险
I’m not taking any chances with the baby’s safety.
我们会迁出 – 我们不会
We’re gonna sublet and move out. – We are not.
是的 – 我们稍后再谈谈
Oh, yes, we are. – We’ll talk about it later.
你不要再看这个了
And I don’t think you ought to read any more of that.
让我看最后一章 – 今天不行
Just this last chapter. – Not today, honey.
你的手在颤枓 把它给我
Look, your hands are shaking. Now, come on. Give it to me.
你明天会看 – 盖伊
You’ll read it tomorrow. – Guy…
把它给我
I mean it, now. Give it to me.
很棒
Fantastic. Absolutely fantastic.
名字是什么?马查托?- 马卡托
What’d you say the name was? Machado? – Marcato.
他说他的父亲是进口商
Fantastic. I think he told me once his father was a coffee importer.
他告诉盖伊他是制片商
He told Guy he was a producer.
我明白你有多不安
I understand how disturbed you must be to have him for a close neighbor.
我不想和他或美妮有任何瓜葛
I don’t want anything more to do with him. Or Minnie.
我绝对不能冒险
I can’t take the slightest chance where the baby’s safety is concerned.
当然
Absolutely.
任何母亲都会有同样的感觉
Any mother would feel the same way.
有没有可能
Is there any chance at all that maybe…
美妮会在那些饮料或小蛋糕里放有害的东西吗?
Minnie put something harmful in those drinks or those little cakes?
不 否则我会见到证据
No, Rosemary. I’d have seen evidence of it long ago.
我不会再接受他们的东西 – 你也不应该
I won’t take anything else from her. – You won’t have to.
我可以给你一些维他命丸
I can give you some pills that’ll be adequate these last few weeks.
这也许能
In a way, this may be…
解决美妮和罗曼的问题
the answer to Minnie and Roman’s problem too.
你是什么意思?- 罗曼病危
What do you mean? – Roman’s very ill.
事实上
In fact, confidentially…
他只有一至两个月命
he has no more than a month or two left.
我没了主意 – 他想探访他喜欢的城市
I had no idea. – He wanted to pay a last visit to a few of his favorite cities.
他们不想在孩子出生前离开
They didn’t want to offend you by leaving before the baby’s birth.
我很遗憾
I’m sorry to hear that Roman isn’t well.
如果他知道你发现了 他会很尴尬
He’d be extremely embarrassed if he knew what you found out.
我会叫他在周日离开
Suppose we do this: I’ll tell them to leave on Sunday.
我会告诉他我和你谈过