只是为了感受刺♥激♥ 经历和危险
for the experience, the excitement, the danger.
但是现在真的来做 这事的话有点难,你觉得呢?
But it would be slightly more difficult to pull off now, though, don’t you think ?
– 哦,你找到法子 – 怎么做?
Ah, you’d find a way. How ?
我的意思是 假设你是我的话
I mean, suppose you were I.
你该如何除掉戴维?
How would you get David out of the way ?
你干这个比我在行了 你会怎么做?
You’re much better at this than I am. What would you do?
如果我想除掉戴维的话
Well, if I wanted to get rid of David,
我会约他来俱乐部 或是安静的酒吧喝下酒
I’d invite him for a drink at the club or some quiet bar,
或是邀请他来这里
or better still, I’d invite him here.
这样就没有人看到我们 在一起了,很好,没有目击者
Then no one would see us together. That’s good. And no witnesses.
– 是的没错 – 然后呢?
Yes, that’s right. Then what ?
然后
Well- –
然后,我想想
Well, let me see.
在约定的时间里 戴维会来这
At the appointed time, David would arrive.
我会走出房♥间见他
I’d walk slowly out of the room into the hall.
我会欢迎他 告诉他看起来很好…
I’d greet him, tell him how fine he’s looking and so forth…
然后,拿走他的帽子
and, uh, take his hat.
然后带他来这里
Then I’d bring him in here,
跟他聊下天让他放松
make some small talk to put him at his ease,
也许倒杯酒给他
probably offer him a drink…
– 然后他坐下来 – 椄着?
and then he’d sit down. [ Brandon ] Yes ?
我会尽量让 他觉得很舒服的
I’d try to make it all very pleasant, you understand.
菲利普也许会在弹钢琴
Phillip would probably play the piano.
据我所知,戴维挺强壮的
Now, as I recall, David was quite strong.
要把他敲晕
He’d have to be knocked out.
所以我会悄悄地走到椅子 后面然后用东西砸他的头
So I’d move quietly around behind the chair and hit him on the head with something.
他的尸体就会向前倒在地上
His body would fall forward on the floor.
然后呢? 你会把他放哪里?
[ Brandon ] Then where would you put him ?

Well, uh- –
让我想想
Well, let me see.
我想我会要菲利普 帮我把他搬出去
Well, I think I’d get Phillip to help me carry him out of the room,
下楼梯,放到车里
down the back stairs, and the two of us would put him into the car.
– 你都看到了 – 什么?
You’d be seen. What ?
你说要是什么事发生的话
You said that if anything did happen,
也是白天发生的
it must have happened in broad daylight.
对,我忘了这点
That’s right. I’d forgotten.
我在黑夜来之前 找地方藏起来
I’d find someplace to hide the body until dark.
– 没错,可是你要放哪里呢? – 对
Yes, you would, but where, Rupert ? Yes.
对,放哪里?
Yes, where ?
猫和老鼠! 猫和老鼠!菲利普
Cat and mouse ! Cat and mouse ! Phillip.
– 谁是猫谁是老鼠? – 够了
Which is the cat and which is the mouse ? That’s enough.
– 管你自己的事好了 – 够了,菲利普
Mind your own business. That’s enough, Phillip.
我告诉过你的 管你自己的事好了
I told you before, mind your own business !
– 这不是我的事 – 我不是他的保姆
It really isn’t any of my business. I’m not his keeper.
看他的情况
Uh, with him in this condition, though,
茹伯特,你再呆下去 也没有什么意思了
there doesn’t seem to be much point in your staying, Rupert.
那就是说,除非你回来…
That is, unless you came back…
不是为了你的烟盒
to find something besides your cigarette case.
你是指,例如 为了查出你真的除掉戴维
You mean, for example, to find if you really got rid of David.
– 是的,我就是这个意思 – 哦,你跟珍妮一样浪漫
Yes, that’s what I mean. Oh, you’re as romantic as Janet.
我不认为你绑♥架♥了戴维
I don’t think you kidnapped David.
我知道我有点受珍妮影响 但是我从没提到这…
I admit Janet put the notion in my head, but I never would have mentioned it…
你是不是怕让我知道真♥相♥?
if it weren’t that you seem to be carrying fear of discovery in your pocket.
– 什么? – 那是只枪,对吗?
What ? That’s a gun, isn’t it ?

[ Laughing ] Oh.
这更加引起我猜疑了 告诉你吧
That teased my suspicions more than anything else, and to tell you the truth,
– 这真令我有点怕 – 很抱歉,茹伯特
it really scares me a little. I’m terribly sorry, Rupert.
我没有责怪你,但是,这里
I don’t blame you, but- – Well, here.
你可以放松点 我打算带这个出门的
You can relax. I have to take it up to the country.
那里有劫案 妈妈有点担心
There’ve been several burglars, and Mother’s a bit on edge.
– 哦,没讲完呢,菲利普? – 好了
Uh, finished, Phillip ? [ Phillip ] All right.
你听到茹伯特 怎么说那枪的吗?
[ Brandon ] Did you hear what Rupert said about the gun ?
他以为
He thought- – [ Laughing ]
人能把小小的事情 上升到恐怖事件也真行
It’s odd the way one can pyramid simple facts into wild fantasies.
我们是这么想的 对不,菲利普?没错
[ Brandon ] We all do it, don’t we, Phillip ? [ Phillip ] Yes.
尤其是喝了酒后 你呢,茹伯特?
[ Brandon ] Particularly after a few drinks. Uh, how is yours, Rupert ?
我想我该走了
I think I’ll be running along.
菲利普,如果你去 外头的话,感觉会好点
[ Brandon ] Phillip, you’ll feel better once you get out in the air.
我不这么认为 我们该过得好点
I don’t think there’ll be much traffic. We ought to make good time.
夜色很美.开车更好
It’s a lovely night. You’ll be driving up in good weather.
我希望我能和你一起去 应该会很令人兴奋的
I almost wish I were going with you. It might be rather exciting.
晚上开车就是这样
Driving at night always is,
但是现在和你跟 菲利普一起开车的话…
but driving with you and Phillip now…
则会令人起疑心的
might have an additional element of, uh, suspense.
你说的没错 那些书绑得很差
You were right, Phillip. Those books were tied clumsily.
– 他知道!他知道! – 菲利普
He’s got it. He’s got it ! Phillip.
他知道.他知道.他知道
He knows. He knows. He knows.
– 好了,放松点.我来处理 – 你才不呢
All right, easy. I’ll take care of it. No, you won’t.
我杀你易如反掌.更容易
I’d just as soon kill you as kill him. Sooner !
这就是你要的,要别人知道
This is what you wanted: somebody else to know.
让别人看看你多聪明 就像在学校里一样
Somebody else to see how brilliant you are, just like at school.
我告诉你他会知道的 而你还让他来
I told you he’d find out, but you had to have him here.
– 闭嘴! – 不,你让我做的,我恨你.我恨
Shut up ! No ! You made me do it, and I hate you. I hate both- –
讨厌的醉鬼
[ Brandon ] Stupid babbling drunk.
– 对不起,茹伯特 – 没事了
I’m sorry, Rupert. It’s all right.
没事了.如果你真的 想杀的话,不会射不准的
It’s all right. If you really want to kill, you don’t miss,
– 我不在那范围里 – 当然他不是真的想杀你
not at that range. Of course he didn’t want to kill you.
他不知道自己在说什么 自己在做什么
He didn’t know what he was doing, any more than he knew what he was saying.
他快成酒鬼了,茹伯特
He’s becoming an alcoholic, Rupert- –
布兰登,你站在那里好吗?
Brandon, will you step over there, please ?
菲利普喝醉了,茹伯特
Phillip’s drunk, Rupert.
你当然不会把那些话当真
Surely you don’t take those nightmare ideas seriously- –
布兰登,布兰登,我累了
Brandon. Brandon, I’m tired.
同时,我也觉得很吃惊 但是我不想在废话了
And in a way, I’m frightened too, but I don’t want to fence any more.
– 你打算做什么? – 我不想
What are you going to do ? I don’t want to,
但是我要看下那个箱子
but I’m gonna look inside that chest.
你疯了吗?我也希望是 我真的希望我是疯了
Are you crazy ? I hope so. With all my heart, I hope I’m crazy.
– 这跟你无关 – 我要看下那个箱子
This has nothing to do with you. I’ve got to look inside that chest.
好啊!你看!
All right ! Go ahead and look.
我希望你会 满意你所看到的
I hope you like what you see.
哦,不,不!
Oh, no. No !
– 茹伯特 – 我不相信这是真的
Rupert- – I couldn’t believe it was true.
– 茹伯特,求你了 – 求我什么?
Rupert, please- – Please what ?
– 听我说.我解释给你听 – 你觉得你能解释得清?
Listen to me. Let me explain. Do you think you can explain that ?
是的,对于你可以 因为你能理解理解?
Yes, to you I can, because you’ll understand. Understand ?
茹伯特,记得我们和 肯特里先生讨论的话吗?记得
Rupert, remember the discussion we had before with Mr. Kentley ? Yes.
记得我们说 “低等人的生命无关紧要”?
Remember we said, ”the lives of inferior beings are unimportant” ?
记得我们说,我们常说
Remember we said- – we’ve always said, you and I- –
好与坏,对与错的道德观念
that moral concepts of good and evil and right and wrong…
不适用于聪明的上等人?
don’t hold for the intellectually superior.
– 记得吧,茹伯特? – 是的
Remember, Rupert ? Yes, I remember.
这就是我们做的事 我和菲利普做的事
That’s all we’ve done. That’s all Phillip and I have done.
他和我过着 你和我讨论的生活
He and I have lived what you and I have talked.
我知道你明白的 因为你必须明白的.你必须要
I knew you’d understand, because you have to, don’t you see ? You have to.
布兰登
Brandon- –
布兰登,直到这一刻为止
Brandon, till this very moment,
这个世界和这个世界的人
this world and the people in it…
对我来说都是 黑暗和不可理喻的
have always been dark and incomprehensible to me,
我曾试着用我的逻辑 开辟另一条思路…
and I’ve tried to clear my way with logic…
还有赞同高等人的聪明
and superior intellect.
而你让我搬石头 砸自己的脚,布兰登
And you’ve thrown my own words right back in my face, Brandon.
你事对的.如果没有别的事 一个人该坚持他说过的话
You were right to. If nothing else, a man should stand by his words.
但是你让我的话 有了前所未有的意义
But you’ve given my words a meaning that I never dreamed of !
你扭曲他们…
And you’ve tried to twist them…
使他们成为你 罪恶的谋杀的借口
into a cold, logical excuse for your ugly murder !
哦,他们不是的.布兰登
Well, they never were that, Brandon,
你不能这样做
and you can’t make them that.
应该是有什么东西 从一开始就令你…
There must have been something deep inside you from the very start…
这么做
that let you do this thing,
但是我的内心深处 不会让我这么做…
but there’s always been something deep inside me that would never let me do it…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!