不,我一点也不喜欢
No, I didn’t like it one bit.
有你的那些灵气 他会破坏所有事情的
He’ll ruin everything with your neat little touches.
安静点.威尔逊太太在这
Be quiet. Mrs. Wilson’s still here.
– 想喝醉吗? – 我本来就醉了
Determined to get drunk, aren’t you ? I am drunk.
当你说我是个 说谎鬼时一样的孩子气
And just as childish as you were before when you called me a liar.
你干嘛要说那个故事? 你干嘛要撒谎?
You had no business telling that story. Why did you lie ?
– 我不得不 – 你知道别人会怎么想吗?
I had to. Have you ever bothered to understand how someone else might feel ?
我不是很多愁善感.我不是 这个意思,但是也没有关系了
I’m not sentimental. That’s not what I mean, but it doesn’t matter.
没关系,除了 布兰登喜欢这宴会外
Nothing matters, except that Mr. Brandon liked the party.
布兰登举♥行♥的宴会
Mr. Brandon gave the party.
布兰登有个开心的夜晚
Mr. Brandon had a delightful evening.
哼,我有个糟糕的夜晚
Well, I had a rotten evening.
继续喝下去 你会觉得更糟糕
Keep drinking and you’ll have a worse morning.
除非我来个宿醉,这样更好
At least if I have a hangover, it’ll be all mine.
你- 你知道吗,我一直在想
Y- You know, Phillip, I’ve been thinking.
当一切完结后我们 该有个真正的假期
We deserve a real holiday after it’s all over.
当然,我们得回来 这里几天.不然的话
Of course, we should come back here for a few days. Otherwise, it might look- –
我一直在祈求我睡醒来 然后一切都没有发生为什么?
I’ve been praying I’d wake up and find we hadn’t done it yet. But why ?
我怕死,布兰登 我想我们会被别人抓起来
I’m scared to death, Brandon. I think we’re going to get caught.
– 哦,没有可能.没有可能 – 为什么
Oh, there’s not a chance, not any more. Why, we’re pra- –
是你吗?威尔逊太太?
[ Door Opening, Footsteps ] Is that you, Mrs. Wilson ?
是的,我得有把钥匙明天用
Yes. I’ll need a key to get in in the morning…
– 如果你打算今晚开车走的话 – 哦,我们就走了
if you’re still driving up to the farm tonight. Oh, we’re driving up.
– 你们俩看上去脸色不是很好 – 哦,谢谢
You don’t look well, either one of you. Oh, thanks.
我该休息下
I could do with a rest myself,
但是我想你们俩 又会变瘦的我们会的
but I want both of you to come back in tip- top shape. We will.
好了我走了.玩得开心点 别忘了给我写信
Well, I’m off. Enjoy yourselves. Don’t forget to write.
还有要注意下 你那些P和Q的拼写 嗯
And mind your P’s and Q’s. Mm- hm.
– 你打电♥话♥给谁? – 车♥库♥
Who are you calling ? Only the garage.
你好,我是布兰登.沙
Hello ? This is Mr. Brandon Shaw.
你能送我的车过来吗? 现在.谢谢
Would you send my car around, please ? Yes, right away. Thank you.
我们…最好把窗帘拉上
We’d… better draw the curtains.
谁?布兰登,是谁?
[ Phone Ringing ] Who’s that ? Brandon, who’s that ?
也许是车房♥的人,你椄
Probably the garage man. Answer it.
没有那么快到吧?
There hasn’t been time for him to get here.
– 也许威尔逊太太忘了东西.你椄 – 布兰登
Maybe Mrs. Wilson forgot something. Answer it. Brandon,
我们难道不能装做我们不在?
couldn’t we pretend we’re not home ?
– 开着灯人不在? – 椄,菲利普
With all these lights on ? Answer it, Phillip.
谁?
Who is it ?
– 布兰登…布兰登,是茹伯特 – 什么?
Brandon… Brandon, it’s Rupert. What ?
他说他落了个烟盒在这 他要上来
He says he left a cigarette case here. He wants to come up.
好吧,让他上了可是你知道 他在骗人.他上来调查的!
Well, let him come. But you know he’s lying ! He’s caught on !
– 回去椄电♥话♥ – 我不!
Get back to that phone. I won’t.
– 回去椄 – 不,我不能
Get back to that phone. Brandon, I can’t.
– 你必须去 – 不!他什么都知道!
You’ve got to. No ! He knows !
闭嘴
Shut up.
茹伯特?上来吧
Rupert? Come on up.
不,当然不 他只是有点紧张
No, uh, course not. He’s just a little tight.
不,但是我们很快会找到的
No, but we’ll find it in no time.
好
Right.
菲利普…菲利普,听我说
Phillip… Phillip, listen to me.
茹伯特现在上来 你最好表现自然点
Rupert’s on his way up now, and you’ve got to pull yourself together.
菲利普,听到我说话了吗?
Phillip, did you hear me ?
来吧,如果你 必须喝多杯酒的话
Come on, have another drink if you must,
但是要表现自然,不要开口
but get hold of yourself and keep your mouth shut.
只要5分钟就了结了
It’ll be over in five minutes.
我不知道,要是茹伯特知道什么 东西的话,我可以向你保证…
I don’t know how much, if anything, Rupert knows, but I promise you…
他5分钟后就会离开 怎样都得走
he’ll be out of here in five minutes, one way or the other.
菲利普,那5分钟里
Phillip, for those five minutes,
– 你要表现自然 – 布兰登,布兰登
you’ve got to pull yourself together. Brandon, Brandon- –
瞧,我不打算被人捉走…
Now look, I’m not going to get caught…
不会因为你或是其他人
because of you or anyone else.
没人能挡我的路
No one is going to get in my way now.
布兰登,那没上档的吧?
Brandon, it’s not loaded, is it ?
– 不好意思打搅了 – 没关系,请进
[ Rupert ] Sorry to bother you, Brandon. It’s no bother. Come in.
我知道你今晚就走了
I knew you were leaving tonight.
我不想落下我的烟盒 你好,菲利普你好
I didn’t want to be left without my case. Hello, Phillip. Hello.
– 我不是想吓你的 – 你没吓到他
I didn’t mean to alarm you before. You didn’t alarm him.
菲利普今晚有点反常 哦,我想
Phillip’s a little antisocial tonight. Oh ? I thought- –
– 你知道你的烟盒放哪里吗? – 我不记得了
Any idea where you left the case ? No, none at all.
我不应该忘记的,对不?
Completely unlike me to forget it, isn’t it ?
我想心理学家能 告诉我我并没有忘记
I suppose a psychoanalyst would say that I didn’t really forget it at all.
我潜意识的落下 它是因为我想回来
I unconsciously left it because I wanted to come back.
但是,我为什么想回来呢?
But, uh, why should I want to come back ?
是呀,为什么?因为有 你们相伴或是想喝多杯酒
Yes, why ? For the pleasure of our company or another drink.
– 好主意.我能喝一杯吗? – 当然
That’s a good idea. May I have one for the road ? Of course.
一小杯?不,我想大杯点 如果你不介意的话
A short one ? No, I’d prefer a long one if you don’t mind.
菲利普,你给茹伯特 倒杯酒如何?让我想想
Phillip, will you fix Rupert a drink ? Now let me see.
我最后看到那烟盒是…
The last I remember having the case…
我在这里的时候
was when I was there.
我那时刚想帮 威尔逊太太打开这箱子
I was just going to open the chest for Mrs. Wilson when you came over.
然后呢?
And then what ?
我想想
I think I, uh- –
可能在这.哦,它在这
Wonder where it could be. Oh, well, here it is right where I left it.
绅士们,不好意思
Gentlemen, I beg your pardon. I’m very sorry.
我,嗯
I, uh- –
– 我能再来一杯吗? – 当然
Well, may I have that drink anyway ? Of course.
– 你真的不介意? – 不,我们干嘛要介意呢?
You really don’t mind ? No. Why should we ?
– 哦,你有点 – 什么?
Well, you might be- – What ?
累了.你确定没什么事吧? – 他说你可以的
Tired. You’re sure it’s all right ? He said you could have it.
– 谢谢 – 别理菲利普.我想他喝多了
Thank you. Don’t mind Phillip. I’m afraid he’s had a few too many.
哦,干嘛不呢? 毕竟这是个宴会
Well, why not ? Why not ? After all, it was a party.
哦,坐在这里喝美酒 有你们相伴真是享受
Well, it’s very pleasant to sit here with a good drink and good company.
我很高兴
I’m glad.
– 别让我那样 – 怎样?
Please don’t let me be in the way. Of what ?
– 我知道你们有事要做 – 你这话是什么意思?
I know you have things to do. What do you mean ?
收拾东西 收拾零零星星的东西
Packing, last- minute odds and ends.
– 你们今晚就去康涅狄格,不是吗? – 是的,不过我们收拾好了
You are driving to Connecticut tonight, aren’t you ? Yes, but we’re all packed.
哦,都准备好了
Oh, I see. All ready.
除了一个客人必须走了
All except one guest, who must be gotten rid of.
哦,我要走了…
Well, I’ll be off…
喝完这杯酒吧
as, uh, as soon as I finish my drink.
别急,茹伯特
There’s no need to hurry, Rupert.
谢谢.我想留久点
Thank you. I, uh, would like to stay a bit.
也许送你们走
Perhaps even see you off.
我向来不喜欢宴会结束
I always hate to leave a party,
尤其是令人兴奋的夜晚
especially when the evening has been unusually stimulating…
例如奇怪的今晚
or strange, like this evening.
“奇怪”是什么意思?
What do you mean, ”strange” ?
我说“奇怪”了吗?
Did I say ”strange,” Brandon ?
你老是选词看音不看意思
You often pick words for sound rather than meaning.
我不知道我自己在说什么
I don’t exactly know what I meant…
除了我知道我在想戴维外
unless I was thinking about David.
– 戴维怎么了? – 他没来
What was strange about David ? His not showing up.
你不觉得他该是出了意外吗?
You don’t think anything really did happen to him ?
有可能吗?他也许是 车祸了或是被绑♥架♥了
What could have ? He could have been run over or held up.
– 大白天的? – 是的.我忘了
In broad daylight ? That’s right. I’d forgotten.
没错,应该是大白天时发生的
Yes, it must have been broad daylight when it happened.
什么时候,发生什么事?
When, uh, what happened ?
任何发生在戴维身上的事
When whatever did happen to David.
也许什么事也没
Nothing, probably.
言归正传,他在哪里?
Still, where is he ?
– 你看呢? – 我?
What’s your theory ? Mine ?
我想他在珍妮那
I was considering Janet’s for the moment.
– 哦?我可不这么想 – 你是这么想的
Oh ? I didn’t know she had one. Yes, you do.
我忍♥不住偷听珍妮说话
I couldn’t help overhearing Janet.
她认为是你绑♥架♥了戴维 或者令他不能来
She thinks you kidnapped David, or did something to prevent him from coming.
我才对珍妮的胡话没兴趣呢 但是你常对我感兴趣,茹伯特
I’m not interested in Janet’s prattle, but you always interest me, Rupert.
你认为我“绑♥架♥”了戴维?
Do you think I, uh, ”kidnapped” David ?
你在学校时常做这种恶作剧…
It’s the sort of mischief that would have appealed to you in school…