我从没扼死一只鸡过 这你知道的
I never strangled a chicken, and you know it.
对不起 可是我觉得很好笑…
[Janet Laughing ] Forgive me, but it seemed very funny…
你们两对那只 死了的鸡也太认真了
you two being so intense about an old, dead chicken.
[布兰登]对不起 我们太荒谬太失礼了
[ Brandon ] Sorry. We were ridiculous and very rude.
我替我们两个 还有那故事道歉
I apologize for both of us and the story.
好了!
Well !
– 故事完了? – 是的,茹伯特
Is it all over ? I’m afraid so, Rupert.
噢,真可惜,眼看你们 就要互相掐对方的脖子了…
Oh, what a pity. In another moment, you might have been strangling each other…
– 而不是掐鸡的脖子 – 卡特先生说的没错!
instead of a chicken. [ Mrs. Atwater ] Mr. Cadell, really!
但是一个男人的 尊严可有危险了
But a man’s honor was at stake.
我个人认为 那只鸡是谋杀的藉口
Personally, I think a chicken is as good a reason for murder…
就如一个金发美女 一张铺满金币的床
as a blonde, a mattress full of dollar bills,
以及那些常见的 毫无创造力的理由
or any of the customary, unimaginative reasons.
你不是真的赞同谋杀吧 茹伯特,如果我是的话
You don’t really approve of murder, Rupert, if I may.
我会赞同的 想想那能解决的问题
You may, and I do. Think of the problems it would solve:
失业,贫穷,排队买♥♥票
unemployment, poverty, standing in line for theatre tickets.
我得承认 排队买♥♥新的歌♥剧票…
I must say, I’ve had a perfectly dreadful time…
可真够辛苦的 那歌♥剧叫什么来的?
getting tickets for that new musical, what’s it called ?
你知道的. “某事”是她的名字
You know. ”The Something,” with what’s her name ?
我亲爱的阿特沃特夫人 辛苦的排队…
My dear Mrs. Atwater, careful application of the trigger finger…
就是为了买♥♥到第一行的票
and a pair of seats in the first row is yours for the shooting.
你去那个铺着天鹅绒的 餐厅没什么困难吧?
Have you had any difficulty getting into our velvet rope restaurants ?
– 太可怕了! – 很简单的事
Frightful ! A very simple matter.
夫人,用把刀
A flick of the knife, madam,
然后前进
and if you’ll kindly step this way- –
踏在服务生的身上走过去
Oh, no, step over the head waiter’s body.
谢谢你,这是您的位子
Thank you, and here’s your table.
茹伯特,够了
[Janet ] Rupert, you’re the end.
有一个酒店服务生 我想对他动刀子的
[ Kenneth ] There’s a hotel clerk I could flick a knife at!
噢,不.刀不适合 用在酒店服务生上
Oh, no, sorry. Knives may not be used on hotel employees.
应该是“折磨而死”
The are in the ”death by slow torture” category, Oh.
包括那些爱鸟的人 小孩,还有舞蹈演员
along with bird lovers, small children, and tap dancers.
房♥东肯定另当别论
Landlords, of course, are another matter.
你在找房♥子吗? 打电♥话♥给萨丝.维特小姐…
You seeking an apartment ? Call on our Miss Sash Weight…
她是卖♥♥五金的
of the blunt instrument department.
真是个好主意!
What a divine idea !
如果这符合你的想法,只需
If it suits your purpose, merely- –
但是那样的话 我们会杀掉对方的噢,不
But then we’d all be murdering each other. Oh, no.
毕竟,谋杀是 或应该是一种艺术
After all, murder is, or should be, an art;
不是七♥宗♥罪♥之一 但总算是一种艺术
not one of the seven lively, perhaps, but an art nevertheless.
这样的话 谋杀的权利该留给…
As such, the privilege of committing it should be reserved…
留给那些高等人
for those few who are really superior individuals.
而那些受害人,他们 这些低等人的命不值什么
And the victims, inferior beings whose lives are unimportant anyway.
小心你的话 我不喜欢那些很偏激的人…
[ Rupert ] Obviously. Mind you, I don’t hold with the extremists…
那些认为该有 一年该有杀戮季节的人
who feel there should be open season for murder all year round.
事实上,我个人喜欢…
No, personally, I would prefer to have…
– 来个“喉周” – 噢
”Cut a Throat Week.” Oh.
或是“扼杀节”
Or ”Strangulation Day.” [ Mumbling ]
也许我老了 但是我觉得…
Probably a symptom of approaching senility, but I must confess…
我真的不欣赏这种可怕的 幽默,这些幽默是无意识的
I really don’t appreciate this morbid humor. The humor was unintentional.
– 你不是对这些东西认真吧? – 看来他是
You’re not serious about these theories. Of course he is.
– 你们别开玩笑了 – 你怎么这么想?
You’re both pulling my leg. Why do you think that ?
你们说的什么谋杀 是某些高等人可以做的艺术
The notion that murder is an art which a few superior beings should be allowed to practice- –
一年里都可以!
[ Rupert ] In season !
– 现在我知道你不是认真的了 – 可是我是认真的
Now I know you’re not serious. But I am.
我是个很严肃的人 我可以问一下
I’m a very serious fellow. Then may I ask,
那谁来决定谁是低等人 谁是适合被人谋杀的人呢?
who is to decide if a human is inferior, and therefore a suitable victim for murder ?
– 谁是那些谋杀别人的人呢? – 他们该是谁?
The few who are privileged to commit murder. Who might they be ?
噢,像我,菲利普
Oh, myself, Phillip,
也许茹伯特也可以
possibly Rupert.
肯尼思,真可惜,没算上你
[ Rupert ] I’m sorry, Kenneth, you’re out.
– 先生们,我是认真的 – 我们也是
Gentlemen, I’m serious. So are we.
那小部分的人就是那些 聪明并且在文化上过人的人…
The few are those men of such intellectual and cultural superiority…
他们超乎了 传统的道德理念
that they’re above the traditional moral concepts.
好与坏 对与错是适用于普通人
Good and evil, right and wrong were invented for the average man;
特别是低等人 因为他需要这些
the inferior man, because he needs them.
你同意纳粹的观点和他的 超人理论是的,我同意
You agree with Nietzsche and his theory of the superman. Yes, I do.
– 希♥特♥勒♥也同意 – 希♥特♥勒♥是个偏执狂
So did Hitler. Hitler was a paranoiac savage.
所有的法♥西♥斯♥者都是没有 脑的刽子手.我会绞死他们
All fascist supermen were brainless murderers. I’d hang any who were left.
但是,如你所见,我绞死 他们是因为他们是笨蛋
But then, you see, I’d hang them first for being stupid.
我很想绞死所有低能儿和笨蛋 这个世界上太多这样的人了
I’d hang all incompetents and fools. There are far too many in the world.
那你该绞死我.我这么笨 我不知道你是不是认真的
Then you should hang me. I’m so stupid, I don’t know whether you’re serious or not.
我不想再听你说 任何关于人的观点了
In any case, I’d rather not hear any more of your… contempt for humanity,
还有你对这个我认为 早已文明进化了的社会的看法
and for the standards of a world that I believe is civilized.
– 文明进化? – 没错
Civilized ? Yes.
– “文明世界”只是伪善的 – 也许
”Civilization” is hypocrisy. Perhaps.
好了,我相信茹伯特够聪明 可以现在,先生们
– Well, I’m sure Rupert has the intelligence- – – Now, gentlemen- –
够了,布兰登,我们听够了
Please, Brandon, we’ve had just about enough !
菲利普,你拿出来 给肯特里先生的书呢?
Phillip, where did you put those books you set out for Mr. Kentley ?
– 如果可以的话,我想看看 – 没问题,在餐厅里
I’d like to see them myself, if I may. Of course. They’re in the dining room.
肯特里先生 您现在看下书如何?
Mr. Kentley, wouldn’t you like to see the books now ?
我很抱歉,对不起了
[ Brandon ] I apologize, sir, again.
我想我说的太过分了
I’m afraid I let myself get carried away.
没事,孩子
That’s quite all right, my boy.
我想那是很好的作品集,第一版
I think it’s a good collection, the first editions, I mean.
– 是的,我想看看 – 我能用下电♥话♥吗?
Yes, I’d like to see them. May I use the telephone ?
我想打个电♥话♥给戴维 也许她有话要告诉他
I’d like to talk to my wife. She may have some word of David.
没问题.这边
[ Phillip ] Of course. It’s this way.
– 噢,布兰登 – 嗯
Uh, Brandon ? Yes.
你太激动了
You were pushing your point rather hard.
你该不会有机会 就拿那些低等人试试吧
You aren’t planning to do away with a few inferiors, by chance ?
– 我是幻想的怪物.难说呀 – 噢,我知道了
I’m a creature of whim. Who knows ? Oh, I see.
我想他一定是天蠍座
[Janet ] I think he’s definitely Scorpio.
呃,阿特沃特太太 您想看下这些书吗?
Uh, Mrs. Atwater, wouldn’t you like to see the books ?
噢,我想
Oh, I’d love it.
你知道吗?我做 小女孩的时候读很多书的
Do you know, when I was a girl, I used to read quite a bit.
我们小时候老做怪事的
We all do strange things in our childhood.
肯尼思,干嘛不开 收音机或是放点音乐?
Kenneth, why don’t you switch on the radio or play some records ?
这样气氛好点
A little atmospheric music goes a long way.
他就是个狡猾的坏家伙,不是吗?
He is such a sly, little devil, isn’t he ?
用美妙的音乐调节气氛
[ Record ] Bringing us back together again with sweet music !
别上他的当 他老是这么做
Don’t let it get you. He’s always doing something like this.
– 我去别的房♥间 – 看书吗?
I’m going in the other room. To see the books ?
不,只是让布兰登看到我
No, to let Brandon see me.
– 你介意他怎么看? – 我知道他怎么想!
Do you care what he thinks ? I know what he thinks !
他以为我抛弃 你是因为戴维更有钱
He thinks I threw you over because David has a bigger bank account.
那样的话 你干嘛要过去?
Then, why do you go ?
因为
Because- –
因为我跟你 呆在这里我觉得很尴尬
Because I’m embarrassed at being here with you.
噢,珍妮!
Oh,Janet !
– 没想到吧? – 坦白说?没有
Never thought I could be, did you ? Honestly ? No.
事实上我是 我也不喜欢这样
Well, I am and I don’t like it one bit.
我想你也有尴尬的权利
I should think you’d have the decency to be embarrassed yourself.
– 为什么? – 嗯
Why ? Well- –
是你抛弃我的,记得吗?
You threw me over, chum, remember ?
布兰登不是 挺喜欢听到这的吗?
My, wouldn’t friend Brandon love to know that ?
– 怎么了? – 没什么,我只是在想一些事
What’s the matter ? Nothing. I’m just thinking.
你觉得女性的空虚感如何?
What about ? Female vanity.
同时,我也因为 其他东西而尴尬
Well, I’m also embarrassed because- –
继续
Go on.
嗯,你和戴维曾经是好朋友
Well, you and David used to be such good friends.
都是因为我 你们现在才没有在一起
You’re not and it’s my fault.
– 我真笨 – 不,你不
I’m such an idiot girl. No, you’re not.
那我肯定是在模仿别人
Then I’m certainly giving a good imitation of one.
为什么我和别人在一起时老是 装得很聪明在戴维面前却不行?
Why must I try and be so smart with everyone but David ?
你也取笑戴维吗?
Don’t you kid with David too ?
我跟戴维在一起时 很轻松,全因为你
I relax with David, thanks to you.
– 我? – 没错
To me ? Yes.
那- 那哈佛严寒的周日
That- – That grim Sunday at Harvard,
当你打电♥话♥说要分手时
when you called it quits,

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!