O fortune, fortune!
命运啊 命运
Be fickle, fortune.
要善变一些
For then I hope thou wilt not keep him long, but send him back.
愿你不要把他久留 让他回来
Thou hast a careful father, child.
你父亲很关心你
One who, to put thee from thy heaviness…
他为了让你开心…
hath sorted out a sudden day ofjoy…
已经给你选好日子…
which thou expect’st not, nor I looked not for.
你会很意外 就是我也没想到
Madam, in happy time. What day is that?
妈 什么好日子?
Marry, my child, early next Thursday morn…
大喜的日子 星期四一早…
the gallant, young, and noble gentleman, Sir Paris…
年轻高贵的派里斯…
at St Peter’s Church, shall happily make thee there a joyful bride.
要在圣彼得教堂跟你完婚
Now, by St Peter’s Church and Peter too…
以教堂和圣徒彼得为名…
he shall not make me there ajoyful bride!
他不能娶我为妻
Here comes your father. Tell him so yourself.
你父亲来了 你自己跟他说
How now, wife?
怎么样?
Have you delivered to her our decree?
我们的决定说了没有?
Ay, sir.
说了
But she will none, she gives you thanks.
但她不要 她说谢谢了
I would the fool were married to her grave.
一辈子别嫁算了
How?
怎么啦?
Will she none?
她不听话?
Is she not proud?
她还不满意吗?
Doth she not count her blest, unworthy as she is…
我们替她找到如此对象…
that we have wrought so worthy a gentleman to be her bride?
她不觉得幸运?
Not proud you have, but thankful that you have.
不满意 但很感谢你们
Proud can I never be of what I hate!
我对他永不能满意
Thank me no thankings, nor proud me no prouds!
不必感谢 也不必满意
But fettle your fine joints ‘gainst Thursday next!
你准备嫁人就是了
Hear me with patience but to speak a word!
听我说一句话
No!
住手!
Fie, fie! Stop it!
别这样!
Speak not! Reply not! Do not answer me!
不要说! 不准你回嘴!
Husband, are you mad?
你疯啦?
Hang thee, young baggage! Disobedient wretch!
不识相! 没用的东西!
God in heaven bless her! You are to blame, my lord, to rate her so!
上帝保佑 你这样待她是不对的
Peace, you mumbling fool!
住嘴! 你这傻瓜
I tell thee what.
我告诉你
Get thee to church o’ Thursday…
你星期四结婚…
or never after look me in the face!
否则就别再认我
An you be mine, I’ll give you to my friend.
你是我女儿 就听我的话
An you be not, hang, beg, starve…
不听的话 就滚到街上挨饿去…
die in the streets!
死在街上好了
Trust to ‘t. Bethink you.
你自己考虑清楚
I’ll not be forsworn!
我这人说话算话
O sweet my mother, cast me not away!
妈妈 别把我嫁出去
Delay this marriage for a month, a week.
下个月再说 下星期
Or, if you do not…
否则 我的喜床…
make the bridal bed in that dim monument where Tybalt lies.
就是泰波安葬的地方
Talk not to me…
别跟我说话…
for I’ll not speak a word.
我什么也不想说
Do as thou wilt, for I have done with thee.
随你爱怎么样 我不管你了
O God!
天啊!
O Nurse, how shall this be prevented?
奶妈 这下我怎么办?
What say’st thou? Hast thou not a word ofjoy? Some comfort, Nurse!
怎么办? 你都没法安慰我吗?
Faith, here it is.
有 你要有信心
I think it best you marry with this Paris.
我想你最好是嫁给派里斯
O he’s a lovely gentleman.
他是个翩翩君子
I think you are happy in this second match…
我想你嫁给他会比较快活…
for it excels your first.
好过前一次婚姻
Or, if it did not…
即使没比较好…
your first is dead.
前一个已经死了
Or ’twere as good he were…
或者跟死了差不多…
as living here and you no use to him.
你也见不到他
Speakest thou from thy heart?
你这是真心话?
And from my soul too; else beshrew them both!
也是良心话 否则我愿受嘴咒
Amen.
阿门
What?
什么
Well, thou hast comforted me marvellous much.
你让我安心多了
Go in and tell my lady I am gone, having displeased my father…
跟我妈说 我惹父亲生气…
to Friar Laurence to make confession and be absolved.
因此去找劳伦斯神父 向他告解 请求宽恕
Immoderately she weeps for Tybalt’s death.
泰波死后 她非常难过
Now, sir, her father counts it dangerous…
她父亲担心…
that she doth give her sorrow so much sway…
这样对她身子不好…
and in his wisdom hastes our marriage to stop the inundation of her tears.
因此才决定提前让我们结婚 让她别再难过
Happily met, my lady and my wife.
好一个惊喜 我的小姐 我的妻子
That may be, sir, when I may be a wife.
等我当上了妻子再说
That “may be” must be, love, on Thursday next.
快了 就是这星期四
What must be shall be. Well, that’s a certain text.
该怎样就怎样 这道理谁都知道
Come you to make confession?
你来告解吗?
Are you at leisure, holy Father, now, or shall I come to you at evening mass?
您现在有空吗? 还是晚上再说?
My leisure serves thee, pensive daughter, now.
可怜的孩子 我现在有空
Good sir, we must entreat the time alone.
我们不能奉陪了
God shield I should disturb devotion!
我就不打扰你们
Juliet, on Thursday early will I rouse ye.
我星期四一早来迎娶
Till then adieu…
到时候见…
and keep this holy kiss.
先亲你一下
Tell me not, Father, that thou hearest of this…
快告诉我 神父…
unless thou tell me how I may prevent it! -It strains me past the compass of my wits!
告诉我怎么解决这问题 我也是一筹莫展
If in thy wisdom thou canst give no help…
连你都没办法…
do thou but call my resolution wise.
只有一条路可走
And with this, I’ll help it presently! Hold, daughter!
我这就动手 等一下 孩子
Be not so long to speak! I long to die!
有话快说 我不想活了
I do spy a kind of hope…
可能有一个办法…
which craves as desperate an execution as that is desperate which we would prevent.
只能用在走投无路的情况下
If, rather than to marry with this Paris…
你既然宁可自杀…
thou hast the strength of will to slay thyself…
也不想嫁给派里斯…
then it is likely thou wilt undertake a thing like death…
想必你会冒生命危险…
to chide away this shame.
以躲掉这场婚礼
And, if thou darest…
你敢试的话…
I’ll give thee remedy.
我就告诉你方法
No warmth, no breath shall testify thou livest.
喝下这个 你会像死了一样
Each part, deprived of supple government…
你四肢会不再柔软…
shall stiff and stark and cold appear, like death.
会像尸体般僵硬变冷
Now, when the bridegroom in the morning comes to rouse thee from thy bed…
等新郎来叫醒你时…
there art thou dead.
会以为你死了
Thou shalt be borne to that same ancient vault where all the kindred of the Capulets lie.
你将被安置在凯家墓室中
And in this borrowed likeness of shrunk death…
这种像是死亡的状态…
thou shalt continue four and twenty hours…
将维持二十四小时…
and then awake as from a pleasant sleep.
然后你会醒来
In the meantime, against thou shalt awake…
同时 在你醒来之前…
shall Romeo by my letters know our drift.
我会通知罗密欧
And hither shall he come that very night to bear thee both hence to Mantua.
叫他那晚就来接你去曼多亚
Take thou this vial, being then in bed…
拿着这瓶药…
and this distilling liquor drink thou off.
今晚上♥床♥后就把它喝了
I’ll send my letters to thy lord post haste to Mantua.
我这就寄信给你的丈夫
Hello?
有人吗?
What if this mixture do not work at all?
万一没用怎么办?
Shall I be married then tomorrow morning?
我明早就得结婚?
What, are you busy? Need you my help? No, madam.
在忙啊? 要帮忙吗? 不
We have culled such necessaries as are behoveful for our estate tomorrow.
明天的东西都准备好了
So please you, let me now be left alone, and let the nurse this night sit up with you.
让我静一下 奶妈去帮你忙
For I am sure you have your hands full all in this so sudden business.
你一定在忙着张罗喜事
Good night.
晚安
Get thee to bed and rest…
快上♥床♥睡觉…
for thou hast need.
你需要休息
Farewell.
再见
God knows when we shall meet again.
天晓得哪时候再见
Good night.
晚安
Romeo…
罗密欧…
I drink to thee.
为了你我喝

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!