Morning.
早上好
The bakers’ guild man was round earlier.
面包师行会的人一早就来了
I told you not to speak to them.
我跟你说过别理他们
Nor did I.
我没有
He spoke, I said nothing.
只是他说 我什么都没说
They’re offering 600 a sack.
他们出价600一袋
600?
600?
Yeah, 600 and a few dead children
是啊 600和那么多死去的孩子
for every sack that doesn’t get to the people that need them.
没有一袋能到达真正 需要它们的人手中
We’re not in this for profit.
我们不赚这缺德钱
Still, it’s 600.
可是 那是600
I piss on the bakers’ guild.
去他妈的面包师行会
Your call. Yes, it is.
你说了算 是的 我说了算
Why are you wasting valuable food on him still?
你干嘛还在他身上 浪费宝贵的食物
Let the poor bastard die.
让那混♥蛋♥死了吧
Memmio?
摩密奥?
No. He reminds the other men to stay honest.
不 他能提醒其他人保持忠诚
What’s to be done, then?
那我们要怎么办
Fetch my best clothes. I’ll see if his honor has any ideas.
拿我最好的衣服来 我去看看执政官有什么主意
Hey!
嘿!
Quiet, you.
你 安静
You fucking hairy bastard.
你这该死的混♥蛋♥
So far it’s just the old and the sick that are dying.
到目前为止 死的都是老人和病人
But by next moon, our granaries will be empty.
但是到下个月 谷仓就要空了
I understand that dogs make good eating.
我听说狗肉挺好吃的
They do.
是的
Taste like pork if you cook ’em right. All gone.
如果烹调方法对吃起来就像猪肉一样 早就没有狗了
I wondered why the nights were so peaceful.
啊 难怪我说晚上怎么能那么安宁
No barking. This is no moment for wit.
没有犬吠声 现在不是开玩笑的时候
I wish there were something I could do.
我希望我能做些什么
But the state granaries are near as empty as yours.
但是国家粮仓跟 你们的一样几近空虚
I can only give to you by taking from someone else.
除非我从别人那儿抢来给你
The military silos are untapped. And the army needs to eat.
军库还没开封 军队也需要粮食维持
Well, then, send three legions to Africa.
那么 派三个军团到非洲去
Let Lepidus feed them.
让李必达养他们
That would supply the city with enough grain for a month.
这样一来 就能保证 城市里一个月的用粮
Have it done.
就这样办
It’s only a temporary solution, but it’s the best we can offer.
这只是暂时的解决办法 我们已尽了最大努力
I’ll send you what we can spare. Thank you.
我会把能省下的送去给你 谢谢您
Pullo.
波罗
Tell me what the people are saying.
告诉我 人们怎么说
Tell me who they blame for this famine.
告诉我 他们把这次饥荒 怪罪到谁的头上
You, they say.
他们说 是您
You’re the man in charge. Not Antony?
您是当权者 不是安东尼?
They hear the newsreaders saying
他们听说了
that he’s holding back the shipments and all that, but…
他阻断一切货运往来
well, it’s Antony, innit?
可是 他是安东尼啊 不是吗
Why would he starve them?
他为什么要让他们挨饿
They’ve always loved him and he’s always loved to be loved.
他们一直都很爱戴他 他也一直享受着他们的爱戴
Whereas you…
然而您…
Well, you’re you, aren’t you?
嗯 您就是您 不是吗
Cold and heartless?
冷血无情?
I’ll not say that.
我没这么说
But you’ve never been the affectionate type now, have you?
但是您的感情从不外露 现在呢
Thank you, Pullo.
谢谢你 波罗
I’ll be hearing about the grain, then, will I? Agrippa will see to it.
我会得到粮食的消息 对吗 阿格里帕负责这事
Perhaps Bibulus will succeed? No, he won’t.
可能毕布路斯会成功 不 他不会
Antony’s not entirely irrational. Given enough money, why should he refuse?
安东尼还没完全失去理智 给够他钱 他还能拒绝?
Antony’s not motivated by money.
安东尼不会为钱动心
He hopes the people will rise up in anger and depose me.
他想要激怒人♥民♥起来推♥翻♥我
Either that, or he simply wishes to provoke me into declaring war on him.
要不然 他就只想 挑拨我对他发动战争
Has he really become so foolish?
他真的变得这么愚蠢了吗
Who knows what he’s become after all these years out there?
在那里待了那么多年 谁知道他变成什么样儿了
Who knows what Cleopatra whispers to him?
谁知道克娄巴特拉 给他吹了什么枕边风
He was always a fool for his women.
碰到女人 他就变笨
If he wants a war, why not give it to him?
如果他想开战 为什么不满足他
You heard Pullo.
哼 你听到波罗说了
You might as well declare war on wine and song.
那等于是向美酒和歌♥舞宣战
No, no, no, no.
不 不 不
War on Antony is doomed unless the people are with us.
与安东尼一战在所难免 除非人♥民♥站在我们这一边
Send for my mother and sister.
把我母亲和姐姐接来
I shall have dinner with them this evening.
今晚我该与她们一起吃晚餐
Grandma?
外婆
You shouldn’t be here.
你不该来这儿
It’s dangerous.
这儿很危险
Antonia, where are you?
安东尼娅 你在哪儿
She’s up here with me. I’ll bring her down.
她跟我在这 我带她下去
You naughty girl.
你这个调皮的孩子
What have I told you about going on the roof?
我跟你说过别到屋顶上去
I swear on Diana, I shall have someone beat her.
我向黛安娜女神起誓 我会找人打她一顿
She doesn’t listen to a word I say.
她根本不听我的话
She’s a good girl, really. Just like you were at that age.
噢 她是个好女孩 真的 跟你小时候一样
And I turned out so well?
我长大了却这么斯文?
Your brother, on the other hand, was as biddable as a shepherd’s dog.
而你弟弟 小时候 跟小狗一样听话
No trouble at all.
从来不惹麻烦
Castor, are there any letters for me today?
卡斯托 今天有我的信吗
No, Domina.
没有 夫人
Strange.
奇怪
I had the strongest feeling that today was the day.
我有强烈的感觉就是今天
Mother? There will be no letter.
母亲 不会有信来的
You’re wrong.
你错了
Sorry to be blunt, but…
恕我直言 可是…
Well, don’t you think it’s time to face facts?
你不认为该面对现实了吗
Antony promised to send for me and he will.
安东尼答应他会来接我 他就一定会来
Even if he did, do you think Octavian would let you go?
就算他来了 你以为 屋大维会放你走?
I don’t give a fig.
我才不管他
Truly, is he worth torturing yourself like this?
说真的 他值得你这样折磨自己吗
Domina? Octavian Caesar summons you both for dinner this evening.
夫人 屋大维 恺撒传令你们俩 今晚与他共进晚餐
What does he want now, I wonder?
我想知道 这次他又想要什么
Nothing to our benefit.
肯定对我们没好处
Family and friends.
家人和朋友 呃?
Nothing better.
没有比这更好的了
Octavia, I have a favor to ask of you.
屋达维娅 我想请你帮个忙
You are aware of the grain shortage, I suppose?
我想你已经知道我们粮食短缺
You know that the people are dying in the streets for want of bread?
你知道人们无以为继 横尸街头
And you want me to feed them?
而你想让我来养他们?
In a manner of speaking.
不妨这样说
Your husband has plenty of grain in Egypt.
你丈夫在埃及有大量的粮食
But he is playing politics with it, holding it back.
但他在耍政♥治♥手段 阻止其流通
If you were to go and talk to him…
如果你去跟他谈谈…
I? Go to Egypt?
我? 去埃及?
The soft voice of a loving wife
轻柔的嗓音是作为一位
may succeed where all else has failed.
可爱的妻子的首要条件
You are joking?
你在开玩笑
I cannot remember the last time I made a joke.
我都不记得我上次开玩笑是在什么时候了
Last market day.
上次市集日
You said something about fishes which made me laugh quite distinctly.
你说了鱼什么的 我笑得肚子疼
I was speaking figuratively.
我是在打比方
If you are serious, it is not I should go, but Mother. She’s his real wife.
如果你是认真的 去的应该是母亲 而不是我 她才是他真正的妻子
I thought you might go together.
我想你也一起去
Present Antony with both reality and appearance.
亲自向安东尼证实
That’s all very well, but…
那很好 可是…
I have no desire to take a long sea voyage.
我不想坐船千里迢迢地去找他
Do you? No.
你觉得呢 我也不想
Besides, we’re not hungry.
再说了 我们又不饿
And we need no grain.
我们也不需要粮食
So what’s in it for us?
这对我们有什么好处?
How will you pay us for our trouble?
你怎么补偿我们?
What do you want?
你们想要怎样?
Pompeii’s become vulgar.
庞培已经没落

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!