In the dawn of our history,
在我们历史的最初
we men of Rome were strong and fierce
罗马的男人虽然孔武有力
but also uncouth and solitary creatures.
却是粗野孤独的生物
It was only when we acquired wives
只有当我们娶妻成家之后
that our rise to greatness truly began.
我们才开始踏上成就伟大人格之路
It is the women of Rome
是罗马的女人们
with their steely virtue and chaste morals
用她们无可动摇的道德
who have conquered the world.
和高尚的节操征服了世界
It is by their virtuous light
是她们的贞洁之光
that we men have trod the perilous paths of glory.
照耀着我们男人踏过荆棘遍布的光荣之路
It is the women of Rome
是罗马的女人们
who guarded hearth and home
在男人们征服迦太基时
while we men burnt Carthage.
保卫了他们的家园
It is the women of Rome,
是罗马的女人们
like the she-wolf that suckled Romulus and Remus,
如同哺育罗穆卢斯和瑞摩斯的那头母狼一样 [这两人是战神之子,传说中 罗马的建国者,吃狼奶长大]
who have raised a nation of wise statesmen
养育了这个国家里睿智的政♥治♥家
and invincible warriors.
和战无不胜的勇士们
And on behalf of we men,
我代表男人们
I take this moment to thank you all.
谨在此感谢你们所有人
When the time is right,
一旦时机成熟
I shall make sure that you women
我会让你们女人们
are rewarded for your virtue.
因你们的高尚道德而受到奖励
In the future, I shall enact laws
将来我会颁布法令
that reward fertility and sanctity in marriage.
鼓励生育和圣洁的婚姻
I shall enact laws
我会颁布法令
that severely punish adultery,
严惩通奸者
promiscuity
淫乱者
and vice of all kinds.
以及诸如此类的丑行
That’s very good. I shall remember that one.
很不错,我会记住这一点的
If you’ll excuse me.
恕我失陪
What did you think?
你觉得怎么样?
Your speech? Oh, strong stuff.
你的演讲?强劲有力
Very amusing. They bought it wholesale.
十分有趣 她们竟全盘接受了
I mean every word.
我会说到做到
Yes, I really think you do.
是的,我知道你会的
Myself, I suspect the women of old Rome
就我个人来说 我怀疑罗马过去的那些女人们
were a parcel of whores and termagants.
全是一帮婊♥子♥和泼妇
We shall agree to differ.
仁者见仁,智者见智
There’s the young piece I was telling you about.
那就是我跟你说的年轻女人
She’s very presentable.
算得上是个体面人家
As ordered. Impeccable family,
照你的要求 – 完美的家世
young, healthy, proven fertility.
年轻,身体健康 能够生养
How many children? Just the one.
生了几个孩子? 就一个
A son, Tiberius.
一个儿子,泰彼琉斯
Introduce me.
给我引见一下
Caesar, may I present
恺撒,容我为你介绍一下
Alfidia and her daughter Livia?
这位是阿菲迪娅 这是她女儿莉维娅
Honored.
不胜荣幸
Tell me, how would you like to be married to me?
告诉我,你愿意嫁给我吗?
I would like that…
我…乐意之至
if my husband does not object.
如果我丈夫不反对的话
What is his name? Claudius Nero.
他叫什么名字? 克劳迪亚斯·尼禄
I know the family. They’re good, patriotic people.
我了解这家人,他们都是善良的爱国者
They will not say no to a divorce. I’m sure not, sir.
他们不会拒绝离婚的 是啊,我肯定他们不会拒绝,阁下
Excellent.
好极了
See to the details.
这事就交给你了
She’ll do nicely.
她会有不错的表现
Now that other business before I dive back into this female swamp.
现在来谈点别的事 在我重新回到女人堆里之前
Herod’s gold is offshore at Ostia waiting on the high tide.
希律王的黄金等涨潮时 就会驶入奥斯提亚港
I’ve been liaising with Antony’s man, Posca, on the details of delivery.
我一直有和安东尼的手下伯斯卡联络 讨论运送的细节
We wanted to use the Aventine collegium for transportation,
我们考虑让艾文台的帮会来押运
if you are agreeable.
如果你同意的话
It’s a good idea.
这主意不错,他们的人…
They have men allied both to myself and to Mark Antony. That’s good.
跟我,马克·安东尼是一条战线的 这样很好
Make sure the entire business is invisible. I want complete deniability.
切勿走漏风声 绝对不能和我扯上关系
If the bribe comes to light,
如果贿赂的事曝光
it must be Antony’s fault alone.
只能怪到安东尼一个人头上
Papa, when we get to Jerusalem,
爸爸,等我们到了耶路撒冷
will Uncle Levi be there?
里维埃叔叔会在那儿吗?
Maybe. Maybe not.
也许会,也许不会
Remember when we first met?
还记得我们第一次相遇吗?
Your cousin’s house. Yes.
就在你表亲的家 是的
I saw you and I thought,
我看见了你,我就想
“There. There is a good man for me.
他,他就是我要找的好男人
“Maybe not such a nice dresser as I would like, but a good man.”
虽然穿得不怎么样 不过是个好男人
It’s been many years now,
过了这些年
and you have never proved me wrong.
你证明了我没看走眼
Papa, are we there yet?
爸爸,我们还没到么?
It’s gorgeous. I can have it?
真漂亮啊! 我能买♥♥下这个吗?
Anything you like, my love.
你想要什么都行,亲爱的
My little caramel.
我的小糖糖
Why don’t you…
你干吗不…
go inside and see…
进里边看看
if there’s anything else you like?
有没有什么你想要的
How good you are to me.
你对我真好!
Off you go.
去吧
Take your time.
慢慢选
You might have chosen a less conspicuous conveyance.
你就不能选不那么招摇的交通工具么?
This is my third-best litter. You are nondescript enough for both of us.
这是我第三好的轿子 你这么不起眼…被看见也无所谓
Has the… has the Judean shipment arrived yet?
那批,那批犹太货到了没有?
You needn’t worry about them. They don’t understand a word we say.
你不用担心他们 我们说的话…他俩一句也听不懂?
Do you, my darlings?
不是吗,我亲爱的
The lower orders understand more than you think.
下人们懂的东西比你想象的多
Really, you are too absurd.
说真的,你还真是可笑
We are stealing from our own chiefs.
我们是在偷主子们的钱
No precaution we take is too absurd.
如此谨慎并不可笑
I wouldn’t call it stealing. It is a commission for services rendered.
我可不认为这是偷 只不过为我们的贡献抽点佣金罢了
They won’t even notice the shortfall. Don’t fool yourself!
他们根本不会注意到这点亏空 别犯傻了!
We are thieves.
我们就是贼
If Antony or Octavian discover it,
如果安东尼或屋大维发现了
we shall both die!
我俩都要掉脑袋!
They won’t discover it.
他们不会发现的
Where and when shall we extract our share?
我们何时何地去抽取那佣金?
The Aventine men will make delivery to the Temple of Saturn by night.
艾文台的人会在晚上把东西… 送到土星的神庙去
You and I will be alone with the gold until day.
直到天亮,黄金就由你我俩守着
Bring slaves you trust.
带你最可靠的奴隶来
Oh, hello, Maecenas. Jocasta.
哦,你好啊,米西纳斯 裘卡丝塔.
Why on earth do you travel in such a garish litter?
你干嘛坐这样 俗气的轿子里晃悠?
I thought sure my husband was intriguing with an actress
我差点以为我丈夫 被某个女演员勾搭上了呢
or some such trollop.
或是某个放浪的女人
How amusing.
真有趣
So where are we going?
我们要去哪儿?
The gold will be in Ostia tomorrow, Argosy docks.
黄金明天就运到奥斯提亚 阿格希码头
The ship’s name, Triton’s Crown.
船名是“特赖登之王冠” [特赖登,希腊神话中人身鱼尾的海神]
We take it from there.
我们就在那儿接手
By river or road?
走陆路还是水路?
I’m told Octavian and Antony’s men will take it by river.
我听说屋大维和安东尼的人 会把黄金从水路运走
So we’ll take it by road,
所以我们走陆路…
avoid any leaks their end.
避免沉船危险
Clever.
聪明
No one,
不允许…
no one must know what the shipment contains.
不许任何人打探货物内容
Secrecy is essential.
一定要严守秘密
I’ll use Rasca and his boys. They’re reliable.
我叫拉斯卡和他的人去 他们比较可靠
They don’t ask questions. Good.
他们从不乱打听 很好
But Pullo’s gonna handle this, not you.
但是波罗会接下这任务,不是你
I always handle Ostian business.
可一直都是我经手屋大维的事啊
This is different.
这次不一样
You don’t trust me, is it?
你不相信我,是吗?
I trust you. Octavian and Antony, they both know Pullo.
我相信你 屋大维和安东尼,他们只认识波罗

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!