She’s looking well.
她看起来不错
Good night, Pullo.
晚安 波罗
Juno protect you.
女神保佑你
Don’t worry.
别担心
I can’t keep Caesar waiting.
我不能让恺撒等我
Eirene, when you finish that, check on Pullo’s dressings
艾瑞纳 你做完那个后去看看波罗敷的药
and change them if need be.
有必要的话就换
Me?
我?
You.
对 你
And feed him some porridge.
再喂他点粥
Thank you.
谢谢
As of this day,
今天
the kalends of February,
二月初一
our beloved father dictator…
我们敬爱的元老独♥裁♥者
Gaius Julius Caesar has decreed
盖乌斯·优利乌斯·恺撒宣布
that 100 new men be raised
共和国元老院
to the Senate of the Republic.
要新增100名元老
The third day before Nones,
二月初三
a public banquet will be held
要举♥行♥一个公共宴会
to celebrate those senators.
以祝贺这些元老
Slaves and freedmen are not eligible.
奴隶跟自♥由♥人不许参加
Any repetition of recent disorders
任何再次扰乱秩序的人
will be punished with severity.
都将受到严厉的惩罚
I shall divert the river here, you see,
我应该在这里改变河道 你看
by digging a canal to the Vatican hills.
挖条运河到梵蒂冈山
Splendid. You shall divert the river.
高! 你应该改变河道
Indeed. It will prevent flooding
高! 我对其起的作用毫无疑问
and give easier access to the Fields of Mars.
实际上 这样可以防止洪水
And on the reclaimed land I shall build
而且更容易到达武装集训场
new civic offices for the courts.
在这片再生的土地上 我应该
I shall also construct
为执政院再修些办公场所
I shall also construct
我还应该修
a temple to Venus Birthgiver.
一座维纳斯的神殿
Another temple…excellent.
又一个神殿…太好了
But if we might for the moment speak
但是我们是否能够抽空谈谈
of this expansion of the Senate?
这个元老院的扩大?
We might.
我们可以
Gauls and Celts, old boy.
高卢人跟凯尔特人 老男孩
Long-haired Gauls and blue-faced Celts.
长发的高卢人跟画成蓝脸的凯尔特人
You’re joking, of course.
你肯定是在开玩笑
He is not joking.
他不是在开玩笑
Gauls and Celts? In the Senate?
高卢人跟凯尔特人? 进入元老院?
From the tribes that have served Rome longest,
从那些为罗马效劳最长时间的部落
the best of their nobility.
选择他们那些高尚人中最优秀的
I’m astonished.
我很吃惊
Good.
很好
Astonishment is my intent.
我就是想要你们吃惊
Ah, here comes the hero of the hour.
当前的大英雄来了
What, no wreath of oak leaves?
怎么了? 没戴橡树叶的花圈?
Well now, Vorenus,
那么 乌瑞纳斯
what am I to do with you?
我现在应该怎么处理你?
Defying my express orders, you dared interfere
藐视我定制的秩序 你竟然敢干扰
in a legally sanctioned execution…
一个通过法律裁定的死刑…
an act of gross criminality and disobedience.
完全是不服从以及犯罪的行为
I humbly apologize, sir. I have no excuse.
我深表歉意 长官 我没有任何借口
You present me with a dilemma.
你让我进退两难
By right,
按正常的来说
I could have you thrown off the Tarpeian rock.
我应该把你们扔到塔尔皮亚岩石之下
But the people, simple souls that they are,
但是民众 思想简单
have made great heroes out of you and Pullo.
已经把你跟波罗捧作英雄了
If I were to punish you,
如果我要惩罚你的话
the people would be made extremely angry.
会让民众变得极其愤怒
I do not wish to make the people angry,
我不想让民众们愤怒
ergo, I cannot punish you.
因此 我不能惩罚你
If I cannot punish you, I must reward you,
如果我不能惩罚你 我必须要奖励你
else I shall seem weak.
否则的话 我会让人感觉没有权威
Listen to this now, Cicero.
现在 听听这个 西塞罗
By popular acclaim,
基于公众强烈的呼声
I shall name Lucius vorenus
我应该任命卢西尔斯·乌瑞纳斯
a Senator of Rome.
成为罗马的一名元老
Good, eh?
很好 对吧?
Now you’re all astonished.
现在 你们全都非常吃惊
Vorenus, you look like you’ve seen the Gorgon.
乌瑞纳斯 你就像看到了蛇发怪女一样
Excuse me, sir,
对不起 长官
I’m stunned.
我太吃惊了
What do you say?
你怎么想的?
Will you speak for your people in the Senate?
你会在元老院为你的人♥民♥说话吗?
I’d be honored to do so,
如果能这么做 我万分荣幸
if you think me worthy.
但你真的认为我配当元老吗
There’s none worthier.
没有比你更相称的
You shall make an excellent senator.
你应该会成为一个杰出的元老
Very touching.
真是令人感动
For the first few weeks, you will stay close by me.
最开始的几个礼拜你要跟在我的身边
Learn the drill.
学习那些规矩
Thank you, sir.
谢谢你 长官
Forgive me,
请原谅我
but really I must, as a friend…
但是说真的 我必须作为一个朋友…
I must protest!
我必须要抗♥议♥!
A lowly pleb in the Senate?
一个低贱的平民进入元老院?
That’s going too far.
这有点太过分了!
No offense to you, Vorenus.
并无冒犯你的意思 乌瑞纳斯
I do not wish to jump in any arenas, Cicero.
我不想再搞什么竞技场的东西了 西赛罗
I must please the people in some other fashion.
我必须用别的方式来取悦民众
Build yet another temple. kill someone.
再修一座神殿或者杀掉某个人
The people are easy to please.
人们很容易就会满足的
Not this.
但不是这个!
I wish the Senate to be made of the best men in ltaly,
我希望元老院里面是整个意大利最优秀的人
not just the richest old men in Rome.
而不仅仅是罗马里这些有钱的老面孔
An intriguing notion
一个非常有意思的想法
You’ll make a lot of men very angry
你会让许多人非常生气
with your Gauls and your Celts
都因为你提拔的那些高卢人 凯尔特人
and your plebs and such.
那些平民等等
I’ll have to double your guard.
我要加倍你的护卫队
That’s what I told him. Will he listen?
我已经跟他说过了 他会听吗?
Guards can keep my enemies away.
护卫能够让我的敌人远离
They can do nothing about my friends.
他们就不能对我的朋友们做什么了
You don’t mean me, do you?
你不会是指我吧?
I can assure you, I have no ill intentions.
我可以向你保证 我可没有什么不良企图
I know.
我知道
Not that you were not perfectly capable
并不是你没有
of any manner of wickedness. Thank you.
作恶的能力 谢谢
But if you were going to betray me,
而是如果你要背叛我
you would have done it long ago.
你在很久之前就应该已经做了
Don’t think I wasn’t tempted.
别以为我没有考虑过
So, no more guards then. You will trust Fortune.
那么 不增加护卫 你只能指望你的运气了
Very good. Very pious. Stop your grizzling,
很好 很虔诚 别嘟嘟囔囔了
you old woman.
你这个老女人
Who will dare raise a hand to me
有勇猛的卢西尔斯·乌瑞纳斯在我身边
with the ferocious Lucius Vorenus at my side?
谁敢动我一根手指头?
Ah. Clever.
聪明
All these years together, and it still surprises you
跟我了这么多年你居然还是
I can tie my sandals.
为我的能力感到吃惊
Sleep sound, little man.
好好睡 小男人
Your mother and l have been thinking
你母亲跟我一直在想
about finding you that husband.
要给你找个丈夫
Asenator’sdaughter cannot
一个元老的女儿不能
be running around unattached.
老过着单身的生活
Oh, there’s no hurry.
不着急
Don’t worry, we’ll find you a good rich old man
别担心 我们会给你找到个有钱的老头子的
you can wrap around your little finger.
你只需要转动你的小手指

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!