Caesar also is sanctioned by Jupiter, is he not?
恺撒也是由朱庇特神指派的 不是吗?
By augury, by triumph,
有预兆 有胜利的凯♥旋♥
by acclaim of the people.
也有人♥民♥的拥护
Anything he does is sacred.
他所作的一切 都是由神庇护的
In a way, he is a demigod.
某种程度上 他就是神本身
For one day only.
仅仅在那一天而已
For the rest, he is a mortal man like you and me.
其它日子里 他和你我一样 都是凡人
Mortal or not, he is trying to save the Republic.
不管他是不是凡人 他在试图拯救共和国
By corrupting the elections?
通过贿赂选举?
The Roman people are not crying out for clean elections.
罗马人♥民♥可没有期盼干净的选举
They are crying out for jobs.
他们期盼的是工作
They are crying out for clean water, for food,
他们期盼的是甘甜的水和食物
for stability and peace.
和平稳定的生活
You can do great things for your people.
你可以为人们做到这些
You can help
你可以帮助恺撒
save the Republic.
拯救共和国
Or you can go back to your shop
或者你可以回到你的小店铺去
and resume selling mutton and pig,
继续卖♥♥你的羊肉跟猪肉
have dirty hands but a clean conscience.
满手污泥却保持一颗高尚的心
So what do you say?
你怎么想?
Say to what?
什么?
You haven’t heard a word I’ve been saying.
你根本没在听我说什么
Is everything all right?
没事吧?
Forgive me.
原谅我
So what was it you needed?
那… 你需要什么?
I want to free Eirene, take her off to the country,
我想让艾瑞纳脱离奴籍 带她去乡下过日子
if you’ll lend me some money. Of course.
如果你能借我点钱 当然可以
And I’ll need you to come with me to the slave registry,
我还想让你陪我一起去奴役登记处
to vouch your name for my ownership.
用你的名字做我的担♥保♥人
Slow down. Why are you freeing Eirene?
等一下 你为什么要让艾瑞纳脱离奴籍?
Can’t marry her otherwise.
如果她是奴隶我就不能娶她
Marry her?
娶她?
Look, I’ve…
听着… 我…
I’ve been feeling strange and low
我最近… 很消沉…
and empty these last months, and…
这几个月来一直是这个样子
anyway, I’ve puzzled it out,
不管怎么样 我现在是想通了
and I realized what it was.
我明白我为什么会这样了
I love Eirene.
我爱艾瑞纳
I love her, and I want her to bear my children
我爱她 我想和她一起拥有我们的孩子
and be my wife, and…
让她做我的妻子…
Congratulations, I suppose.
我想我只能说恭喜了…
So you’ll be going to the country, you say?
那么… 你说你要去乡下?
Leaving Rome?
要离开罗马?
Rome’s no place for me.
罗马不是我应该呆的地方
I need clean air, room to move.
我需要新鲜的空气 自♥由♥的空间
And what will you do when you get there?
那么你到了乡下打算靠什么谋生?
There’s always work for a good man with a sword.
一个强壮的男人到哪都能有口饭吃
Well, as long as you’re sure.
好吧 既然你已经打定主意了…
Oh, I’ve thought it through.
我都考虑清楚了
I’ve never been so sure of anything in my life.
我这辈子从来没有这么肯定过
I’m happy for you.
我为你高兴
I hope you find your path.
希望你找到自己生活的路
Still here?
怎么还呆在这里?
I thought you were retiring to the country as a point of honor.
我还以为你已经为了你的尊严隐居乡下了呢
You do right to mock me.
你尽可以嘲笑我
You make me feel small.
你让我感到渺小
A joke, old man, a joke.
开个玩笑 老人家 只是个玩笑
I’m always happy for your company.
有你在我总是感到快乐
So…
那么…
why didn’t you tell me beforehand?
你为什么不事先告诉我
I could have been of assistance perhaps.
我至少可以给你提供一点帮助
What are you talking about?
你在说什么?
Everyone is reading it!
所有人都在看这个
I saw some temple prostitutes with a copy.
我从神殿里的女奴那拿到的抄本
“A call to virtue.”
“觉醒吧! 道德”
The writing is… adequate, which is something
文章本身是没有什么问题
we should talk about,
只是有些地方我们得讨论一下
but the sentiments are
但是观点却是十分
full of grace and bravery.
高贵和勇敢的
“Sons of the Republic, the blood of our forefathers
共和国的子民 先辈的血液
calls you to honor the memory and emulate the deeds
呼唤着你们不要遗忘过去 行动起来
of Porcius Cato, the last true Roman.”
波卡斯·卡托 最后一个真正的罗马人
Who wrote this?
谁写的这个?
You did.
你写的
Gods beneath us!
神灵保佑我们!
Mother!
母亲! !
Mother…
母亲…
have you seen this? This lunacy?
你读过这个了吗? 这篇疯狂的东西?
Of course I’ve seen it.
我当然看过了
It’s not lunacy.
这不是什么疯狂
It is a cogent defense of Republican principles
这是在暴♥政♥的统治下
against the forces of tyranny.
对共和国原则的扞卫
I am rather proud of it.
我为此感到骄傲
You wrote this?
是你写的?
In my name?
用我的名义?
Cassius contributed
卡西亚斯
several nice turns of phrase.
给文章修饰了一下
You know Cassius, of course.
你肯定认得卡西亚斯
Of course. Delighted.
很高兴见到你 当然
Quintus.
昆特斯
It’s lovely to see you again.
很高兴再次见到你
It’s been too long. indeed.
好久不见了 是啊…
You will excuse me
请原谅…
if I speak with my mother privately?
我想和我妈妈私下谈谈
I’m deeply sorry you feel I have failed you,
我很抱歉让你失望了
but this… this is going too far.
但是这也做的太过分了
My name is not yours to be used…
你不能就这样用我的名义…
You haven’t failed me.
你没有让我失望
You can’t fail me, I’m your mother.
你永远不会让我失望 因为我是你的母亲
You have failed the Republic.
你只是让共和国失望了
Dear gods!
我的老天啊!
Bring me a pen and paper.
把笔和纸给我拿来
It’s bad enough that you keep that little madman Quintus
让那个疯子腔昆特斯
in this house,
留在这里已经够糟糕的了
but this… this!
但是这个!
I don’t know what to tell him.
我不知道我该如何向他解释
Why don’t you fall on your knees
你为什么不跪下来
and kiss his feet and beg for mercy?
亲吻他的脚 请求他的宽恕?
It served you in the past. But not you.
你过去曾经这样成功过 但你呢?
Eh? Perhaps you did not beg hard enough.
也许你恳求的不够中肯
You…
你…
you do understand…
你明白吗…
he might have me killed for this?
他也许会为了这个而杀了我?
Rome has fallen into the hands of a corrupt monster.
罗马已经沦落到了一个恶魔的手里
You,

direct descendant
作为共和国建立者
of the father of the Republic,
的直系后代
what do you do?
应该做点什么
What would you have me do?
你想让我怎么做?
What would your father have done?
想想你父亲会怎么做吧?
What would his father have done?
你的祖父会怎么做?
Would they bend their knees to a tyrant?
他们会向一个暴君下跪吗?
They would take account
他们至少会
of the specific circumstance…
审时度势…
They would chase him out of the city like any mad dog.
他们会象疯狗一样赶走这个暴君!
Chased him out?
赶走他?
And how am l to do that exactly?
那么我应该如何做呢?
You would not be alone.
你不是孤单一人
Ah, these fine men in the house
啊 对 这个屋子里的这些人
are very… very good. I am reassured.
都非常优秀 这点我相信

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!