I’m not playing.
我可不是在扮演
This is not a game.
这可不是什么游戏
As you wish.
如你所想
It is not a game.
这不是游戏
Something more red.
来点红色的
Is the canal around the circus filled? It is.
斗技场周围的水沟都灌满了吗? 是的
It was not last night.
昨天晚上还没好呢
I saw to it at first light. Very good.
今天早上就已经好了 很好
Make sure the elephants are give their emetics in good time.
要保证大象们在合适的时候吃药
I don’t want my chariot
我可不想因为这些巨大的蠢东西
slowed by giant turds.
让我的战车放慢脚步
You are looking much better.
你看起来好多了
I am not better, however.
我自己倒没那个感觉
Well, I must get you out to the country, perhaps.
也许我必须送你到乡下去
Some…
一点…
fresh air and sunshine would do you good.
新鲜的空气和阳光对你有好处
This lying abed is not healthy.
总在床上躺着可不是办法
I rise when I have reason to do so.
有事情做的时候我才起床
Don’t loiter here pretending to be solicitous.
别在这虚情假意了
Go to your friend’s obscene display.
到你朋友那种污秽的聚会上去吧
Mother…
母亲…
Go.
走!
Go.
走!
Do you want some color on your cheeks?
脸颊上需要再上点颜色吗?
Please, darling,
求你了 亲爱的
say something.
说话吧
This horrid silent business,
这种可怕的沉默
it’s most upsetting.
真是让人不安
What did they do to you? They did nothing.
他们对你做了点什么? 他们什么都没做
She speaks. There’s a start.
她终于说话了 这是个好的开始
They were very kind to me.
他们对我很好
kind enough to let you hack away at yourself
好到让你像对待猪肋肉一样
Like a side of pork.
伤害自己
My poor little grump.
我可怜的小脾气鬼
Oh, I didn’t realize until now how much I missed
我直到现在才发现我是多么的想念
your gloomy presence around the place.
你着这里忧郁的存在
Domina…
女主人…
there’s a beggar at the door who says he is Quintus,
有个乞丐在门口 自称是昆特斯
natural son of Pompey.
庞贝的儿子
He asks for your son’s protection.
来寻求您儿子的保护
Send him away.
把他赶走
Take your hands off me! Get out!
放开! 滚出去!
Brutus!
布鲁图斯
Scared to talk to me, eh, coward?
不敢跟我见面吗? 懦夫?
You’re a coward, Brutus!
你是个懦夫 布鲁图斯
I swear by Janus,
我以门神的名义起誓
Jupiter and Juno,
朱庇特还有朱诺(朱庇特之妻)
I swear on the grave of my father,
我在我父亲的墓碑前发誓
I, Quintus Valerius Pompey,
我 昆特斯·维拉里斯·庞贝
I’m going to kill that son of a whore tyrant!
我要杀了那个暴君
I’ll get Ajax to deal with him.
我让阿贾克斯去打发他走
He’s a bastard traitor to Rome… Wait.
他是罗马的叛国♥贼♥ 等等
and you’re a traitor too, Brutus!
你也是叛徒 布鲁图斯
Pompey’s natural son, eh?
庞贝的儿子 对吗?
I am.
我就是
I gather at least you’re still no friend to Caesar.
我想你肯定不是恺撒的朋友
I’ll burn him alive.
我要把他活活烧死
I will pluck out his eyes,
我要把他的眼睛挖出来
be calm.
冷静些
You’re among friends.
这里的人都是你的朋友
All will be well.
一切都会好起来的
Have him washed and fed.
带他沐浴 给他弄点吃的
Caesar! Caesar!
恺撒! 恺撒!
Glorious Caesar!
伟大的恺撒!
The gods favor you, Caesar!
神眷顾你 恺撒!
Caesar! Caesar!
恺撒! 恺撒!
“Tables for 5000 men
能够容纳5000个人的桌子
will be set up in the cattle forum.
会放在广场上
Slaves and freedmen are not eligible.
奴隶和自♥由♥身的人没有资格加入
Those citizens that cannot find
那些没有位子坐的平民
a proper seating place must leave
必须在
when ordered by the civic officers.
市政长官要求的时候离开
Gaius Julius Caesar has decreed
盖乌斯·优利乌斯·恺撒已宣布
in tribute to their virtue,
为了感谢大家的崇高美德
each and every citizen of Rome
每一个罗马的臣民
will be issued from the public treasury
都将从国库得到
the sum of 100 denarii.”
100便士
“Further,
除此之外
20,000 deserving families
20,000户应受奖励的家庭
will be given farms
将得到在卡普阿
on the public lands around Capua.”
附近的农田
“Further, for the coming year,
除此之外 来年
all rents… all rents
所有的租金
on low dwellings in the city
城里底层人们的所有的租金
will be paid in full
都将由
by Gaius Julius Caesar.”
盖乌斯·优利乌斯·恺撒支付
Very noble
高贵极了
and very nicely expressed, if I may say so.
我想这实在是太完美的表述了
Might I have a quiet word?
我们能私下聊聊吗?
Of course.
当然
A quiet word.
私下聊
Oh, you may speak in front of Quintus.
你可以当着昆特斯的面说
As you wish. It is of Quintus I speak.
好吧 我要说的就是昆特斯
The good man has been here several days now.
这家伙来这也有几天了吧
Perhaps he grows weary of entertaining us with his happy presence.
也是时候可以走人了吧
Do not mind him, Quintus. He has no manners.
别介意 昆特斯 他就是这么缺乏礼貌
He shall stay as long as it pleases me.
只要他还能让我高兴 他就可以住在这里
Well, that’s the thing, Mother.
问题就在这里 母亲
I do not see in what way he could
我没有发现他有任何
possibly please you.
可以让您高兴的地方
What is his purpose?
他的目的是什么?
Does he help you to write poetry?
他能说明您写诗吗?
He has a good ear. indeed? Hmm.
他是一个好的聆听者 是吗?
You surprise me. He has fire in him.
真让我意外 他有着火热的内心
It warms me.
让我感到温暖
Light more lamps if you are cold!
如果觉得冷就多点灯
It looks very ill to keep a son of Pompey in our house.
让庞贝的儿子呆在我们家里很不舒服
And we should strike such fine figures otherwise!
我们应该以此为傲!
So you see,
你瞧
the fourth clause of the previous statute
这上级法令的第四个条款
only applies in cases of fire and flood,
只在火灾和洪水时候
unless otherwise stipulated in the appendix.
或者是符合附录中的规定的时候才适用
Do you see? Not clearly.
明白了吗? 不是很清楚
I’m not sure I can explain it in simpler terms.
我没有办法解释的更简单了
Surely this can wait until after the election.
这些可以等选举结束后再讨论
There’s no point learning all this if I lose.
如果我输了 学这些有什么用?
You will not lose.
你不会输的
You’re very sure of that. There are other candidates.
为什么你这么肯定? 还有其它候选人
I believe I warned you about mocking me.
我想我警告过你嘲笑我是什么后果
Forgive me, sir.
请原谅 先生
I had thought you understood the system.
但我以为你已经了解了这个制度
The other candidates are straw men.
其它候选人都只是凑数的
Straw men?
凑数的?
It saves a great deal of useless strife
但是如果没有反对者
if there’s no opposition,
当然能够避免无意义的竞争
but it would look ill
但只有恺撒的人
if Caesar’s man was the only one standing.
站出来又会显得太突兀
These facts disturb you somehow?
这些事实让你困扰吗?
The elections are sanctioned by Jupiter Capitolinus.
选举是由神圣的朱庇特神监督的
They are sacred.
选举可是庄严的事情啊

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!