Dear me,
天哪
I’ve never seen so many long faces.
我从来没看过这么多张拉长的脸聚在一起
It is customary to be sad at a funeral.
出席葬礼的传统就是要表现出悲哀
Well, the Republic is old and infirm.
是啊 共和国已经腐朽老化
Death can be a merciful release in such cases.
在这种时候 死亡反而是种解脱
You do not mean that.
这不是你的本意
You don’t believe that.
你不是这么想的
You of all people shouldn’t lay jokes about tyranny.
你们不应该开有关独♥裁♥的玩笑
Oh, I am deadly serious.
我可是认真的
It is in all our interests
归顺于恺撒
to be reconciled with Caesar now,
既符合我们的利益
for the good of Rome.
也是为了罗马好
The good of Rome indeed.
真正的为罗马好
As soon as this… farce is done,
一旦这场闹剧结束
I shall retire to the country
我就隐退到乡下
and wait for the city to come to its senses.
看着这座城市慢慢的恢复过来
It is the only honorable thing to do.
这是保留尊严的唯一办法了
My dear friend,
得了 我的朋友
we have no honor.
我们早就没有尊严
If we had honor,
如果我们还有尊严
we would be with Cato and Scipio in the afterlife.
早就和卡托 西比乌一起死了
First, Senate will hear
首先 元老院将听取
Marcus Tullius Cicero.
马库斯·图里亚斯·西赛罗的发言
On this eve of his most glorious triumph,
在这个荣耀的凯♥旋♥庆典日之前
I move that Gaius Julius Caesar
我推举盖乌斯·优利乌斯·恺撒
be made imperator
未来十年内
and granted absolute power over Rome
作为拥有无上权力的
for a period of 10 years.
罗马元首
As some of you know,
正如大家所知道的
Caesar and I have had our disagreements.
恺撒和我也有过意见不合的时候
However that may be,
尽管如此
he has shown himself
他还是在
to be as wise and merciful in victory
胜利之后体现了他的明智和大度
as he was invincible in battle.
正如他在战场上无往不胜一般
Let this be an end
让这场内部的矛盾
to division and civil strife.
早日结束吧
I willingly pledge my loyalty to him,
我将向恺撒献出我的忠诚
and I urge you all to do the same.
也希望所有人都如此
I heartily commend
我由衷的赞成
the motion proposed
马库斯·图里亚斯·西赛罗
by Marcus Tullius Cicero.
提出的建议
The motion is carried unanimously.
提议得到全票通过
Many of you here today
在座的很多人
fought against me.
都曾经和我对立
Many of you wished me dead.
很多人希望看到我死
Many of you perhaps still do.
也许很多现在仍然如此
But I hold no grudges
但我并不介意
and seek no revenge.
也不打算报复
I demand only this
我只要求你们
that you join with me
和我站在一起
in building a new Rome,
建立一个新的罗马
a Rome that offers
一个新的罗马
justice, peace and land
能让他所有的公民们都
to all its citizens,
生活在公平 和平和富饶的土地上
not just the privileged few.
而不只是那些特权阶级
Support me in this task,
帮助我完成这项使命
and old divisions will be forgotten.
过去的分歧都既往不咎
Oppose me…
如果你反对我…
and Rome will not forgive you a second time.
罗马将不会给你第二次机会
Senators…
元老们…
the war is over.
战争已经结束
Domina.
女主人
Atia of the Julii is here.
朱莉娅·阿提娅来了
Atia?
阿提娅?
Here, now.
是的 已经到了
She wishes to see you.
她想见见你
Atia…
阿提娅…
in my house?
在我的房♥子里?
My dear Atia.
亲爱的阿提娅
How lovely to see you.
见到你实在太好了
bona dear.
亲爱的
My poor friend.
我可怜的朋友
What have they done to you?
他们都对你做了些什么?
You’re so sweet.
你太客气了
Come sit down.
坐下吧
I’m very sorry I haven’t visited sooner,
抱歉我没有早点来看你
but to be honest, I was far too upset to face seeing you.
说实话 我是因为心情太差而没早来见你的
The very idea, it’s… it’s too sinister.
一个贵妇被扒光了衣服在大街上被羞辱
A noblewoman stripped naked
这个画面一直在我脑海中挥之不去
and beaten on the streets…
实在是太邪恶了
horrible. Horrible.
太可怕了 太可怕了
Tell me truly, how are you now?
告诉我 你现在怎么样了?
I’m recovering very well.
我恢复的很好
Have they found the culprits yet?
他们找到动手的人了吗?
They have not, but justice will find them eventually.
还没有 不过因果报应总有时
I’m quite sure of that.
我相信这点
Would you have some lemon water?
要来点柠檬水么?
That would be lovely.
好的
Brutus is well, I hope. He is.
布鲁图斯还好吧? 他很好
It’s so wise of him to choose submission to my dear uncle.
他向我的叔叔屈服实在是太明智了
I was very afraid he might try
我很怕他会为了所谓的勇猛
some foolish act of bravery.
干出一些鲁莽的事情来
Men are so silly about their honor. No?
男人总是会为了尊严干点蠢事
I’ve come to ask you
我来是想问你
if you will sit with me at the triumph.
你愿意在凯♥旋♥庆典时和我坐在一起吗?
Even though I’m being besieged by sycophants
很多吹嘘拍马之徒都在我身边
asking for space, I thought, No,
乞求我给他们一个位子 但我不这么想
if someone were to have first choice,
我第一想到的人
it should be my dear friend Servilia
就是我的好朋友赛维莉娅
who’s been through so much pain.”
她经历了这么多的痛苦
That is very thoughtful of you…
你想的真是周到…
but I think I shall not be well enough.
但我认为我不够资格
Well, that’s a pity.
真遗憾…
Are you sure? I am.
你真的这么想吗? 是的
Well, if you change your mind…
好吧 如果你回心转意的话…
I will let you know.
我会告诉你的
People tell me that Octavia’s left the city,
有人告诉我奥克塔维娅离开了城里
but no one knows where.
但没人知道她去了哪
I hope there’s nothing amiss.
希望别出什么事了
Not at all.
别担心
She’s staying at my cousin’s villa in Paestum,
她呆在我表兄在帕斯图的一幢别♥墅♥里
mooning over some young fool of a poet she’s met there.
和一个她遇到的愚蠢的年轻诗人在一起呆着
She’ll be back in time for the triumph.
凯♥旋♥庆典之时她就会回来
brother.
弟弟
What are you doing here?
你来这里干什么?
I’ve come to take you home.
我是来带你回家的
This is my home. This?
这里就是我的家 这里?
This is not your home.
这不是你的家
I’m happy here.
我在这很愉快
I don’t believe you.
我可不相信
In any case, your place is with your family.
无论如何 和家人在一起的地方才是你的家
Bad enough to run away,
离开家庭是愚蠢的
but to these people?
和这些人一起生活?
This isn’t the healthy way of life.
这样的生活方式是不健康的
You call our family healthy?
你认为我们家很健康吗?
Our corruption stinks in the nostrils of Mother Earth.
从大地上都能嗅出我们家的腐♥败♥
This is your foreign priests talking.
这都是那些愚蠢祭司的说法
They are frauds. They only want your money.
他们都是骗子 只是想要你的钱
Priests are nobody. They are just servants here.
祭司在这里不是别的 都是仆人而已
This is the Great Mother’s house.
这是圣母的领地