The best men of every tribe in Gaul.
都是高卢人的勇士
Caesar can fight.
恺撒很会打仗
I’ll give him that.
都是我教给他的
I remember…
我还记得…
when he was not much older than you.
他在你这个年纪的时候
I sent him to winter Quarters in…
我派他去驻守冬季的岗位
in, uh…
在…
Oh, where was it?
哪里呢?
No matter.
都无所谓了
Long time gone.
是很长时间之前的事情了
I must ask you, sir, if I may.
我很想问您 先生 如果允许的话
How did you come to this road?
你怎么会落得如此下场?
Surely…
毫无疑问
Pompey had Caesar at greater disadvantage.
和庞贝相比 恺撒处于完全劣势
He did.
确实如此
He did.
确实如此
It didn’t seem possible to lose.
看起来根本不可能会输
That’s always a bad sign.
但那总不是一个好兆头
The battlefield was on a plain
战斗是在平原开打
by a river, at the foot of some…low hills.
在一条河的旁边 一些小山的山脚下
Like this, you see.
就象这样
The lines met here.
军队在这里开始短兵相接
My men held their ground well,
我的部队完全控制了局面
so I sent my horses
所以我派骑兵
at his right flank.
到他的右侧去包抄
Which is perfectly correct,
看起来非常正确
you’ll agree. I do.
我想你也会同意的 我同意
Only the cowards were repulsed.
但是这群废物被吓倒了
Repulsed by a single cohort of reserves.
是被一队预备兵吓倒的
Turned and fled, 200 horses.
掉头逃跑 200个骑兵
Crashed directly into my left flank.
直接冲回我的左侧
Rolled up my line
把我的阵型冲跨了
like a carpet.
看起来就象一张地毯
Put the whole damned army to flight.
把我的部队完全包围了起来
And here I am.
所以我战败了…
That’s how Pompey Magnus
这就是庞贝·麦格纳斯
was defeated.
如何被打败的
That’s how the Republic died.
这就是共和国是如何被打败的…
Good night, sir. Wait.
晚安 先生 等等…
I will not…
我不会…
I will not ask favor
我不会为我自己
or mercy for myself.
请求什么宽恕
But I beg you…
但我请求你
consider the fate…
考虑一下我的…
of my wife and children.
妻子和孩子的命运
Let me take them to Egypt
让我把他们带到埃及
where they will be safe…
让他们能在朋友的身边…
among friends.
安全的活下去…
Consider them.
请考虑一下…
Go back to sleep.
继续睡吧
Unwise and unfriendly, I call it.
简直是不明智而且不道义的行为
Unwise and unfriendly.
愚蠢而薄情
And for why?
为什么?
Why?
为什么?
We had him. We had him.
我们已经俘虏了他 我们已经俘虏了他了
Horses. Never mind, horses.
马匹 别想什么马匹了
Never mind gold.
也别想什么黄金了
Caesar would have given us farms
恺撒会分给我们农田
and fields and orchards and great flocks of slaves
土地 果园和大批的奴隶
and cattle and Dis knows what…
还有牲口! ! 如果我们…
‘Sist! Pompey Magnus is no damn slave to be sold for money.
庞贝·麦格纳斯不是那种可以用来换钱的人物
Don’t see why not!
我不明白为什么不?
There’s a great deal you don’t see.
你不明白的事情多着呢
There’s a great deal he doesn’t see neither.
他不明白的事情也多着呢
You and only 12 other men survived that storm.
你和其他12个人从那场风暴中活过来了?
Out of 5,000.
5,000个人中只有你们
You’re being kept alive for some great purpose, no doubt.
你能活着一定是背负着巨大的使命
You know, sir…
长官…
He has some interesting news. indeed?
他有一些有趣的信息 是吗?
Sir, in course of our journey here,
长官 在我们来这的路上
we encountered Gnaeus Pompey Magnus with his family
我们遇上了格涅乌斯·庞贝·麦格纳斯和他的家人
and a party of servants. Where?
还有他的仆人 哪里?
On the road to Amphipoli, with a mule train.
在去菲波里的路上 还有一辆骡车
A mule train. It’s priceless.
骡车? 很贵啊
He intends to take ship for Egypt, sir.
他打算乘船去埃及 长官
Family and servants, you say.
家人还是随从 是吗?
No soldiers? None, sir.
没有士兵? 没有 长官
Not one man left, not one.
一个人都没有留下 一个都没有
Oh, poor wretch.
噢 可怜的家伙
Why then, be that so,
那么 为什么…
did you not apprehend him?
你为什么不俘虏他?
Now here’s the onion.
最感人的一段来了
I thought it would be wrong to do so.
我认为那样做并不合适
Explain yourself.
解释你的理由
His hands trembled, sir.
他的手在颤抖 长官
His clothes were dirty,
他的衣服很破败…
there was water in his eyes… he is broken.
他的眼里含着泪水 他已经彻底垮了
I saw no need to apprehend him.
我认为没有必要俘虏他
I’d like to add that Legionary Pullo
我想补充一下 波罗士官
took no part in my decision, sir.
没有参与这个决定 长官
You saw no need.
你认为没有必要
Do you not see that Pompey may be broken
你没有看到庞贝也许
like a Dacian catamite
可以象个落魄的男人一样凄惨
and still be dangerous?
但他还是个危险人物
If he is still living,
只要他还活着
he will be a standard around which our enemies will gather!
敌人就可能在他身边聚集
As long as he can be propped on a horse,
只要他还能骑在马背上
he’s dangerous!
他就很危险!
But you saw no need to apprehend him?
但你却认为没有必要俘虏他?
I did not, sir.
没有必要 长官
Who by the sons of Dis gives you the right to make such judgment?
我给你这么大的权力来做这个决定?
Sir, I am aware that I have not done my duty,
我知道这是我的失职 长官
and I respectfully ask your pardon.
但我希望您能告诉我我的过错
My pardon, he asks.
他要我的解释?
I ought to have you scourged and crucified.
我应该对你使用鞭刑再把你钉死在十字架上
In future you will remember that it is l
以后你就会记得
that offers mercy. No one else.
只有我可以给予宽恕 没有其他人
Clear?
明白了吗?
Clear, sir.
明白 长官
Dismissed.
解散
I do not like to disagree with you,
我并非有意忤逆您
but you are being far too lenient with him.
但您对他太过仁慈了
He let Pompey go and you let him live?!
他让庞贝跑了您却让他活着?
The man should be made an example of!
他应该被当作示众处死!
Any other man, certainly.
其他任何人
but those two…
但不是他们两个
they found my stolen standard.
他们让我想起了一些东西
Now they survive a wreck
他们从一场灾难中存活了下来
that drowned an army and find Pompey Magnus on a beach.
又在海岸边遇上了庞贝
They have powerful gods on their side,
伟大的神灵在保佑他们
and I will not kill any man with friends of that sort.
而且我也不会杀死任何有那样义气的朋友的人
Posca.
伯斯卡
Tell Fulvio to start breaking camp.
告诉福利维奥我们要出发了
We’re going to Egypt.
我们去埃及
General Pompey, sir.
尊敬的庞贝先生
Remember me? Lucius Septimius.
还记得我吗? 卢西尔斯·萨普提米亚斯
Centurion Septimius, as was.
也是百夫长萨普提米亚斯
I was with you in Spain.
我们在西班牙共事过
Fourth legion, third cohort.
第四军 第三团
Lucius Septimius, of course.
卢西尔斯·萨普提米亚斯 当然记得

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!