I was thinking
我在想
I was thinking…
我在想…
you and I might go away to Baia.
你和我可以离开这里到拜亚去玩玩
After next market day.
就下次赶集日过后
It’s supposed to be nice there
那里应该不错
and seeing how crowded it’s been…
看那儿最近有很多人去…
That’s a lovely idea, but…
这个主意倒挺好 可是…
but what?
可是什么?
I can’t leave Lyde alone.
我不能扔下莱蒂一个人
She needs me. She needs you.
她需要我 她需要你
Evander’s been missing for two months.
伊万德已经失踪两个月了
Something bad has happened.
有不祥的事发生了
Very likely something bad has happened.
很有可能发生了不祥的事情
Very likely he is dead!
很有可能他已经死了!
Pullo, awake!
波罗 起来!
Wake up! Mark Antony’s waiting.
醒醒! 马克·安东尼在等我们
Mump off and die, you pig fucker.
去死吧你 你♥他♥妈♥的猪!
Right.
好了
Aw, thank you, my honey.
噢 谢谢你 我的蜜糖
You shouldn’t thank slaves.
你不应该跟奴隶说谢谢
No harm in it. It’s bad for discipline.
又没有坏处 有损军纪
Happy again this morning?
今天早上心情不错?
Niobe, then?
那内奥比呢?
How’s she going? I don’t understand her.
她怎么样? 我搞不懂她
All the hoo over her sister’s damn husband.
为了她妹妹那个该死的丈夫的事情大惊小怪的
Women, eh? Maybe she’s… she’s…
女人 呵? 也许她是… 她是…
She’s what?
她是什么?
I don’t know. Women, eh?
我不知道女人 唉?
Mighty vice-conqueror of Gaul,
强大的高卢副征服者
Mars and Bellona swell with pride at your doings.
男女战神都为你的所做所为而骄傲
And I say…
而我说…
Oh, good Juno, what cac you speak.
噢 我的神啊! 你说的是些什么废话啊
Would you just get on with your point, man?
你就说重点好不好?
Immediately, Your Honor. I…
马上! 大人 我…
Publics Servilius is here.
政♥治♥评论家赛尔维利斯来了
Ah, good. That’ll do for this crowd then.
哦 好 这下可以打发走这些人了
Off with you.
你下去吧
l… No, off with you!
我 你给我下去
Master of Horse and People’s Tribune Mark Antony
群马的主人 人♥民♥的护民官马克·安东尼
will receive your petitions tomorrow.
将于明天接待你们的请♥愿♥
Vorenus!
乌瑞纳斯!
Out!
出去!
Cynthia,
辛西娅
a pear, my love, hmm?
梨子 亲爱的 嗯?
Servilius,
赛尔维利斯
my dear old friend.
我亲爱的老朋友
How are you?
你好吗?
Healthy healthy , I thank you.
很好 身体很好 我谢谢你
Forgive me, have we met before?
恕我冒昧 我们以前见过吗?
Have we not?
我们没有吗?
No idea.
不记得了
I always pretend so with civilians.
我对待文官总是装成这样
It’s more politic, nay?
这样样更象个搞政♥治♥的 对不对?
And this must be your beautiful wife,
这位一定是你美丽的夫人了
whose name escapes me.
她的名字我一时想不起来了
Poppaea.
芭佩娅
A flower.
是一种花
You’ll excuse all the bustle.
你请别介意这儿乱糟糟的
I found Pompey’s taste in decor rather dull.
我发现庞贝的装潢品位实在是单调
I like a little more color.
我喜欢多点颜色
As you say.
正如你所说
You shall make it lovely, we are sure.
我们相信你一定会把它弄的很漂亮的
You’ll forgive me if I talk business with your husband?
原谅我要和你丈夫谈点公事了 好吗?
Of course.
当然
Pretend I am not here. impossible,
就当我不在这儿 这不可能
but I shall try. Now then…
不过我试试 现在…
I’m sure you’re aware that Caesar has
我相信你知道恺撒在希腊期间
left me in charge whilst he is in Greece.
让我留在这里掌管所有的事情
Yes. Off having fun chastising Pompey et al.
是啊 他可有好玩的了 去追庞贝那些人
Left me here to scribble and quibble
留我在这里像个他妈的文官一样
like a damned civilian.
做些动嘴皮子 动笔的工作
However, I am determined to make the most of it.
不过我下决心做到最好
I shall be a good politician ,even if it kills me.
做个好的政♥治♥家 虽然还不如杀了我
Or if it kills anyone else for that matter.
要么就是害得别人被杀
So you are, it seems,
好像 你是
the most senior senator left in Rome.
留在罗马资格最老的元老院议员
I have that honor.
很荣幸 我是
And a turnabout Pompeian to boot.
除此之外 还是庞贝一♥党♥的叛徒
Which is why I thought it could be amusing
正因为这样我认为这么做可能很有意思
if we made you consul for this year.
那就是 我们让你来作今年的执政官
Consul?
执政官?
That’s most kind… Allow me to finish speaking.
这是最好… 请允许我把话说完
When the Senate next meets,
下次元老院开会时
there are a couple of legislative items there are a couple of legislative items
有几项法律条款我希望能看到它们立即生效
I am sure you will be happy to assist.
我相信你一定会乐意支持的
l… l… item one:
我… 我… 第一项:
The Senate will ratify Caesar’s election as your co-consul for the coming year.
元老院将批准明年选举恺撒为你的共同执政官
But he is dictator in any case.
可是不管怎样他是个独♥裁♥者啊
It sounds so much better if he is consul.
还是说他是执政官比较好听
It’s more amicable. You got that?
更亲切 这条你听清了?
l… I have.
我… 我 是的
item two: You will propose
第二项:你要提议
the following law:
如下法律:
Forthwith, in every province of Italy,
即日起 在意大利每个省里
one third of all those employed
所有畜牧业和农业的从业者的三分之一
at laboring with cattle or in agriculture must be freedmen or citizens.
必需是自♥由♥人或是公民
I don’t understand.
我不明白
Too many slaves, you see?
有太多的奴隶了 你明白吗?
They’ve taken all the work,
他们做了所有的工作
which causes unemployment amongst the free populace.
导致自♥由♥的平民反而失业
Now,
现在
we need to create more jobs for our citizens.
我们需要为我们的公民制♥造♥更多就业机会
But it will be hugely expensive!
但这样会付出很高的代价啊
Mmm. It will.
是会
But only to those
但只不过是对那些拥有所有土地的
few rich men
极少数的有钱人
And they shall have the consolation
而他们也应该会很欣慰于自己
of having done something eminently patriotic.
做了一件非比寻常的爱国壮举
It seems rather…
这似乎比较…
extreme to say the least.
极段了 至少是这样的
Ruinous even.
甚至可以说是破坏性的了
You may well be right.
你有可能是对的
But frankly, I do not care whether it is the rich, poor,
但老实说 我才不管到底是富人还是穷♥人♥
or, indeed both that suffer.
还是他们两边都遭殃呢
Caesar wishes this law to be made.
恺撒希望制订这条法律
He is my friend, I will have it made.
他是我的朋友 我就要这么订
If you prefer, I could always bypass the Senate,
要是你愿意 我可以绕过元老院
call an Assembly of the People and you can put your arguments to them.
集♥合♥一群人♥民♥ 你可以跟他们议论
A fine orator like yourself might just persuade them
像你这样优秀的雄辩家说不定就能说服他们
that Caesar is wrong.
证明恺撒是错的
That won’t be necessary. Good.
那就不需要了 好
Good.
好
That’s it then.
那就这样
I don’t know what to say. Say nothing then.
我不知道说什么好 那就什么也别说
It’s often best.
这总是最好的
You know Posca of course, Caesar’s creature?
你肯定认识波斯卡吧 恺撒的傀儡
He’ll take all the details.
他会负责所有的细节的
Poppaea…
芭佩娅
my dove, if your husband should die…
我亲爱的 如果你的丈夫过世了…
come to me, we will marry, neh?
来找我 我们结婚 如何?