You are declaring war!
他会宣布战争!
Caesar will not have to accept or refuse the terms,
轮不到凯撒决定
because Mark Antony will immediately use Tribune’s Veto.
马克?安东尼会直接否决
But then, what is your purpose?
你的意图是?
If the Senate votes against him,
如果议会反对他
Caesar will finally understand
恺撒会明白
that he is alone against all.
他只有孤身一人
Of course, anything but an overwhelming vote
除了一张否决票
encourages Caesar to think he still has friends and hope.
让恺撒觉得还有希望
I am no friend to Caesar, nor any tyrant,
我不是恺撒的朋友
but I cannot vote for a proposal I do not wish to see realized.
但我不会投我不赞成的提议
It would be highly irreligious.
那样太没有信仰了
I have made a vow to Jupiter.
我向朱庇特宣过誓
Unless I get the full backing of the Senate tomorrow,
除非明天我能获得全部议员的支持
I and all my legions will sail for Spain
否则我就把我全部的军团带去西班牙
and leave you gentlemen to your own defenses.
让你们这帮绅士自生自灭
This is he? Crito?
这就是他?
He’s a good boy from good family.
他是个好孩子
Good enough to seed a child of the Vorenii
好到让大爷我的
who fought at Magnesia and Zama?
女儿怀孕?
I don’t rightly know, sir. You don’t rightly know?!
我不知道 先生 你不知道? !
Do you know that this girl is my property?
你不知道她是我的?
That you should have asked my permission
应该先征得我的同意
before you coupled with her?
在你们乱搞之前?
I’m sorry, sir. I am within my rights to kill you here and now.
对不起 我现在就有杀你的权利
Papa, please. Don’t you start sniffling.
爸爸 别 别现在才这样
You should have thought of this before you spread your legs.
你被搞之前应该先想到这些
They meant you no disrespect.
他们没有要侮辱你
What they did was only natural.
他们做的很正常
They’re young and they love each other.
他们年轻 又相爱着对方
That’s no excuse.
还是不可容忍♥
His mother’s family are well-found in Ostia for many generations,
他妈妈家里很有钱
and his father is a successful drover.
他爸爸又是很成功的商人
They have a house in the southern crossroads.
他们家就在街对面
A house built from cattle dung no doubt.
房♥间里肯定都是牛粪
It’s very hygienic, sir. There’s no smell.
那里很干净 一点味道都没有
There’s money in droving, at least.
至少家畜商还有钱赚
Good money, sir.
很多钱
I’m on the Capua run mostly…
对于我来说…
that’s 5,000 head a week sometimes, sir.
一星期至少5,000
He cannot be but what he is. When are you a man?
不可思议 你什么时候成人?
Next month, sir. Next month.
下个月 先生 下个月
Very well, you may marry my daughter.
很好 下个月你和我女儿成婚
Assure your good people that the dowry will be appropriate.
和你家人讲准备好嫁妆
He really is a good boy. You should be pleased.
他是个好孩子 你应该感到高兴
My daughter’s virginity has been taken
我女儿失去童贞
and my first grandson spawned, by an ill-favored prole.
我第一个孙子居然是穷♥人♥的孩子
How can I be pleased?
我怎么能高兴?
He makes her happy. She’s an idiot then.
他让她开心 她真是个傻瓜
What a brute you are!
你真残忍♥!
The Senate will hear Metullus Scipio.
议员们 听马赛琉斯说
Speak! Speak!
说吧!
Conscript fathers, I propose a formal motion.
议员们 我提议
Unless Gaius Julius Caesar
除非盖乌斯·优利乌斯·恺撒
immediately lays down his command,
立刻放弃他的指挥权
disbands his legions and returns to Rome for trial,
解散他的军队然后回罗马
this sacred assembly will declare him a public enemy
否则议会将宣布他是个公敌
of the Senate and People of Rome!
罗马人♥民♥的敌人!
After which time it will be the duty
在那之后
and the obligation of every Roman to do him harm
那将是所有罗马人的义务
or to kill him if they are able!
去杀掉他!
A motion is proposed.
议案已经提出了
Those in favor, make it known.
同意的请表态
The motion is carried by clear numbers.
议案通过
Antony!
安东尼!
Veto the motion!
否决它!
Stand up! Veto the motion!
快否决!
I demand the floor! I demand the floor!
大家安静! 大家注意!
Give him the floor! I veto the motion!
听他说! 我否议案!
Tribune vetoes the motion!
护民管否决议案!
Scipio’s motion against Caesar…
西比乌的议案反对凯撒
it doesn’t stand, does it?
立不住脚 对吗?
Stands.
立的住脚
Entered in the annals.
记入年报
Despite that Tribune raised his veto?
护民官反对也不行?
Not heard, not fully admitted.
反对没有成立
No weight.
分量不够
The motion stands.
议案通过
Let me be clear with you.
我跟你讲清楚
I do not wish
我不希望
that a motion as important as this
这样重要的议案
should stand on a mere trick of procedure.
用这种诡计通过
Trick, you say?
你说诡计?
This is a religious matter.
这是宗教的方式
There are no tricks in religion.
宗教里容不得诡计
Session was not formally ended, correct?
会议还没正式结束 对吗?
Correct. So, when we reconvene,
对 当复会后
it will formally be the same session.
还是一样
Then Tribune Antony may use veto on the motion.
护民官安东尼可以否决
That is so.
是的
Juno lnferna! Senile old fool,
天后朱庇特! 老笨蛋
why didn’t you say so to begin with?
为什么你一开始不说?
Mark Antony must not be harmed or hindered in any way.
马克·安东尼不可以收到任何伤害
But… In any way!
但是… 无论如何
It is vitally important that he be allowed to veto the motion.
让他能否决这个提议 这一点很重要
If he does not, Caesar is declared a traitor.
否则 凯撒就成叛国者了
Then he has no choice but to oppose me openly,
他就不得不反对我了
which means civil war.
然后就是战争
Antony must not be harmed!
马克·安东尼不可以收到任何伤害
Dominus, good news.
好消息
The Senate will reconvene tomorrow.
议会明天复会
Formally, it is the same session,
和上次一样
so you may yet exercise your veto on the motion.
所以你明天还可以否决
Hmm. Unless Pompey tries to stop me.
除非庞贝要阻止我
True, he may very well try.
很可能
Rally the men together.
把人们叫齐
Vorenus…
乌瑞纳斯
all of them.
所有的人
? Run and hide?
捉迷藏
? Run and hide?
捉迷藏
?The 13th are coming?
第十三个来了
? And your men are all dead! ?
你的人都死了!
I put extra nutmeg in, as you like it.
我多加了些肉豆
Oh, marry me, goddess.
嫁给我吧 女神
What, a porcine object like you?
像你这样的肥猪?
Besides, I am already wed, thanks be to evil spirits.
谢天谢地 我已经够惨了
You are wrong, friend-wife. He is a good man, your man.
你错了 他是个好人
A good man you say?
好人?
For years and years, I’d lie awake at night
这些年来 我每晚都在祈祷
and beg all the Gods to send him home.
让神把他送回来
I’d hear of this battle or that battle and…
我听到这场那场战役
I’d see him, clear as a glass,
我能清清楚楚地看到他
Lying dead and bloody in the mud somewhere.
满身血污的躺在地上
I was lonely.
我很孤独
I was so lonely.
很孤独
For eight years I wept.
八年来我一直哭泣
Every day, the girls asking, “When is Papa coming home?
每天孩子们都问 爸爸什么时候回家?
Is it today? When?”
今天吗?
And now he’s home, and I wish he was in Gaul.
现在他回来了 我却希望他还在高卢
He’s a cold, mean brute.
他真无情无义

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!