I commend you, Lucius.
我对你的做法表示欣赏 卢西尔斯
Vorenus is a strict Catonian.
乌瑞纳斯是位严格的卡托追随者
I believe in the divinity of the Republic.
我相信共和国的神灵
If Cato believes the same,
如果卡托和我的信仰一样
then I suppose I am a Catonian.
那我想我应该就是他的追随者
But Cato represents the rights of the nobility.
但卡托代表的是贵族们的权利
Surely a plebian like yourself would like to see some changes made.
像你这样的平民肯定希望能发生一些改变
It should remain as it was
在共和国成立时是什么样
at the founding of the Republic.
现在就应该是什么样
Why should that change?
为什么要改变它?
Because the Roman people are suffering.
因为罗马人♥民♥在受苦
because slaves have taken all the work.
因为奴隶们要做所有的活
Because nobles have taken all the land,
因为贵族们占有了所有的地
and the streets are full of the homeless and the starving.
而且遍街都是无家可归和饥饿的人们
Well, I had no idea my son was such a firebrand.
噢 我还不知道我孩子是这样的一个煽动者
The nobles say that Caesar is a war criminal.
贵族们说凯撒是个战犯
They say that he wishes to march on Rome and make himself king.
他们说他想要踏步走回罗马封自己为王
That is sacrilege. No man of honor would follow him.
那是亵渎神灵的行为 没人会跟随他的
Well, I’m no man of honor then,
恩 那我就失礼了
’cause I say that Caesar should ride in here with elephants
我会说凯撒应该骑着大象冲回这里
and squash Pompey and Cato and anybody else that wants it.
把庞贝 卡托以及其他那些想当国王的人给压扁
Never mind the law. That’s what I say.
去他的法律 我就这样认为
You say that because you govern your reason
你这样说是应为你不仅理智有问题
no better than you govern your tongue.
还管不住你的嘴
Forgive me, it’s my fault
不好意思 是我的错
for mixing politics and wine.
让大家在喝酒时讨论政♥治♥
More tench? A dormouse perhaps?
还要多些丁鲷吗? 或来只榛睡鼠?
Thank you, I won’t.
谢谢 我够了
Don’t mind my saying it,
别把我说的放在心上
but you two make unlikely friends.
但你们确实不是志同道合的朋友
We are not friends. I am his superior officer.
我们不是朋友关系 我是他的上司
By virtue of rank, if nothing else.
只是从等级划分来看
That is enough from you!
你已经说够了!
Please forgive our vulgar ways, madam.
请原谅我们鲁莽的行为 夫人
We are not fit for your presence.
我们在你面前显得很不得体
Not at all. I’ve enjoyed your company immensely.
没关系 和你们的相处让我感到无比高兴
It’s been most refreshing.
非常与众不同
And with your permission, we shall…
如果你同意 我们就…
leave you.
离开了
Do come and visit us again.
有空再来玩
Octavian needs reliable friends.
屋大维需要可信赖的朋友
He may depend on you, I trust.
他可能得依靠你们 我相信
As you say, madam.
如你所愿 夫人
Say again? I did not speak.
再说一次? 我什么都没说
I go this way.
我走这边
My home is behind the street of the cloth dyers,
我的家就在那条染色坊街的后面
if you…
如果你有什么需要…
Go with fortune, sir.
祝你好运 长官
The cleaner brothels are in the Suburra,
比较干净点的妓院
next to the Venereal Temple.
在性♥爱♥神殿旁
Niobe.
内奥比
You’re alive.
你还活着
What child is that?
那是谁的孩子?
Answer me.
回答我
What child is that?
那是谁的孩子?
He’s your grandson.
他是你的孙子
Speak sense, whore.
说话要有逻辑 妓♥女♥
Wait, now.
别动
Your grandson… the son of your daughter.
你的孙子… 你女儿的孩子
My daughter is only…
我女儿只有…
She’s 13, near 14.
她都13了 快14了
A son by who?
孩子的父亲是谁?
Crito, a Drover’s boy.
一个家禽商人的孩子
His name is Lucius.
他的名字是卢西尔斯
Niobe, stop.
内奥比 站住
I order you to stop!
我命令你站住!
Your father’s home.
你们的父亲回来了
Girls, this is your father.
女儿们 他就是你们的父亲
Daughters, I’m very pleased to find you healthy and good looking.
女儿们 我真高兴你们这么健康漂亮
A benefice you favor your mother, eh?
你们都喜欢跟你们的妈妈在一起吧 恩?
Now you see how ugly your father is.
你们的父亲却如此丑陋
Come here.
来
She’s not simple, is she?
她不轻信别人 对吧?
Greet your father properly as you’ve been taught to do.
向你们的父亲问好 就像我教你们的那样
Your pay stopped coming a year ago.
你的薪水一年前就不再寄过来了
The paymaster said you must be dead.
发钱的人说你一定是挂了
They said they don’t make mistakes.
他们说他们从来不会错
Damned fools! I’ll have it seen to.
该死的家伙们 我有叫他们寄的
A bit of a surprise to see me then?
那见到我一定有点吃惊吧?
A bit surprised to be called “whore.”
被叫妓♥女♥的却有点吃惊
That was… wrong.
我说错了
I am sorry for it.
对不起
A whore in front of everybody.
在大家面前叫我妓♥女♥
-I said sorry.
我说了 对不起
Is it as you like it? Less salt next time.
好吃吗? 下次少放点盐
So, how did you manage for money?
那 你们怎么挣钱的?
My sister Lyde and her husband helped us out.
我妹妹莱蒂和她丈夫帮助了我们
Well, you won’t need their help anymore.
你们不必再靠他们的帮助了
The big phallus is off a Suevi I killed in the Rhinelands…a very strong and fierce people.
那些巨大的阴♥茎♥是我从强壮的野人身上割下来的
Nice.
不错
My official spoils I’ve put into slaves.
正式的工资都换成奴隶了
They’re at the market.
都在市场
I should clear 10,000 denarii.
我净赚了10,000便士
That’s good news.
这是个好消息
By grace of Roma, for twelve moons hence,
以罗马的恩惠 十二个月亮的名义
thou art Tribune of Plebs.
在此赋予你护民管的职位
About time.
终于好了
I need a drink. indeed, sir.
我需要喝些酒 当然 长官
Perhaps after the meeting.
不过可能得先开会
Cicero.
西赛罗
My dear Atia, a pleasure.
我亲爱的阿提娅 真荣幸
Forgive us for imposing at such a ludicrous hour.
原谅我们选择这样不恰当的时间
Not at all, I adore it. The secrecy, the intrigue…
没关系 我非常喜欢这种神秘的气氛
it’s most thrilling.
十分令人激动
Comprehend, woman, this meeting is invisible.
请明白 女人 这是一次机密的会议
Be assured, Cato, I do not see you.
请放心 卡托 我看不见你
General Antony, we are…
安东尼将军 我们正…
Oh God, your beauty is painful.
噢 上帝啊 你的美丽真叫人痛苦
You are the crucifix of Venus.
你是将维纳斯钉死的十字架
Let me die in your arms.
让我在你怀中死去吧
‘Sist, Antony.
安东尼
Good evening to you all. General Antony.
大家晚上好 安东尼将军?
Tribune Antony, if you please.
请叫我安东尼护民管
You’re inside the sacred precincts of Rome,
你现在身处罗马里神圣的地方
but yet you wear the bloody red cloak of a soldier.
但你却仍然披着你那件血红的战士披风
It completely fell from my mind.
我完全没有注意到
I’m most extremely sorry.
我向你们致以最深厚的歉意
Will you forgive me, friend Cato?
你们会原谅我吗 我的好友卡托?
Atia, please, will you take this and burn it?
阿提娅 请把这个拿去烧掉
That’s not necessary. Is it not?
没这个必要 -是吗?
Then let’s stop all this blathering and get down to business.
那我们不要再说废话 直接切入正题吧
Blathering you say?
你说那些是废话?
What a congerie of heroes. Such vim!
真是有活力的英雄!
I feel like Helen of Troy.
我感觉自己就像特洛伊的海伦
Would you adjourn to the courtyard?
你们改到庭院中开会 怎样?
Speak, young Marcus.
说吧 年轻的马克
What have you to tell us?
你有什么可以告诉我们的?
I have been delegated by Caesar to negotiate a compromise.
我被凯撒任命前来谈判妥协条约
Caesar wishes to avoid bloodshed.
凯撒希望避免发生流♥血♥冲♥突♥
He wishes to be seen as a man of reason and probity.
他希望别人觉得他是个和情合理的人