You think he says such things to his wife?
你认为他跟他的妻子也这么说吗?
“Affection”? What’s that?
“情意”? 是什么?
He could not say “love.”
他不可能说”爱”
Would you have him pluck a harp?
你难道还想让他为你弹竖琴吗?
He’s a soldier, not a poet.
他是个军人 不是诗人
The day dwindles.
天色渐晚了
Our guests will be arriving.
我们的客人要到了
You ride well, almost as well as me.
你马骑地不错啊 几乎和我差不多好了
Pullo, you will address me correctly.
波罗 注意你对我的称呼
Almost as well as me, sir.
几乎和我差不多好了 长官
Me, I’m a natural. My father was a Ubian probably.
我是天生的 我猜我父亲大概是个努比亚人
Where did you learn to ride so nice?
你从哪儿学的骑术 这么好?
Please yourself. Only trying to be pleasant.
你爱说不说吧 我只不过是想气氛融洽点
My mother’s people raised horses in Mutina.
我母亲家那边的人在穆提那养马
Mutina, near Reggium? Up round there?
穆提那 靠近瑞吉姆? 在它北边附近?
Up there. Good country.
在北边 好地方
Listen, sir, thank you, for taking me on this job.
听着 长官 谢谢你带我来干这个差事
A noble way to make amends.
这是个很大度道歉的办法
Amends?
道什么歉?
For getting me into this cac by calling me names.
我被关进监狱是拜你所赐啊
Think nothing of it. Never. I won’t forget.
不客气 不 我不会忘记的
Titus Pullo never forgets a favor.
泰图斯·波罗从不忘恩
Hah! What you mean, “Hah”?
哈! 你”哈”是什么意思?
What do you think our chances are of finding the eagle?
你觉得我们找到鹰旗的机会有多大?
13th never fails, eh?
13军从不辱命 不是吗?
Little or no chance. The eagle might be anywhere.
几乎没有机会 鹰旗可能在任何地方
Buried, melted down, sunk to bottom of the sea.
被焚烧了 熔化了或者是被沉到海底了
We are hunting a black dog in the night.
我们等于是在黑夜里追踪一只黑狗
And not finding the eagle is much the same as losing it.
而找不到鹰旗和把鹰旗搞丢了差不多是同罪的
We will be disgraced. Now, I chose you
我们会颜面尽失的 所以 我选择你
because you are disgraced already and condemned to die.
你因为你已经够丢脸了 而且你有死罪在身
So you weren’t making amends at all, then?
那么是说你根本就不是在赔礼道歉喽?
Pullo, in effect, you’re dead already.
波罗 事实上你已经是死路一条了
The loss of one drunken fool does little damage to the legion.
死一个酒鬼蠢货对军团来说根本不算是损失
If I’m dead already then, sir,
如果我已经死路一条了 长官
you should take care how you speak to me.
你得要注意跟我说话的语气
If I’ve got nothing to lose,
如果我已经一无所有了
what’s to stop me cutting you into little gobs
那又有什么能阻止我把你剁成肉酱
and riding off, eh?
然后骑马而去的呢?
What’s to stop me, sir?
有什么能阻止我的 长官?
Well, if your honor as a soldier
要是作为一个第13军团的战士的荣誉感
of the 13th isn’t enough,
还不足以阻止你的话
then I’ll have to rely on my superior fighting skills.
那么我就要靠自己高超的博斗技巧了
Superior fighting skills? Mmm.
高超的博斗技巧? 嗯
Very good.
很好
And of course, you have to imagine long hair down to here,
当然 你们还要想象一下 这么长的头发
huge moustaches, the most horrific stench.
浓密的胡须 最让人恶心的臭味
They eat only raw meat and never wash.
他们只吃生肉 而且从不洗澡
Oh, they do have one admirable custom.
哦 他们的确有个令人钦佩的风俗
They settle their political disputes
他们解决政♥治♥争端的方法
by single combat to the death.
是靠一场生死格斗
Excellent idea. isn’t it?
绝妙的办法 不是吗?
Mother is always nagging me to attend politics.
妈妈总是唠叨要我参与政♥治♥
Well, it’s been our family’s tradition
这是我们家族的传统
and duty for…
还有责任…
500 years.
五百年了
It is such dreadfully dull stuff.
都是些枯燥的可怕的东西
Now you see,
你看
if our Senate conducted business in the German style,
如果我们的元老院也按日耳曼风格来办事
I should certainly go and watch.
那我就肯定会去看的
Yeah, no tedious lawsuits and endless debates,
是啊 没有冗长的诉讼和无止境的争辩
just swords, daggers…
只有剑和匕♥首♥…
much more entertaining.
那就有趣多了
Brutus, a word.
布鲁图斯 过来说句话
Tell me, you are a good judge.
告诉我 你是个好裁判
How is my dear friend Caesar?
我亲爱的朋友恺撒如何?
Well, he is…
呃 他…
he’s been better, I think.
他还不错 我觉得
Very… very weary, to be honest.
很… 很疲倦 老实说
A little demoralized. Caesar demoralized?
有点意志消沉 恺撒 意志消沉?
Never. His standard was stolen.
绝不会 他的军旗被偷了
How did he let a foolish thing like that happen?
他怎么会让这样的蠢事发生?
I don’t know,
我不知道
but his manner and uproar about it…
但他对这件事的态度还有这件事引起来的骚动
you know how plebeians can be about such things…
你知道那些庶民对这样的事会有什么反应
desperate to come home, mutinous.
不顾一切地想回家 都很想造♥反♥了
I have heard there was some discontent,
我听说了那里有些不满情绪
but mutinous? Hard to believe.
但造♥反♥? 难以置信
Can you imagine?
你可以想象嘛
After all he has done for them,
毕竟 他这样对他的将士
he is not sure whether they will…
他也不敢肯定他们会不会…
will fight for him anymore.
再继续替他卖♥♥命打仗了
And the lower classes have a very very crude sense of loyalty.
而且这些下等人也没有什么所谓忠心的意识
No offense. Eh?
我无冒犯之意 啊?
I don’t mean you. You are lower class,
我不是说你 你也是来自下层社会的人
but that is to say, the lower class in general, however.
不过 我是说下等阶层的人 一般而言
A very crude sense of loyalty.
都没有什么忠心的意识
Excuse me.
失陪一下
“My dear niece,
“我亲爱的侄女
I hope you and the children are well.
我希望你和孩子们都过地好
I have a task for you.
我有个任务给你
Policy dictates I give a new wife to Pompey,
政策上我应该给庞贝找位新夫人
but I have been gone too long to know who among the females
但我走了太久 所以不知道
of our family would be suitable.
我们家族里的女性 哪个合适
I would ask Calpurnia,
我可以去问卡尔普蕊娜
but though an excellent wife,
尽管她是个出色的妻子
she has no eye for this kind of business.
可是办这样的事 她却没什么眼力
Do me the favor of selecting whichever girl
帮我个忙 挑选任何一个
you think most likely to please
只要是你认为最能取悦庞贝的人
and offer her to him in my name.”
然后以我的名义把她送给他”
Excuse me, I was far away.
哦 对不起 我想事情想得出神了
Caesar has no bad news for you, I hope.
我希望 恺撒没带给你什么坏消息吧
No, not at all. Not at all.
不 一点也没有 一点也没有
What a lovely party. Thank you.
多美好的宴会啊 谢谢你
Not as lovely as you look in that dress.
还是不及你穿着这条裙子那么美好
Shh.

And Octavia… beautiful.
还有奥克塔维娅… 真漂亮
Well, I try.
这是我的努力的结果
She will insist on slouching.
她自己总是很懒散 不修边幅的
Where’s Octavian?
屋大维呢?
He’s in Gaul.
他去高卢了
Great Mother says no harm shall come to your boy.
圣母说你的儿子不会有危险的
Good.
那就好
Tell me now, how goes your marriage?
跟我说说 你的婚姻如何?
Glabius is a good man.
格雷毕斯是个好男人
You surprise me.
你这么说我很惊讶
I always thought there were difficulties between you.
我一直以为你们俩之间有问题呢
Must you always have a needle in hand?
你一定总要这样一针见血吗?
I was only asking. Excuse my curiosity.
我只不过是问问 原谅我的好奇
There was some difficulties in the past,
过去是有些困难
but we overcame them.
但是我们已经克服了
We love each other very much.
我们很相爱
Well, that’s a shame. Now I feel bad.
哦 真遗憾 现在我觉得不安了
I thought you’d be overjoyed.
我原以为你会很高兴的
What do you mean?
你什么意思?
Uncle Julius intends to marry you
舅公优利乌斯打算把你嫁给
to Pompey Magnus.
庞贝?麦格纳斯
Uncle Julius intends…
舅公优利乌斯打算…
Pompey is a touch low in manner,
我知道庞贝的品位是有点低
but I’m told he’s a perfectly adequate lover.
但我听人说 他是个完美无缺的爱人

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!