But sleep won’t come The whole night through
你出轨的心会影响你
Your cheatin’ heart
Will tell on you
你独自走着
You’ll walk the floor
叫着我的名字
And shout my name
时间不够了 我们必须要发表了
The hours are creeping down.
我会写好的
– We got to get the story. – I’m getting it!
你那边时间不够了 我不过每天都在熬夜而已
I’m only up all fuckin’ night when the hours are creeping down.
已经给了你♥他♥妈♥好几个星期了 拉里
Well, I mean, you had two fuckin’ weeks, Larry.
-做什么? -讲故事写文章
To do what. To get a story
-而不只是… -我给过你故事了 我给…
– instead of… – I gave you a story, I gave you…
但你的故事里面全他妈是漏洞
That had a lot of fuckin’ holes in it.
但你是个官僚
– Well, but you’re a bureaucrat. – Oh, bullshit.
-胡扯 -你就是
– Where do you get that crap – You ask…
-你这都是哪儿学的? -你问…
你是个官僚
You are a bureaucrat.
你♥他♥妈♥问我的都是…
You ask me fuckin’…
《华尔街日报》才会问的问题
uh, Wall Street Journal questions.
-胡扯 -你问我的都是这些问题
– Bullshit. – Those are the questions…
美国他妈每一个人都想知道…
Everybody in the fuckin’ country wants to know…
你问我的是音乐圈相关的问题
You’re asking me music business questions, man.
这也是一部分 不是吗?
That’s part of it, isn’t it
但那不是孩子们想读的东西
But that’s not what the kids wanna read.
-你怎么知道? -我了解孩子 我问过他们
– How do you know – I know kids, man! I ask them.
…呼喊我的名字
…and call my name
《滚石杂♥志♥》的兴趣在于
Rolling Stone magazine was interested in the economics,
经济状况 这些人都拿了多少钱
how much are these people getting paid…
为什么随着巡演继续下去 他们也去更大的演出场所表演
You know, why are they playing bigger halls as the tour went on
这是他们问的问题
Those were the kind of questions they were asking,
我对这些东西屁都不在乎
and I didn’t give a shit about that.
我关心的
I mean, what I was concerned with was,
是要记录下这个文化盛事
you know, chronicling this…this, uh, cultural event.
能请你喝杯啤酒吗?
– Can I offer you a beer – Sure.
当然
-给你 -谢谢
– There we go. – Thank you.
现在的年代没有很多美第奇家族
There ain’t too many Medicis around these days,
而且
and
不管你是去和许多人巡演
whether you’re out on the road with a lot of people,
或者是拍电影
or you’re making a movie,
或者任何需要资源的创意性的行为
or any kind of creative endeavor that takes resources,
都需要钱
you need money.
你需要去找那些相信能赚回本钱
And you gotta go to somebody who believes that they’re gonna get their money back more.
也许还能多赚一点的人
and maybe a little
所以没错 艺术和商业之间总是有
So, yeah, there’s always this natural tension
这种天然的张力的
between art and commerce.
好吧 不如砍掉杰克的一首吧
Okay, how ’bout… We gotta cut one of Jack’s.
-不行 -他说砍掉骡夫的
– He says to cut “Muleskinner.” –
-砍掉骡夫 -砍掉骡夫?好
He wants to cut “Muleskinner.” All right. Okay.
我和鲍勃谈吧
I’ll talk to Bob about this.
-艾伦要表演吗? -五分钟
– All right, Allen’s gonna do something – Five minutes. Very brief.
告诉你吧 这里的观众完全不同
You got a whole different audience. Did you look at those people
艾伦
Alan
他们都不认识琼·贝兹或者其他人
They’re not familiar with Dylan or Baez or anybody else.
-是 -如果你上去聊诗歌♥
Right. If you go up and spill poetry for any length of time,
聊很长时间 他们肯定就走了 明白吗?
they’re gonna be, you know, gone, you know
两分钟 两分钟搞定 艾伦
Make it two minutes, Allen.
两分钟已经足够了
Two minutes is plenty, I’m telling you.
-好吧 -要不要再砍掉几个?
– Okay. – What about more cuts
-好的 两分钟 -我们还要砍掉一些
– Two minutes. – We’re still cutting.
演出原本是三个小时
The show was originally three hours.
金斯堡本来要上台的
Ginsberg, who appeared in the show originally,
但演出的时间不够了
there was not enough time for him to perform during the show,
所以他的部分被砍了
so his section was cut.
他和彼得·奥尔洛夫斯基 就成了行李搬运工
He and Peter Orlovsky became the baggage handlers.
我们会把行李放在门外 他每天都会帮我们搬运
We would put our bags outside the door, and he would take them every day.
你♥他♥妈♥是个行李搬运工?
You’re a fuckin’ luggage handler
-是的 老天 我有时候还给人按♥摩♥ -你是个诗人!
– God, yeah, and I give massages sometimes. – You’re a poet!
我给自己找点事情做
I make myself useful around, on the, uh…
帮克里斯做新闻通讯 写新闻通讯
Uh… helping Chris with the newsletter and putting out the newsletter.
-你就打杂? -打杂 是的
– You do errands – Errands, right.
我他妈不敢相信
I can’t believe this shit.
这是什么鬼巡演?
What kind of tour is this
你是伟大的诗人
You’re a fuckin’ great poet, Peter.
学习 练习弹班卓琴
I’m learning… Been practicing banjo, and I’ve been sitting every morning…
我每天早上会静♥坐♥
Uh, tomorrow morning, we’re gonna sit with Allen for one hour.
明天早上我要和艾伦一起静♥坐♥
-一小时 -做什么?
– To do what – After we wake up, sit and meditate.
睡醒之后 静♥坐♥冥想
在加拿大多伦多 戈登·莱特福特家搞的派对
At a party at Gordon Lightfoot’s house,
Toronto, Canada.
琼尼·米歇尔会在派对上唱新歌♥
Joni Mitchell, she would go out and do her new songs.
不会唱热门的歌♥
She wouldn’t do any hits.
观众对于这些新歌♥的反响比较沉默
And the audience reaction was a little sort of muted for these new songs,
因为艺术家尝试新歌♥的时候 大部分都是这样
as it usually is when artists try to do new songs.
我记得她过来说
And I remember, she came off and she said,
“麦奎因 我不知道为什么 我害怕上场 我不能够…”
“McGuinn, I don’t know why I’m so scared out there. I just don’t…”
我说:“因为你一直在唱新歌♥
I said, “You’re just doing new songs.
你应该唱几首他们听过的 这样他们就会放松一点”
You ought to do something that they recognize, and then they’ll, you know, loosen up.”
她说:“不行 我不能这么做 我觉得这样不好”
She said, “No, no, I… I can’t do that. I think that’s a bad idea.”
我很佩服她有勇气只唱新歌♥
I admired her for her courage to do the new stuff only.
她的这些个都是在巡演途中 为了这次巡演写的
Joni wrote this song about this tour, and on this tour, and for this tour.
好的 D小调
Okay, D-minor now.
有点不和谐音
Yeah, some dissonance.
我一直高调宣称 我最喜欢的三位男性词曲作者
I had been loudly proclaiming that my three favorite male songwriters
是鲍勃·迪伦 莱纳德·科恩 和金基·弗赖德曼
were Bob Dylan, Leonard Cohen, and Kinky Friedman.
所以琼尼有天在后台质问我说
So, Jonistarted interrogating me backstage one day, saying,
“什么叫男性?
“What do you mean, male
为什么要特别区分男性词曲作者?
Why do you make that distinction, male songwriters
我的歌♥呢?
I mean, what about my stuff
你不把我的作品
I mean, don’t you characterize my stuff, like, you know,
和鲍勃及莱纳德·科恩 放在同一级别吗?”
in the same league as Bob and Leonard Cohen”
我们就开始了大规模的讨论
And we got into this long discussion about,
男女的不同视角 荣格的分♥析♥心理学中的阿尼玛斯
well, the male versus female perspective, and anima-animus,
男女的互动关系等等
and, you know, male-female dynamic, and everything, you know.
成了一个持久的对质 我们也因此成了朋友
But it became this long, drawn-out confrontation, and we bonded on that.
不要后悔 大灰狼
No regrets, Coyote
我们只是来自不同的背景
We just come from such different sets Of circumstance
我整晚都在录音室里
I’m up all night in the studios
而你则一大早就在你的牧场醒来
And you’re up early on your ranch
梳理种母马的鬃毛
Brushing out a broodmare’s tail
太阳慢慢升起
While the sun is ascending
而我则拿着录音带刚刚到家
And I’ll just be getting home With my reel-to-reel
无法理解
There’s no comprehending
骨骼 肌肤
Just how close To the bone and the skin
眼眉和唇齿多么接近
And the eyes and the lips you can get
却依然觉得如此孤单
And still feel so alone
仍然觉得相关
And still feel related
像是驿站中的一个
Like stations in a relay
你不是个肇事逃逸司机 不是的
You’re not a hit-and-run driver No, no
快速开走
Racing away
你只是接了一个搭便车的乘客
You just picked up a hitcher
在高速公路上 是白色线条的囚徒
A prisoner of the white lines On the freeway
我们看到一个农舍烧毁
We saw a farmhouse burning down
在偏远的角落
In the middle of nowhere
在深夜时分
In the middle of the night
我们直接无视了那场悲剧
And we rolled right past that tragedy
一直开到路边有灯的地方
Till we came to some roadside lights
一些当地的乐队在表演
And a local band was playing
当地人在舞池里矫揉造作地摇摆
Locals were mincin’ And shakin’ on the floor
下一件我知道的事情就是
The next thing I know
大灰狼来到了我家门口
That Coyote’s at my door
他把我堵在了一个角落里 听不进去我的拒绝
And he pins me in a corner And he won’t take no
把我拖进舞池
He drags me out on the dance floor
靠得很近 跳着慢舞
滚雷巡演:鲍勃·迪伦传奇(2019)
Rolling Thunder Revue: A Bob Dylan Story by Martin Scorsese