♪闭上你的眼睛♪
♪ Closing your eyes ♪
♪找更多的借口♪
♪ making more excuses ♪
♪扯羊毛…♪
♪ pulling the wool… ♪
-是的。-能再来三个吗?
– Yeah. – Can you make it three?
-好吧,干杯。——干杯。
– Well, cheers to that. – Cheers.
我总是在想”哟,嗬,嗬,我要过海盗的生活”
I always think of, “yo, ho, ho, a pirate’s life for me.”
我就是这么想的。
That’s-that’s what I think.
我的意思是,那是……但你一直在巡演…?
I mean, that’s… But you’ve been, you’ve been touring for…?
从我18岁开始,是的。
Since I was 18, yeah.
你知道吗?
You know?
你知道,但这很奇怪。
You know, but it’s weird.
我要回家……我开心了一个星期,然后我就开始变得,像疯了一样,好像我应该做点什么。
I-I’m home for… i’m ridiculously happy for a week, and then I start getting, like, crazy, like I should be doing something.
我称之为苦乐参半的诅咒。
I call it the bittersweet curse.
没有什么比回家更好的感觉了。
Nothing feels better than going home.
没有什么比离开家更好的感觉了。
And nothing feels better than leaving home.
-你说对了——你知道吗?
– Yeah, you got a point. – You know?
我喜欢看着他在生活中逐渐获得影响力。
I loved watching him pick up influence as he went along through life.
他是一个伟大的美国故事讲述者,他一开始是一个偷♥窥♥狂。
He’s a great American storyteller, and he started off as a voyeur.
他正在看这些,并详细描述你们所看到的伟大故事。
He’s watching these and detailing these great tales of what you’re seeing.
然后,突然间,他开始活在他所讲述的故事中。
And then, all of a sudden, he’s starting to live those stories that he’s telling.
他开始往里面看了。
He’s starting to look inside.
“我想我之前说过”
“I think I said earlier”
“我要告诉你真♥相♥。”
“that I was gonna tell you the truth.”
“这是其中的一部分。”
“This is part of it.”
“我不能胜任这份工作。
“I was unqualified for the job.
“我当时处在水深火热之中。
“I was in deep waters and fast-flowing ones at that.
洋流随时可能在没有预警的情况下发生变化。”
The currents could change at any time without warning.”
“和很多旅行者一样,我开始从窗外向内看,”开始透过越来越窄的镜片看外面发生了什么”
“Like a lot of travelers, I started to turn inward “from the view out the window, “started to see what was going on out there through an ever-narrowing lens.”
据说我应该忠于我选择的噩梦。
It is written that I should be loyal to the nightmare of my choice.
我想我现在明白那是什么意思了。
I think I now understand what that means.
你想当我的飞行员?
You want to be my pilot?
是的。
Yeah.
我看不出有什么问题。
I don’t see what the problem is.
我觉得天气不错。
Weather looks fine to me.
我相信我们会没事的。
I’m sure we’ll be fine.
哇。好了。
Wow. Nice.
安全形势好,天气不太好。
Security situation good, weather not so good.
顺便问一下,你害怕吗?
Are you frightened, by the way?
是啊,看看他。看着他。他非常害怕。
Yeah, look at him. Look at him. He’s scared shitless.
我不喜欢坐飞机。
I don’t like flying.
我认为刚果,毫无疑问,是我们节目中最危险的地方。
I think that the Congo was, without question, the most dangerous place we ever made the show.
这是一件无法做到的事。
It was something that couldn’t be done.
这是很重要的一部分,我们总会想办法去做一些我们做不到的事情。
That was a big part of it, and we’re always gonna figure out a way to do something that couldn’t be done.
每个人都能得到他想要的一切。
Everyone gets everything he wants.
我想看看刚果。
I wanted to see the Congo.
因为我的罪过,他们让我。
And for my sins, they let me.
这是我小时候读到过的地方。
This is a place I read about as a boy.
在《黑暗之心》中,康拉德把它描述为一条扭曲的蛇,它的头在大西洋,尾巴深埋在非洲的心脏。
In heart of darkness, Conrad described it as a twisting snake with its head in the Atlantic ocean and its tail buried deep in Africa’s heart.
刚果实现了一个巨大的梦想。
Congo was a fulfillment of an enormous dream.
在我们小小的幻想中,我们正在经历末日时刻。
In our little fantasy, we were having our apocalypse now moment.
我们租了条可靠的船,我将任命你为威拉德船长。
We’ve rented a trusty vessel, and I shall dub thee the captain Willard.
托尼在寻找方法让自己不仅能理解世界还能理解自己。
Tony was finding ways to push himself towards his not just understanding of the world but understanding of himself.
你是刺客吗?
Are you an assassin?
我是一个士兵。
I’m a soldier.
就像,他在那部电影里是哪个角色?
It’s like, which character is he in that film?
他们说我的方法不合理。
They say my methods are unsound.
我的方法不合理吗?
Are my methods unsound?
你认为我的方法不合理吗?
Do you think my methods are unsound?
上校,我没看到任何方法。
I haven’t seen any method at all, colonel.
在刚果,他是一个把自己推入一个没有法律、没有秩序、没有结构的疯狂世界的人。
In Congo, he got to be someone who has pushed himself into the lunacy of a world without law, without order, without structure.
他拿着一把三英尺的大砍刀站在那里指挥刺杀鸡群。
He got to stand there with a three-foot machete and direct the assassination of chickens.
当你真正深入旅行的时候,我认为你会有一种渴望,想要去挠它,它就在那个信封的边缘,在那个混乱统治的地方。

When you get really deep into travel, I think there’s an itch that you want to scratch that is out on the edge of that envelope, where chaos rules.
因为它剥去了我们生活中所有的功能技巧,只留下感官体验。
Because it strips away all of the functional artifice of how we go through our life, and it leaves you with just the sensory experience.
著名厨师和畅销书作家安东尼·波登(Anthony bourdain)有一个新计划,部分未知,它展示了波登发现一个国家或文化精髓的天赋。
Anthony bourdain, the renowned chef and best-selling author, has a new program, parts unknown, and it showcases bourdain’s gift for finding the essence of a country or a culture.
是关于新闻业,还是关于旅游业?
Is it about the journalism, or is it about the tourism?
是关于人吗?是关于食物吗?
Is it about the people? Is it about the food?
这是食物、政♥治♥和坚定的个人观点的奇怪结合。
It’s a strange combination of food, politics and a decisively personal point of view.
他在以色列、巴勒斯坦领土、墨西哥和法国里昂的报告简直棒极了。
His reports from Israel, the Palestinian Territories, Mexico and Lyon, France, were simply superb.
他旅行了大约66.2万英里。环游世界26次。
He’s traveled roughly 662,000 miles… Around the globe 26 times.
其实我去丹吉尔是因为你去过那里。
Uh, you know, I actually went to tangier because you had gone there.
你对我的影响很大。
And you’ve had a big impact on me.
托尼很清楚自己有提升别人声音的能力。
Tony was very aware of his own ability to promote other people’s voices.
但我确实认为,即使我们搬到CNN,他赢得了一个皮博迪奖和几个艾美奖,他开始质疑谁从这些节目中受益。
But I do think that, even though we moved to CNN, he won a peabody and several emmys, he began to question who was benefiting from these shows.
好吧,那我们就用电视拍张照片。
Okay, so we’re just gonna set up a shot with the TV.
我躺在床上看CNN。
Me laying on the bed, watching CNN.
——好的。——利比亚的消息。
– Okay. – Libya news.
这是CNN。
This is CNN.
今天是1月25日,星期五。
It is Friday, January the 25th.
我是克里斯蒂·卢·斯托特。这是……我不是新闻迷。
I’m kristie lu stout. This is… I’m not a news fan.
我不是记者。
I’m not a journalist.
我不是一个拥护者。我不是教育家。
I’m not an advocate. I’m not an educator.
我不是想激励你或者…我没有政♥治♥目的。
I’m not looking to inspire or, uh… I don’t have a political agenda.
如果说有什么不同的话,那就是我非常喜欢去一个地方思考一件事,结果却完全错了。
If anything, I like very much going to a place thinking one thing and being completely wrong about all of it.
他是一名记者,政♥治♥人士,但他是一个讲故事的人。
He was a journalist and he was political, but he was a storyteller.
我想,他当时并没有意识到自己有多么政♥治♥化。
And he didn’t realize, I think, how political he was.
我们尤其倾向于看到中东和非洲的地方。我们只有在糟糕的事情发生时才会看到它们。
We tend to see places in the middle east and Africa in particular… We only see them when bad things happen.
如果你关注新闻,你会想起阿尔及利亚的绑♥架♥,突尼斯的动♥乱♥,南部的恐♥怖♥分♥子♥,埃及的致命暴♥乱♥,

If you just follow the news, you’ll be reminded about kidnappings in Algeria, unrest in Tunisia, terrorist cells to the south, deadly riots in Egypt,
当然还有伊♥斯♥兰♥极端分子在班加西发动的袭击,导致美国大使丧生。
and of course islamic extremist attacks in Benghazi that killed the U.S. ambassador.
所有这些都是非常现实的问题。
All those things are very real concerns.
但如果你只看新闻,你可能会错过更大的图景。
But if you only look at what’s on the news, you can miss maybe what’s a bigger picture.
你可以看到他越来越多地旅行。
You can literally see it as he goes and travels more and more and more.
根本就不是为了吃,你知道吗?
It was almost never about food, you know?
我觉得是托尼在学习如何成为一个更好的人。
I think it was about Tony learning how to be a better person.
你知道,我每天都在小方面模仿基♥督♥。
You know, I try to emulate Christ in small ways every day.
你会怎么做?
You do?
是的。
Yeah.
你不能告诉吗?
Can’t you tell?
我的意思是,以一种完全不失礼的方式。
And I mean that in a, in a completely non-disrespectful way.
不,不,我能想象。
No, no, I can imagine.
我是说,你在努力。
I mean, you’re trying.
你的节目鼓舞了很多人。
You are inspiring so many people with the show.
你有一个好的因果报应。
You have a good Karma.
真不敢相信你会这么说。
Can’t believe you say that.
-是的。——好业力呢?
– Yeah. – Good Karma?
我想是的。
I think so.
嗯…-你不担心吗?-这是一个好的因果报应。
Well… – Doesn’t this concern you… – This is a good Karma.
作为佛教?
As a Buddhist?
-看,我们现在在普罗旺斯。-是的。
– Look we’re sitting here in provence. – Yeah.
——所以呢?-等一下。
– So? – Wait a minute.
-我们刚吃了一顿很棒的饭。-是的。
– We just had this fantastic meal. – Yeah.
2010年之后的2011年。
We’re moving on to the 2011 after the 2010.
诚然,对你来说,生活是相当甜蜜的。
Life, admittedly for you, has been pretty sweet.
是的。
Yeah.
-你不担心吗?——没有。
– Isn’t that worrying to you? – No.
我们坐在普罗旺斯。就像酒标一样。
We’re sitting in provence. It’s like a wine label.
来世不可能比这更好。
The next life cannot possibly be better than this.
可能会很糟糕。
It’s probably gonna suck.
好好享受这一刻吧,埃里克。
Enjoy every minute of this now, Eric.
和祈祷。
And pray.
祈祷吧,祈祷就这样吧,因为如果你是对的还有来生,我们就完了,朋友。
Pray, pray that this is it, because if you’re right and there is a next life, we are fucked, my friend.
我可能会变成海参,但你会变成约克犬。
I may come back as a sea cucumber, but you’re coming back as, like, a yorkie.
或者,你知道,如果你幸运的话。
Or, you know, if you’re lucky.
我要约克犬。
I’ll take the yorkie.
到最后,托尼就会变得很黑暗,伙计。
At the end of the day, Tony’s dark as fuck, man.
举个例子。
Give you an example.
每个人都问托尼最喜欢什么音乐,他总是给出同样的狗屁答案,比如《96个谜》或者那首该死的歌♥。
Like, everyone asked Tony’s fucking favorite music, and he would always give the same bullshit answers, like, uh, uh, “96 mysterios” or that fucking song.
-他喜欢那首歌♥。——“96年眼泪。”
– He loved that song. – “96 tears.”
“96的眼泪。”
“96 tears.”
他喜欢”超级苍蝇”
And he loved, um, “super fly”
还有柯蒂斯·梅菲尔德的原声带
and, um, and Curtis Mayfield’s soundtrack.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!