一是,你知道,我喜欢和托尼乱搞。
One was that, you know, I enjoyed fucking with Tony.
你知道吗?我是说,那是…我们都用自己的方式惹过他。
You know? I mean, it was… Uh, we all sort of fucked with him in our own ways.
你知道,竞争非常激烈,所以每一集都有压力。
You know, it was very competitive, and so the bar got pushed every single episode.
托尼什么都参与了。
Tony was in on everything.
每一场演出都很重要。
Every show was something that was important.
每一场演出都有他的用心。
Every show had his care in it.
每一场演出都可能有他的愤怒。
Every show potentially had his wrath.
我收到过多少封邮件,”让编辑去死吧”
I mean, how many emails I got, “tell editor to UN-fuck itself.”
我得把这句话翻译给编辑。
And I had to translate that to the editor.
他会说,最大的罪恶是平庸。
He would say that the greatest sin is mediocrity.
“有抱负的平庸。
“Aspiring to mediocrity.
“一部好电视剧的结局有一个残酷的,不可避免的,而且完全可以预测的轨迹”。
“There is a grim, inevitable “and all too predictable trajectory “to the passage of a good episode of television.
“人们并不像你的奴才们认为的那么愚蠢。
“People aren’t as stupid as your minions clearly believe.
“他们不需要真♥相♥” “用无意义的陈词滥调”或平淡无奇的总结”
“They don’t need the truth “pounded home with meaningless platitudes “or bland, generic sum-ups.
他们会得到它。”
They’ll get it.”
它持续了好几页。
And it goes on for several pages.
“不要让这些松鼠球呆子为所欲为”。
“Don’t empower these squirrel-balled nerds “by letting them get their way.
“他们会像饥饿的鸭子一样”把这个节目啃个精光。
“They will then nibble this show to death “like hungry ducks.
一如既往,致以最良好的祝愿和敬意,托尼。”
As always, best wishes and respect, Tony.”
这封信是写给他真正喜欢和尊敬的人的。
And this was written to somebody he truly liked and respected.
如果每个人都喜欢这个节目,他会很烦恼。
It bothered him if everyone liked the show.
他说”这应该能引起讨论”
He was like, “it should create conversation.”
他多大了?
How old is he?
他还记得飞机吗?
D-Does he even remember the planes?
他还是个孩子。
He was a child.
他不记得。
He doesn’t remember.
不记得。这些年来……他是一个令人震惊的反文化声音。
Doesn’t remember. All these years… He was a shockingly countercultural voice.
我是说,我和他合作过的很多国家都还在应对美国所做的一切所带来的后果。
I mean, so many of the countries I worked in with him were still dealing with the fallout from whatever america had done.
对他来说,失去了一切,因为他是…一家之主,养活全家。
For him, it’s losing everything, uh, because he’s the… The head of the family, feeding the family.
所以在失去双臂和双腿之后,这对他来说是一场巨大的灾难。
Um, so after losing his arms and his legs, uh, it’s-it’s a great disaster for his life.
他想知道你是否害怕看到现实。
Uh, he wants to know if you are afraid of seeing the-the reality.
啊。害怕吗?
Ah. Afraid?
嗯,哦,不。
Um, uh, no.
很疼,但我觉得这很合适。
It-it hurts, but I think that’s appropriate.
你知道,它应该。我认为美国人…每个美国人都应该看到战争的结果。
You know, it should. I think Americans… Every American should see the results of war.
我想是…至少我能做的是睁开眼睛看看这个世界。
I think it’s, uh… the least I can do is to-to see the world with open eyes.
你会注意到,总的来说,我不是我自己。
You’ll notice that, in general, I’m not myself.
你那刻薄的态度呢?
Where’s the snark, the attitude?
你觉得这个怎么样?
Well, what do you say to this?
我真的不知道。
I honestly don’t know.
人不是统计数据。
People are not statistics.
当然,展示这些小东西是有价值的。
Surely there’s value in-in showing the little things.
她的生意怎么样?你能问问她吗?
How’s business for her? Uh, can you ask her?
这次不太好。
Not re… Not really good this time.
——不是好吗?——没有。
– Not good? – No.
我的意思是,这个国家的情况是,人们没有任何收入,没有钱,所以他们不能在街上买♥♥食物。
I mean, the country’s situation, people don’t have any income, any money, so they can’t buy food in the street.
你可以想象一下。
So you can imagine that.
,看看…所以你才会看到很多人在这里乞讨。
That, see… That why you see a lot of guys here begging, you know.
“你能给我买♥♥些食物吗?”你能给我点什么吗?”
“Can you buy me some food? Can you give me something?”
我们处理的最大的问题是,你知道的,像墙上的苍蝇一样进入一个地方,却没有任何效果。
The biggest issue that we dealt with was trying to be, you know, the fly on the wall and-and going into a place and not having an effect.
比如,这一集就是一个很好的例子,它只是想要帮助别人,而且它还昂起了它丑陋的头。
Like, this episode is a prime example of just trying to help, and it rearing its ugly head.
我们有这么多剩菜。
We have all this leftover food.
托尼说,我们就把它给这里的人吧
Tony’s like, “let’s just give it to the people here.”
你知道,他们饿了,当然混乱随之而来。
You know, they’re hungry, and of course mayhem ensued.
大一点的孩子,就像是,把小一点的孩子赶出队列,这是一个非常丑陋的场景。
Larger kids were just, like, throwing younger kids out of the line, and it was a very ugly scenario.
我想托尼最终明白了不仅仅是食物。
I think Tony ultimately saw that it wasn’t just food.
这个世界上有痛苦,而且似乎无处不在。
There’s suffering in this world, and that seems to be omnipresent.
你怎么花时间和别人相处,你怎么同情他们的困境…这怎么能不从根本上改变你呢?
How do you spend time with people and-and-and you empathize with their plight… How does that not change you fundamentally?
哟。哟。
Whee. Whee.
你要去外太空?
You going to outer space?
是的。
Yes.
会更高。
Going higher.
他一年要出差250天,你知道,当你回家的时候,你必须做一个丈夫,你必须做一个父亲。
He was traveling 250 days a year, and, you know, when you come back home, you have to be a husband, you have to be a father.
在仅有的一点时间里,他非常专心。
With the little time he had, he was very attentive.
海滩上的沙堡,一整天。
Sandcastles on the beach, all day long.
我想这对他来说是一个惊喜和冲击,在他晚年,能体验到这样的爱。
I think it was a surprise and shock for him, that late in life, to experience that kind of love.
我能用这只手吗?
Can I use this hand?
没关系。用这只手。
That’s okay. Use that hand.
我们把它拉出来,用手抓面包屑。
We’ll pull that out and use that hand for the crumbs.
没关系。
It’s okay.
这深深打动了他。
It moved him to his core.
我觉得他一直都意识到,不想把事情搞砸。
And I think he was constantly aware of, like, not wanting to screw it up.
你现在真的在这个国家吗,还是这只是海市蜃楼?
Are you really in this country right now, or is this a mirage?
我是我的特技替身。
I-I am my stunt double.
你就不能找个好看点的吗?
Couldn’t you get someone better-looking?
是的。哦!
Yeah. Oh!
该剧的粉丝们认为他拥有世界上最伟大的工作,但这是一份永远无法逃避的工作。
Fans of the show think he had the greatest job in the world, but it was one that there was no way to ever escape from.
一天回家都不能不是安东尼·波登。
Couldn’t really go home for a day and not be Anthony bourdain.
你要做什么样的?
What kind are you making?
饼干。哪一种最好?
Cookie. What’s the best kind?
我不知道。你遵守童工法了吗?
I don’t know. Uh, are you observing child labor laws?
他的女儿以前经常开玩笑说,“我是安东尼·波登。”
His daughter used to do this joke where she would get up and say, “I’m Anthony bourdain.”
嗨。我叫安东尼·波登。
Hi. My name’s Anthony bourdain.
“你可能在诸如……之类的电视节目中认识我。”
“You may know me from such TV shows as…”
也许你是在一些节目里认识我的,呃…她知道她父亲和安东尼·波登是两个截然不同的人。
Maybe you know me from such shows as, uh… She knew that her father and Anthony bourdain were very separate entities.
你挖鼻子挖得可真费劲,小姑娘。
You’re picking that nose pretty hard there, young lady.
哦!上帝!
Oh! God!
“我不想再扮酷了。
“I’m through being cool.
或者,更准确地说,我已经不再“考虑任何人都可以考虑从我身边散发或居住的酷的可能性”。
“Or, more accurately, I’m through “entertaining the notion that anybody could even “consider the possibility of coolness emanating from or residing anywhere near me.”
所有人都对着镜头。
Everybody kick to the camera.
Hi-yah !
Hi-yah!
“酷的真谛”就是不关心。
“The essence of cool, after all, “is not giving a fuck.
让我们面对现实吧,我现在绝对在乎了。”
And let’s face it, I most definitely give a fuck now.”
你知道,我这辈子,就像个孩子鼻子紧贴着玻璃,就像,在想,有个孩子,一个正常的家庭是什么感觉
You know, my whole life, I was like a kid with my nose pressed against the glass, like, wondering, you know, “what must it be like to, like, “have a kid and, you know, a normal family
“然后,穿着这条傻乎乎的围裙站在后院烤汉堡?”
“and-and stand in the backyard with this silly apron, you know, barbecuing burgers?”
-所以当我发现…-我能照张相吗?
– And so when I find… – Can I get a picture of that?
当我发现自己这么做的时候,我就会开心得可笑又愚蠢。
When I find myself doing that, I am, like, ridiculously, stupid happy.
我现在做了很多很酷的事。
Like, I do a lot of pretty cool shit now.
我周游世界,我看到了所有神奇的事物,但我最开心的是当我站在后院,就像电视里的爸爸,因为……我感觉正常。
I travel all over the world, I see all these amazing things, but I’m never happier than when I’m standing in-in the backyard being, like, TV dad, because… I-I feel normal.
你知道吗?不管那是什么意思。
You know? Whatever the hell that means.
那是什么意思?
Yeah, what does that mean?
我过着奇怪的生活。
I live a very strange life.
当我回家的时候,我会努力地做饭来弥补。
I try to make up for it when I go home by cooking aggressively.
比如,我试图用食物杀死我周围的人。
Like, I try to kill people around me with food.
就像”吃,吃,你懂的。
You know, like, “eat, eat, you know.
你为什么不吃饭?你不爱我吗?”
Why aren’t you eating? Don’t you love me?”
他在国内的生活中游手好闲,但那种对国外生活经历的渴望……你知道,就好像如果他不在那里,一切就会溜走……同样伟大。
He straddled the world of being the domestic guy, but that pull for the experience outside… You know, like as if it was gonna slip away if he wasn’t there… Was equally as great.
他总是匆匆忙忙的。
He was always rushing.
他到处跑。
He was rushing everywhere.
他急着进入现场。
He was rushing to get into the scene.
他急着要离开现场。
He was rushing to get out of the scene.
急着离开这个国家。
Rushing to get out of the country.
急着去下一个地方,即使他无处可去。
Rushing to go somewhere next, even if he had nowhere to go.
♪抽时间……♪
♪ Making time… ♪
独自一人在地球上旅行是我习惯的旅行方式。
Traveling the earth alone is what I’m accustomed to being on a tour.
作为父亲,我们因为那种感觉而团结在一起,那种感觉就像,“我在这里是为了让自己露出一部分。”
And as fathers, we bonded over that feeling and feeling like, “I’m here to give a piece of myself away.”
随着时间的推移,这可能会变得很困难。
And, um, as the years go on, that can be difficult.
♪每个人离开……♪
♪ Everybody leaving… ♪
——关闭。——风。那是风。
– Close. – The wind. That was the wind.
正确的。我们得,我们得,把这个因素考虑进去。
Right. We got to, we got to, you know, factor that in.
好了。
There we go.
我们一见如故。
And we just hit it off.
你怎么称呼永恒的乐观主义者?
What do you call an eternal optimist?
有呼机的手风琴演奏者。
An accordion player with a beeper.
交朋友很难。
It’s hard to make friends.
站在枪尖上,就像在寻求孤独。
To be at the tip of the spear, it’s like asking for loneliness.
哦!
Oh!
哦,是的。
Oh, yeah.
那混♥蛋♥已经失血过多了。
That motherfucker bled out already.
直刺颈静脉。
Straight to the jugular.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!