厨师安东尼讲述了餐馆里面包的真♥相♥,你点肉的时候应该怎么做,还有鱼会让你生病的真♥相♥。
Chef Anthony says the truth about bread in a restaurant, how you should prepare your meat when you order it, and also the truth about fish could make you sick.
我上一家餐厅关门后心情很不好我觉得没有理由不告诉你这个我既喜欢又有复杂感情的生意。
I was in a cranky mood after my last restaurant closed and, uh, felt no reason not to tell the truth about a business I both love and, uh, have mixed emotions about.
《厨房♥机密》是托尼在厨房♥生活的回忆录,以及他和厨师们的咸味冒险经历。
Kitchen confidential is a memoir of Tony’s life in the kitchen and the salty adventures that he had with his cooks.
这有点无法无天。
It was kind of lawless.
就像托尼常说的,很多东西都破碎了。
You know, a lot was broken, as Tony used to say.
波登先生是les halles餐厅的行政主厨。
Mr. Bourdain is the executive chef at les halles.
他在很小的时候就取得了成功并染上了完全的海♥洛♥因♥瘾。
He found success and a full-blown heroin habit at an early age.
我曾经吸毒成瘾,吸食可♥卡♥因♥,但到了88年,我已经改过自新了。
I had a dope problem, a cocaine problem, but by ’88, I pretty much cleaned up my act.
每个厨师都需要的膳食补充剂。
The dietary supplement that every chef needs.
我一天要吃十颗左右。
I take around ten of these a day.
这是阿司匹林和泰诺的混合物。
It’s an aspirin/tylenol mix.
叫他们脆。
Call ’em crunchies.
让我带你来个梦幻之旅看看我们今晚的菜单。
Let me take you on a notional joyride through our menu tonight.
我们有酸模酱烤鲑鱼。
We have grilled salmon with sorrel sauce.
小牛肉肾脏。
Veal kidneys.
顺便说一句,这些肾真的很好。
These kidneys are really good, by the way.
喜欢水上运动的人会发现有很多可以喜欢的。
Those of you into water sports will find much to love.
我记得第一次见到他时,我就在想,哇,你又高又帅又风趣。
From the first time I met him, I remember thinking, “oh, wow, you’re, like, tall and handsome and funny.
“但你有点像个大书呆子。
“But you’re kind of a big nerd.
“你对所有事情都很厌烦,而且有点尴尬,”
“You’re nerding out on everything, and you’re a little awkward,”
我喜欢他这一点
and I love that about him.
“在les halles,生活一如既往,”每天都有同样的工作人员准时到场。
“At les halles, life goes on as always, “the same crew showing up on time every day.
艾迪,卡洛斯和奥马尔,伊西多罗和天使。
“Eddy, “Carlos and Omar, isidoro and angel.
“他们仍然和我在一起,我希望他们继续和我在一起。
“They’re still with me, and I hope they stay with me.
然而,当我的老板们读到这篇文章时,“如果他们不能马上给我写信,他们就真的会证明自己是艺术的赞助人。”
“My bosses, however, when they read this, “will really prove themselves patrons of the arts if they don’t can me right away.”
所以你没有解雇他?
So you didn’t fire him?
我没有解雇他。
I didn’t fire him.
我不知道有这么写。
I didn’t know it was being written.
我不知道这本书会出版。
I didn’t know it was going to be published.
有一天,我到了餐厅,就问”发生什么事了”
Uh, one day, I arrived at the restaurant, and I just said, “what happened?”
你♥他♥妈♥的开什么玩笑。
You’re fucking kidding me.
今天有人告诉我,我猜,这个月12号♥,这本书会在《泰♥晤♥士♥报♥》畅销书排行榜上排名第七。
I was told today that on, I guess, the 12th of this month, it’ll be number seven on the times best seller list.
因为是在20码,不是吗?然后,呃…我是说,我接到了祝贺电♥话♥,他们说我有本畅销书。
‘Cause it was on 20, wasn’t it? And then, uh… I mean, I’m getting congratulatory calls, and they’re telling me I have a best seller.
真的,这很可怕。
Uh, really, it’s scary.
不,这是令人兴奋的。这是美妙的。
No, it’s exciting. It’s wonderful.
是的,我只是……我对门外发生的任何事都持怀疑态度。
Yeah, I just… Anything that happens beyond that door I’m suspicious of.
他总是拖欠房♥租,总是拖欠,你知道的,他总是过着一份又一份的生活,就像在高压锅里一样。
He was always behind in the rent, always behind his, you know, payments and-and-and living from paycheck to paycheck, like in a pressure cooker.
所以当有机会时,他已经准备好了。
So when there was this opportunity, he-he was ready.
在我43岁的时候,”我真的以为我所有伟大的冒险经历都已经结束了,”节目的娱乐和刺♥激♥部分早就结束了”

“By the time I was 43, “I really thought that I had had all my great adventures, “that the entertainment and excitement segment of the program was long over.”
——怎么了?——谢谢。
– What’s up? – Thank you.
这是很酷。
That was cool.
“我舒适地安顿在安全的住所里和妻子在一起她仍然觉得我偶尔很有趣”
“I was comfortably ensconced “in secure digs with a wife who still remarkably found me to be amusing on occasion.”
什么?你在干什么?你接受采访吗?
What? What are you doing? You’re giving interviews?
你在干什么。
What are you… you media hoe.
“我有一份热爱的工作”在一家成功的餐厅,而且我还活着,天哪。
“I had a job I loved in “a successful restaurant, and I was alive, for Christ’s sakes.
我还在。”
I was still around.”
我在家不做饭。
I don’t cook at home.
我只是…我太…我很乐意告诉你,你知道的,我回家会给我妻子做美味的小点心。
I-I just… I’m too, uh… I would love to tell you, you know, I go home and-and cook fabulous, uh, little snackies for-for my wife.
如果我告诉你那是在撒谎。
I would be lying if I told you that.
更像是”亲爱的,喊中文”
It’s more like, “honey, call out for Chinese.”
“事实证明,有很多种方式”来表达”去舔我的鸡♥巴♥”
“There are, it turns out, a million ways “to say ‘suck my dick.’
就像所有伟大的表演一样,“关键在于时机、语气和表达方式,有点像烹饪。”
“and like all great performances, “it’s about timing, tone and delivery, kind of like cooking.”
谢谢。
Thanks.
你知道吗,电视上的厨师都很可爱。
You know, all the TV chefs are so cuddly and adorable, you know.
也许我就是解药之类的。
Maybe I’m the… sort of like the antidote or something.
你知道吗?我不知道。
You know? I don’t know.
对我来说,这发生在一夜之间。
For me, it happened overnight.
我是说,前一分钟,我还是一家餐厅的厨师,不是一家特别棒的餐厅,下一分钟,我就成了一名作家,一夜之间就成名了。
I mean, one minute, I was a cook at a restaurant, and not a particularly great one, and the next, I was an author, and it was literally overnight.
它从天而降。
It fell in my lap.
现在请到安东尼·波登,《厨房♥机密》的作者。
Joining me now is Anthony bourdain, author of kitchen confidential.
安东尼……厨师安东尼……这是安东尼。
Anthony bourdain… Chef Anthony bourdain… Here’s Anthony bourdain.
你对这些人有什么看法,比如emeril lagasse和那些在食品网络上的人?——哇。
What-what do you think about these guys – like emeril lagasse and those guys on the food network? – Wow.
你是在让我,在电视上踢圣诞老人的裆部。
Y-You’re asking me to, you know, kick Santa claus in the crotch on television.
我的意思是……我的生活变得越来越可笑。
I mean… My life gets more and more ridiculous.
显然,布拉德·皮特会在电影里扮演我。
Apparently, Brad Pitt will be playing me in a movie.
是啊,猜猜明天有什么。
Yeah, guess what’s, uh, tomorrow.
——明天是什么?——奥普拉。
– What’s tomorrow? – Oprah.
不!你是在跟我开玩笑吧!
No! You’re kidding me!
这位是安东尼·波登。
This is Anthony bourdain.
他的《厨房♥机密》是《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》的畅销书。
His book kitchen confidential is a New York times best seller.
我生来就会做饭。
I was born to cook.
我喜欢满足人们的欲望。
I loved satisfying people’s appetites.
接下来,我要和艾梅里尔一起跳蓝巴达舞。
Next, I’ll be, uh, doing the lambada with emeril.
砰!只是有点……
Bam! Just a little…
我讨厌我自己。
I’d hate myself.
谢谢。
Thanks.
哦!哇!
Oh! Whoa!
——啊。-托尼·波登太棒了!
– Ah. – Tony bourdain rocks!
怎么了,伙计?一切都好吗?
What’s up, man? Everything good?
-生活很美好。——是的,是的。
– Life is good. – Yes, yes.
我们在庆祝托尼的书。
We’re celebrating Tony’s book.
-过来,姑娘。在这里。-嗨。
– Come here, girl. Get in here. – Hi.
-你好吗?——好。
– How you doing? – Good.
-我是托尼。-嗨。
– This is Tony. – Hi.
-你好。——哦,祝贺你。
– Howdy. – Oh, congratulations.
我们玩得很开心。
We’re having a good time.
哦,哦,下一个?
Oh, oh, the next one?
不,下一个,我要做一个厨师之旅。
No, the next one, I’m doing something called a cook’s tour.
基本上,我要环游世界,吃异国风味的食物,去远东、非洲和南美冒险……有一群人在追我
Basically, I’m gonna travel around the world, eating exotic food and having adventures in the far east and Africa and South America… With a crew chasing me.
嘿,约翰,过来。
Hey, John, come here.
我那15分钟的”成名”经历结束后,就算不能松一口气,我也会觉得很舒服。
You know, my 15 minutes of quote, unquote “fame,” uh, you know, when that’s over, uh, I will be perfectly comfortable with that, if not relieved.
我想我现在甚至松了一口气。
I think even relieved at this point.
当我第一次见到他时,他对厨房♥机密已经引起了轰动。
When I met him for the first time, he had made a splash with kitchen confidential.
我听说他签了一份合同,要写第二本书《厨师之旅》,于是我给他打了电♥话♥。
I had read that he had a contract to write a second book called a cook’s tour, and I called him.
——是吗?-我说”我是制♥作♥人”——做好事。
– Yes? – And I said, – “hey, I’m a producer.” – Doing good.
“你有没有想过把库克的巡演拍成系列节目?”
“Would you ever even consider making cook’s tour into a series?”
然后他,你知道的,他就像,你知道的,”随便吧”
And he, you know, he was like, you know, “yeah, uh, whatever.”
——你知道吗?“当然。”——确定。
– You know? “Sure.” – Sure.
他对在电视上做任何事情都感到非常困惑。
He was very nonplussed about the whole idea of doing anything in television.
这不是他所想的。
It was not what was on his mind.
再见。
Bye-bye.
一周半后,我和克里斯·柯林斯去了莱斯·哈勒斯。
A week and a half later, Chris Collins and I went up to les halles.
我们找到了托尼,和他一起拍了个样带,还和他聊了聊。
We found Tony, shot a demo with him and had a conversation with him.
很明显,他从未出过国。
And it became immediately clear he had never traveled.
莉迪亚和我是比托尼·波登更伟大的世界旅行者。
Lydia and I were far greater world travelers than Tony bourdain.
他的旅行在他的脑海里。
His travels were in his head.
我想去遥远的异国情调的地方那里有棕榈树那里穿着军装的青少年拿着机关枪。
You know, I want to go to faraway exotic places with palm trees and where teenagers in army uniforms carry machine guns.
我从小就看《深红海盗》
Growing up as a kid, you know, I watched the crimson pirate.
你知道的,所有的海盗和坏人都有伟大的冒险。
You know, all pirates and bad guys having great adventures.
托尼的世界观来自书籍和电影。
Tony’s view of the world emanated from books and from films.
他几乎像百科全书一样,能抓住所有这些参考文献。
Almost in an encyclopedic way, he could grab all these references.
我想他很高兴踏上这段旅程,看看现实是否与想象相符。
And I think he was excited to go on this journey to see if the reality actually matched the imagination.
2000年12月我们出发的那一刻,是不可磨灭的。
That moment when we set out in December of 2000, it’s indelible.
我们的第一次旅行,持续了六个星期。
Our first journey was, um, for six weeks.
记住,我们只花了一次……有一天和托尼一起走到那一刻。
And remember, we’d only spent one… One day with Tony leading up to that moment.
托尼的形象,我的意思是,我认为,在那一刻,是一个非常不确定将要发生什么事的人。
The image of Tony, I mean, it was, I think, a guy who, at that moment, was very unsure of what was about to happen.
这种方式。
This way.
你知道,我在一个艰难的行业里看着一个奇怪的,呃,不可预测的未来,我不完全熟悉规则,当我熟悉它们时,我……
You know, I’m looking at a strange and, uh, unpredictable future in a tough business with rules that I’m not com-completely familiar with, and when I become familiar with them, I…
你知道,我不知道我是不是那么喜欢他们。
You know, I don’t know whether I like them that much.
我们一起上路了,就我们三个。
We hit the road together, just the three of us.
莉迪亚和我刚刚结婚。
Lydia and I had just gotten married.
然后我们有了托尼,一个我们几乎不认识的人。
And then we had Tony, a guy who we barely knew.
所以就像三个白♥痴♥想要弄清彼此。
So it was like three idiots trying to figure each other out.
首先是日本。
The first shoot was Japan.
我们都不知道自己在做什么。
Like, we didn’t know what we were doing.
他肯定不知道自己在做什么。
He definitely didn’t know what he was doing.
托尼立刻变得不舒服和尴尬。
And Tony immediately became uncomfortable and awkward.
我们很快就会发现。
What we would find out very quickly is.
托尼其实是个很害羞的人。
Tony was actually a very shy human being.
为了让他进行眼神交流或互动,这不是他的自然状态。
And to get him to make eye contact or to interact, it wasn’t his natural state.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!