Besides, it isn’t you. It’s the gold.
让威斯成为小偷,克比变成猪,而让你成为个傻子
It made a thief of Weston, a pig out of Colby and a fool of you.
话又说回来
One thing about you, though.
你让别人卷进麻烦,不过你自己也卷了进去
You get somebody in trouble, you get right in it with ’em.
不过你可以从麻烦得到些什么
Only trouble should get you somewhere.
– 不过我却没得到什么 – 你当然有,你得到同样的结果
– It never gets me anything.
– Sure it does. It gets you more of the same.
他不是一般的人
Not some people.
– 你是说威斯吗?- 是的
– You mean Weston?
– Yes.
无论如何!他是会付出些代价
He’s going to get someplace, no matter what it takes.
– 因此你才要嫁给他吗? – 关你什么事
– Is that why you married him?
– What do you care?
你丢了你的戒指
You lose your ring?
你什么都知道,对吧!正如,孩子说的
You know everything, don’t you? Like the kid says.
这对我来说没什么
It’s nothing to me.
我们还没结婚
No. We’re not married.
我们打算在县城结婚
We were gonna be married in Council City.
我们永远到不了了,对吧!
We’re never gonna get there, are we?
正如你说,谁又到得了
Like you said, who gets anywhere?
孩子睡着了,你现在可以跟我说了
The boy’s asleep. You can tell me now.
我宁愿咱们没来这
I would have said we’d never get here.
喝完它!
Finish it.
你是个怪人
You’re a strange man.
有时根本不像个男人
Sometimes not like a man at all.
– 像个动物吗? – 不,我不是这个意思
– Like an animal?
– No, I didn’t mean that.
那天,我也不是那意思
I didn’t mean it either, back there.
有时你自己也很怪
You know, you’re sort of on the strange side yourself.
你和克比肯定能到县城去
You’d have been surer of getting to Council City with Colby.
你怎么不和他一起呢?
Why didn’t you go with him?
这你还问吗?像他那样的人
You have to ask? A man like that?
那威斯是个什么样的男人?
Well, what’s a man like Weston?
你知道什么?他的事你怎么会知道呢?
How would you know? How would you know anything about him?
他一生要的是什么,经历了什么
What he wanted all of his life, or what he’s been?
你只知道,他对你所做的一件事
You only know the one thing he did to you.
一件疯狂的事,因为他走投无路
The one crazy thing, because he was desperate.
– 关于他去淘金的事 – 关于他这一生
– About a hunk of gold.
– About his life!
你对他的外在和内在根本分不清
You can’t even see the difference between him and that man back there.
他们在等我们吗?
Are they waiting for us?
抓鱼还差不多
The fish have a better chance.
他才是
Or him.
他们为什么不能放过我们
Why can’t they get along without us?
他们也想确定一下
They just wanna make sure of it.
– 你看到他了吗? – 我看到那两个其中之一
– Did you see ’em?
– I saw the one with the man’s horse.
– 什么人? – 是克比
– What man?
– Colby.
那些鸟
Those birds.
– 那些秃鹰 – 对
– They’re buzzards?
– Yeah.
看
Look!
他们会下来吗?
Can they come down?
只要他们找到适合的地方下来,谁知道在哪
As soon as they find the right place. They’ll know where it is.
儿子!把枪给我
Hand me that rifle, son.
小心
Look out!
马特,那边
Matt! Over there!
枪给我
Give me the rifle.
没了
They’re gone!
绳子拿来
Get the rope!
前面就是县城了
Well, there it is. That’s Council City.
– 你到那儿想吃什么呢? – 一杯咖啡,给我自己
– What do you want when we get there?
– A cup of coffee. A whole cup for myself.
好的
You’ve got it.
你想要什么?
What do you want?
你还是想找他,是吧!
You’re still going after him, aren’t you?
你明白的
You know that.
– 我怎么说也是没有用吗? – 没有用
– Nothing I could say would change it.
– Nothing.
那我想要一事,在你找他以前,先让我和他谈谈
Then I’ll want one thing. Let me find him first and talk to him.
让我单独见他,对他解释,这要求不多吧?
Let me see him alone and explain. That isn’t much, is it?
也许正是他需要的
It might be all he needs.
只要几分钟,一点时间
Just a few minutes, a little time.
好的!凯
All right, Kay. You’ve got it.
– 你不相信,我们能抵达,对吧! – 是不太相信
– You never believed we would make it.
– Not very often.
我知道你行
I knew you would.
我知道当一个男人满怀恨意时,什么事都可以办到
I knew that if a man hated as much as you did, he could do anything.
– 换成爱意也是一样 – 爱什么?
– Or loved as much.
– Loved what?
他,就为了他,不是为了马或是枪,还是抢了东西的人
Him. It was for him. Not the horse or a gun or the man who took them.
事情正是因此而起,我想事情最好的一面便是这了
That’s just how it began. I guess that must be the best thing there is.
– 什么? – 如此深深被爱
– What?
– To be loved that much.
看!我们的马在这儿
Look! Here’s our horse!
– 看来他在这儿了 – 我希望他不在
– Well, it looks like he’s here.
– I was hoping he wasn’t.
– 我还希望他回到你住的那地方 – 不可能
– I was hoping he’d gone back to your place.
– No chance.
– 他为何要在此地呢? – 因为他以为我永远到不了
– But why did he stay here?
– Because he knew I’d never make it.
马特·克尔
Matt Calder!
我还以为你还在你农场上
I thought you was down there on your farm
被印第安人砍掉了头
with a tomahawk in your head.
宾,我还想保住头,我只剩下这个了
No, I like to keep my head. It’s about the only thing I’ve got left.
这匹马很不赖,是谁的呢?
That’s a fine animal. Who belongs to it?
一个叫威斯的
Fella named Weston.
– 我上哪里可找到他呢? – 对街那个黑金块牌子那
– Where can I find him?
– Across the street at the Black Nugget.
乖乖,你站着样子像是想找他比划
Say, you look like you could stand a shot yourself.
不是,你里面有咖啡吗?
No, but we could use some coffee. You got any?
什么都有!不过没有小馅饼,进来吧!
Got everything but paté de foie gras. Come on in.
– 他说黑金块那间? – 是的
– He’s at the Black Nugget.
– Yes.
– 别去太久 – 好
– Don’t be too long.
– No.
告诉他我在这儿,他可以逃,不过不能藏起来
Tell him I’m here.He can run but he can’t hide.
他才不会逃,跟他谈谈吧!给自己个机会来发觉
He won’t run. Just talk to him. Give yourself a chance to find out.
还有给你机会
I’m giving you the chance.
她要上哪呢?
Where’s she going?
她马上回来,走!我们去喝咖啡
She’ll be back.Come on. Let’s get that coffee.
凯!亲爱的
Kay! Honey!
哈瑞,你为什么不回去
Why didn’t you start back, Harry?
我觉得我在这里也不错
I thought I was doing pretty good just to make it to here.
坐嘛
Have a seat.
你是怎么来的
How’d you get here?
– 是克尔吗? – 是的
– Calder?
– Yes.
– 好的,他人呢? – 他在小店喝咖啡
– All right. Where is he?
– He’s at the store having coffee.
– 他在等 – 等我吗?
– He’s waiting.
– For me?
等我们
For us.
他让我先过来看你
He let me see you alone first.
先?先什么呢?
First? Before what?
你现在应该都知道了
You oughta know by now.
– 你想喝点什么吗? – 不
– Would you like something?
– No.
不用了,杰克
Nothing, Jack.
有什么好说的?
Well, what’s there to talk about?
依你所做的,他可以让你吊死
He could have you hanged for what you did.
他可以杀了你,没有人会怪他
He could kill you and nobody would blame him.
我会怪他
I might.
我跟他说,你为何这么做,我们为何会这么做?
I told him why you did it, what it was that made both of us the way we were.
我想他最后是相信我了
I think he believed me at last.
现在看你了,你也得去告诉他
Now it’s up to you.You have to tell him, too.
– 告诉他什么? – 实话!哈瑞
– Tell him what?
– The truth, Harry.
你是无路可走,你不是故意要危害他或是孩子
That you were desperate. That you didn’t mean to harm him or the boy.
你怎么会认为他会听我解释呢?
What makes you think he’ll listen to me?
因为他是那种人,因为那个男孩
Because of the kind of man he is,and because of the boy.
还是因为是你的关系呢?