什么 你要我把它带回去吗
What, you want me to take it home?
我不懂怎么照顾猴子
I can’t take care of a monkey.
他不是猴子 是猩猩
He’s not a monkey, he’s an ape.
富兰克林 我
Franklin, I…
就几天
It’s just for a couple days,
等我给他找个安身之所 拜托了
until I find a sanctuary. That’s all I need.
富兰克林 不行 他不是我的责任
Franklin, no. Look, this isn’t my responsibility.
他是公♥司♥的财产
This is company property.
好 我这么跟你说吧 博士
Okay. I’m going to tell you what, Doc.
雅各布让我解决其他十二只
Jacobs made me put down the other 12.
我受够了
I’m done.
你请自便吧
Be my guest.
-你好 -你好
– Hey. – Hi.
-你好像很累啊 -是的
– Oh, you look beat. – Yeah.
他怎么样
How is he doing?
他时好时坏
Well, he has good days and bad days.
今天不怎么在状态
Today, not so good.
虽然他一直在引用莎士比亚的作品
Although, he has been quoting Shakespeare.
你养了只宠物啊
Oh, you got a pet.
就临时养养
Just a temporary house guest.
养只宠物可能对他有帮助
Oh. Well, it might be good for him.
-是的 -晚安
– Yeah. – Good night.
荣誉证书 授予 查尔斯·罗德曼先生
最受喜爱的音乐教师
你好 老爸
Hey, Dad.
-老爸 -威尔
– Dad? – Will!
我没听见你进屋
Hi. I didn’t hear you come in.
今天是个大日子 对吧
Today is the day, right?
你以为我忘了
You thought I’d forget.
今天你有个重要的考试对吧 是化学吗
You have a big test today, right? Chemistry?
老爸 有东西给你看
Hey, Dad, do you want to see something?
什么
What?
这是什么 他受伤了吗
What is that? Is he injured?
没有 那是个胎记吧
No, I think that is a birthmark.
出自莎士比亚《安东尼与克莉奥佩屈拉》
“但是对于凯撒
“But as for Caesar,
他却跪下去 跪下去 惊服赞叹”
Kneel down, kneel down, and wonder.”
别太投入了
Yeah, don’t get too attached.
他真太可爱了 是吗
He is a cute little guy, isn’t he?
我的车钥匙呢
Where are my car keys?
-我的车钥匙 你放哪里了 -老爸
– My car keys! Where did you put them? – Dad.
你现在不开车了
You don’t drive anymore.
我知道
I know that.
给你
Here,
你来喂他吧
why don’t you feed him?
-你行吗 -当然可以
– Can you do that? – Of course I can.
威尔 快来看
Will, look at this.
他出生才多久 一两天吧
How old is he? A day old? Two days old?
他真聪明 不是吗
Well, he is a smart one, isn’t he?
你准备给他起什么名字
What are you going to name him?
还不知道
I don’t know.
三年后
自出生起
Right away,
凯撒就显示出了高智慧的迹象
Caesar displayed signs of heightened intelligence.
所以我留下了他并在家里进行研究工作
So I kept him and brought my work home.
他十八个月时
By 18 months,
已会二十四个单词的手语了
Caesar was signing up to 24 words.
他两岁时
By age two,
就能完成为八岁以上小孩
Caesar was completing puzzles and models
设计的模型游戏
designed for children eight years and up.
他三岁时
At age three,
所显示出的认知能力
Caesar continues to show cognitive skills
远远超过与他同龄的人类小孩
that far exceed that of a human counterpart.
家 家
Home. Home.
他用十五步完成了汉诺塔
He completed the Lucas Tower in fifteen moves,
满分
a perfect score.
我坚持我的假设
I maintain my hypothesis
首先 他眼球上的绿色斑点
that, A, the green in his eyes
说明ALZ-112的药效
indicates that the ALZ-112
通过母婴遗传传给了他
was passed genetically from mother to son
其次 由于没有需要修复的受损脑细胞
and, B, that in the absence of damaged cells that need replacing,
他体内的药物
the drug in his system has
大幅提升了健康大脑的机能
radically boosted healthy brain functioning.
而且
And,
他象棋下得极好
he plays chess pretty well.
这是我的台灯 是我的房♥间
It’s my lamp! And my room!
老爸
Dad?
这儿不需要你
I don’t need you here.
伊琳娜 对不住了
lrena, l’m sorry.
这活儿没法干了
I can’t do this anymore.
应该送他去老人院
He belongs in a home.
他没办法这样继续生活了
This is no way for him to live.
是的 没法活了
Yeah, and no way to live.
没法活了
No way to live.
这是我的台灯 我一直
Now, it’s my lamp. I’m always…
ALZ-112
老爸 这药会让你好起来的
It’ll make you better, Dad.
老爸
Dad?
多得 进屋来吃早饭了
Todd! Come inside for breakfast!
我要记下从实验室拿的药品
I’ll need to keep track of what I take from the lab.
尽管如此 我想
Although, I don’t foresee
你一个月用一支完全够了
you needing more than one treatment a month.
-奇迹发生了 -是啊
– Something amazing has happened. – Yeah.
我要给你验个血做个扫描
I’ll need a blood test,
再分♥析♥下用药的剂量
and a scan and the dosage.
-必须对你进行仔细的观察 -威尔
– You’ll have to be carefully monitored. – Will…
如果我能带些
Now if I can sneak some…
-威尔 -干嘛
– Will! – Yeah?
我的病好了
I’m not sick anymore.
愿意效劳
It was nothing, Dad.
凯撒 他去哪里了 我要看看他
Caesar. Where’s Caesar? I want to see him.
凯撒
Caesar?
凯撒
Caesar!
他应该不会跑远的
All right, he can’t have gone far.
凯撒
Caesar!
爸爸 爸爸
Daddy? Daddy!
凯撒
Caesar!
滚出去 滚
Get out of here! Get out!
滚出去
Get out! Get out of here!
住手 够了
Hey, hey, hey! Enough! Enough!
你♥他♥妈♥怎么回事啊
The hell is the matter with you?
如果那畜生再靠近我家或是我的孩子
If I see that animal anywhere near my house or my kids again…
他没有威胁的
He’s not dangerous.
-不会有下次了 -最好别有
– It won’t happen again. – Damn right, it won’t.
走吧 老爸
Come on, Dad.
他只是想玩玩
He just wanted to play.
待家里 老爸处理好了
Stay in the house. Daddy’s got it.
告诉过你别一个人出门
I told you not to go out without us.
天啊 没事了
Oh, God. It’s okay.
严重吗
How bad is it?
我不知道
I don’t know.
他喜欢你
He likes you.
别担心
Don’t worry.
很快就弄好了 之后给你买♥♥好吃的
It’ll be over soon and we can go get a treat.
冰激凌怎么样
I’m thinking ice cream.
好主意
Good idea.
你教会他用手语了
You taught him to sign?
就些简单的词
Just a handful of things.
都是些最基本的
Basic stuff.
他在说什么
What’s he saying?
没什么
Nothing.
你看我们什么时候来复诊
So, when do you think we should come back?
你们不需要复诊