什么会这样? 是乔治把她卖♥♥掉的?
How was that?
Was that George that sold her?
才不是
No, sir.
我跟乔治从小是邻居
George and me,
we growed up neighbors.
主人亨利过世时,乔治买♥♥下我
It was George what bought me out
when Master Henry passed, but…
但是他不需要我妈和妹妹
he didn’t have no means
for my mama or my sister.
那么克莱拥有你?
不是
So Clyde owns you?
No, sir.
我不是他的财产
Not in greenbacks and coppers nohow.
他没有把我当财产看待
No, he don’t own me that way.
没有
Nope.
他已经还我自♥由♥了
He made of that a gift.
是我
It’s me.
嗨,杰克
Hey, Jake.
嗨,你掷得不准,打中霍特
Your aim is wild.
You splattered poor Holt.
的确不准
噢,不
Well, it surely is.
Oh, no.
骡儿,不要乱动
骡儿?骡儿?
Whoa, mule! Settle down there!
Mule? “Whoa, mule”?
别乱动
Just calm down.
我看起来像骡子吗?
Well, do I look muley to you?
不知道
Why, no.
这像骡屁♥股♥吗?
Well, does that
look like a mule to you?
像夜里呼噜的骡子屁♥股♥吗?
Does that look like the rear end of
an animal that hee-haws in the night?
看来好像是
查杰克
Looks like it might could be.
Jack Bull Chiles!
别以为我是寡妇…
就可以轻薄
Just ’cause I’m a widow don’t mean
that you can get that familiar with me.
对不起,是你先翘屁♥股♥对着我的脸
Pardon me, ma’am, but I believe it was you
that shoved your rump into my face.
那是要引人注意
That was only just to make a point.
你目的达到了,你的屁♥股♥跟骡屁♥股♥不一样
You made it.
I’ll always know your rump from a mule’s now.
有些差异,我怎么没注意到
Several differences.
Don’t know how I missed ’em before.
不要过份
Well, don’t be mean.
我不会容忍♥的
I can’t tolerate meanness.
这样过份吗?
不
Is that too mean?
No.
一点也不过份
It’s really not too mean at all.
拜托,这里还有我们
饶了我们吧
Oh, for cryin’ out loud! We’re sittin’ right here.
Show us some mercy.
他说得很对
He really is quite right.
我得回家了
Mmm, I better get back to the house.
消除足迹
免得北军找到这里
Cover your tracks in the snow too.
You’ll be leadin’ curious Federals right onto us.
不得无礼,没必要失礼
Don’t be rude.
You have no reason to be rude.
到处都在打仗…
There happens to be a war goin’ on…
你这大笨牛没听到
everywhere but between your two ears,
you dumb ox.
骂我大笨牛?
Dumb ox, am I?
杰克,对不起,我一时冲动
Sorry, Jake.
My leg just did that on its own.
我是无心的
No thought behind it.
了解
I hear you. I hear you.
但我和霍特不想因你的吻而死
But Holt and me ain’t dyin’
just so you could be kissed.
别提霍特,跟霍特毫不相干
Leave Holt out of this. Holt ain’t even here.
Holt ain’t nowhere near here.
不会有人因我的吻而死
I don’t think anybody’s
about to die from my kiss.
而且她被吻得满高兴的
In fact, she seems
to be doin’ tolerably well.
而可以活得很好
Well enough to get goin’ too.
再见
Good day.
乔治克莱还会来会合吗?
You reckon George Clyde’ll ever
join up with us again?
他会不会因温妮塔而斗志全消?
Or do you think Juanita Willard will be
his only cause and comfort from here on?
乔治很有分寸
Ah, George is efficient
when it comes to comfort.
你跟苏莉会长久吗?
This thing with Sue Lee and you –
Will it go on?
大概会吧
I would reckon.
那么…这倒是好事
Well, that’s good for you.
是
Yep.
我大概会娶她
I believe I’ll marry her.
你应该娶她
I believe you should.
苏莉今天晚上会来
Sue Lee’ll be by this evening.
好啊,有一周没看到她了
Oh, good.
It’s been near a week since I’ve seen her.
天气一暖北军出动,使她不敢来
Yeah, all this warmth has the Federals
out for jaunts. It’s kept her home.
我们也快要出去打北军了
It won’t be long
before we join them out there.
不错
No, it won’t.
所以我要问你跟霍特
That’s why I want to ask somethin’
of you and Holt.
说吧
Name it.
未来的伴郎,我想请你回避
Well, there, future best man,
I’d like to ask you for some privacy.
要我们回避?
Oh, you would, would you?
这要求不过份
It’s not much to ask.
我跟霍特做什么?
And what are Holt and me to do?
随便
Anything you’d like.
捡松果掷松鼠,丢飞刀
Throw walnuts at squirrels.
Play mumblety-peg.
霍特,我们有这么无聊吗?
I reckon we could come up with a better
use of our time than that, eh, Holt?
有可能
It’s possible.
大家好
Howdy.
我带吃的给你们
I, um, brung you two somethin’.
尝尝这面包
Try this bread, boys.
谢谢你,你做的?
Why, thank you. Did you make it?
不是,我婆婆的妹妹
No. Mrs. Evans’s sister lives in town.
她亲北方,但亲戚嘛,她送我们的
She’s a Federal, but a sister still.
She gave us two loaves.
她真好,代我们谢谢她
Well, that’s kind of her.
You thank her for us, won’t you?
不能告诉她,她会通报北军
I don’t suppose I’ll tell her
where it went. That might not do.
好暖和,我跟霍特…
Well, this good weather has me and Holt…
想打松鼠
wantin’ to fling walnuts
at mumblety-peg players…
丢飞刀或是玩点什么游戏
or something along those lines.
好,去玩个痛快
All right. Now have fun.
杰克,一小时,拜托
Jake. One hour, please.
“亲爱的露安”
‘Dearest Ruth Ann…
“这封信大概立冬前会到你手里”
“I trust this letter
will reach you before winter.
“这里天气冷,全年都像冬天”
‘Here it is always a sort of winter,
as folks are so cold now.
“我们打得叛军落荒而逃”
‘Rebels are out of the city
as far as armies go…
“但是南方的同情者捣蛋”
‘but there are copperheads around
performing misdeeds.
“发生许多惨事”
“So much cruelty goes on.
“葛提欧监狱关的叛军成了饿殍”
“Gratiot Prison is full of rebels,
and they are left to waste away so pitifully.
“虽是叛军也是人啊”
“They are traitors, but also human.
“看他们真是不像个人…”
“If you looked in on them,
you would not believe that they were…
“瘦得跟稻草人没两样”
“for they so resemble scarecrows now.
“我爸认为战争会打很久,但是…”
“Father believes the war will go on and on…
“更要反对蓄奴”
“but is ever more committed
to the… struggle.
“他把更多的奴隶送到北方去…”
“He manages to send ever greater
numbers of slaves up north…
“脱离他们的主人,得到自♥由♥”
“to freedom and away from
the grasping hands of their masters…
“这样还有人想占有他们为奴”
“who even in the midst of all
attempt to lay claim to them.
“南方人说,自♥由♥权利被我们剥夺”
“The Confederates claim that
we strike at their liberty and rights…
“夺黑人自♥由♥的人,凭什么谈自♥由♥?”