Just me! Don’t shoot
or some dumb thing like that.

喂,你好
Whoa.
Well, how do?
你是伊范太太吧
我给你们送晚餐来
You must be Mrs. Evans.
I brung you some supper.
幸会,查理斯先生
I’m, uh, pleased to meet you, Mr.
Chiles.
杰克布尔查理斯
这是杰克罗德
Mr. Jack Bull Chiles.
This is Jake Roedel.
还有
乔治克莱,伊范太太
And –
George Clyde, Mrs. Evans.
晚餐送晚了,伊范太太说抱歉
Mrs. Evans wishes me to apologize
for not havin’ sent you food sooner.
因为有北军巡逻
The Federals have been on the move.
不要叫我伊范太太,我叫苏莉
And don’t you call me Mrs. Evans.
My name is Sue Lee Shelley.
这是好名字
我现在是寡妇
It’s a good one,
and I am a widow now.
要恢复本名
Reckon I’ll go back to it and use it.
对不起
Please pardon me.
请进,没什么好看
Won’t you come in?
It’s not much to gaze upon…
但礼貌上要邀请
but I reckon we could assay
some hospitality.
乔治
太太,请跟我来
George.
After me, ma’am.
这边请
对不起
Right this way, ma’am.
Excuse me.
谢谢
Thank you.
可恶
Damn.
你笑什么?
What are you smilin’ at?
我去照顾骡子
I’ll see to that mule.
等一下,你说什么?
Wait a second.
What did you say?
我说去照顾它
I say I’ll look to him.
你快进去让那个女人看看你
You better go on in there.
Let that woman see your face.
该死的,霍特
Damnation, Holt.
我的事用不着你管
I think I know best
how to handle my personal affairs.
你照顾骡子,我看有什么吃的
Now, you see that lady’s mule
while I check on what she brung to eat.
对不起,有泥巴
这里,太太
Excuse the mud. We’ll just –
There you go, ma’am.

My!
打游击还不忘礼貌
Well, aren’t you bushwhackers
the gentlemen.
我们尽可能不要失礼,夫人
We try to make the effort
when possible, ma’am.
你认为打仗可以不讲礼貌?
Do you think manners should be dropped
in times like these?
我没有,不过也不要太拘泥
No. But I don’t think horse sense
oughta be dropped either.
天气好冷
It’s cold.
你真体贴我们,夫人
You’re so kind to think of us, ma’am.
男人也很保护我们
You men think of us more.
You do the good work.
你们打仗又残酷又危险
I know it’s dirty and it’s dangerous.
你的话真受用,夫人
Those are good words to hear, ma’am.
不常听到
It’s It’s not always we hear them.
喂,我该走了
Well, I really should be goin’.
再不走伊范太太要担心
Mrs. Evans will worry if I don’t.
夫人…
Uh, ma’am?
小伊范战死,我们很难过
We’re awful sorry about
Evans Jr. Gettin’ killed.
是呀,大家都受苦
Well, we all suffer.
他现在脱离苦海了
But he suffers no more.
他是好丈夫
He was a good husband to me.
只做了三周的好丈夫就完了
For three weeks he was a good husband,
but he didn’t last.
他进来干什么?
What’s he doin’ here, inside?
这黑人跟着我,他叫霍特
Oh, ma’am, this this nigger’s with me.
His name is Holt.
他去种田会更有用吧?
Well, wouldn’t he be more useful
off in a field plowin’?
我看不见得
Oh, no, I reckon not.
我不会叫这个黑人去耕田
No, ma’am. That’s, uh, one nigger
I wouldn’t try to hitch behind a plow.
不行,门都没有
No, I wouldn’t try that.
那么现在
Well, now.
噢, 我差点忘了
Oh, I almost forgot.
明天我公公请吃晚饭
Mr. Evans asked that you come to the house
tomorrow evenin’ after dark.
他有北军的新动态,要告诉你们
He’s up on the latest Federal movements,
and he could post you on ’em.
好呀,很荣幸
Why, we’d be honored.
不知有没有请他…伊范先生
Um, I’m not sure about him.
Mr. Evans –
别介意
You ain’t got nothin’
to worry about on that score.
不必担心,别为霍特伤脑筋
You needn’t worry about Holt.
明天我带他去卫烈家
I’ll be takin’ Holt with me
to the Willards’ tomorrow.
不去你家吃晚餐
We won’t be comin’ to your dinner.
克莱先生,说实在…
Mr. Clyde, honestly…
我不是有意侮辱你的黑人
I didn’t mean to speak ill
of your nigger.
他不是我的黑人
He’s not my nigger.
是我可以日夜交托性命的黑人
He’s just a nigger who I trust with my life
every day and night, that’s all.
这是高度的赞美
是的,夫人
That’s very high praise.
Yes, ma’am, it is.
我明白
I see.
各位,我该走了
Well, gentlemen,
I really must take my leave.
希望合胃口
看来很好吃
I hope the food’ll please you.
It looks wonderful.
谢谢你
大家晚安
Why, thank you.
Now good night, all.
晚安
夫人,晚安
Good night.
Good night, ma’am.
霍特,夫人道晚安
Holt, the lady said good night to all.
扶帽沿回礼
Now touch your hat and say good night.
查理斯,你不要指挥他
他没有礼貌
Chiles, you don’t tell him nothin’.
He’s bein’ rude.
各位,拜托
他不受人管
Gentlemen, please.
He don’t need no tellin’, Chiles!
乔治,没关系
It’s all right, George.
晚安,小姐
Good night, missy.
霍特,晚安
Good night, Holt.
我送小姐去骑骡
I’ll see the lady to her mule.
霍特
乔治,我并不会为难
Holt.
It weren’t no hardship, George.
好吧,好香呀
Well, let’s eat. This smells good.
小心
晚上好
Be careful.
Good evening.
霍特,要我的培根吗?
Holt, you want my bacon?
我可以多吃点
I could eat more.
那就拿去
Go on then.
谢了
Appreciate it.
罗德…
Roedel…
要培根吗?
you want my bacon?
好, 我还吃得下
Yes, I could eat it.
明早我拉在大树旁
Well, I’ll shit it out
by the oak tree in the mornin’.
你自己去捡
You can just go and help yourself.
请问
And why, if you do not mind my askin’…
你们为什么不参加正规军
did you not join the regular army?
正规军?我们想过
Army? Well, we thought of it.
我们想在自己的家乡打仗
I suppose we decided this fight’s
got to be made in our own country…
不让那些将军带去别处打仗
not where some general
tells us it should happen.
很快就会遍布南方
It soon will be everywhere.
春天一到,我们全家就要搬走
My family and I,

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!