Not so as you’d notice.
好吧,我来弄吃的
I’ll look into it.
罗德
Roedel.
写下来,刊登勒星顿新闻报
Now, take this down.
It is forthe Lexington Union News.
写好一点,施展你的文笔
So do it fine, the way you do.
我很乐意
Gladly.
“亲爱的市民”
“Dear Citizens:
“这年头犯小错都会丢掉性命”
“Mistakes are most common these days
and deadly for it.
“联邦军要吊死洛埃和寇汀”
“The Federals are to hang William Lloyd
and James Curtain…
“两位密苏里的优秀子弟”
“two fine sons of Missouri.
“不过有幸运之神眷顾”
‘But by a provident cut of the cards…
“我抓到四个北军”
“four Federals have been dealt to me.
“他们不希望吊死洛埃和寇汀”
“And it is their hope
that Lloyd and Curtain are not hanged…
“免得我吊死他们四个来报复”
‘as they would provide
the sequel to these murders.
“不过,我们的兄弟若获释”
“However, if our boys are released…
“君子一言”
“I will, as a gentlemen…
“我也放这四个不幸的人”
“release these unfortunates.
“请市民大众作睿智的决定”
“The choice is yours, citizens,
so make it wisely.
“安布罗 克莱签署”
“Signed, John Ambrose and George Clyde…
第一游击兵团指挥官
Command of First Irregulars. ”
很好,加一条注
That’s good.
Put a note on it that says…
“切记,我们神出鬼没”
“Where you think we ain’t, we are.
Remember it. ”
谁去投书?勒星顿到处有北军
Who will deliver it?
There are Federals all over Lexington.
派个人混进去
这招用过了
We could slip a man in there.
We done it before.
若能找到愿意送信的市民就好了
Oh, I reckon a citizen could be pressed into service,
if one could be found.
这有困难,市民都很小心
That might be a job,
for citizens are cautious hereabouts.
你有好主意,德奇?
You got some better idea, Dutchy?
干脆你自告奋勇
Maybe you should volunteer yourself.
有个办法可以证明
Well, there is a way we could
prove more things than one.
派一个俘虏去,证明我们有俘虏
If we send a prisoner,
it would prove we have prisoners.
同时证实我们的善意
And also
he can attest to our intentions.
俘虏要进城要快
It seems to me he could get
more quickly into town as well.
时间紧迫
And time is short.
只怕洛埃和寇汀的绞刑快执行了
Lloyd and Curtain will be hanged
right quick, I would think.
好主意,你很有见解
It is a good idea.
There are some fine touches to it.
罗德,你应该多开口
You know, you should
speak up more, Roedel.
你不像表面那么笨
You’re not near so dumb
as you let on.
抓一个北军上马去送信
Now go put one of them Federals
on a horse with that letter.
说服他们换俘虏
Convince them to see
this deal through, Alf.
我们只要求受到军人的待遇
We’re only askin’ to be treated
like the soldiers that we are.
我们也会这样对待你的同志
We shall do the same
for your companions here.
尽力说服他们
Do your best.
你看什么?
What are you lookin’ at?
杰克,那是什么?
What is it, Jake?
听你叹气的声音比母牛嚼东西的声音还大
I hear you ruminatin’ louder
than a cow chewin’ in my ear…
吵得我都睡不着
and it’s keepin’ me from my sleep.
你觉得亚福波登他顺利回到列克星敦了没?
Do you think Alf Bowden’s
made it back to Lexington as yet?
我看他走的时候还在犹豫呢
There was a minute there
when I saw him ridin’ off –
我觉得我们可以加入他
I thought maybe
you and me could join him.
那样我们就能一起回家了
That we could all ride home together.
就那么一起骑回家
Just ride back home.
你把魂丢家啦?
怎么总想着要回家
What have you left at home
you’re so anxious to ride back to?
没事了
Nothin’.
就是想家了
Just a passel of memories.
回忆的大多数是你我两个人的往事
Mostly memories of you and me.
还有你老爸,那个老艾沙查理斯.
Of your father, old Asa Chiles.
我们会一直在一起的,杰克布尔
我们会一起回去的
We’ll stick together, Jack Bull.
We’ll get all of it back.
要么你就是能起死回生的黑巫师
是不是呢?
Then you’re a black magician
who can raise the dead, are ya?
不是,要不然我父亲也不会归根了
No. My father’s under the dirt to stay.
你那东西也要归根大地了
Like that’s gone to stay too.
我的手指头?
My finger?
好吧,就是如此了
Well, so it is.
它倒是让我像伤兵一样引人注目了
And it makes me notable
by the loss.
你应该庆幸上面还没有戒指
You sound pleased, as if that finger
had been pesterin’ you for rings.
这怎么能庆幸,它总归是手指
我宁愿它还长在上面
No. It was a fine finger,
and I’d rather have it still.
但我还是失去它了
我觉得它肯定会被鸡吃掉的
But it was took from me,
and it’s been et by chickens for sure.
让我说,
这断了手指也有一个好处
And I say,
what is the good side to this amputation?
这好处就是…
说吧,杰克
And there is one.
Name it, Jake.
恩,会有那么一天,那些联邦
Well, you say one day some Federals…
抓到了我
然后在灌木里杀了我
catch up to me
and kill me in a thicket.
恩,他们会想先要知道我的底细
再绞死我
Well, they would riddle me
and hang me…
南方人或许几周几个月都找不到我了
and no Southern man
would find me for weeks or months.
当他们找到我后,我都成为一堆烂肉了
就那么一堆肉球
And when they did, I’d be bad meat,
pretty well rotted to a glob.
我觉得你倒是能清清楚楚的被认出
You’re scientifically accurate, I’m afraid.
我明白了
我是一团神秘的肉球
I’ve seen it.
I’d be a mysterious gob of rot.
人们会问
『那是谁啊?』
People would say,
“who was that?”
肯定有人抬头看着然后说
And surely someone
would look up and say…
“咋了, 这就是坏手的杰克罗德.”
“Why, it’s nubbin-fingered Jake Roedel. ”
然后你就可以去很确定的跟我老爸报丧了
And then you could go
and tell my father I was clearly murdered…
他也不会再被期待奇迹的情绪折磨
and he wouldn’t be tortured
by uncertain wonders.
这就是那个好处?
And that’s the good of it?
是啊,这就是好处
Yes, sir, that’s the good.
去睡吧,杰克罗德
Go to sleep, Jake Roedel.
去那边
Get over there!
他们昨晚把洛埃和寇汀俩绞了
They hanged and quartered
Lloyd and Curtain last night.
看起来这些蛮子不是真正的士兵
Seems those bushwhackers
are not real soldiers.
坚持住,孩子
Had it with you, boy!
无论如何不跟他们谈交易
Not fit for trading anyhow.
嘿,杰克,你在想些什么
Hey, Jake, what are you knowing?
我觉得我想的太多了
I feel I’m knowin’ too much.
哦,那就放下这些想法
彻底的抛开
Ah. Well, forget it. Throw it down.
我们不能仅仅是杀了他们
恩,那不是我们原来想要的,杰克
We could’ve merely shot them.
Well, that was not the plan, Jake.
虽则说不通顺
但“原本不想”的确是个好借口
Might be no rhyme to it,
but that was just plain old not the plan.
杰克
Jake.
黑爵说你识字,这是北方来的
Black John says you’re lettered.
It’s Union mail.
他要你读信,看有什么消息
Wants you to look it over,
tell him if there’s anything to learn.
好的