骑师是
Jockey?
吉米·潘普·卡赛迪
Jimmy ‘Pumper’ Cassidy.
1930年呢
1930?
-法尔·拉普 -衣服颜色
– Phar Lap. – Colors?
深红色 黑白袖子
Crimson, black-white sleeves.
你得问些
See, you’ve got to ask some questions
至少她会感兴趣的问题
that she might at least be interested in.
好的 史蒂夫
Righto, Stevie.
好了 伙计
All right, mate.
来这儿
Here.
好 我们扶着你 小姑娘
Right, let’s have you, little girl.
这边 好的
There you go. Good.
好了 伙计
Okay, mate.
没错 是安德鲁做的
Yeah, Andrew made that.
欢迎回家 臭丫头
该死
Shit!
做得好
Well done.
你进步很大 米歇尔
You’ve made great progress, Michelle.
如果发生脑部的再次损伤可能是致命的
But another injury to the head could be fatal.
你要尽全力保护它
You’ve got to do whatever you can to protect it.
我什么时候才能再次骑马
When can I ride again?
你好
Hi.
你疯了
You’re out of your mind.
去结婚 旅行 然后生个小孩
Get married, go travelling and have kids.
这就是为什么他们
There’s a reason they call it
称之为世界上最危险的运动
the most dangerous sport on earth.
如果你得了永久性脑损伤 谁来照顾你
Who’ll look after you if you’re permanently brain-damaged?
-或者瘫痪了 -爸爸不能
– Paralyzed? – Dad can’t.
我会的
I will.
小米 我不能再参与这个了
Shelly, I can’t be part of this anymore.
如果我让你继续训练 万一坏事发生了
If I get you a ride and something happens…
所以你们想让我做什么
So, what do you want me to do?
回来当你们十个中最小的妹妹
Go back to being the youngest of ten,
像大家说的那样做
doing as I’m told by everybody else?
说得好像你从来没那么做过一样
Like you ever did what you were told!
我可没看到你让你的丈夫放弃赛马
I don’t see you telling your husbands to give up,
-他们全都受过伤 -爸爸
– and they’ve all been injured. – Dad, please,
请劝劝她
just tell her.
我曾经尝试过一次
I did try to do that once.
结果不如意
Didn’t work out so well.

No.
如果那小姑娘已经下定决心了
If that little girl’s made up her mind…
无论这里还是天上都没人能改变她的想法
there’s no-one here or in heaven that can make her change it.
3200次比赛
361次取胜
7次摔倒
16次骨折
一周后我去接你
I’ll pick you up in a week.
不 我会坐火车回家
No. I’m getting the train home.
史蒂夫男孩们 都好了吗
Stevie boy! All good?
-都好了 -是的 没错
– All good. – Yep. Right.
嗨 孩子
Hi, boy.
你在那里做什么呢
What are you doing in there?
发生了什么
What’s going on?
怎么啦 怎么啦 老兄
What’s wrong? What’s wrong, buddy?
它的名字是彭城贵胄
His name is Prince of Penzance.
它的健康问题比你还多
He’s had more medical issues than you.
很遗憾你退役了
It’s a shame you’re out of action.
本有机会带它兜一圈
Could have taken him for a spin.
我没有退役
I’m not out of action.
我只是在休假 医生让我休息一个月
I’m just on a break. Doctor’s given me a month.

Okay.
王子在逐渐康复 我把它交给你了
Prince’s injury’s healing nicely. I’ve put it up for you.
好的 谢谢亲爱的
Good. Thanks, darl.
如果你愿意 可以带它去海边兜一圈
You can take him down to the beach if you like.
好孩子
Beautiful boy!
我们会检查蹄筋是否放松
We’ll see if that eases the tendon.
-史蒂夫在哪里 -我要骑那匹马
– Where’s Stevie? – I have to ride that horse.
它可能是我骑过最好的马
That is probably the best horse I’ve ever ridden.
小东西 等你做完治疗后
Hey, Dusty, when you’ve finished your little beauty treatment,
再带三叉戟出去慢跑
take Trident out for a trot
看看它的后腿和后臀是否紧致
and see if the hindquarters are still tight.
没问题 先生. 威尔
No worries, Mr. Weir.
先生 我看起来像个银行经理吗 米克
“Mister”? Do I look like a bank manager to you, Mick?
-我觉得不像 -那就好
– Not to me. – Good.
德伦
Darren?
德伦
Darren!
你还跟着我是吧
You’re still following me, aren’t you?
我什么都愿意做
I will do whatever it takes.
我每天都会骑马去瓦伦布尔
I will drive every day to Warrnambool.
瓦南布尔:澳大利亚捕鲸小镇
我必须要骑那匹马
I have to ride that horse.
米歇尔
Michelle.
你有头骨断裂 现在你的背又没好
You’ve fractured your skull. Now your back.
你的双肘 脖子
Both your elbows. Your neck.
你身体上有哪一部分是没受伤的吗
Is there any part of you that’s not damaged?
我获胜的能力
My ability to win.
好吧 你可以和史蒂夫一起住
Fine. You can bunk in with Stevie.
但我可不敢保证
But… no promises.
你不会后悔的 先生. 威尔
You won’t regret it, Mr. Weir!
你会为那样称呼我而后悔的 别这样
You’ll regret calling me that. Don’t.
-当然 -很好
– Yep. – Good.
太好了
Yes!
你状态不错
You’re looking good.
好孩子 就是那样
That’s it, boy.
强壮多了 王子
Oh, much stronger, Prince.
看上去真不错 好多了
Looking really good. Much better.
-好孩子 就是那样 -真棒
– That’s it, boy. – That’s it, boy!
他越来越好了 焕然一新
He’s getting better. Good as new.
好孩子
Good boy. Good boy.
麦迪 你可以把它带到水池去吗
Maddy, can you take him down to the water walker?
-让它待十分钟 -好
– Put him on for ten minutes. – Yep.
-他看上去不错 -是
– He looks good. – Yeah.
让我们试着骑一段短程距离
Let’s try him on a short run.
精神振作起来 准备比赛
…Spirit pulled out, raced up,
彭城贵胄已经击倒了悠闲拉里
but Prince of Penzance has beaten off Laid Back Larry!
彭城贵胄和俄勒冈精神
Prince of Penzance and Oregon Spirit.
坚持到最后 还有50米
Down to the back, 50 to go.
彭城贵胄在奋力前行
Prince of Penzance digs in hard, finds plenty,
王子领先俄勒冈精神
and the Prince gets in by three-quarters
四分之三个身位
of a length to Oregon Spirit!
王子奔跑着来了
In the running, here comes the Prince.
他说 稍后见 他从外♥围♥移♥动♥到前面来了
He said, “See you later, boys.” He moves up on the outside
以一骑猛跃到达终点 赢得漂亮
and, in a bonanza performance, goes home and wins well…
你在最后400米驾驭得相当不错 小米
You managed him beautifully in the final 400, Shell.
他肯定会为你跑得很快
He sure runs well for you.
-干杯 -当然
– Cheers! – Sure does.
米歇尔·佩恩 米歇尔·佩恩
Michelle Payne. Michelle Payne!
现在让我们关注一下满利谷杯
Now looking at the Moonee Valley Cup,
是墨尔本杯的资格赛
a qualifying race for the Melbourne Cup,
奥品恩最受欢迎
and Opinion is the favorite.
彭城贵胄 米歇尔·佩恩
Prince of Penzance, Michelle Payne,
在一段时间内进行了四次比赛
four runs back from a spell.
他身上有一些伤口
He’s had his issues with injuries,
但是他仍可能有机会
but he might be a chance here.
这个距离对他非常理想
This distance looks ideal for him.
准备出发 他们起身 比赛开始
Ready to go. They’re off and racing.
奥品恩一跃而出
And Opinion jumping well over on the outside,
最被看好
the favorite…
奥品恩起身非常好
Opinion got away well,
在开始不久之后
and going through is Black Tycoon
黑色大亨也动身了
soon after the start.
优先权利正在向后移
Precedence is now drifting back.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!