够了 你不必步你姐姐们的后尘
That’s it. You don’t have to follow your sisters.
好好完成学业 选择自己的路
Commit to your education. Make your own choice.
停下 停下
Pull up. Pull up!
怎么了
What was wrong with that?
时间到了
Your time is out.
我数的是对的
I counted it right.
你是我的徒弟 我说你出局 你就出局了
You’re my apprentice. If I say you’re out, you’re out!
现在 全部数到6 最后两弗隆数到12
Now, six at evens, last two furlongs at 12.
弗隆:英国长度单位,等于1/8英里
好吧
Okay.
心里默数 一只猴子 两只猴子 三只猴
In your head, “One monkey, two monkeys, three monkeys.
四只猴子 五只猴子 六只猴子
Four monkeys, five monkeys, six monkeys…’
比赛前一定要熟悉赛道
Always walk the track before you race,
但比赛时
but between races,
当赛道看起来还不是一片绿的时候
not when it’s looking like a bowling green.
记住草皮的痕迹
And memorize where the divots are.
等他们铺上之后就没意义了
There’s no point after they’ve filled them in.
摸摸看
Now, feel it.
里面有多湿
How much moisture’s in it?
有点儿
It’s damp.
那边的呢
What about over there?
-更硬些 -意味着什么
– Harder. – Which means?
-跑得更快 -很好
– Faster. – Good.
所以 无论你抽到哪一栏
So, no matter what barrier you draw,
都要尽快到达
you want to get to the hardest part of the course,
赛道最硬的这个地方
quick as you can.
比赛的关键
How you race…
就在于此
is written in there.
走吧 小姑娘
Come on, little girl.
马的肺决定其速度 心脏决定其耐力
A horse gallops with his lungs, he perseveres with his heart
而它的品质是取胜的关键
and he wins with his character.
比赛考验的不仅是速度 更是耐性
It’s not just about speed. It’s about patience.
当你们挤在一起 你无法呼吸时
You’re all bunched in, you can’t breathe,
你认为胜负已定
you think it’s all done,
每匹马的疲劳时间都不同
and then the horses all start fatiguing at different times.
就在那一瞬间 机会来了
And suddenly, a gap opens.
那是上帝在告诉你
And that’s God talking to you.
你最好听他的 因为机会就在那一瞬间
And you’d better listen to God, because he will close that gap
转瞬即逝
quicker than you can say your mother’s name.
你慢了 加速
You’re riding slow. Pick it up.
用膝盖 用手
Use your knees. Use your hands.
如果你没抓住机会 他们会说你没种
If you don’t take the gap, they’ll say you’re a coward,
因为你是女的
because you’re a girl.
力量决定一切
It’s all about strength.
尤其是最后100米 你得积蓄足够的力量
You’ve got to keep enough petrol in the tank for the last 100.
重点不是力量 而是姿势
It’s not about strength. It’s about positioning.
行吗 不能依赖鞭子
Okay? You don’t rely on the whip.
用掌后部推马的脖子
You push up the neck with the heel of your hands.
如果你抓住了机会还是输了
And if you take the gap and lose,
他们会说你有勇无谋
they’ll say you’re reckless and lacking in technique,
同样因为你是女的
because you’re a girl.
很棒
Good!
你终于听进去了
Finally, you’re listening to me!
第一场比赛
-你的更衣室在那边 宝贝儿 -女孩止步
– Yours is over there, love. – No girls in here.
骑师更衣室
酒吧
姑娘
Love.
在这儿
You’re in here.
女骑手
现在好好想想我教给你的
Now, remember what I taught you.
等到他们散开 寻找机会
Wait till they fan, look for the gap.
这是你胜负的关键
That’s where you’ll win or lose the race.
准备好了吗
You good?
爸爸 米歇尔落后了
Michelle come last, Dad.
谢谢你 史蒂夫
Thanks, Steve.
全力冲刺
Keep going!
爸爸 米歇尔垫底了
Michelle come last, Dad.
我看到了 史蒂夫
Yeah, I noticed that, Stevie.
爸爸 她是最后一个
She come last, Dad!
是啊
Yep.
米歇尔 超过他们
Get out of there, Michelle!
史蒂夫 别说
Don’t say it, Stevie.
-吃派吗 -吃
– Want a pie? – Yes, please.
走吧
Come on.
我看见了间隙的机会
I saw the gap.
那为何你没抓住机会
How come you didn’t take it?
我做不到
I couldn’t.
那间距在变小 我的马跑不过它
The gap was moving faster than my horse.
你可能只是没这方面的天赋吧
Maybe you just don’t have it in you.
我想明天给你以前的学校打个电♥话♥
I think we could give your old school a call tomorrow.
也许要重读一年 但是
Yeah. Might have to repeat the school year, but, you know…
巴拉腊特赛马场
各就各位
Clear! Stand by.
关键不是速度
It’s not just about speed.
而是耐心
It’s about patience.
她跑在了前面 而且距离越拉越大
She gets the upper hand and draws away.
这是属于米歇尔·佩恩的重要时刻
A big moment for Michelle Payne.
她以惊艳的方式开启了她的职业赛马生涯
Michelle kicks off her career in great style.
-祝贺你 小米 -顶尖的骑手
– Good on you, Shelly! – Top ride, love!
所以佩恩家族的传奇还在继续
So the dynasty that is the Payne clan continues.
佩恩家的第八个孩子 卓越的骑手
Remarkably, an eighth Payne sibling jockey
王者归来
comes back a winner.
布里吉德
Brigid.
她从马上摔了下来
She’s had a fall.
我们的布里吉德
Our Brigid.
我们 亲爱的女儿
Our… beloved daughter…
姐妹 骑手
sister and jockey.
她是这个国家
She was just the second woman in the state
第二个职业女骑手
to ride professionally.
她不只是克服了阻碍
She didn’t just break down barriers.
更打破了传统
She knocked them right over.
现在她去陪她的母亲了
She’s with her mother now.
两年后
嗨 女儿
Hi, little girl.
打得还好吗
You go good?
是的 我赢了
Yeah. I won.
我想和金杰一起骑马
I want to ride with Ginge.
不行 你还有一年的学徒期
No way. You’ve still got a year of your apprenticeship to go.
你让其他人跟着不同的驯马员
You let the others ride with different trainers.
为什么到我就不行
Why can’t I?
因为你还没准备好
Because you’re not ready!
我准备好了
I’m ready.
只有我说你准备好了才行
You’re ready when I say you are!
爸爸 我已经准备好了
I’m ready, Dad.
运气好的话 我一个月才能骑一次马
I’m lucky if I get a ride a month.
爸爸 你只剩下查塔努加
You’ve only got Chattanooga
和珀西瓦尔两个骄傲了
and Percival’s Pride left, Dad.
你只有两匹马
How am I supposed to get race-fit
我要到什么时候才能准备好比赛
when you’ve only got two horses?
耐心点 女儿 你还差点火候
Patience, little girl. You just need more time.
我已经耐心了两年了
I’ve been patient for two years.
你可以在城里找个好工作
You could have a fine career in the country.
我不想要城里的好工作
I don’t want a fine career in the bloody country!
我想拿冠军 想成为最好的骑手
I want to ride Group 1st. I want to be the best.
不行
No!
我还要等多久
How long do I have to wait for?
等到我死吗
Till I’m dead?
照我说的做就好了 小女孩
You will do as I say, little girl!
我已经不是你的小女孩了
I’m not your little girl.
考菲尔德赛马场
大家好 我是米歇尔·佩恩
Hi. I’m Michelle Payne.
我是个骑手 也可以做场地工作
Uh, I’m a jockey. I’m available for track work.
如果有人需要我 我就在外面
I’ll just be outside if anyone needs me.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!