Then be your eyes the witness of their evil.
见证我中的巫术
See how I am bewitched.
请看
Behold
我这胳膊像折断的树苗一般
my arm is like a blasted sapling
这都是那巫婆伊丽莎白王后施的妖术
withered up by Queen Elizabeth, that monstrous witch!
假如她做出这种事 大人
If she has done this deed, my noble lord.
假如?
If?
你还护着这妖妇伊丽莎白
You protector of this damned Elizabeth!
还跟我说”假如”?
Talk you to me of “if”?
你这个叛徒
You are a traitor!
砍掉他的头
Off with his head!
我以圣保罗起誓 不看到他的头就不再进餐
Now, by Saint Paul, I swear I will not dine until I see the same!
其他热爱我的人 站起来跟我走
The rest that love me, rise and follow me!
公爵要去用餐了
The duke would be at dinner.
他等着看你的头呢
He longs to see your head.
我曾经这么喜爱他
So dear I loved the man.
不得不为他一哭
that I must weep.
谁能想到 这狡诈的叛徒
Would you imagine that the subtle traitor
就在这议会里设计谋害我
had plotted in the parliament to murder me
和护国公大人?
and the Lord Protector?
真有此事?
Had he done so?
市长大人 我们是为公序良俗
Lord Mayor, the civil peace
才不得不直接处决他的
enforced us to this execution.
他死有余辜
Now, he deserved his death.
敬请放心
And do not doubt.
我一定向我恭顺的同僚们通告
But that I shall acquaint my duteous city colleagues.
您对此事的公正裁决
With all your just proceedings in this cause.
白金汉 跟着去市政厅
Buckingham, go after to the Council House.
暗示一下爱德华的子嗣
Infer the bastardy.
不清不白的出身
of Edward’s children.
尤其别忘了
Moreover
强调爱德华荒淫无度
urge Edward’s hateful lechery
随意染指他们的仆人 女儿 妻子
Which stretched unto their servants, daughters, wives!
请放心 大人 我定当雄辩一番
Doubt not, my lord, I’if play the orator
就像我申辩的那个黄金冠冕
As if the golden fee for which I plead.
是给我自己的一样
Were for myself.
凯茨比
Catesby.
传令禁止任何人
Give order that no manner of person
与两位王子有任何接触往来
Have any time recourse unto the princes.
那时他双手上的血迹还没洗净
When scarce the blood was well washed from his hands.
还沾着我天使般先夫的鲜血
Which issued from my other angel husband
那时我看着理查的脸 暗自赌咒发誓
When, I say, I looked on Richard’s face, this was my wish.
我发誓说 “愿你受诅咒”
“Be you,” I said, “accursed.”
“若你结婚 愿悲哀紧系你的床头”
“And when you wed, let sorrow haunt your bed.”
可叹眨眼之间
Within so small a time
我这妇人之心 竟被他的甜言蜜语俘虏
my woman’s heart grossly grew captive to his honey words.
成了我自己诅咒的牺牲品
And proved subject to my own soul’s curse.
白金汉
Buckingham
市民们怎么说?
what say the citizens?
你提了爱德华的孩子是私生子没有?
Did you infer the bastardy of Edward’s children?
我提了 还说了他贪婪的淫欲
I did. And the insatiate greediness of his desires;
他的轻罪重刑 他的暧昧出身
His tyranny for trifles; his own bastardy!
你在战场上的韬略 平时的贤明
Your discipline in war, wisdom in peace
你的慷慨 高洁和谦逊
Your bounty, virtue, fair humility.
讲到末尾的时候
And when my oratory drew to an end
我号♥召所有的爱国志士
I bade those who did love their country’s good.
齐呼 “上帝保佑理查 英格兰的国王”
Cry “God save King Richard, England’s royal king!”
他们喊了吗? 没有
And did they so? No.
天可怜见 他们一言不发 哈
So God help me, they spoke not a word. Bah!
这些哑巴木头人 他们都不肯吭声?
What tongueless blocks are they! Would they not speak?
市长和他的同僚们来了
My Lord Mayor and his colleagues have arrived.
显出点顾虑来
Pretend some fear!
别轻易答应我们的恳请
Be not easily won by our requests.
别忘了 手里拿本祈祷书
And, look you. get a prayer book in your hand.
像小姐一样矜持 口里说不 半推半就地接受
Play the maid’s part: still answer no and take it.
拉克立夫
Ratcliffe.
不愁我们大事不成
No doubt we’ll bring it to a happy issue.
等着看我的手段吧
You shall see what I can do.
凯茨比
Catesby.
白金汉大人 他请求您
He does entreat you, my Lord Buckingham
明天或是后天再来见他
to visit him tomorrow or next day.
他在里面 有两位神甫陪着
He is within. with two right reverend priests.
告诉他 我和市长以及这几位
Tell him myself, the Mayor and these gentlemen
来找他商讨国家大事
Are come to have some conference with him.
这就替您通报 大人
I’if tell him what you say, my lord.
啊 市长大人
Ah, Lord Mayor.
理查不是爱德华♥国♥王
Richard is not King Edward.
他可没在温柔乡里缠绵 他在冥想
He is not lulling on a lewd love-bed, but meditating.
和两位富有修养的神甫潜心祈祷 提升性灵呢
with two deep divines, praying to enrich his watchsoul.
这是英格兰之幸啊 只要这位贤人肯屈尊
Happy were England, would this virtuous man take on his grace
把王位继承下来
the sovereignty thereof.
上帝保佑理查别拒绝吧
God defend Richard should say no to us.
恐怕他要拒绝的 凯茨比? 他很惊讶
I fear he will. Catesby? He wonders to what end
你召集这么多市民来有何贵干
you have assembled such troops of citizens to speak with him.
大人 他疑心你们不怀好意
My lord, he fears you mean no good to him.
苍天可鉴 我们纯粹是一片赤诚
By heaven, we come to him in perfect love!
护国公大人?
My Lord Protector?
请原谅我们打扰了您的虔修
Pray pardon us the interruption of your devotions.
大人 不必道歉
My lord, there needs no such apology.
怕是该请您恕我冒犯才对
I do suspect I have done some offence.
您确有不妥 您乐意改正吗?
You have. Will it please you to amend your fault?
不然我还怎么在基♥督♥徒的国土上生存呢?
Else wherefore breathe I in a Christian land?
要知道 您的过错便是拒绝了至尊的位置
Know then, it is your fault that you refuse the supreme seat
威严的宝座
the throne majestical.
我们衷心恳求您
We heartily solicit you,
亲自担起治理国家的重任
take on the kingly government of this your land
不是作护国公 而是血脉相承
Not as Lord Protector, but from blood to blood
这是您天赋的权利 您的基业 归您所有
Your right of birth, your empery, your own!
我该感谢您的热诚
Your love deserves my thanks.
可我自愧才疏学浅 恐难当此重任
But my desert, unmeritable, shuns your high request.
首先 纵然一切障碍均已排除
First, if all obstacles were cut away
然而我如此德行菲薄
Yet so much is my poverty of spirit
瑕疵多端 缺陷重大
So mighty and so many my defects
我宁愿闭门思过 躲避尊荣
That I should rather hide me from my greatness.
不过感谢上帝 暂时还用不上我
But, God be thanked, there is no need of me.
王室血脉自有王室子嗣继承
The royal tree has left us royal fruit.
您说威尔士亲王是您大哥的儿子
You say the Prince of Wales is your brother’s son.
我们同意 可他是婚前出生的
So say we. but born before his wedding day.
所以 好大人 请亲自接受
Then, good my lord, take to your royal self
我们呈献的尊号♥吧
This proffered benefit of dignity!
护国公大人
Good my Lord Protector!
我们恳求您 千万莫推辞呀 葛罗斯特
We entreat you, refuse you not, Gloucester.
唉呀 这真让人诚惶诚恐了
Truly, the hearts of men are full of fear.
我实在不配做一国之君
I am unfit for state and majesty.
那我们就拥立别人为王
Then we will plant some other on the throne!
我求你们别见怪
I do beseech you, take it not amiss.
我既不能也不愿从命
I cannot nor I will not yield to you.
您哥哥的儿子永远别想登上王位
Your brother’s son will never reign our king!
来吧诸位 我不再请求了 天可怜见
Gentlemen, come, I will entreat no more! God’s wounds!
别指天怨地啊 大人
Oh, do not swear, my Lord Buckingham!
快叫他回来 大人 接受王冠吧
Call him again, my lord! Accept the Crown!
你非逼我接受这无穷烦恼吗?
Will you enforce me to a world of cares?
叫他回来吧
Call him again.
大人 白金汉大人
My lord! My Lord Buckingham!
我哪里是铁石心肠
l’m not made of stone.
诸位 既然你们硬要把命运的重担压在我背上
Gentlemen, since you will buckle fortune on my back
我也只得从命
I must have patience
任劳任怨了
to endure the load.
但是上帝可鉴 你们也可能看到
But God doth know, and you may partly see
我对这安排
How far I am.
有多么不情愿

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!